COMPLEX ACQUIRES SOLE COLLECTOR

I lurk the site like once a month. You can tell it's full of kids in their early teenage years, which is why I don't post anymore.

Steve's taking advantage of the situation/opportunity by selling the site when this sneaker hype is at its peak...smart move and nice come up

That forum it's absolute trash nowadays, but the blog is cool and so is its marketplace...can't eem be mad at Steve, people have to feed their families, most of us in a position to make money would have done the same.

:kanye shrug:

Never understood the whole "NT is the best" talk. Have yall read some of the garbage posted here too? IMO, not much difference

Last edited:
Never understood the whole "NT is the best" talk. Have all read some of the garbage posted here too? IMO, not much difference
It's more about the members and staff not the content. 

NT was first. The people who were influencing and setting trends were always actively posting on NT and not $.C

NT is for the people. We have never been charged to use the marketplace. 

NT has never used underage kids to moderate/censor the forums for financial gain. 

NT is not influenced by large corporations.

Instyleshoes, Sole Bar, Shoe competitions. Do I need to go on?

Last edited:
Never understood the whole "NT is the best" talk. Have yall read some of the garbage posted here too? IMO, not much difference

Former ISSer and for what I use the forum which is just more of a social network, NT blows SC out the water, the experience here is simply more fun, users interact better with each other regardless of all the BS bickering that goes on...this place definately has a much better sense of community, I love it's grounded roots and the fact that Meth seems to not have a price and prides himself on that.

SC at one point was cool up until 07 I think...but then the blog started overshadowing the forum, ad revenue became the #1 priority, the user experience became less friendly and not to mention mod positions started being handed based on popularity which just took the whole forum posting experience downhill....you had about 30 Mods and admins, all on a power trip doing a terrible job at moderating, scamming and doing all sorts of shady crap simply because they could....the MP though, is one of the best things I've come across the net when it comes to kicks, rarely ever log on to that site, except when I need to buy or sell, chances are if I need a pair of kicks I'll find it there.

What happened to Billy Hoyle with the mag? I don't know the whole history of it. Did he have ownership of it at one point?

I really want to know who has the better hit count as far as people visiting each site. I am biased to think NT has so many more visits but I literally have never been on Sole Collectors site at all.

142a691.jpg

Last edited:
from what i understand i think there saying they gonna try to charge you for selling on there site,i bet alot more user will start using nt sale forum if this is true

I cant eem front i started out on ISS back in 06/07. Made some good friends i still keep in contact with through there. We still chill.

Eventually made the switch to NT, way better :smokin

from what i understand i think there saying they gonna try to charge you for selling on there site,i bet alot more user will start using nt sale forum if this is true

They already do, but it wasn't mandatory, you would pay if you wanted your listing to stay at the top of searches...if they make it mandatory, it's a wrap.

Steve tried this years ago. Did not work out to well.

Complex would not bought them if they were not gonna start trying to milk every last dollar out of them.Curious how this will affect Nike's relationship with the magazine. 

They already do, but it wasn't mandatory, you would pay if you wanted your listing to stay at the top of searches...if they make it mandatory, it's a wrap.

**thinks to self**

When that happens, then their users will more than likely migrate to NT to take advantage of our free B/S forum.

If this happens, Niketalk will then likely become the new home and repository for this, largely, immature and irritating bunch.

Damn, Niketalk is gonna be straight up wack if this happens.

But wait a minute...we still have a secret weapon to deter potentially problematic users/abusers: the all powerful WAIT-PERIOD.

Yesss...with the wait-period, Meth god can filter the scummy users from the good ones, thus protecting the sanctity of the Niketalk we know and love.

Ahhh the good ol' wait-period, so glad we have it...

Yeahhhh we're all definitely doomed...

Last edited:
I would think the main reason to get ************* is to just to make money off advertising. The only thing that is of value is the amount of users and visitors there. I would think they would just exploit that if any.

I had no idea the hate for Steve was this real here :lol:. Some of my favorite kicks came from ISS before it got ruined.

Steve prolly walked out with well over a million in this deal

Niketalk is the best...but i wont hate on a man that made it

I lurk the site like once a month. You can tell it's full of kids in their early teenage years, which is why I don't post anymore.

Steve's taking advantage of the situation/opportunity by selling the site when this sneaker hype is at its peak...smart move and nice come up

Have you looked at the JB forum and the Lebron X thread? Complex will definitely look to drive up their revenues and you can bet that those kids will be flocking to NT.

Back
Top Bottom