COMPLEX ACQUIRES SOLE COLLECTOR

The value of that acquisition is mainly from the market place and ad revenue from the blog. With that said, I respect Steve's come up. I don't see it as exploitation of the sneaker culture and had I been in the same position I would do the same.

NT is a whole other community. I spend most of my time here on the General Forums, Sports, and Music. The users here are a lot more interesting than on ISS. ISS reminds me that kid with no personality who spends a bunch of money on shoes and clothes to validate himself. I only go to ISS to come up on a pair of shoes or sell some shoes. 

ISS used to be great. Started on the forums back in 04 and to see where it is now is just awful. The main issue is that a lot of people aren't active anymore. Older members usually just stick to the same 3-4 threads or disappear all together. New post are just redundant and have no depth. I remember when the DMV thread would have like 20 new pages a day, I check once every now and then and its on the 5th page of the forum.

The update to the marketplace was an improvement though. A lot easier to find sneakers, and they're usually at a really great price.

ISS really wanted to be more of a content provider if anything.

Last edited:
142a691.jpg

Was this picture taken for comedic purposes? Serious question.

Last edited:
**thinks to self**

When that happens, then their users will more than likely migrate to NT to take advantage of our free B/S forum.

If this happens, Niketalk will then likely become the new home and repository for this, largely, immature and irritating bunch.

Damn, Niketalk is gonna be straight up wack if this happens.

But wait a minute...we still have a secret weapon to deter potentially problematic users/abusers: the all powerful WAIT-PERIOD.

Yesss...with the wait-period, Meth god can filter the scummy users from the good ones, thus protecting the sanctity of the Niketalk we know and love.

Ahhh the good ol' wait-period, so glad we have it...

Yeahhhh we're all definitely doomed...

The wait period and essay to join is the only solution, believe it or not the main reasons ALOT of ISSers stayed ISSers and not NTers was 1 the process to join NT, 2 the black and red format of NT :lol:

The wait period was a great tool against trolls, Meth needs to look into this.

ill tell ya one thing iss/sc got right was the MP...it seems all the young sneakerheads aged 11-18 start out there then gradually migrate to NT when theyre tired of ********.

Have you looked at the JB forum and the Lebron X thread? Complex will definitely look to drive up their revenues and you can bet that those kids will be flocking to NT.

Mostly General and occasional Sports for me, but yeah, there are the few trolls and stupid posters in those shoe threads. Still, our maturity level and quality of posts are definitely > SC's

Complex is awful, as is sole collectors forums. They have some cool articles but that forum is :x

Damn, how did I miss that exchange, wasn't even exploring anything other than JB/retro RD and pics at the time on this site. Good times passed my face and I ain't eem know it :smh:

You should hang out with him, he can afford $2000 weekends with you
This statement right here is why ISS has the upper hand on Niketalk as far as retention rate is concerned. Cracking jokes is one thing, but too often I'm sure users feel like they can't voice an opinion without being nailed to the cross for it.

Although Niketalk DOES have some very helpful and informative users it also has some terrible personalities. 

Like haters on levels of Super Sayan 5.

What's wrong with making money? You're willing to shell over hundreds sometimes THOUSANDS to large corporations to quench your thirst for certain sneakers. Why hate someone for providing a platform in turn for monetary gain? Time is money. 

Complex was just as trash as ISS :lol: so this like piling trash on top of trash now.

...and the nerve of Complex to make 'Most influential NTer' list.... :rofl: :rofl:

This statement right here is why ISS has the upper hand on Niketalk as far as retention rate is concerned. Cracking jokes is one thing, but too often I'm sure users feel like they can't voice an opinion without being nailed to the cross for it.

Although Niketalk DOES have some very helpful and informative users it also has some terrible personalities. 

Like haters on levels of Super Sayan 5.

What's wrong with making money? You're willing to shell over hundreds sometimes THOUSANDS to large corporations to quench your thirst for certain sneakers. Why hate someone for providing a platform in turn for monetary gain? Time is money. 

Lol retention rate? Is it a college? no one is keeping you here

I was just "rustlin your jimmies"

Back
Top Bottom