COMPLEX ACQUIRES SOLE COLLECTOR

This statement right here is why ISS has the upper hand on Niketalk as far as retention rate is concerned. Cracking jokes is one thing, but too often I'm sure users feel like they can't voice an opinion without being nailed to the cross for it.

You do know that ISS fabricates their user's numbers, right?

And for the record, ISS has NEVER had the upper hand on NT. Ever.

You do know that ISS fabricates their user's numbers, right?
I'm fully aware of ISS using a poorly hidden and out dated script that multiplies the number of users on-line exponential by the actual organic visitors.

But I'm pretty sure once it is acquired by Complex Aleksey Baksheyev will fix that. 

Last edited:
142a691.jpg

I guess ******g over people will allow you to purchase suge knights old 90s clothing

iss was always crap because most of the beginning members over there were banned niketalk members, junior high schoolers, outcast, and rejects of niketalk.

niketalk has a lot of garbage members but atleast the good outweigh the bad and our creators will never hand our community off like some broad at an orgy...

Last edited:
unless I'm being naïve by ignoring the "big picture implications", I'm Mehhh over this.

Doesn't effect the lulz, new famb, info and lulz that I'll continue to enjoy here on NT. I'll let them cook..... but in case we have to collectively Nas Ski Mask GIF anyone, I'll wait for the bat signal.

View media item 313650

You should hang out with him, he can afford $2000 weekends with you

This statement right here is why ISS has the upper hand on Niketalk as far as retention rate is concerned. Cracking jokes is one thing, but too often I'm sure users feel like they can't voice an opinion without being nailed to the cross for it.

Although Niketalk DOES have some very helpful and informative users it also has some terrible personalities. 

Like haters on levels of Super Sayan 5.

What's wrong with making money? You're willing to shell over hundreds sometimes THOUSANDS to large corporations to quench your thirst for certain sneakers. Why hate someone for providing a platform in turn for monetary gain? Time is money. 

You could always go back to I$$. #justsayin

I have yet to see a company reach a higher monetary value after being acquired by Complex. But then again that's not the aim of CMN, their goal is to create interest based advertising in niche markets.These websites pretty much sustained selling themselves by being ORGANIC. 

Complex creates a symbiotic relationship with these niche markets by claiming to offer a bigger network and more visits ..sadly these website's Alexia ranking barely changes. Moreover Complex doesn't have enough accounts to meet advertising demands.

Complex is like the "Burlington Coat Factory" of the advertising world, it can be GOOD or BAD depending on how you look at it. Good in a sense that it knows its demographic therefore it can offer up numbers that advertisers are content with. BAD in the sense its advertising to the Hip-Hop / Skater / Urban demographic which means it can only have so much reach. Most the time the people in this demographic are frugal spenders and look to own luxury brands that aren't clients of Complex.

The proof is in the site's comment sections or forums who loose  lose their appeal after being acquired. 

Planet Xbox 360?

Last edited:
Looking at this as a sneaker lover for 20+ years I think this is huge news. Is this the start of the bigger company's starting to try and cash in on this hobby? For the most part this hobby has managed to stay somewhat independent until recently. Sole Collector was probably the biggest name in the hobby and now they are owned and run by outsiders. 

Curious to see what's next.

What does that matter? He's saying he doesn't care about this news.
Which means he's media illiterate because if everyone is on this NT vs ISS bandwagon he's handing them NT's credibility of having a faithful user-base. 

This acquisition can hurt Niketalk in more ways than one. If I was Meth I'd definitely consider getting up under the Nike umbrella EXCLUSIVELY while retaining creative rights and control to the Niketalk community...it would look good on a resume as well.

There's MILLIONS that could be made. MILLIONS and I'm sure SOLE COLLECTOR didn't see seven-figures...barely five.

Last edited:
Which means he's media illiterate because if everyone is on this NT vs ISS bandwagon he's handing them NT's credibility of having a faithful user-base. 
This acquisition can hurt Niketalk in more ways than one. If I was Meth I'd definitely consider getting up under the Nike umbrella EXCLUSIVELY while retaining creative rights and control to the Niketalk community...it would look good on a resume as well.

There's MILLIONS that could be made. MILLIONS and I'm sure SOLE COLLECTOR didn't see seven-figures...barely five.

Why don't you take your views to that superior site, NT will survive

Why don't you take your views to that superior site, NT will survive
I didn't say NT wouldn't, and why you so mad anyway? Why are you so defensive? Great things are accomplished when people are willing to see all other perspectives beside their own.

Last edited:
This bothers me none.

Im on NT for the people

NT wdywt > sole collector
General forum > complex

I grew up on here.

Resellers > sneakerheads in da sneaker game
More the reason for Niketalk to ramp up their capabilities. Sneaker apps, store locators, and reseller alerts. Complex will definitely exploit this opportunity, .PlanetXbox360 is USELESS now and has NO user interaction.

Niketalk would be smart to offer an alternative to all those disgruntled users who are gonna be homeless during this transition. Those numbers would look good to any investor or developer who doesn't have a large number of users for case-control studies. 

Once Complex figures out this is their problem when acquiring these smaller sites they will be on their way to making Google take notice, considering ecko enterprises is already a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

Niketalk app that takes advantage of PayPal, Google, Bing or Foursquare API 
nthat.gif

More the reason for Niketalk to ramp up their capabilities. Sneaker apps, store locators, and reseller alerts. Complex will definitely exploit this opportunity, .PlanetXbox360 is USELESS now and has NO user interaction.

Niketalk would be smart to offer an alternative to all those disgruntled users who are gonna be homeless during this transition. Those numbers would look good to any investor or developer who doesn't have a large number of users for case-control studies. 

Once Complex figures out this is their problem when acquiring these smaller sites they will be on their way to making Google take notice, considering ecko enterprises is already a multi-billion dollar enterprise.

Niketalk app that takes advantage of PayPal, Google, Bing or Foursquare API :nthat:

That's not what NT is though

You're trying to turn it into a business

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom