"Cough Drop" Foamposite APPRECIATION

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

"Cough Drops" are appreciated I just wish the color of the translucent sole was a bit darker.
?

thats da 2nd reason they're weak...first is obviously da mold...

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

"Cough Drops" are appreciated I just wish the color of the translucent sole was a bit darker.
?

thats da 2nd reason they're weak...first is obviously da mold...

Im not impressed with these at all......but they do make me appreciate the solid red bottom's more....nothing stands out on these IMO ! I was hoping they would grow on me because I love black and red...

Im not impressed with these at all......but they do make me appreciate the solid red bottom's more....nothing stands out on these IMO ! I was hoping they would grow on me because I love black and red...

I agree the mold is a bit of a problem, or more specifically the quality of its assembly. I had to inspect several pairs of these to find a pair I deemed acceptable. I saw quite a few pairs that either had mold irregularities, glue stains, or stitching errors, or a combination of the three. However, I'm getting the impression this is going to be the case with Foams from here on out. I know a lot of people have been running into the same issues with the '11 Royals, which is really unfortunate.

This being said, I'm really happy with the "good" pair I found. They're still not up to the level of quality of earlier Foams, but that's more or less getting into the Taiwan vs. China issue, as well as the simple fact that Nike is cranking out more Foamposites at a much faster rate in order to keep up with demand (or milk their popularity for all it's worth, depending on how you look at it).

To me they're still a great colorway, and as richiecotite said, I too have a feeling these will become more sought after a few years from now. Because they're sitting and the prices are going down, it's more likely these shoes will be bought by people with no interest in their heritage and no desire to keep them in DS or NDS condition. In the end, in a few short years, a clean pair of black/red Foams may be among the hardest to get a hand on.

I agree the mold is a bit of a problem, or more specifically the quality of its assembly. I had to inspect several pairs of these to find a pair I deemed acceptable. I saw quite a few pairs that either had mold irregularities, glue stains, or stitching errors, or a combination of the three. However, I'm getting the impression this is going to be the case with Foams from here on out. I know a lot of people have been running into the same issues with the '11 Royals, which is really unfortunate.

This being said, I'm really happy with the "good" pair I found. They're still not up to the level of quality of earlier Foams, but that's more or less getting into the Taiwan vs. China issue, as well as the simple fact that Nike is cranking out more Foamposites at a much faster rate in order to keep up with demand (or milk their popularity for all it's worth, depending on how you look at it).

To me they're still a great colorway, and as richiecotite said, I too have a feeling these will become more sought after a few years from now. Because they're sitting and the prices are going down, it's more likely these shoes will be bought by people with no interest in their heritage and no desire to keep them in DS or NDS condition. In the end, in a few short years, a clean pair of black/red Foams may be among the hardest to get a hand on.

^^and the solid soles will be even harder to find because those that got 'em won't let 'em go cause they will still look relatively the same, especially if just worn casually.

just like the red and blue pros are selling for $300 used 
tired.gif

^^and the solid soles will be even harder to find because those that got 'em won't let 'em go cause they will still look relatively the same, especially if just worn casually.

just like the red and blue pros are selling for $300 used 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Beasly151

The cough drops are ok. im thinking about copping when they go down some more. them solid red ones went for under 100 in the DMV.
everything must move slow in da DMV...dem joints evaporated as soon as they got to 150-160

Yeah if its not a popular color it will sit for a minute like those Carolina Pros i think the lowest i seen  them for was 79.99

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Beasly151

The cough drops are ok. im thinking about copping when they go down some more. them solid red ones went for under 100 in the DMV.
everything must move slow in da DMV...dem joints evaporated as soon as they got to 150-160

Yeah if its not a popular color it will sit for a minute like those Carolina Pros i think the lowest i seen  them for was 79.99

I'm a fan of these ...Trans > Solid all day. Just waitin for these to hit $120 on NDC like the pearls did and i'm all over em.

I'm a fan of these ...Trans > Solid all day. Just waitin for these to hit $120 on NDC like the pearls did and i'm all over em.

yeah, i don't appreciate these very much anymore. especially since they re-released. '07s > these EZ!

yeah, i don't appreciate these very much anymore. especially since they re-released. '07s > these EZ!

cranberrys are very nice. but the coughdrops will last longer and look better for 2 reasons.
1) no air bubble
2) no iced sole (which i find very appealing)

im getting tired of iced soles on everything 'posite. with the exceptions of flights offcourse.

Back
Top Bottom