Cyntoia Brown vol. Sex Slave Now Serving Life

So if her customer knew she was underage then I can understand people being ok with her killing him and being released now.

She should be free period, based on her history and the fact that she's served 15 years.

She should be free period, based on her history and the fact that she's served 15 years.

Eh, i’m guessing a large number of hookers come from abuse and other bad circumstances. Not all should be released from murder charges.

How could you possibly know this?

Common sense. No one is going to arm someone that they are oppressing.

So because she was abused she should be allowed to get away with murder? People need to be held accountable for their actions. She left out into the public with a loaded gun and ended up murdering a man.

Eh, i’m guessing a large number of hookers come from abuse and other bad circumstances. Not all should be released from murder charges.

She had fetal alcohol syndrome, was given up for adoption, bounced around foster care, was a runaway, and FORCED into prostitution by an older man named "Cutthroat" who abused her and strung her out on drugs.

Are you saying she shouldn't be granted clemency but instead have her sentence commuted or she should be pardoned? I guess I could be more on board with that. She's already done enough time.

So because she was abused she should be allowed to get away with murder? People need to be held accountable for their actions. She left out into the public with a loaded gun and ended up murdering a man.

She was held accountable. She's been in the pen for 15 years.

Social media didn't get her out of jail. Activist being up the governor's *** at every turn got her out. Plus Bill Haslam is leaving office, and his political career appears over (or maybe not with Lamar Alexander retiring, who knows), so he was open to it.

Given what she did, I understand she needed to be punished. She should not have been put on trial as an adult given her age and the circumstances surrounding her life.

She deserved mercy, I'm happy she got some.

So she would be outta jail if Rihanna and all these other celebs didn’t raise awareness thru their different social media accounts? No *****, she wouldn’t have had a chance. I haven’t seen none of this **** on the news until yesterday, everything before that was strictly social media. That’s where 90% of ppl living outside of Tennessee heard it first.

So she would be outta jail if Rihanna and all these other celebs didn’t raise awareness thru their different social media accounts? No *****, she wouldn’t have had a chance. I haven’t seen none of this **** on the news until yesterday, everything before that was strictly social media. That’s where 90% of ppl living outside of Tennessee heard it first.
The out going governor of Tennessee don't give a **** about Rihanna or Kim K's opinion.

Activist been running up on dude about this for a while. He previously said he was considering it a few weeks ago after activist pressed him at an event.

Social media got it attention, but it is not what got her out.

Everyone is so sympathetic to a female who got in prostitution at an early age, but not when it comes to these male gang bangers and drug dealers who are also brainwashed at an early age.

Sounds to me like a robbery gone wrong. Came out with only $172.

Is your claim that “not all should be released from murder charges” something you’re guessing as well?

Everyone is so sympathetic to a female who got in prostitution at an early age, but not when it comes to these male gang bangers and drug dealers who are also brainwashed at an early age.

Sounds to me like a robbery gone wrong. Came out with only $172.

Son calling himself a supreme being but can’t recognize how faulty it is to suggest that no one has sympathy for male gang bangers who are brainwashed at an early age.

This is no better than people shouting all lives matter at a black lives matter protest. Mf’s are so blind to nuance that support for one thing means it’s impossible to support another cause.

What if a teenage boy was abused by his parents ran away to join a gang and the gang ends up deciding the only work he can put in is selling his cheeks on the streets. The boy tries to impress the gang and decides one day to rob a trick instead of giving up cheeks and ends up catching a body. He would be tried as an adult and so would anyone else he dealt with. They would all be doing life.

What if a teenage boy was abused by his parents ran away to join a gang and the gang ends up deciding the only work he can put in is selling his cheeks on the streets. The boy tries to impress the gang and decides one day to rob a trick instead of giving up cheeks and ends up catching a body. He would be tried as an adult and so would anyone else he dealt with. They would all be doing life.

What's your question?

An abused teenage runaway doesn't have the cognitive function typical of normal child. That's why they often are (and should be) adjudicated accordingly.

Which is also why:

In June 2012, the United States Supreme Court ruled 5-4 in Miller v. Alabama that it is unconstitutional to sentence a juvenile ~ someone who was under the age of 18 at the time the crime was committed ~ to a mandatory life without parole sentence.

And that doesn't even take into consideration aggravating circumstances like neglect and abuse.

Do you dudes peddling this "what about the boys" argument even know that part of the argument to get her out was a bunch of Supreme Court rulings regarding cruel and unusual punishment of juveniles.

Most of the cases regarding this issue dealt with male offenders.

Activists and civil rights leaders are not ignoring young boys. Hell most of the work seems to be focused on boys. Listen to Bryan Stevenson speak about many of his cases, they deal with boys and men.

This is really the hot take you dudes want to push, at this moment. Sheesh, some dudes on NT always feel the need to vent about women.

Good move for the Governor. Her age, alone, was sufficient for the clemency in my opinion.

Would be interested in learning how many of the dudes in here, particularly the ones tombout their guesses as to who should be granted clemency/who’s suffering worse at the behest of the criminal justice system between men and women/who’s more deserving of a life sentence/etc., are familiar with the clemency rates relative to male and female convicts, their local state’s Innocence Projects, etc.

All that “what if” talk is bs.

An abused teenage runaway doesn't have the cognitive function typical of normal child. That's why they often are (and should be) adjudicated accordingly.

It's an excuse. People are trying to give R Kelly the same excuse and justify his actions because he was sexually abused as a child. At the age of 16 a person knows that murder is wrong. It don't matter if they were abused or none of that. Nothing magically happens in 2 years where people just grow up at 18. Someone 18 does just as much dumb stuff as someone younger.

It's an excuse. People are trying to give R Kelly the same excuse and justify his actions because he was sexually abused as a child. At the age of 16 a person knows that murder is wrong. It don't matter if they were abused or none of that. Nothing magically happens in 2 years where people just grow up at 18. Someone 18 does just as much dumb stuff as someone younger.

Developmental psychology disagrees with you.

Developmental psychology disagrees with you.

I don't care about all that. If a 16 year old kid smoked your mom you would want him prosecuted as an adult. You would want worse than that most likely. Murder is serious. And hers is clearly premeditated. She didn't hit someone driving. She shot a man in the back of the head while he was sleeping.

Back
Top Bottom