Dallas Mavericks Off-Season Thread: Welcome Dominique Jones.

sick.gif
Who allowed this to happen.

sick.gif
Who allowed this to happen part two.

smh.gif

I'm at work two days in a row and we drop two straight.

smh.gif

Is this a joke?

Dampier's in 31 minutes: +7
Gooden's in 16 minutes: -9

TT -16?
Barea -9 too?

JET starting?
smh.gif

Looks like we didn't have anything from our bench tonight, thus we lost. Throw Hump out there Rick for Christ's sake.

On a good note, at least we're defending well, 14 blocks, 8 between Dirk/Damp, that's great stuff.

We better not lose the rest of December..
smh.gif

Fun fact: Dirk was +3 tonight, and played all but 4 minutes. What's that mean? In the only four minutes that Dirk didn't play, the Mavs were -8.

smh.gif

Cuban being put through a table by Shaemus.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Marion, Gooden, TT, and Singleton coming to the rescue,
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Shaemus don't want it!

Is Dampier injured today? He's only played 6 minutes against the Suns, and it's the 4th quarter. Not in foul trouble either.

Another horrible effort closing out a game. This team really strikes no fear into any team in the final 2 minutes because they know they are always in it
smh.gif

And Shaq probably makes more clutch free throws than Jason Terry

Always a good game between these 2 teams. But a similar ending result.

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Another horrible effort closing out a game. This team really strikes no fear into any team in the final 2 minutes because they know they are always in it
smh.gif

SMH at the truth in this statement.

Originally Posted by NapalmBomb of NT

Is Dampier injured today? He's only played 6 minutes against the Suns, and it's the 4th quarter. Not in foul trouble either.

Bad matchup for him

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

smh.gif

Well he iced (I don't know about iced, but they went in dammit!
laugh.gif
) four free throws before that, missed one, and really didn't havetoo much of a choice but to brick the second one.

But yeah you're pretty much right. Each time he went to the line I was biting my nails.

Yeah we closed out badly, but hey we got the W, that I'm happy of. We could have lost the game. Really it was our perimeter D... I couldn't beleivethat Josh got subbed out late for JJ Barea.. Like that was going to do anything for crying out loud...
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I literally almost blew my head off...

But, we got the W, now lets go beat our nemesis.
pimp.gif

Peep the title.
pimp.gif

Josh played great. He didn't look hobbled, he played great defense, he was aggressive on the offensive end and he was efficient. I don't know ifhe's hobbling or not, but from what I saw, he looked fresh. He looked like he hadn't lost a step. Plus him and Marion on the floor together seemed towork VERY well on defense. Him, Kidd, Terry, Marion, and Dirk is a line-up I really want to see. Terry is the only liability on defense as long as Dirk ismatched-up with a non-superstar PF not named Tim Duncan (we're all fine with TD, don't lie to yourselves thinking Dirk can't match-up with TD).Then on offense, we have so many options, although Marion is still hobbling around the court, I hope he either shrugs it off soon or sits for a bit, because Iknow he's not playing to his full potential, I can tell he's still hurt. I appreciate the effort he gives every night. Say what you will about his lowstats, I love those low stats. He's shooting just a notch below 50%, he's grabbing lots of boards, he's playing defense, and he's grabbing aton of offensive boards (only 18 players have more than he does per game). I mean other than not being as dangerous of an offensive weapon as he used to be (beit from injury or just getting older), he's living up to his contract IMO. He's still missing a ton of gimme's around the basket, and I hopethat's just a transition with playing with Kidd after not being in an up-tempo system for a while, but we're winning (despite our recent slump).

I mean last year we started 13-10, and right now we're 15-7, and our schedule has been rough. LOTS of road games, LOTS of double-headers..

I'm optimistic because we've had a TON of injuries early on.

22 games in, we've had..

Josh miss 18 games, Dampier miss 8 games, Ross missed 9 games, Tim Thomas miss about 10-12 games, Drew missed a few, Marion missed a few.

I mean Josh is a starter, no doubt. Dampier is our starting center, and Marion is our starting forward along Dirk.

That's about 30 combined starting spots that went to other guys because we've had injuries. For where we are health wise, 15-7 is a great place to be,even though we've had mishaps at GSW, ATL which we could have had if we would have hit some damn buckets, and New Orleans if Dirk would haven't gottenticky-tacks...

With all those close losses, we're STILL 3rd in the West right now. We're getting healthy, and if tonight is any indication EVEN IF we did blow a lead,we still got the W, which is what we've been doing a lot of recently.

We're doing JUST FINE in comparison to the rest of the West, all the heavy hitters in the West are either struggling or have had bad losses (minus theLakers, who we beat.
nerd.gif
).

Phoenix is doing very well, but they had a VERY easy schedule to begin with, and they're starting to pile up L's. Utah is surging back up afterstarting VERY poorly. Portland is getting hit with injuries. Houston is Houston. San Antonio is struggling as all hell. New Orleans is trying to get back ontrack after starting slow and having Paul get hurt. Denver has had hiccups against CHA, Minny, LAC, and MIL. Every team has hiccups against teams they knowthey're better than. It happens.

I'm VERY comfortable with where we're at. Start to cut down Dirk's minutes. Get Dampier, Howard, and Marion healthy. Let the minutes flow in forguys like Humph, Ross, Thomas, and Gooden as back-ups (and Roddy too goddamit Rick!), and just keep our fingers crossed about the rest of our guys.

Go mavs.
pimp.gif

Ex-con/ex-referee Tim Donaghy confirmed what folks in Dallas have long suspected: NBA executives and officials are biased against Mavericks owner Mark Cuban.

Donaghy, who made an appearance on ESPN 103.3's Galloway and Co. to promote his book "Personal Foul," said that bias cost the Mavericks games andplayed a significant role in their collapse after taking a 2-0 lead in the 2006 Finals.

"I think there was numerous games," Donaghy said. "Obviously Mark was very outspoken in regard to the referees. Referees have personal vendettasthat they take out on certain players, coaches and owners. Mark was certainly one of those people."

Donaghy claimed that Danny Crawford bragged that the Mavericks rarely won playoff games that he officiated, information Donaghy used to place bets against theMavs. The Mavs have lost 15 of their last 16 playoffs game that Crawford worked.

If Donaghy can be believed, there were two major officiating factors in the controversial Finals collapse that was fueled by Dwyane Wade free throws. He saidreferees are trained to favor teams that are down in playoff series. And then there's the anti-Cuban bias.

"It had been told to me behind the scenes that they were actually happy in the NBA office when Dallas was knocked out from the playoffs," Donaghysaid, "because it was less complaints from Mark, it was less e-mails from Mark and it was less work that they had to do."

Of course, Cuban surely fired off a few e-mails after the Finals.

Speaking of Cuban's e-mail, we're awaiting a reply from him regarding Donaghy's comments.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmaver...ias?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Dirk!!! Glad to see you guys pulled it out and the refs didn't get away with those ft's they gave CHA down the stretch.

Mavs with the ugly win tonight, but I will take it. Dirk hitting 2 CLUTCH shots!!

Back
Top Bottom