superman prime is just too powerful
smh.gif

dude be killing green lanterns left and right

is this arc over? kinda wanna see who offs (beats)him
nerd.gif

had to edit...just incase klips wanted to say something
tongue.gif
wink.gif
Read up on "The Sinestro Corps" story arc. Its part of the Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps (crossover), which leads into the Legion of Three Worlds. As far as I'm concerned, ain't nobody going to beat Superboy Prime.

really?... not even batman or superman? batman with his entire knowledge of the universe(and beyond)
eyes.gif
and superman even with his indestructableness(yes... i said that) powers?....prime is a bad guy right?.....they're gonna let the bad guy win?
also.....what is superboy prime? isn't he just another superman from a different dimension? what makes him so better than everyone else every other superman?

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

smh.gif

nerd.gif

tongue.gif
wink.gif
Read up on "The Sinestro Corps" story arc. Its part of the Green Lantern/Green Lantern Corps (crossover), which leads into the Legion of Three Worlds. As far as I'm concerned, ain't nobody going to beat Superboy Prime.

really?... not even batman or superman? batman with his entire knowledge of the universe(and beyond)
eyes.gif
and superman even with his indestructableness(yes... i said that) powers? ....prime is a bad guy right?.....they're gonna let the bad guy win?
also.....what is superboy prime? isn't he just another superman from a different dimension? what makes him so better than everyone else every other superman?
Different universes, different situations. He isn't weak against kryptonite for one due to what happened to his planet as opposed to theothers. And he has the will to kill.

He's shook when flash comes around tho.
laugh.gif

That's what makes DC stories > Marvel IMO. They find different ways to use existing characters.

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

smh.gif

nerd.gif

tongue.gif
wink.gif

eyes.gif
and superman even with his indestructableness(yes... i said that) powers? ....prime is a bad guy right?.....they're gonna let the bad guy win?
Different universes, different situations. He isn't weak against kryptonite for one due to what happened to his planet as opposed to the others. And he has the will to kill.

He's shook when flash comes around tho.
laugh.gif

That's what makes DC stories > Marvel IMO. They find different ways to use existing characters.
Prime is just an angst irresponsible and immature teenager with the addition of superman-like powers. On top of that, he has no preserves anddoesn't give a flying poop about anybody. He will kill, word to the original Superboy.

163851758_f3be32465b_b.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Batman-Long Halloween
Batman-Dark Victory
Batman- Death In the Family
Batman-Year One
The Killing Joke
All Star Superman Vo1. and Vol. 2

Batman- No Man's Land

I would even go on a stretch and say that the Batwoman arc starting up in June in detective Comics might turn a few heads. Kathy Kane is gonna be a prominantcharacter in comics that happens to be Lesbian... And also Batgirl is coming back as well...Rumor has it that its gonna be either the girl that was originallySpoiler, or maybe even BARBARA GORDON...that would RULE ALL....

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

Originally Posted by DakMode

AJ23ToKB24 wrote:

DakMode wrote:

AJ23ToKB24 wrote:

Easy choice: DC

Superman can single handedly beat ALL heroes and villains of Marvel.

Heck, even Batman who is the super genius of all the superheroes can beat all the members of
Marvel

/thread

u extra trippin

I ain't trippin, you heard me kid.

sorry dude, dont get ur super panties in a twist
dude is trippin

superman is NOT seeing everyone

batman alone can pull out that kryptonite tipped box of bullets
load up that all lead 45.
and unload a kryptonite clip in supermans head
and its over

and im a marvel fan. so i can easily say the same for the punisher. or pretty much anyone with a brain whos not too shook to put a bullet in someone

and with all these people saying the dc storylines are better
fill me in on one story other than the watchman thats really that serious??

Batman won't use a gun, though.

I think Marvel and DC took a huge L when they lost Michael Turner (RIP) he was such a great artist/penciller...loved his work on the variant cover artwork onCivil War; and on Superman/Batman
pimp.gif

also got to give it up to Steve McNivin he's also one of the best artists Marvel has.
And last but definitely not the least... i think hands down JIM LEE is one of DC's best artist.......he does the BEST Batman.(he also did a few marvelcovers....but his true [imo]calling is on Batman)
smokin.gif

also, forgot one other
indifferent.gif
.....Todd Mcfarlane
wink.gif
not sure if he does both but he definitely changed the game for Spiderman
pimp.gif

thanks to this thread, i bought 2 graphic novels today. Return of the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Strikes Again... Thats my gas money for the week
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Batman-Long Halloween
Batman-Dark Victory
Batman-Year One
The Killing Joke

Batman- No Man's Land

I would even go on a stretch and say that the Batwoman arc starting up in June in detective Comics might turn a few heads. Kathy Kane is gonna be a prominant character in comics that happens to be Lesbian... And also Batgirl is coming back as well...Rumor has it that its gonna be either the girl that was originally Spoiler, or maybe even BARBARA GORDON...that would RULE ALL....
Barbara Gordon coming back as Batgirl, are you serious? Her spine is out, isn't it? She is now the Oracle, so I doubt she'll becomeBatgirl again. We already have Cassandra Cain as the new Batgirl and she is already piff.

I think Marvel and DC took a huge L when they lost Michael Turner (RIP) he was such a great artist/penciller...loved his work on the variant cover artwork on Civil War; and on Superman/Batman
pimp.gif

also got to give it up to Steve McNivin he's also one of the best artists Marvel has.
And last but definitely not the least... i think hands down JIM LEE is one of DC's best artist.......he does the BEST Batman.(he also did a few marvel covers....but his true [imo]calling is on Batman)
smokin.gif

also, forgot one other
indifferent.gif
.....Todd Mcfarlane
wink.gif
pimp.gif
Michael Turner ain't seeing Todd McFarlane in his prime (late 80s, early 90s). He definitely changed the game on Spider-Man, and co-createdVenom. SMH @ Marvel not giving Todd any extra money for his extroadinary work behind Spider-Man. Thats why dude left with a lot of other brilliant artistsand formed Image Comics.

Todd introduced the excessive webbing around Spider-Man and the big huge eyes.
012.jpg

Originally Posted by TheSwoosh

Marvel will ALWAYS be better than DC. I cant believe this is even a question.

Maybe if you support your argument, then it would make more sense.

Also, I've always seen Superboy Prime as a view of how Superman would be if he didn't limit himself and didn't hold back (with a few exceptions ofcourse).

It would be close, but eventually, it would come down to:

Black Symbiote Spider-Man, the Beyonder, Galactus, the Watcher, Thanosand the Infinity Gauntlet, Sue and Reed Richards' son, the Heroes Return Scarlet Witch, Ultimate Iceman, Onslaught, and AoA Apocalypse

against

Watchmen's Dr. Manhattan, Ozymandias, and Rorschach, DKR Batman, Kingdom Come Superman, the Killing Joke Joker, TDKmovie Joker, the original Ra's Al Ghul, Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, Brian Azzarello's Hellblazer, and Garth Ennis' Saint ofKillers.

Originally Posted by 360wavesandxbox

Batman-Long Halloween
Batman-Dark Victory
Batman-Year One
The Killing Joke

Batman- No Man's Land

I would even go on a stretch and say that the Batwoman arc starting up in June in detective Comics might turn a few heads. Kathy Kane is gonna be a prominant character in comics that happens to be Lesbian... And also Batgirl is coming back as well...Rumor has it that its gonna be either the girl that was originally Spoiler, or maybe even BARBARA GORDON...that would RULE ALL....
Barbara Gordon coming back as Batgirl, are you serious? Her spine is out, isn't it? She is now the Oracle, so I doubt she'll become Batgirl again. We already have Cassandra Cain as the new Batgirl and she is already piff.

I think Marvel and DC took a huge L when they lost Michael Turner (RIP) he was such a great artist/penciller...loved his work on the variant cover artwork on Civil War; and on Superman/Batman
pimp.gif

And last but definitely not the least... i think hands down JIM LEE is one of DC's best artist.......he does the BEST Batman.(he also did a few marvel covers....but his true [imo]calling is on Batman)
smokin.gif

also, forgot one other
indifferent.gif
.....Todd Mcfarlane
wink.gif
pimp.gif
Michael Turner ain't seeing Todd McFarlane in his prime (late 80s, early 90s). He definitely changed the game on Spider-Man, and co-created Venom. SMH @ Marvel not giving Todd any extra money for his extroadinary work behind Spider-Man. Thats why dude left with a lot of other brilliant artists and formed Image Comics.

Todd introduced the excessive webbing around Spider-Man and the big huge eyes.
012.jpg
dude...seriously?... i am not trying to turn this into mcfarlane vs. turner here. I'm just trying to give them both props
wink.gif

also i do agree with klips here... i thought barbara was done being the whole batgirl thing after being shot... Source
nerd.gif

Spidermachine916, you should see Jim Lee's artwork for X-Men in the early 90s. It was bad %!#, word to Todd.

x-men_1image_big.jpg

You last two gentleman made amazing observations. I honestly have a soft spot for Turner's work on all the Fathom series, though. Stuff was absolutelybeautiful to see, kind of like Hellspawn when they had the rotating art teams.

I sometimes miss Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, but with the current continuity it makes her even more important for her role to be the Oracle.

Marvel vs. DC, while it had an amazing premise, becoming more of a ham 'beat them all up' type of affair. There could been so many great seriesspurned from the genesis of the first book.

yeah.....
ohwell.gif
forgot he also did fable and witch blade those arepiff
pimp.gif

c'mon klips...........jim lee can't be good at everything he does....pretty sure there are some bad onesturner have done.....although don't want to say anything ill about turner...so i stop here with THIS
also i did mention he did do a few marvel stuff here and there... but i still think his true calling is Batman

Spidermachine916, you should see Jim Lee's artwork for X-Men in the early 90s. It was bad %!#, word to Todd.

x-men_1image_big.jpg

also.......what's wrong with this? this is the exact x men i grew up with and loved...there is nothing wrong with this; great attention to detail... andvibrant colors
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Jim Lee's early work with Marvel= typical 90's garbage.

Originally Posted by dako akong otin

thanks to this thread, i bought 2 graphic novels today. Return of the Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Strikes Again... Thats my gas money for the week
grin.gif

Should have picked up some Green Lantern stuff instead.

If were talking about comics, it goes back and fourth. Marvel has it's good years and it has it's horrible years. Same goes for DC.

If were talking about characters, i think it's pretty much dead even, since the majority of popular characters we created by the same writers/artist forboth DC and Marvel. Which in turn made of lot of Marvel's characters base on DC characters.

Right now though DC is kicking Marvel's @@+.

Originally Posted by xxhu5sl1npnoyxx

marvel chicks > dc chicks
really?

Bruce can stand among Gods and make them feel inadequate .

Klips, have you seen the you tube video of Jim Lee's work he did on the door of some comic shop? it is Dope! I would put it up, but I'm at work & Ican't access you tube
eyes.gif

Like I said in one of my other posts in this thread, I love McFarlane's work, espec his Venom & Doc Oc...
pimp.gif

But being an (aspiring) comic book artist myself, my all time fave has to be Alex Ross. seriously, that guy can't be touched, I sometimes just flickthrough "Justice" & I just start drooling!
laugh.gif

...oh, & can't forget Bolland's work on Killing Joke -pure piffery!

dako akong otin -Good to see you getting into the genre & goodchoice of novels ...you won't be dissapointed
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom