Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Vecsey reported on Sunday that New Orleans will sell their pick.
roll.gif

I dont' know what's funnier, the fact that it's being reported that their selling their pick, or the fact that it's Vesceyreporting this.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Knicks already tried buying the Grizzlies #27 (so i assume they're looking to do the same)

and I'm sure there will be MANY more for sale at the end of rnd 1 and round 2.
Yep... With so many teams hurting financially in this economy, and this being a weak class after the top couple, I think we'll see quite a fewpicks sold and/or traded off for picks down the road just so teams don't have to pick up the guaranteed $$$$$... And I hope like hell Cuban takes thisopportunity to buy up another pick or two and take shots at a couple of guys late in Round 1... They may never be stars, but even if you get young roleplayers, that's an opportunity this team can't afford to pass up, IMO... Say you go draft Jeff Teague and Sam Young... You're better off carryingthose guys than Shawne Williams, Jerry Stackhouse, Matt Carroll, or Gerald Green...

And on Memphis talking Tyreke... That back court would be SICK... Tyreke really made a fan of me down the stretch this season... Having two big slashers withattacking mentalities at the point and off guard...
pimp.gif
A real match upnightmare for teams throughout the league... Reke and Mayo both handle the ball well enough that they could make it work without a real PG on the floor, IMO...Just wonder if they'd be better off taking a big, even though this really isn't the year to do it... If you aren't taking Rubio, I don't thinkTyreke is so far behind Thabeet and Harden that it's too much a reach... Obviously finding somebody to trade down for Rubio (Sacramento or Washington?) andstaying in position to get Tyreke is the best route, but that's not always easy...

If you're convinced Rubio will stay true to his word and stay in Europe rather than play for Memphis, Tyreke at #2 in this draft isn't a real stretchto me... But maybe I'm in the minority on that...

Earl Clark sliding to 19? He's bugging. He'd fit right in with the Hawks tho. A team full of 6'9 athletic wings.

Tyreke Evans and O.J. Mayo sounds promising but those two (not to mention Rudy Gay) are going to need the ball in their hands to be effective.

I think it's a disaster waiting to happen. I'm not a fan of Hasheem Thabeet either at #2. I haven't watched Ricky Rubio so I don't have much ofan opinion about him. If I were the Grizzlies, I try and trade up for Blake Griffin (#2 + Gay?) or trade down for Earl Clark/additional assets.

Tyreke Evans and OJ Mayo in the backcourt together sounds like a disaster waiting to happen of Knicks 2006 Backcourt proportions.

KLJ and Japan you should see what Simmons wrote a week or two back. He threw out the idea of trading the farm to Houston since New Orleans since they're insave mode.
laugh.gif

I don't see the Thunder picking Harden like some of these mock drafts. They need Thabeet or Hill, they have enough perimeter scorers.

Damn, I can't wait to see the athletic testing results. T-Will will be one of the top 3 overall athletes in the draft and start moving up a little in themock drafts (I'm guessing).

/\ Why would the Thunder need Hill? He's the same size as Jeff Green and not as skilled so what purpose would he serve?

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

I don't see the Thunder picking Harden like some of these mock drafts. They need Thabeet or Hill
That would get their GM a pink slip

I think those situations would be perfect scenarios for the Kings (at least for the fourth pick). I question a pick of Chase Budinger... but oh well.

I like Marcus Thornton and he played really well this year...but why is he getting round 1 attention?

can't play PG, too small for a 2 guard....and still chucks.

guess that's just how weak this draft is.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

/\ Why would the Thunder need Hill? He's the same size as Jeff Green and not as skilled so what purpose would he serve?

Green plays more on the perimeter, Hill plays inside. They need a post-up threat. They need interior defense. They need a banger. Thabeet would be the betterchoice, but if they wanted a little more offense and toughness with the pick, they would go with Hill.

Originally Posted by pkballr

I think those situations would be perfect scenarios for the Kings (at least for the fourth pick). I question a pick of Chase Budinger... but oh well.
I <3 Chase.
He'd be great with the kings. Replace him with Garcia
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FoShizzle

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Green plays more on the perimeter, Hill plays inside. They need a post-up threat. They need interior defense. They need a banger. Thabeet would be the better choice, but if they wanted a little more offense and toughness with the pick, they would go with Hill.
There is nothing Hill is capable of doing inside that Green isn't. Green was actually one of the best defenders in the league last season atthe PF spot also.

nah Jeff was lockin everyone down at the 3 last year, when they bumped him to the 4 he struggled, which at his size is expected.

Im say it again and i have been saying it since last year, jeff green will be traded or become a 6th man on that team soon

If they want a 2 guard, they should trade down and take my man T-Will. Better passer than Harden (they have enough gunners), very atheltic to run the breakwith those youngsters, good defender (not sure how Harden's D is), does a little of everything. Would fit in perfectly as more of a role playing 2 guard.

Jeff will be an all-star within the near future. I used to hate dude but he really has a great wothic and is a perfect team player. He became a solid 3 pointshooter out of nowhere next year but he will never be able to really hold down the 4 full-time in the league. He is a 3 guard.

Here's a mock I did, I know there's some reaches
laugh.gif
grin.gif

1. Los Angeles Clippers - Blake Griffin...Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are a nice core to build around.
2. Memphis Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio...Rubio is going #2, whether he stays in Memphis or not is the real question.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet...James Harden could go here, but Thabeet is the anchor that OKC has been looking for.
4. Sacramento Kings - Tyreke Evans...A bit of a reach, but if things work out Evans could be Sacramento's PG of the future.
5. Washington Wizards - Jordan Hill...Harden could also go here, but the Wizards opt for the inside presence.
6. Minnesota T'Wolves - James Harden...At this point, they get a steal in Harden who compliments Randy Foye in the backcourt.
7. Golden State Warriors - Brandon Jennings...Can't see the Warriors drafting another front court player, so Jennings is the choice.
8. New York Knicks - Stephen Curry...Curry can shoot, has a high basketball IQ and the marketability. It doesn't hurt that he's friends with LeBronJames.
9. Toronto Raptors - Demar DeRozan...He's at least two seasons away from contributing, but his potential is too much to pass up. Gerald Henderson isanother possibility.
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Jonny Flynn...With Ramon Sessions hitting free agency, the Bucks take Flynn as their PG. DeJuan Blair is also an option.
11. New Jersey Nets - James Johnson...Versatile combo forward for the Nets to develop next to Brook Lopez and Yi Jianlian.
12. Charlotte Bobcats - Gerald Henderson...the Duke star gets selected to back up Raja Bell for a season before hopefully becoming a starter in 2010-2011.
13. Indiana Pacers - Earl Clark...Clark has the skills to be a star, it's just a question if Clark can stay focused and consistent.
14. Phoenix Suns - Jrue Holiday...Steve Nash is getting old and Goran Dragic hasn't panned out like Steve Kerr had hoped, so Holiday makes sense.
15. Detroit Pistons - Terrence Williams...The rebuilding Pistons can go in a different number of directions, but Williams is too good of an all around playerto pass up.
16. Chicago Bulls - BJ Mullens - A boom or bust pick by the Bulls.
17. Philadelphia 76ers - Eric Maynor...With Andre Miller headed into free agency and Lou Williams still having trouble running PG, Maynor is the way to go.
18. Minnesota T'Wolves - Ty Lawson...Lawson has some faults, but brings a winning mentality that Minnesota needs.
19. Atlanta Hawks - Jeff Teague...Teague isn't a pure PG, but he could fit in with Joe Johnson next to him in the back court.
20. Utah Jazz - Gani Lawal...Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap are headed into free agency, so the Jazz are going to need a big man.
21. New Orleans Hornets - Patty Mills...Expect this pick to be sold.
22. Dallas Mavericks - Chase Budinger...A potential steal for the Mavs if Budinger stops being a ({}).
23. Sacramento Kings - Austin Daye...He's soft and isn't ready, but has enormous potential.
24. Portland Trailblazers - Tyler Hansbrough...The Blazers need some toughness behind LaMarcus Aldridge at PF so Hansbrough is the choice.
25. Oklahoma City Thunder - Marcus Thornton...Possibly the Thunder's long term solution at SG.
26. Chicago Bulls - Wayne Ellington...Ellington's shooting should ease the pain for the Bulls if/when Ben Gordon leaves this summer.
27. Memphis Grizzlies - Sam Young...The Grizzlies add some toughness on the wing with Young, who should be able to contribute immediatley.
28. Minnesota T'Wolves - DaJuan Summers...Summers has a NBA body, athleticism and shooting but was inconsistent this past season.
29. Los Angeles Lakers - Taj Gibson...Lamar Odom is going to be a free agent this summer, so the Lakers need a back up PF just in case they don't re-signOdom.
30. Cleveland Cavaliers - Darren Collison...A safe pick for the Cavs. Expect Collison to be a steady, not so spectacular PG.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

roll.gif
I dont' know what's funnier, the fact that it's being reported that their selling their pick, or the fact that it's Vescey reporting this.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I can't stand Vescey. Dude is so bitter all the time.You know he hates the fact that he doesn't have a TV gig anymore.

Back
Top Bottom