Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Im say it again and i have been saying it since last year, jeff green will be traded or become a 6th man on that team soon
i would agree with this...
Uncle Jeff is a glue guy and he does a little bit of everything and was drafted to compliment KD's strengths.
The problem with this is that Jeff and KD will EVENTUALLY play the same position once KD fills out.

[table][tr][td]Chucky Atkins[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]5-11[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]South Florida[/td] [td]$3,240,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]Nick Collison[/td] [td]FC[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]6-10[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]Kansas[/td] [td]$6,350,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]35[/td] [td]Kevin Durant[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]215[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]$4,484,040[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22[/td] [td]Jeff Green[/td] [td]F[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]235[/td] [td]Georgetown[/td] [td]$3,287,640[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]Nenad Krstic[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]7-0[/td] [td]240[/td] [td] [/td] [td]$4,778,548[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]Shaun Livingston[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]185[/td] [td] [/td] [td]$854,957[/td] [/tr][tr][td]34[/td] [td]Desmond Mason[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]6-5[/td] [td]222[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [td]$5,300,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]Malik Rose[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]255[/td] [td]Drexel[/td] [td]$7,647,500[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]Thabo Sefolosha[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]6-7[/td] [td]215[/td] [td] [/td] [td]$1,931,160[/td] [/tr][tr][td]31[/td] [td]Robert Swift[/td] [td]C[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]7-1[/td] [td]270[/td] [td] [/td] [td]$3,579,131[/td] [/tr][tr][td]25[/td] [td]Earl Watson[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]6-1[/td] [td]185[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [td]$6,200,000[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]Kyle Weaver[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]201[/td] [td]Washington State[/td] [td]$806,452[/td] [/tr][tr][td]0[/td] [td]Russell Westbrook[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]UCLA[/td] [td]$3,493,680[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td].J. White[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]251[/td] [td]Indiana[/td] [td]$964,080[/td] [/tr][tr][td]21[/td] [td]Damien Wilkins[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]6-6[/td] [td]225[/td] [td]Georgia[/td] [td]$3,100,000[/td] [/tr][/table]
look at this roster and tell me that a trade of Jeff for a legit PF/C would not help this team more than what Jeff brings them?
dont get me wrong i love Jeffs game.

What they do at #3 may have a thousand different scenarios if they can't land Thabeet, and even if they do they still need a legit scoring PF cause youknow Thabeet aint doing that anytime soon.....should be interesting

EDIT: taking a closer look at the FA pool Booz(unres) and David Lee(rest.) are the only viable options at PF through free agency, and then again who the hellwants to go to OKC?

I think with huge defensive-minded guy like Thabeet at center, you could get away with Green playing the 4 spot... But if they don't get bigger and betterdefensively at that spot, it's gonna be tough to keep him there long term... Just profiles better at the small forward spot to me...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I think with huge defensive-minded guy like Thabeet at center, you could get away with Green playing the 4 spot... But if they don't get bigger and better defensively at that spot, it's gonna be tough to keep him there long term... Just profiles better at the small forward spot to me...

I don't know I kind of like them running small like that, but it's whatever.

there is no damn way the raptors are taking jrue $!#@ ing holiday
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

there is no damn way the raptors are taking jrue $!#@ ing holiday
laugh.gif
Apparently we are looking for a back up point with a late 20 pick but not with the lottery, maybe eirc maynor if the hornets want to sell.
nerd.gif

Like I have said if Tyreke, or Evans falls too us, I would be shocked if we didn't draft them.

Like I have said if Tyreke, or Evans falls too us, I would be shocked if we didn't draft them.

i believe tyreke and evans are the same guy.

i dont think jrue himself should be going anywhere even remotely before the late 20's.

if the raptors can grab themselves a 2nd selection that would be great. team needs some youth and fast.

CHICAGO -- While the point guards were the main attraction at the combine, there was plenty of other buzz:

• With draft day now less than a month away, a number of teams are looking to either get in the draft or grab another first-round pick.

The Knicks are trying to use their considerable wealth (a team can pay up to $3 million for a pick) to search for a seller. They have the eighth pick in the draft, but would like another pick. With the team trying to manage its cap, draft picks are a cheap source of labor. And with the economy turning sour for NBA teams, the Knicks might seize the opportunity.

The Rockets, who don't have a pick in the first round, are tying to get one.

The Pacers, who are picking 13th, also wouldn't mind one more pick and shouldn't have a hard time finding a taker. A number of teams don't seem too enthralled with this year's talent and are willing to sell for the right price. The Wizards have a high lottery pick they'd consider moving.

The Pistons at No. 15, the Hornets at No. 21 and the Blazers at No. 24 are also all willing to deal. And a few teams with multiple first-round picks -- the Thunder, Grizzlies and Bulls -- might be willing to sell, too.

19214.jpg

Daye​

• Gonzaga's Austin Daye continued to generate buzz -- both good and bad -- on the last day of the combine. He measured taller and longer than virtually any small forward prospect in the history of the draft. However, he also measured as the skinniest. Kevin Durant clocked in at 215 pounds at the combine two years ago. Daye? 191 pounds.

Daye's going to be one of the more difficult players to project. He has the skill set and height of a lottery pick, but his lack of strength and questionable motor are being heavily taken into account.

A number of teams in the late lottery to mid-first round -- including the Bobcats, Pacers, Suns and Pistons -- are all giving him a hard look right now.

19050.jpg

Clark​

• Daye's main competition might be Louisville's Earl Clark, who was also very impressive in drills. He measured out at a legit 6-foot-10 in shoes, has a huge 7-foot-2½ wingspan and weighs nearly 40 pounds more than Daye.

He definitely has the size to play the 4 in the NBA, and that could go a long way toward securing him a pick in the lottery.

While Clark isn't the shooter that Daye is, he is a better rebounder and athlete, and he's getting a pretty strong endorsement from his head coach Rick Pitino, who has told a number of GMs that Clark is a good kid and has limitless potential. He's just a follower. If he's in the right situation with good influences around him, he could be a player in the mold of Lamar Odom.

But if he's in the wrong situation with a bad mentor, it could spell disaster.

The Nets are giving Clark a long look at No. 11. The Bobcats and Suns are, too. I doubt he slips past the Pistons at No. 15.

18875.jpg

Hansbrough​

• Another player who really seems to have helped himself at the combine was UNC's Tyler Hansbrough. He has been knocked for being too short to play in the NBA, but he measured over 6-8 in socks, had a solid 6-foot-11 wingspan and a standing reach that was an inch taller than Blake Griffin's. While Hansbrough isn't the explosive athlete that Griffin is, he isn't terrible, either.

I hear the Bulls are looking at him as high as No. 16.

• Ohio State's B.J. Mullens continued to impress in drills, with a number of GMs comparing him to last year's second-round slider DeAndre Jordan.

Jordan, like Mullens, began the year as a projected top 10 pick, but his lack of playing time combined with criticism from his head coach caused his draft stock to plummet all the way into the second round on draft night.

Still, Jordan had a very solid rookie season with the Clippers, who believe he could be a Tyson Chandler-esque player in the league.

19269.jpg

Mullens​

Mullens' so-so play, along with some questions about his background and character, seem to be having the same effect on his draft stock. But a number of teams are now double-checking to make sure they don't let someone with his talent slip through their fingers. In a draft devoid of bigs, it's hard to imagine that Mullens, who stands 7-1 and is a very good athlete, slips as hard as Jordan did. However, his stock is very much up in the air.

"You watch him in the combine and it's pretty easy to fall in love," one GM said. "There are a lot of raw tools there to work with. But in the interview you get the sense that it's going to be a project. I think he's a good kid, but he's got issues to work through."

Mullens got pretty mixed reviews from his interview process, with one GM saying "He's better than you think," and another one saying "This kid doesn't get it, and I don't think he's going to get it."

19230.jpg

Blair​

• Pittsburgh's DeJuan Blair wowed a lot of people with his improved physique on the first day of camp. But one GM scolded Blair in the interviews for the way he was jogging up and down the floor the first day.

"It does you no good to lose all that weight and still play like you're fat," the GM told Blair.

Blair took the constructive criticism to heart and raced like a guard through the second day of workouts.

• Speaking of bigs, Arizona State's Jeff Pendergraph received quite a bit of love from GMs. He measured out at a solid 6-10 and 240 pounds and showed a solid offensive game in the drills.

A number of teams I spoke with said they thought he was a lock for the first round. He hasn't been in our first two mock drafts, but that might change Tuesday.

19121.jpg

Gibson​

• USC's Taj Gibson also got some buzz from the camp. Not only did he show a pretty polished inside-outside game, he had terrific measurements -- he was 6-10 in shoes and had a whopping 7-foot-4 wingspan and an impressive 9-foot-1 standing reach. With so few quality bigs in the draft, it's not impossible that Gibson finds his way into the first round as well.

• Finally, Miami's Jack McClinton wants a do-over in the measurements. He measured under 6 feet in socks and just a little under 6-1 in shoes, which were essentially the same measurements as Syracuse's Jonny Flynn. However, McClinton insisted to me that he's an inch taller than Flynn.

I think he's right. He went up to Flynn, they stood back-to-back and McClinton definitely looked taller. Either McClinton hunched in the measurement or Flynn stood on his tippy-toes.

austin daye is going to be a bust and i have no idea why there are so many teams even slighty enamoured with him.

191 lbs? gotta be kidding. that's 24 lbs less than the lightest sf before him.

and durrant use to at least mix it up on the block a little and go hard on the boards.

time has shown that generally really skinny players stay farely skinny and this kid is charmin staus despite being 6'10 with all that length.

and the thing is his skillset isnt really even polished enough to be a full time perimeter player. his athleticism and quickness arent up to par either.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

i believe tyreke and evans are the same guy.

i dont think jrue himself should be going anywhere even remotely before the late 20's.

if the raptors can grab themselves a 2nd selection that would be great. team needs some youth and fast.

whoops, I meant to say Demar Derozan....

he caught a ban for like a month and if the bulls make that pick he will catch another ban

I think 'Reke and OJ can DEFINITELY work as long as OJ is at the two and 'Reke at the one. 'Reke knows how to play w/ chuckers. Hell, he played w/at least 3 this year.

And as for the Jeff Green discussion, if KD fills out as expected, wouldn't you just move him to 4 and move Jeff to the 3 ? Or are y'all assuming thatKD is a 3 and will always play 3 even as he gets bigger and stronger?

i have always said green will go because he is a 3 and KD postion is a 3, KD will never fill out to be a PF and greens best fit is to have him guard SG or SFnot PF.

Evans, OJ and gay On the same team? that would NEVER work. Evans is not a NBA PG

With the Magic making the Finals with a Howard, Lewis and Turkoglu front court, maybe the OKC front office selects Thabeet. Thabeet can play the defensiveanchor that Howard plays, while Green and Durant play the roles of Lewis and Turkoglu. Not making exact comparisons (because obviously Howard > Thabeet andDurant/Green > Lewis/Turkoglu), just parallels to both teams.

Just something to think about.

I don't think Evans is a PG. He can man the position but no way do I think he earns his money at the PG spot for the duration of his career. He's a PGas much as Jamal Crawford and Larry Hughes are.

It's not out of this world to think that he won't play the 4. Kevin Garnett actually spent a few years playing the 3 for Minnesota.

Agreed. But KG and KD have 2 different skillsets.

Coming out of hs, Garnett was always looked at to be a big man in the pros (from what I remember at least).

On top of that, KG is 7'0 (at the least).

If Rubio is picked ahead of us, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Holiday. I know it seems to be a reach, and pre-camp he was being picked by us with theHouston pick, but he's been looking like the big guard we've needed for a while. I know the Wade comparisons are a stretch (most comparisons to bigname stars are), I think he'd fit in quite well with what the Kings are trying to do. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Petrie reached out and tried totrade up for him while keeping the 4.... or even trading down.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Agreed. But KG and KD have 2 different skillsets.

Coming out of hs, Garnett was always looked at to be a big man in the pros (from what I remember at least).

On top of that, KG is 7'0 (at the least).
naw they tried their damndest to have him at the 3 and by all accords he was very successful but the arrival of the assistance before his mvp yearbumped him up to the 4 where his skills are best suited.

The difference is KG can guard 3's, while KD is already a mediocre to poor defensive player no matter how much he fills out you wanna put him on a courtand tell him to guard 4's?

He would get killed every night.

Back
Top Bottom