Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

According to Chad Ford from ESPN he interviewed 15 GM's from nba teams and asked them to rank the top 13 point guards after the combine. The results were:

1.Rubio
2.Curry
3.Flynn
4.Holiday
5.Evans
6.Teague
7.Jennings
8.Maynor
9.Lawson
10.Mills
11.Collison
12.Calathes
13.Douglas

surely, I was just 'hating'.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

According to Chad Ford from ESPN he interviewed 15 GM's from nba teams and asked them to rank the top 13 point guards after the combine. The results were:

1.Rubio
2.Curry
3.Flynn
4.Holiday
5.Evans
6.Teague
7.Jennings
8.Maynor
9.Lawson
10.Mills
11.Collison
12.Calathes
13.Douglas
surely, I was just 'hating'.

cot dam....and conceivably 10 or 11 of those guys could go in round 1....

is this shaping up to be the worst draft EVER?

other news and noted courtesy of DX

[table][tr][td]Word on the Street, June 2nd[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [td][/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]by: Jonathan Givony - President[/td] [/tr][tr][td]June 2, 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]• Timberwolves Like Evans

While other prospects in his draft range are declining competitive workouts, Tyreke Evans appears to be welcoming the challenge of earning his draft spot. "Tyreke will work out against anyone," says a source at Wasserman Media Group, Evans' agency. "The only problem so far has been that no one is willing to work out against him, especially not DeRozan or Harden."

While some NBA teams insist that Ricky Rubio and James Harden are the top players on the Minnesota Timberwolves' draft board at the moment, others suggest that they are beginning to warm up to the prospect of picking Evans at #6.

"He's definitely a good fit there," one high ranking NBA executive with a pick just a few spots below Minnesota's suggests. "He can play with Randy Foye or without him, you can mix and match him with all kinds of guards, as long as you're willing to put the ball in his hands. With that wingspan, he can even guard some small forwards. He gives you tremendous versatility in that regard."

The big question mark here surrounds Minnesota's new GM, David Kahn. It's not easy to get a handle on his ideology in regards to the draft, as he was not really a traditional basketball hire. Kahn's connections with NBA commissioner David Stern-single-handedly propping up a number of D-League franchises over the years-is rumored to have played an influential role in securing his new job.

Kahn is reportedly telling NBA teams that he's not married to the idea of using the #6 pick, and that he would be willing to listen to trade offers for it.

Dallas Looking at Jordan Hill?

Another interesting tidbit of information coming out of the NBA Combine in Chicago revolves around the Dallas Mavericks and potential interest they may have in Arizona power forward Jordan Hill. The rumor mill indicates that Dallas is seriously considering making a move to acquire the ultra athletic junior, and views him as exactly the type of tough, active rebounder they are missing in their frontcourt rotation at the moment. Brandon Bass currently fills that role for them, but they may not be able to keep him and still maintain ample cap space for 2010.

Hill's measurements (6-9 ¼ without shoes, 7-1 ½ wingspan, 9-0 standing reach) in Chicago confirmed the notion many people had that he will have no problem seeing minutes at center in today's NBA, particularly once he puts a little bit more weight on his frame.

One team that could reportedly help Dallas move up high enough to pick Hill is the Washington Wizards at #5, a team they already have a history with making draft-day deals. The two teams swapped Antawn Jamison for Jerry Stackhouse and the #4 pick (Devin Harris) back in 2004, a move that worked out well for both parties.

Dallas can offer either the non-guaranteed contract of Jerry Stackhouse to help the Wizards reduce payroll next year (while taking someone like Mike James or Etan Thomas off their hands) or they can help the Wizards by providing a veteran like Josh Howard or Jason Terry if it's experience and scoring punch they are after. Either move would allow the Mavericks to stay flexible from a financial standpoint as they look towards the free agent class of 2010. They can also dangle their first round pick (#22).

• Detroit, Oklahoma City Talking Trade?

With the Detroit Pistons looking to get as far under the salary cap as they can this summer, and the Oklahoma City Thunder being one of the few teams who are able to help them shed salary, the two teams have emerged as natural trade partners, multiple NBA sources told DraftExpress this past weekend.

With very few teams projected to have cap space this summer (Oklahoma City, Memphis, Portland, Sacramento and Atlanta being the main ones), it appears that Detroit could be in great position to take advantage of the strength of this free agent class and nab a couple of pieces that would put them right back in the mix to compete for the Eastern conference finals. Detroit is currently slated to be around 20 million dollars underneath the cap, but could shed another five million or so by unloading the contracts of Amir Johnson and their first round pick (#15).

Enter the Oklahoma City Thunder. They are reportedly high on B.J. Mullens (as is Milwaukee), and likely would be able to nab him with the 15th pick. Considering how far under the cap they'll be this summer, they would have no problem taking on Amir Johnson's expiring 3.66 million dollar contract. They should be able to find a suitor for their late first round pick if they choose to do so, as teams like San Antonio, Houston, Toronto and Orlando are all in the market for a draft choice in that range.

With the money Detroit frees up, they could go after their top two free agent targets, rumored to be Paul Millsap and Ben Gordon.

•Minnesota Group Workout

42 players converged on Minneapolis for three days of group workouts in front of a good chunk of the NBA. The fact that the sessions in Minnesota were being held at the same time as the 24-player group workout in Golden State meant that teams had to choose which one they would like to attend.

Many of the top players on our initial invite list appear to have pulled out, with the four top remaining prospects being Austin Daye, Jeff Teague, B.J. Mullens and Gani Lawal. Still, many of the teams present were happy to watch the players work out in a competitive three on three setting, after having to settle strictly for drills at the Combine in Chicago.

Daye, Lawal and Mullens competed in the first day of workouts, alongside players such as Omri Casspi, Danny Green, Darren Collison, A.J. Price, Eric Devendorf, Dante Cunnighman, Daniel Hackett, Luke Nevill and others.

The early buzz from the first day was that Omri Casspi may have helped himself more than any other prospect, as he showed a great combination of athleticism, competitiveness, and skill-level. Austin Daye had a sub-par day apparently, being able to create his own shot almost whenever he pleased, but being incapable of finishing plays due to his poor physical strength.

Gani Lawal showed potential, but also looked far from being a finished product, while B.J. Mullens really struggled at times against Utah's Luke Nevill, looking disinterested in what was going on on the court, and appearing to be at least a few years away from being able to play significant minutes in the NBA.

We'll have more info as we continue to gather it from both Minnesota and Golden State over the next few days.

•Memphis Not a Lock to Take Thabeet?

Most NBA teams we speak to these days are assuming that the Memphis Grizzlies have been decisively spooked by Ricky Rubio's threats to pull a Fran Vasquez, and have instead zeroed in on Hasheem Thabeet as their likely selection with the #2 pick.

Memphis coach Lionel Hollins hasn't necessarily given up on the idea of drafting a point guard, though, and he's telling NBA-types that he may be interested in picking one with legit size that he can play alongside either Mike Conley or O.J. Mayo depending on the situation on the floor. Tyreke Evans is one that has come up-he comes with the added benefit of having played in Memphis, which might help the team somewhat in the ticket sales department. Jrue Holiday is another name that is beginning to get some mention here.

The assumption is that Memphis will trade down a few spots, possibly to 4th, where Sacramento can offer either Jason Thompson or Spencer Hawes as added compensation. That would surely please Rubio's camp, as the difference between the 2nd and 4th picks is somewhere around four million dollars over the course of his rookie deal, which would make things infinitely easier as far as his buyout is concerned, and also satisfy his and his family's initial expectations of being a top-3 pick.

There are some concerns that being selected fourth won't cut it, and Rubio has already come out publicly in the Spanish media and stated that it's not a foregone conclusion that he'll be leaving Joventut this summer.

"There are possibilities of continuing in Joventut. It depends on what number I get picked and the final negotiations, but mainly the buyout clause that my agent is negotiating with the club."

In the interview, Rubio insists that he will not leave Joventut unless a better future awaits him in the NBA. "If there is not a good project in the NBA then I will not go. If I go it is because there is a good future."

Would Memphis qualify for that? The answer early on from Rubio's perspective appears to be no.

Scattered Rumors

•Q Score Up: Players who are being mentioned more and more in a positive light by NBA teams we speak to: B.J. Mullens, Tyler Hansbrough, Rodrigue Beaubois, Josh Heytvelt, Jack McClinton, Jeff Pendergraph, Omri Casspi

•Q Score Down: Players who are being mentioned more and more in a negative light by NBA teams we speak to: Earl Clark, Terrence Williams, Ty Lawson, Eric Maynor, Damion James, Tyler Smith, Wayne Ellington

Marc Iavaroni appears to be a lock to secure the lead assistant's role in Toronto, with the only holdup now being his contract with the Memphis Grizzlies. It seems like Iavaroni and Toronto may be in a similar situation to that of Stan Van Gundy and the Orlando Magic a few years back, when the Miami Heat demanded compensation in the form of a second round pick in exchange for releasing him from the last year of his contract. This time, though, the Grizzlies are reportedly demanding cash, somewhere in the range of a few hundred thousand dollars.

•There is a growing sense in NBA circles that Brandon Jennings may be making a mistake by passing up the Reebok Eurocamp in Treviso next week in favor of participating in private NBA workouts. Numerous teams in the lottery have pointed out to us that they do not feel comfortable with the amount of competitive five on five action they've seen Jennings partake in, and that they would have a difficult time selecting him based on the body of work he's put together up until this point.

NBA teams were not allowed to scout Jennings in high school, and many saw their scouting trips to Italy this year come up empty as they only were able to see him play for a few minutes at a time, often at the shooting guard position.

With that in mind, teams like the New York Knicks decided to send out their entire staff to evaluate Jennings in Treviso this upcoming week, with their head coach Mike D'Antoni, General Manager Donnie Nelson, and Director of Player Personnel Misho Ostarcevic all making the trek to Italy, and all bound to be disappointed when they see that Jennings decided to pass on the opportunity to impress them. Jennings may have a difficult time being selected by teams like this solely off what he shows in the three on three portion of their private workout.

Should Jennings slip past Golden State at 7, he may be in for somewhat of a tumble on draft night, as players such as Jonny Flynn and Jrue Holiday appear to be the next point guards on most teams' boards, and a franchise like Indiana could opt for a more experienced player such as Ty Lawson or Eric Maynor.

It's easy to understand Jennings' motivation, as he just arrived back in the States this weekend and would have to fly all the way back to Italy now in order to compete in the Eurocamp. Still, it's definitely a move that is drawing some criticism early on.

•A number of people have emailed us in the past few days asking why we keep bringing up the measurements of various players without shoes, since "no one ever plays barefoot" in their words. The simple answer is that not all shoes are made alike, and you can clearly see that manifest itself when players like James Johnson or Tyler Smith only get three quarters of an inch added to their listing with shoes, while others such as Jonny Flynn or Jerel McNeal get an inch and a half. Listing how players were measured without shoes simply puts them all on equal footing (no pun intended) and gives us a more precise way of comparing their heights.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-2nd-3241

"The only problem so far has been that no one is willing to work out against him, especially not DeRozan or Harden."
smh. James would bust his @$#.
as long as you're willing to put the ball in his hands.
this is the problem. Sorry, Tyreke Evans will never dominate the ball on a GOOD team.

I like the idea of Hill to the Mavs. It's a good fit for him and the team.

Mullens on the Thunder?
indifferent.gif
...getting outplayed by Luke Nevill? He*$@@*! sucks

I would LOVE for the grizz to trade down to 4 and take evans or whoever if the kings are gonna give up Thompson or Hawes for the #2.. I !%!+@ with both of them
pimp.gif

As long as they dont just pick thabeet with 2
indifferent.gif

jonny flynn is going to the the best pg in this draft, which doesnt say much for this year's point guard crop.

I can't believe some people were calling Eric Maynor the best PG in the draft months ago

Originally Posted by dreClark

If the Grizz could nab JT, trade down to 4 then grab Tyreke, then wow. That would be a hell of a pull.

If Petrie gives up Thompson in any deal but for the 1st pick then he is an idiot

What I tell you Sac fans? If Memphis trade down they will be able to pull away with one of your bigs. I would rather us make that deal and possibly trade the4th pick for a veteran. Dallas is looking to grab Jordan Hill and I'm pretty sure there are other teams looking to trade up as well.

I'd be cool with trading up for Hill as long as it didn't mean trading away Terry or Howard...

I'd rather see us up there for a guy like Tyreke Evans or James Harden, but Hill would be OK...

why dallas is looking to trade up for a 4 is
eyes.gif

last i checked they had a pretty decent 4 on roster already.

apparently wright is their starting 2 of the future.

'we got antoine wright! no need to shore up that position. eric dampier's fantastic as well'
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Here's a mock I did, I know there's some reaches
laugh.gif
grin.gif

1. Los Angeles Clippers - Blake Griffin...Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are a nice core to build around.
2. Memphis Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio...Rubio is going #2, whether he stays in Memphis or not is the real question.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet...James Harden could go here, but Thabeet is the anchor that OKC has been looking for.
4. Sacramento Kings - Tyreke Evans...A bit of a reach, but if things work out Evans could be Sacramento's PG of the future.
5. Washington Wizards - Jordan Hill...Harden could also go here, but the Wizards opt for the inside presence.
6. Minnesota T'Wolves - James Harden...At this point, they get a steal in Harden who compliments Randy Foye in the backcourt.
7. Golden State Warriors - Brandon Jennings...Can't see the Warriors drafting another front court player, so Jennings is the choice.
8. New York Knicks - Stephen Curry...Curry can shoot, has a high basketball IQ and the marketability. It doesn't hurt that he's friends with LeBron James.
9. Toronto Raptors - Demar DeRozan...He's at least two seasons away from contributing, but his potential is too much to pass up. Gerald Henderson is another possibility.
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Jonny Flynn...With Ramon Sessions hitting free agency, the Bucks take Flynn as their PG. DeJuan Blair is also an option.
11. New Jersey Nets - James Johnson...Versatile combo forward for the Nets to develop next to Brook Lopez and Yi Jianlian.
12. Charlotte Bobcats - Gerald Henderson...the Duke star gets selected to back up Raja Bell for a season before hopefully becoming a starter in 2010-2011.
13. Indiana Pacers - Earl Clark...Clark has the skills to be a star, it's just a question if Clark can stay focused and consistent.
14. Phoenix Suns - Jrue Holiday...Steve Nash is getting old and Goran Dragic hasn't panned out like Steve Kerr had hoped, so Holiday makes sense.
15. Detroit Pistons - Terrence Williams...The rebuilding Pistons can go in a different number of directions, but Williams is too good of an all around player to pass up.
16. Chicago Bulls - BJ Mullens - A boom or bust pick by the Bulls.
17. Philadelphia 76ers - Eric Maynor...With Andre Miller headed into free agency and Lou Williams still having trouble running PG, Maynor is the way to go.
18. Minnesota T'Wolves - Ty Lawson...Lawson has some faults, but brings a winning mentality that Minnesota needs.
19. Atlanta Hawks - Jeff Teague...Teague isn't a pure PG, but he could fit in with Joe Johnson next to him in the back court.
20. Utah Jazz - Gani Lawal...Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap are headed into free agency, so the Jazz are going to need a big man.
21. New Orleans Hornets - Patty Mills...Expect this pick to be sold.
22. Dallas Mavericks - Chase Budinger...A potential steal for the Mavs if Budinger stops being a ({}).
23. Sacramento Kings - Austin Daye...He's soft and isn't ready, but has enormous potential.
24. Portland Trailblazers - Tyler Hansbrough...The Blazers need some toughness behind LaMarcus Aldridge at PF so Hansbrough is the choice.
25. Oklahoma City Thunder - Marcus Thornton...Possibly the Thunder's long term solution at SG.
26. Chicago Bulls - Wayne Ellington...Ellington's shooting should ease the pain for the Bulls if/when Ben Gordon leaves this summer.
27. Memphis Grizzlies - Sam Young...The Grizzlies add some toughness on the wing with Young, who should be able to contribute immediatley.
28. Minnesota T'Wolves - DaJuan Summers...Summers has a NBA body, athleticism and shooting but was inconsistent this past season.
29. Los Angeles Lakers - Taj Gibson...Lamar Odom is going to be a free agent this summer, so the Lakers need a back up PF just in case they don't re-sign Odom.
30. Cleveland Cavaliers - Darren Collison...A safe pick for the Cavs. Expect Collison to be a steady, not so spectacular PG.
Am I bugging yo, or do you NOT have Blair going first round?
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Here's a mock I did, I know there's some reaches
laugh.gif
grin.gif

1. Los Angeles Clippers - Blake Griffin...Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are a nice core to build around.
2. Memphis Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio...Rubio is going #2, whether he stays in Memphis or not is the real question.
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet...James Harden could go here, but Thabeet is the anchor that OKC has been looking for.
4. Sacramento Kings - Tyreke Evans...A bit of a reach, but if things work out Evans could be Sacramento's PG of the future.
5. Washington Wizards - Jordan Hill...Harden could also go here, but the Wizards opt for the inside presence.
6. Minnesota T'Wolves - James Harden...At this point, they get a steal in Harden who compliments Randy Foye in the backcourt.
7. Golden State Warriors - Brandon Jennings...Can't see the Warriors drafting another front court player, so Jennings is the choice.
8. New York Knicks - Stephen Curry...Curry can shoot, has a high basketball IQ and the marketability. It doesn't hurt that he's friends with LeBron James.
9. Toronto Raptors - Demar DeRozan...He's at least two seasons away from contributing, but his potential is too much to pass up. Gerald Henderson is another possibility.
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Jonny Flynn...With Ramon Sessions hitting free agency, the Bucks take Flynn as their PG. DeJuan Blair is also an option.
11. New Jersey Nets - James Johnson...Versatile combo forward for the Nets to develop next to Brook Lopez and Yi Jianlian.
12. Charlotte Bobcats - Gerald Henderson...the Duke star gets selected to back up Raja Bell for a season before hopefully becoming a starter in 2010-2011.
13. Indiana Pacers - Earl Clark...Clark has the skills to be a star, it's just a question if Clark can stay focused and consistent.
14. Phoenix Suns - Jrue Holiday...Steve Nash is getting old and Goran Dragic hasn't panned out like Steve Kerr had hoped, so Holiday makes sense.
15. Detroit Pistons - Terrence Williams...The rebuilding Pistons can go in a different number of directions, but Williams is too good of an all around player to pass up.
16. Chicago Bulls - BJ Mullens - A boom or bust pick by the Bulls.
17. Philadelphia 76ers - Eric Maynor...With Andre Miller headed into free agency and Lou Williams still having trouble running PG, Maynor is the way to go.
18. Minnesota T'Wolves - Ty Lawson...Lawson has some faults, but brings a winning mentality that Minnesota needs.
19. Atlanta Hawks - Jeff Teague...Teague isn't a pure PG, but he could fit in with Joe Johnson next to him in the back court.
20. Utah Jazz - Gani Lawal...Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap are headed into free agency, so the Jazz are going to need a big man.
21. New Orleans Hornets - Patty Mills...Expect this pick to be sold.
22. Dallas Mavericks - Chase Budinger...A potential steal for the Mavs if Budinger stops being a ({}).
23. Sacramento Kings - Austin Daye...He's soft and isn't ready, but has enormous potential.
24. Portland Trailblazers - Tyler Hansbrough...The Blazers need some toughness behind LaMarcus Aldridge at PF so Hansbrough is the choice.
25. Oklahoma City Thunder - Marcus Thornton...Possibly the Thunder's long term solution at SG.
26. Chicago Bulls - Wayne Ellington...Ellington's shooting should ease the pain for the Bulls if/when Ben Gordon leaves this summer.
27. Memphis Grizzlies - Sam Young...The Grizzlies add some toughness on the wing with Young, who should be able to contribute immediatley.
28. Minnesota T'Wolves - DaJuan Summers...Summers has a NBA body, athleticism and shooting but was inconsistent this past season.
29. Los Angeles Lakers - Taj Gibson...Lamar Odom is going to be a free agent this summer, so the Lakers need a back up PF just in case they don't re-sign Odom.
30. Cleveland Cavaliers - Darren Collison...A safe pick for the Cavs. Expect Collison to be a steady, not so spectacular PG.
Am I bugging yo, or do you NOT have Blair going first round?
smh.gif
laugh.gif
This is exactly why I hate doing mocks...I always forget someone
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Yeah... Petrie is going to hand over one of our young bigs, a core to our rebuilding, to move up two spaces in the draft. Makes too much sense if you ask me. Imean, genius GMs will make that move without thinking twice.

But... in reality, good try from this writer. I mean, it sounds nice right? Two young players for a guy stuck in buyout hell (assuming we take Rubio at the 2).Most likely, Geoff will stand pat unless there's a move too good to pass up comes his way. And there's no way we give up on a young frontcourt just todraft a PG who is still debating coming over here.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td] [td]
lac.gif

L.A. Clippers
[/td] [td]
19213.jpg

Blake Griffin
[/td] [td]Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 248 pounds
School: Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Clippers continue to insist that they are keeping their pick and taking Griffin. I think it's the right move. They havesome nice young building blocks, and Griffin would be the foundation of that for the future. They can figure out how to get rid of Zach Randolph or Chris Kaman later in the summer.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
2.gif
[/td] [td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td] [td]
19024.jpg

Hasheem Thabeet
[/td] [td]Position: C
Height: 7-3
Weight: 267
School: Connecticut[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: I spoke with Memphis GM Chris Wallace at the combine, and he insisted that the Grizzlies haven't decided whom they'retaking. They've made a trip to Spain to woo Ricky Rubio and his family, but I still believe that, short of a trade, drafting Thabeet is the most likelyoutcome. Even if the front office decides that Rubio is the guy, they have to convince him to pay a huge buyout to come to Memphis.

From what I can gather, that's not going to happen. The best option for the Grizzlies is to find a team hot for Rubio and get a couple of great assetsfor the pick. The problem with that plan is that teams don't seem willing to give up the farm for Rubio. Lots of teams like him, but not enough to make ablockbuster deal.

3.gif
[/td] [td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
[/td] [td]
19272.jpg

Ricky Rubio
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-4
Weight: 180

Analysis: Once again, the Thunder are proving to be a tough nut to crack. Last year, we heard them attached to five or six guys in thedraft. This year is no different.

In Chicago, rumors were flying all over the place about who the Thunder are after. I heard Rubio, Thabeet, James Harden, Jordan Hill and even Stephen Curry mentioned thisweek. I'm told the Thunder like Rubio and that Rubio isn't averse to playing in OKC.

The issue for the Thunder is fit and opportunity. Many on the team see Russell Westbrook as their point guard of the future and aren't sure how he'd fare without the ball in his hands. Maybe moreimportantly, Thunder GM Sam Presti is an opportunist. If he can get a couple of good assets in return for the No. 3 pick, he won't be afraid to pull thetrigger.

If Rubio is off the board, this will be a tough decision. Thabeet gives them the shot-blocking they desperately need. Harden gives them the savvy of aveteran. Curry gives them shooting. Hill gives them rebounding and energy. They could use all of those things.

4.gif
[/td] [td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td] [td]
19263.jpg

Jrue Holiday
Height: 6-4
Weight: 199
School: UCLA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Holiday's performance at the NBA pre-draft combine suddenly doesn't make this pick such a stretch. Yes, this is very highfor Holiday, but at the end of the day, there just isn't a big difference between the fourth pick and the 10th pick in this draft.

The Kings need a point guard, and if they can't get their hands on Rubio, Holiday's combination of size and defensive ability should get him the nodin Sacramento. The other possibilities here -- including Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn and Curry --don't really fit the team's need. But it looks like another player, Memphis' Tyreke Evans, will get a look,too.

5.gif
[/td] [td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td] [td]
19221.jpg

James Harden
[/td] [td]Position: SG
Height: 6-5
Weight: 222
School: Arizona State[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wizards continue to consider moving this pick. However, this is a tough market right now.Teams aren't enamored with the talent here and appear reluctant to give up great assets, including a future first-round pick. If they keep the pick,they'll have a tough choice between Harden and Hill.
Last week we had Hill here, but from the intel I could gather this week in Chicago, it sounds like Harden may be slightly ahead.
6.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
[/td] [td]
19259.jpg

Tyreke Evans
Weight: 220
School: Memphis[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wolves really need help at center and point guard, but there aren't any centers left worth taking. Evans is aninteresting choice. He can play both guard positions and, combined with Randy Foye, could give the Wolves a pretty formidable backcourt. I think Flynn is a better prospect, but Evans is a better fit with whatthe Wolves are trying to do.

7.gif
[/td] [td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td] [td]
19160.jpg

Jonny Flynn
Height: 6-1
Weight: 196
School: Syracuse[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Warriors don't have a traditional point guard and I think it will be hard for them to passon Flynn if he's still on the board. I thought they'd be taking a serious look at Brandon Jennings here, and theyprobably will, but Flynn has the leadership and heart that the Warriors desperately need. Jennings is a project who is much farther away.

8.gif
[/td] [td]
nyk.gif

New York
[/td] [td]
19087.jpg

Stephen Curry
Height: 6-3
Weight: 181
School: Davidson[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Curry got a big boost from the pre-draft camp and suddenly it's not out of the question to see him moving up as high as No.5. The Knicks may have to hold their breath and pray a little bit that he slides. Curry has the two elements essential for a D'Antoni guard -- a terrificjump shot and high basketball IQ.

DeMar DeRozan,Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn will also get longlooks in New York if Curry is gone.

9.gif
[/td] [td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td] [td]
19262.jpg

DeMar DeRozan
Height: 6-6
Weight: 211
School: USC[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Raptors have some needs on the wing since Anthony Parker and Shawn Marion are hitting free agency. On talent alone, DeRozan isone of the most gifted players in the draft. His strong play at the end of the season combined with a confident performance at the combine could push himhigher. But if he's here, the Raptors won't pass.

10.gif
[/td] [td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
[/td] [td]
19174.jpg

Jordan Hill
Height: 6-10
Weight: 232
School: Arizona[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bucks will jump for joy if this scenario happens. Hill is a top-five talent, but if the Wizardspass, he may slip here. None of the other teams are really after a power forward. Hill would be a godsend for the Bucks.

They face losing both of their free agents -- CharlieVillanueva and Ramon Sessions -- this summerdue to financial constraints. That loss could leave them wide open at both the point and the 4. If Hill is gone, they'll try to find the best player amongDeJuan Blair, Flynn andEarl Clark.

11.gif
[/td] [td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
[/td] [td]
19230.jpg

DeJuan Blair
Height: 6-7
Weight: 277
School: Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Rod Thorn has said he needs a moose and he should be able to find one here. The Nets have needs atboth forward positions and could face a tough decision among Blair, Clark and James Johnson.

Blair has the toughness and rebounding ability they crave. Johnson is more of a 3, but he has toughness and versatility. Clark is the most talented of thethree, but also the biggest risk.

12.gif
[/td] [td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
[/td] [td]
19028.jpg

Gerald Henderson
Weight: 215
School: Duke[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Since shipping JasonRichardson to Phoenix in December, the Bobcats have some needs in the backcourt. Raja Bell can't hold down the fort forever.

While they hope a player like DeRozan or Evans falls here, they can settle for Henderson. Henderson isn't the best offensive 2-guard in the draft, buthe's NBA-ready and can play lockdown defense.

13.gif
[/td] [td]
ind.gif

Indiana
[/td] [td]
19214.jpg

Austin Daye
[/td] [td]Position: SF
Height: 6-11
Weight: 192
School: Gonzaga[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pacers' biggest need is an athletic big man who can score and block shots. Unfortunately, there aren't any of thoseguys in the draft this year. They are also looking for a starting point guard. But if the draft plays out like this, the Pacers would have to reach.

The good news is that Daye could be a great fit, especially if they start playing Danny Granger more at the 4. Daye's shooting ability andupside remind some of, dare we say, Jonathan Bender.

14.gif
[/td] [td]
pho.gif

Phoenix
[/td] [td]
19261.jpg

Brandon Jennings
Height: 6-2
Weight: 165

Analysis: The Suns could go a lot of directions depending on where GM Steve Kerr decides to take the team. There's been a lot oftalk about Earl Clark here and I think he makes a lot of sense. But they may have a hard time passing on Jennings if he's still on the board.

Eventually, Steve Nash is going to slow down, andJennings has the talent to be a big-time point guard down the road. With a year or two of tutoring from Nash, he could be a special player.

15.gif
[/td] [td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td] [td]
19050.jpg

Earl Clark
Weight: 226
School: Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pistons will begin their summer makeover in the draft. They'd love to add a dominantlow-post scorer, but there just isn't anyone available there. They'll have a tough decision between two upside guys. Clark could be the second comingof Lamar Odom if he's willing to put in the work.

The versatile forward can play both the 3 and the 4, is amazing in transition, is an excellent rebounder and an emerging shooter. And he has the capability(albeit not always the inclination) to play great defense.

James Johnson issmaller but tougher. He is also inconsistent but has major upside. Both guys have questions about their background.

I think Clark gets the edge based on size. He's big enough to be a full-time 4 in the NBA.

16.gif
[/td] [td]
chi.gif

Chicago
[/td] [td]
19309.jpg

James Johnson
Height: 6-8
Weight: 258
School: Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: There's been talk that the Bulls may take a look at Tyler Hansbrough. He definitelyis a John Paxson-type of player.

However, Johnson is a talent who could give the Bulls an offensive lift at the 4. He's temperamental, but at this point in the draft he's probablyworth it.

17.gif
[/td] [td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia
[/td] [td]
19124.jpg

Eric Maynor
Height: 6-3
Weight: 164
School: VCU[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: With Andre Miller hittingfree agency this summer, look for the Sixers to address the point guard position. Lou Williams is nice but not really a lead guard. Maynor wouldgive Philly the total package as one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft.

18.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Miami)

[/td] [td]
19269.jpg

B.J. Mullens
[/td] [td]Position: C
Height: 7-1
Weight: 258
School: Ohio State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wolves don't have a true center, and Mullens is likely to be the best one remaining on the board. At the beginning of theseason, he was ranked in our top five, but he slipped because, although his talent remains, he's years away from being ready. However, a lottery team withlots of first-round picks such as Minnesota can roll the dice and pray the gamble pays off.

19.gif
[/td] [td]
atl.gif

Atlanta
[/td] [td]
19334.jpg

Jeff Teague
Weight: 175
School: Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Hawks have blown it repeatedly when they've needed a point guard in the draft. They passedon Chris Paul to draft Marvin Williams and passed on Rajon Rondo to draft Shelden Williams.

Then, two years ago, when they finally got around to picking a point guard, they took Acie Law ahead of Rodney Stuckey.

The choice here likely will come down to Teague and Ty Lawson. Lawson has theexperience and leadership credentials, but Teague has the sizzle and upside.

20.gif
[/td] [td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td] [td]
18875.jpg

Tyler Hansbrough
Weight: 234
School: North Carolina[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bulls have shown some interest in Hansbrough at pick No. 16, but if he doesn't go there, it feels like destiny thathe'll end up in Utah. His tough, blue-collar game would work really well for Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.

And with the Jazz likely to lose either Carlos Boozeror Paul Millsap, or both, they'll probably have aneed at the 4.

21.gif
[/td] [td]
nor.gif

New Orleans
[/td] [td]
19026.jpg

Chase Budinger
Weight: 206
School: Arizona[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Budinger would give the Hornets another player who can spread the floor. With Peja Stojakovic on the decline, Budinger's combination ofathleticism and shooting would be welcome.

22.gif
[/td] [td]
dal.gif

Dallas
[/td] [td]
19220.jpg

Terrence Williams
Height: 6-6
Weight: 213
School: Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Mavs have been willing to take a chance on big-time athletes with a questionable background. It worked for them with Josh Howard and it might work again with Williams. He haslottery talent, and if he can focus and improve that jump shot, he could be a long-term replacement for Jerry Stackhouse.

23.gif
[/td] [td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
(via Houston)

[/td] [td]
19144.jpg

Omri Casspi
Height: 6-9
Weight: 211

Analysis: The Kings have a lot of offensive weapons. What they lack is toughness. Casspi has the same blue-collar appeal that Andres Nocioni brings to the table, and the Kings can save somecash by leaving Casspi overseas to develop for a few years.

24.gif
[/td] [td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td] [td]
19034.jpg

Ty Lawson
Height: 6-1
Weight: 199
School: North Carolina[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Blazers are looking at trading this pick. But if they keep it, they can add a point guard who isbattle-proven. Lawson's shooting ability and speed would come in handy in Portland.

25.gif
[/td] [td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
(via San Antonio)

[/td] [td]
19171.jpg

Gani Lawal
Weight: 229
School: Georgia Tech[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Thunder would love to get a true center, but no one worth gambling on is expected to be available at this point in the draft.Lawal is raw, but he's an athlete and a proven rebounder who could provide energy off the bench.

26.gif
[/td] [td]
chi.gif

Chicago
(via Denver)

[/td] [td]
19172.jpg

DaJuan Summers
Weight: 243
School: Georgetown[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Summers is an NBA athlete and a good scorer whose game really slipped toward the end of the season. More and more, NBA scouts areprojecting him as a 4 in the league. He's not a great rebounder, but he could give the Bulls some much-needed offense down low. Based on talent, he couldgo much higher, and he's a value pick for the Bulls here.

27.gif
[/td] [td]
mem.gif

Memphis
(via Orlando)

[/td] [td]
19234.jpg

Sam Young
Weight: 223
School: Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Young has been terrific the past two years in Pittsburgh and should be able to immediately come in and contribute to theGrizzlies as both an athletic scorer and defender to back up O.J.Mayo and Rudy Gay.

28.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Boston)

[/td] [td]
19079.jpg

Darren Collison
Weight: 166
School: UCLA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: If the Wolves pass on a point guard twice in the draft, don't expect them to do it again. Collison is a steal this late inthe draft. He's a veteran who can play both up-tempo or in the grind-it-out, half-court game. His defense and shooting could eventually put him in theposition to dethrone Sebastian Telfair.

29.gif
[/td] [td]
lal.gif

L.A. Lakers
[/td] [td]
nba_i_douglas_65.jpg

Toney Douglas
Weight: 184
School: Florida State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Lakers have issues at point guard, and eventually they'll have to find a replacement for Derek Fisher. Douglas can play a similar role as a clutch shooterand a terrific on-the-ball defender.

30.gif
[/td] [td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td] [td]
19277.jpg

DeMarre Carroll
Height: 6-8
Weight: 208
School: Missouri[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Cavs could lose both BenWallace and Anderson Varejao this summer.Carroll isn't as big as those guys, but he's got the same sort of frantic energy that made them so successful. He's a blue-collar worker who wouldfit in well with what the Cavs do.

Back
Top Bottom