Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

jermaine Gon beast!

sick.gif
'rell bein 6'1 in socks OUCH

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Are we seriously leaning to Holiday over Curry?!
frown.gif
tired.gif
I don't buy that at all, Curry just I think it's pretty much wrap he's in NY. He just showed he is fine athletically and if you put him in the Dantoni offense with a million pick and rolls watch him put up numbers.

Curry is one of the surest things in this draft at this point.
pimp.gif

Opinions on Jordan Hill?

Not sure whether he'll pan out or not. He dominated this past season but is still relatively raw.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Opinions on Jordan Hill?

Not sure whether he'll pan out or not. He dominated this past season but is still relatively raw.

athlete with decent size. (but not a 5. im looking at you dallas.) scrappy underneath and hits the boards but doesnt really have much to offer in terms ofskill.

some people are getting a little carried away wih combine results.

lemme put things back into perspective.

this guy owned the combine and was the best athlete in his class by far.

_iceUrlFlag=1

whereas this guy put in some quite poor results

_iceUrlFlag=1

combine results are interesting but they dont really mean squat.

Opinions on Jordan Hill?

he will be a bum if you ask me, and teams looking at him to play C?
roll.gif

This draft class is awful.

If you can change the channel after the top 2 picks, you know it's bad.

Steph Curry is B.J. Armstrong 2.0.

Solid shooter but can't do much else.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

some people are getting a little carried away wih combine results.

lemme put things back into perspective.

this guy owned the combine and was the best athlete in his class by far.

_iceUrlFlag=1

whereas this guy put in some quite poor results

_iceUrlFlag=1

combine results are interesting but they dont really mean squat.
word, Joey's jacked *no mo*

and I believe Durant's gained weight ever since that combine. You can't stay in the L pushing 135.

and I believe Durant's gained weight ever since that combine. You can't stay in the L pushing 135.
durant's 215 lbs was the lowest ever for a sf until austin daye smashed that with his 191 lbs this year.

timeout....this guy Austin Daye declared for the draft?

what is he smoking? dude spent two years at gonzaga and never developed anything...

so much potential in that wiry frame...smh

durant's 215 lbs was the lowest ever for a sf until austin daye smashed that with his 191 lbs this year.
Wrong, Durant wasn't the lowest. There been many SF that weigh less than 215

Originally Posted by itsphillthy

so much potential in that wiry frame...smh

there's really not that much potential.

he's got height, exceptional length, decent body control and touch for his size, and can shoot it a bit from range.

but he's paper thin, doesnt like contact, lacks all kinds of strength, and isnt much of an interior presence in any regard.

fine. easy enough because he's a small forward.

but he's not that athletic or quick, doesnt shoot it that well, cant put the ball on the floor that well for an nbasf, and doesnt really create all that well.

what you've got left is a 6'10" spot shooter.

he's a 6'10 kid with a 7 foot wingspan who could have easily worked on his game but didn't

thats the potential i'm referring to.

he always played with a sense of entitlement, like he knew he was something special.

sad thing is with his strength he'll have a rough time even making it overseas.

what a waste.

I hope the cavs pick up damion james to defend and run the floor out there with LBJ

Everytime I see Hill, I just think of this guy for some reason:

35819640.jpg

I watched Wilcox in high school and he oozed with potential. He was just so dang athletic. 3 years of solid coaching in college couldve really helped him.

Im convinced the NBA is a good place for a young guy to learn the NBA game, what the team wants him to do, but im not convinced its a training ground to honeyour specific skill set. Unless you have veterans on your coaching staff like Abdul-Jabaar who can give one on one attention to a guy like Bynum, I think teamseither use you or sit you on the bench. Its a business, and I think they go with who can help them win, not try to mold guys into what they can become.

Anthony Randolph was 197

right? who saw that coming
laugh.gif

Sarcasm? I thought it was a well known fact that Budinger could jump out the gym

^

Budinger and Hansbrough's results prove one thing…………..the media stereotyped them because they were white.

Seriously, Steve Lavin and Co. continuosly talked about how much more athletic Griffin was than Hansbrough. No doubt he is a better leaper etc, but the numbersclearly prove that he isnt more athletic.

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^

Budinger and Hansbrough's results prove one thing…………..the media stereotyped them because they were white.

Seriously, Steve Lavin and Co. continuosly talked about how much more athletic Griffin was than Hansbrough. No doubt he is a better leaper etc, but the numbers clearly prove that he isnt more athletic.

What are you talking about...EVERYONE knows TH's limitations...but it's also well documented that TH was arguably the hardest and most disclipinedworker on the UNC team...also, if anyone has an ounce of b-ball knowledge, you would know that Budinger came from a volleyball background, and his hops haveNEVER been in question. Their skin color has nothing to do with the "supposed" shock of their combine results.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^

Seriously, Steve Lavin and Co. continuosly talked about how much more athletic Griffin was than Hansbrough. No doubt he is a better leaper etc, but the numbers clearly prove that he isnt more athletic.

What are you talking about...EVERYONE knows TH's limitations...but it's also well documented that TH was arguably the hardest and most disclipined worker on the UNC team...also, if anyone has an ounce of b-ball knowledge, you would know that Budinger came from a volleyball background, and his hops have NEVER been in question. Their skin color has nothing to do with the "supposed" shock of their combine results.

Seriously. Dudes act like the media has it twisted just because THEY don't pay attention
laugh.gif
. Anybody who knew about Chase knew he could jump his !!*off. He was in the HS Dunk Contest for goodness sake. And I know you all had to see Handjob doing 360 dunks in warmups...they may have over embellished howhard he worked, but they never said he wasn't athletic. (Though they did play up Grififn's athleticism compared to Hansbrough, I'll give you that).

^
um, for 4 years we were told that Tyler was really closer to 6-7 and that he had short arms.

Both were lies. He has a longer reach than Griffin and he is a legit 6-8 in socks. Again, the media wanted us to believe he was less of an athlete for whateverreason.

Id picked Griffin over Hansbrough because the NBA is more about athletic ability than basketball skill on the front line.

"but they never said he wasn't athletic"

you mustve had your tv on mute during the years.

Also, at the NBA combine that was televised on ESPNU, the commentators mentioned it as well, that he would have trouble athletically.

Wait, so now the media was against Tyler Hansbrough?
Id picked Griffin over Hansbrough because the NBA is more about athletic ability than basketball skill on the front line.

Or because he is flat out a better basketball player

Back
Top Bottom