Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by manamazing55

^

Deon Thompson was Carolina's best post defender this year. Hansbrough started on Griffen, who was scoreless for the first 11 minutes of the game.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He took one shot...which was a putback attempt...in the first 11 minutes and was doubled every time he touched the ball. Stop making it seem like ANYONE did a good job on him. He finished 9-12.

right, because Roy correctly assessed that Oklahoma had no shooters. Did OK ever get closer than 7 pts once UNC took the 21-10 lead in the first 11 minutes?Nope dont think so

Hey manamazing55, so I take it hansborough is going to be the best post, ellington the best all around, and lawson the best pg of the draft?

this thread is great
laugh.gif

anywho...i know there arent many warriors fans in this thread but who cares...

Warriors like shooter Williams
By Marcus Thompson
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 06/02/2009 07:18:33 PM PDT

OAKLAND - Perhaps the last thing the Warriors need is another swingman. They have a roster full of shooting guards and small forwards.

But if they are going for best player available when they select No. 7 overall in the NBA draft June 25, the pick may be another swingman.

Louisville senior Terrence Williams - an athletic and physical 6-foot-6, 220-pound shooting guard - might make the Warriors consider adding to their excess. He's been linked to them in the draft rumor mill. Plus, a team source said coach Don Nelson loves Williams.

"Right after they call my name, I'd be on the next plane and come here," he said of his reaction should the Warriors draft him. "And won't leave here. Ever."

Williams was the most notable player in Tuesday's group workout at Golden State's practice facility. For the second and final day, two groups of NBA hopefuls worked out for an hour each before representatives of some 20 NBA teams. They had to play some 2-on-2 this time as North Carolina big man Tyler Hansbrough didn't show up, leaving the first group with only five players.

Williams was joined by such notables as Arizona forward Chase Budinger, UCLA point guard Darren Collison and Gonzaga forward Austin Daye. Saint Mary's point guard Patty Mills highlighted Monday's crop.

Williams said he did "all right" Tuesday (though Temple guard Dionte Christmas seemed to have shined the most, according to the players). No Warriors executive was made available for comment, but it is widely accepted that Golden State is interested in Williams, though No. 7 overall is considered on the high side to draft him.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Hey manamazing55, so I take it hansborough is going to be the best post, ellington the best all around, and lawson the best pg of the draft?
laugh.gif
thats pretty much what i was thinking.... not only is he a homer; but an ignorant homer.

now that makes NO sense. not only is it not a good fit (dont they still have Maggette and Jax?), #7?

OMFG @ The Steph vs. Jonny and the Blake vs. Hansbrough arguments

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

And someone compared Keke to Steph? And alluded to the fact that people thought Chase was unathletic? Hahahaahhahahasjryrfigogjfhfeurg
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

ive never said that, nor do I believe it. Lawson was clearly the best college point guard last year, no question.

Wake Forest sophomore guard Jeff Teague suffered a sprained MCL in his knee in a workout in Minnesota on Wednesday morning.

Teague's father, Shawn, confirmed the news to FOXSports.com.
``It's just a strain," Shawn Teague said. ``He'll make a full recovery in about 8-10 days."

Teague, who averaged 18.8 points, 3.5 assists and 3.3 rebounds this past season for the Demon Deacons, has declared for the June 25 NBA Draft - but has not yet hired an agent.

However, Teague's father echoed the recent comments of his son when he told FOXSports.com that he is likely to remain in the draft.

``I don't think this injury will alter that," Shawn Teague said. ``That's the way we feel. In terms of hiring an agent, we're going to exhaust every day we can that it's an option."

Jeff Teague has said that he will stay in the draft if he is considered a first-round draft pick. According to multiple sources, Teague will be taken in the first round - and could be taken in the lottery.

Teague, who went to the Chicago combine last week and has participated in a pair of multiple team workouts - one in Golden State and Wednesday's in Minnesota - will return home to Indianapolis to rehab his knee.

guess rumors were he tore it at first.

Connecticut freshman center Ater Majok, whose ties to the same former agent/booster as Miles (Josh Nochimson) is also being investigated, worked out at the 21-team Golden State Warriors-sponsored event on Tuesday in Oakland.
The reviews weren't good.

Majok had, according to a number of NBA personnel on hand, "no feel for the game. He's all-airport. His skill level is higher but knowledge much lower." A number of personnel directors said he has to go to school and needs at least two to three years to develop his game like former Huskies star Hasheem Thabeet. "He won't get drafted if he stays in the draft,'' said one assistant general manager. "If he thinks staying in the draft will get him money for his family, he's wrong." Majok has until June 15 to withdraw.

The reviews for Gonzaga sophomore forward Austin Daye weren't positive, either.

Daye's skill set has always been his hook to be a first-round pick, and it still may get him guaranteed money if he stays in the draft.

However, multiple personnel people said Daye got pushed around by Georgia Tech's Gani Lawal and Louisville senior Terrence Williams."He looked soft and played like a prima donna,'' said one assistant GM. "He's not ready to play in the NBA. He could be in the D-League next season."

Yet, at least one team said Daye told them in an interview in Chicago during the NBA draft combine that he was going to stay in the draft. The consensus on Daye is he needs to build his core strength. He's not going to put on 20 pounds of muscle, but he needs to be stronger.

Williams was the most NBA-ready player at the workout.

There may be good news for Wake Forest, too. Sophomore guard Jeff Teague hasn't wowed scouts so far. The consensus is that he needs to go back to school, get in better shape and become more consistent.

If Texas' Damion James is listening to NBA personnel then he should head back to school, too.

According to those in the gym, Pitt's Sam Young dominated James on Monday, and James' reliance on the 3-point shot was a huge negative to those who were scouting him.

• For the second straight draft, UCLA may have a guard go in the top five who played behind Darren Collison. Last season, it was Russell Westbrook (No. 4 to Seattle/Oklahoma City). This season, Jrue Holiday could land as high as No. 3 or 4.

• Memphis guard Tyreke Evans clearly made the right choice in leaving. There is a buzz that he could go as high as No. 2 to Memphis.

• Don't be shocked if Spain's Ricky Rubio landed at No. 4 to Sacramento and Thabeet slides, if that's even fair to say, to No. 6 Minnesota.

• One of the biggest complaints from NBA teams so far is that players aren't working out for teams higher up in the lottery. This is a new one. Usually agents won't let a player work out for a team lower in the first round because they don't think their client will drop that far.

This time, they don't want a player to work out for teams (like Washington at No. 5) because they don't think the team will take their player that high.

But what they fail to realize is that this is a draft where teams are looking to trade down and want to see the player (like Stephen Curry) in case they move a few spots.

^
hes got alot of skill and explosion but is YEARS away from starting in the NBA as a point.

Probably worth it to go ahead and get on the money train, because lord knows Wake isnt sniffing a Final Four

I would say he should come back to school, but what's the point?

He'd have to shoulder more of the scoring load with Johnson gone & it will become more apparent that the place for him in the NBA is the 2.

He's smart to come out now.

^
hes got alot of skill and explosion but is YEARS away from starting in the NBA as a point.

Probably worth it to go ahead and get on the money train, because lord knows Wake isnt sniffing a Final Four
if he came back, why wouldnt they sniff a Final Four???

Originally Posted by The Wizard

^

Yeah I don't know what he's talking.

Teague, Aminu, Weaver, Woods, McFarland, Smith, some decent recruits coming in...that's enough to stay competitive in a relatively weak ACC next year.

laugh.gif
I know. ma55

But yeah, Teague needs to go ahead and leave. Not just because I like Duke, but because Undersized Two-Guards/Combo guards need to leave asap. If you plan onleaving early you need to leave as soon as you get a 1st round 'grade'. In most cases.

Memphis guard Tyreke Evans clearly made the right choice in leaving. There is a buzz that he could go as high as No. 2 to Memphis.
That's funny.

I've heard that Memphis is looking at him if they trade down to get a player and like the 4th-6th pick.

Well I guess Tyreke is off the board for us.
ohwell.gif

The more and more I look at this draft, I realize how bad it really is, like how many of these lottery picks will even be starters on a good team.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by The Wizard

^

Yeah I don't know what he's talking.

Teague, Aminu, Weaver, Woods, McFarland, Smith, some decent recruits coming in...that's enough to stay competitive in a relatively weak ACC next year.

Stay competitive isnt close to Final Four.
Wake fans and so called experts said last year said they could go to the Final Four. What happened? Oh yea, Cleveland State.

They have no coach

Back
Top Bottom