Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Al3xis

now that makes NO sense. not only is it not a good fit (dont they still have Maggette and Jax?), #7?

jax can play any position. if the warriors can get of corey+his ugly contract, you better bet that they'll do it asap.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Well I guess Tyreke is off the board for us.
ohwell.gif

The more and more I look at this draft, I realize how bad it really is, like how many of these lottery picks will even be starters on a good team.

Exactly. After Griffin and Rubio, whoever you pick at 14 can be just as good as the 3rd or 4th pick. I do think this draft will have plenty of solid players init though. Just not a lot of star level talent.

That's why I really would rather just have Memphis take Rubio and call it a night unless some great trade comes our way. Even though I wouldn't minda trade if it was best for the team, trading Rubio would almost be like trading OJ for Love and Miller last draft. Star power for a sixth man and solid bigman. That's how I pretty much view the Kings trade with Thompson/Hawes and 4th pick for Rubio.
Omir Casspi (sp?) is also a nice prospect in the late 1st rd that I've been looking at. Having him on the Grizz may cause a lot of trouble withHaddadi (Iran) and Casspi (Israel) being on the same team, but it might just work out. He's a hard nosed SF that could definitely toughen up Rudy and makehim work hard in the practice.

Austin Daye has the same body frame of Ty Walker of Wake Forest, Ty Walker got about the same pt as walk-on's this year and the dude is 7'0 with a7'7 wingspan, dude just has to add some weight

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think people are totally exaggerating how bad Curry's defense is. He has decent length and athleticism and on an NBA team where he won't be asked to shoulder the scoring load I'm sure he will be fine as long as he isn't asked to shooting guards.

I'm saying dudes talking like its the 80s or something, NBA is soft

Originally Posted by woody2626

If Walker adds the weight and hits the weight room he's gonna be a beast in the ACC

I think he'll be a defensive presence. I dont know that youll ever be able to come down the floor, pass him the rock in the post and expect him to put upbuckets. He's just not that polished offensively.

Originally Posted by bballah3

hopefully memphis sends the number 2 pick for the Timberwolves 6 and xx pick.
Rubio? He wouldn't come here anyway.

Charlotte needs to trade Felton and May for a big and a 2nd round pick. This way they can move Okafor back to his normal position at the 4 and actually try todevelop a center. Diop is trash

Originally Posted by Al3xis

did you watch Jrue this year compared to those two?
I'll be honest I didn't watch ALL of his games. But was he not playing out of his position? When he was playing point he was just fine.Yes he had a crappy year, but I think he has more potential then Curry and Flynn.

But we'll see.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

You mean Minnesota?

I hear a lot of talk of international players not wanting to play for certain teams, but really, when was the last time it impacted his draft status?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You mean Minnesota?

I hear a lot of talk of international players not wanting to play for certain teams, but really, when was the last time it impacted his draft status?
nerd.gif
Rubio said he would stay with his team in Spain if he didn't like the situation of who he was drafted to. I believe him too...he has a hell ofa deal in Spain.

EDIT: I think he'd go to Memphis...not referring to them.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

You mean Minnesota?

nerd.gif
Rubio said he would stay with his team in Spain if he didn't like the situation of who he was drafted to. I believe him too...he has a hell of a deal in Spain.

I believe he will only stay in Spain if he's picked too low which is what was in an interview. I don't remember the exact words coming out of his mouththat he wouldn't go to a certain city, but that it depended on his draft positioning if he would stay or not. That's why I see it being unlikely himfalling down to no.4. He will automatically get picked no.2 IMO and whether or not he is traded just depends.

Manamazing55...you've been drinking too much of that IC kool-aid.
laugh.gif
I can't believe some of the nonsense you posting in here.

del if necessary...but i see premium rivals and scout stuff here all the time

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
1.gif
[/td] [td]
lac.gif

L.A. Clippers
[/td] [td]
19213.jpg

Blake Griffin
[/td] [td]Position: PF
Height: 6-foot-10
Weight: 248 pounds
School: Oklahoma[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Clippers continue to insist that they are keeping their pick and taking Griffin. I think it's the right move. They havesome nice young building blocks, and Griffin would be the foundation of that for the future. They can figure out how to get rid of Zach Randolph or ChrisKaman later in the summer.

[table][tr][th=""]PICK[/th] [th=""]TEAM[/th] [th=""]PLAYER[/th] [th=""]VITALS[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
2.gif
[/td] [td]
mem.gif

Memphis
[/td] [td]
19024.jpg

Hasheem Thabeet
[/td] [td]Position: C
Height: 7-3
Weight: 267
School: Connecticut[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: I spoke with Memphis GM Chris Wallace at the combine, and he insisted that the Grizzlies haven't decided whom they'retaking. They've made a trip to Spain to woo Ricky Rubio and his family, but I still believe that, short of a trade, drafting Thabeet is the most likelyoutcome. Even if the front office decides that Rubio is the guy, they have to persuade him to pay a huge buyout to come to Memphis.

From what I can gather, that's not going to happen. The best option for the Grizzlies is to find a team hot for Rubio and get a couple of great assetsfor the pick. The problem with that plan is that teams don't seem willing to give up the farm for Rubio. Lots of teams like him, but not enough to make ablockbuster deal.

3.gif
[/td] [td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
[/td] [td]
19272.jpg

Ricky Rubio
[/td] [td]Position: PG
Height: 6-4
Weight: 180

Analysis: Once again, the Thunder are proving to be a tough nut to crack. Last year, we heard them attached to five or six guys in thedraft. This year is no different.

In Chicago, rumors were flying all over the place about which player the Thunder are after. I heard Rubio, Thabeet, James Harden, Jordan Hill and even Stephen Curry mentioned this week. I'm told that theThunder like Rubio and that Rubio isn't averse to playing in OKC.

The issue for the Thunder is fit and opportunity. Many on the team see RussellWestbrook as their point guard of the future and aren't sure how he'd fare without the ball in his hands. Maybe more importantly, Thunder GM SamPresti is an opportunist. If he can get a couple of good assets in return for the No. 3 pick, he won't be afraid to pull the trigger.

If Rubio is off the board, this will be a tough decision. Thabeet would give them the shot-blocking they desperately need. Harden would give them the savvyof a veteran. Curry would give them shooting. Hill would give them rebounding and energy. They could use all those things.

4.gif
[/td] [td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
[/td] [td]
19263.jpg

Jrue Holiday
Height: 6-4
Weight: 199
School: UCLA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Holiday's performance at the NBA pre-draft combine suddenly doesn't make this pick such a stretch. Yes, this is very highfor Holiday, but at the end of the day, there just isn't a big difference between the fourth pick and the 10th pick in this draft.

The Kings need a point guard, and if they can't get their hands on Rubio, Holiday's combination of size and defensive ability should get him the nodin Sacramento. The other possibilities here -- including Brandon Jennings, Jonny Flynn and Curry -- don't really fit the team'sneed. But it looks as if another player, Memphis guard Tyreke Evans, will get a look, too.

5.gif
[/td] [td]
was.gif

Washington
[/td] [td]
19221.jpg

James Harden
[/td] [td]Position: SG
Height: 6-5
Weight: 222
School: Arizona State[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wizards continue to consider moving this pick. However, it's a tough market right now. Teams aren't enamored withthe talent here and appear reluctant to give up great assets, including a future first-round pick. If the Wizards keep the pick, they'll have a toughchoice between Harden and Hill. We had Hill here last week, but from the intel I could gather this week in Chicago, it sounds as if Harden might be slightlyahead.

6.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
[/td] [td]
19259.jpg

Tyreke Evans
Weight: 220
School: Memphis[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Wolves really need help at center and point guard, but there aren't any centers left worth taking. Evans is aninteresting choice. He can play both guard positions and, combined with Randy Foye,could give the Wolves a pretty formidable backcourt. I think Flynn is a better prospect, but Evans is a better fit with what the Wolves are trying to do.

7.gif
[/td] [td]
gsw.gif

Golden State
[/td] [td]
19160.jpg

Jonny Flynn
Height: 6-1
Weight: 196
School: Syracuse[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Warriors don't have a traditional point guard and I think it will be hard for them to pass on Flynn if he's stillon the board. I thought they'd be taking a serious look at Brandon Jennings here, and they probably will, but Flynn hasthe leadership and heart that the Warriors desperately need. Jennings is a project who is much farther away.
8.gif
[/td] [td]
nyk.gif

New York
[/td] [td]
19087.jpg

Stephen Curry
Height: 6-3
Weight: 181
School: Davidson[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Curry got a big boost from the pre-draft camp and suddenly it's not out of the question to see him moving up as high as No.5. The Knicks may have to hold their breath and pray a little bit that he slides. Curry has the two elements essential for a D'Antoni guard -- a terrificjump shot and high basketball IQ.

DeMar DeRozan, Tyreke Evans, Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn will also get long looks in New York if Curry isgone.

9.gif
[/td] [td]
tor.gif

Toronto
[/td] [td]
19262.jpg

DeMar DeRozan
Height: 6-6
Weight: 211
School: USC[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Raptors have some needs on the wing since AnthonyParker and Shawn Marion are hitting free agency. On talent alone, DeRozan is oneof the most gifted players in the draft. His strong play at the end of the season combined with a confident performance at the combine could push him higher.But if he's here, the Raptors won't pass.

10.gif
[/td] [td]
mil.gif

Milwaukee
[/td] [td]
19174.jpg

Jordan Hill
Height: 6-10
Weight: 232
School: Arizona[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Bucks will jump for joy if this scenario happens. Hill is a top-five talent, but if the Wizards pass, he may slip here.None of the other teams are really after a power forward. Hill would be a godsend for the Bucks.
They face losing both of their free agents -- Charlie Villanueva and Ramon Sessions -- this summer due to financial constraints. That loss could leave them wideopen at both the point and the 4. If Hill is gone, they'll try to find the best player among DeJuan Blair, Flynn and Earl Clark.

11.gif
[/td] [td]
njn.gif

New Jersey
[/td] [td]
19230.jpg

DeJuan Blair
Height: 6-7
Weight: 277
School: Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: Rod Thorn has said he needs a moose and he should be able to find one here. The Nets have needs at both forward positions andcould face a tough decision among Blair, Clark and JamesJohnson.
Blair has the toughness and rebounding ability they crave. Johnson is more of a 3, but he has toughness and versatility. Clark is the most talented of thethree, but also the biggest risk.

12.gif
[/td] [td]
cha.gif

Charlotte
[/td] [td]
19028.jpg

Gerald Henderson
Weight: 215
School: Duke[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Since shipping Jason Richardson to Phoenix in December,the Bobcats have some needs in the backcourt. Raja Bell can't hold down the fortforever.

While they hope a player like DeRozan or Evans falls here, they can settle for Henderson. Henderson isn't the best offensive 2-guard in the draft, buthe's NBA-ready and can play lockdown defense.

13.gif
[/td] [td]
ind.gif

Indiana
[/td] [td]
19214.jpg

Austin Daye
[/td] [td]Position: SF
Height: 6-11
Weight: 192
School: Gonzaga[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Pacers' biggest need is an athletic big man who can score and block shots. Unfortunately, there aren't any of thoseguys in the draft this year. They are also looking for a starting point guard. But if the draft plays out like this, the Pacers would have to reach.

The good news is that Daye could be a great fit, especially if they start playing Danny Granger more at the 4. Daye's shooting ability and upside remind some of, dare wesay, Jonathan Bender.

14.gif
[/td] [td]
pho.gif

Phoenix
[/td] [td]
19261.jpg

Brandon Jennings
Height: 6-2
Weight: 165
Analysis: The Suns could go a lot of directions depending on where GM Steve Kerr decides to take the team. There's been a lot of talk about Earl Clark here andI think he makes a lot of sense. But they may have a hard time passing on Jennings if he's still on the board.
Eventually, Steve Nash is going to slow down, and Jennings has the talent to be abig-time point guard down the road. With a year or two of tutoring from Nash, he could be a special player.

15.gif
[/td] [td]
det.gif

Detroit
[/td] [td]
19050.jpg

Earl Clark
Weight: 226
School: Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Pistons will begin their summer makeover in the draft. They'd love to add a dominant low-post scorer, but there justisn't anyone available there. They'll have a tough decision between two upside guys. Clark could be the second coming of Lamar Odom if he's willing to put in the work.
The versatile forward can play both the 3 and the 4, is amazing in transition, is an excellent rebounder and an emerging shooter. And he has the capability(albeit not always the inclination) to play great defense.

James Johnson is smaller but tougher. He is alsoinconsistent but has major upside. Both guys have questions about their background.

I think Clark gets the edge based on size. He's big enough to be a full-time 4 in the NBA.

16.gif
[/td] [td]
chi.gif

Chicago
[/td] [td]
19309.jpg

James Johnson
Height: 6-8
Weight: 258
School: Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: There's been talk that the Bulls may take a look at Tyler Hansbrough. He definitely is a John Paxson-type of player.
However, Johnson is a talent who could give the Bulls an offensive lift at the 4. He's temperamental, but at this point in the draft he's probablyworth it.

17.gif
[/td] [td]
phi.gif

Philadelphia
[/td] [td]
19124.jpg

Eric Maynor
Height: 6-3
Weight: 164
School: VCU[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: With Andre Miller hitting free agency this summer, lookfor the Sixers to address the point guard position. Lou Williams is nice but notreally a lead guard. Maynor would give Philly the total package as one of the most NBA-ready players in the draft.

18.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Miami)

[/td] [td]
19269.jpg

B.J. Mullens
[/td] [td]Position: C
Height: 7-1
Weight: 258
School: Ohio State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Wolves don't have a true center, and Mullens is likely to be the best one remaining on the board. At the beginning of theseason, he was ranked in our top five, but he slipped because, although his talent remains, he's years away from being ready. However, a lottery team withlots of first-round picks such as Minnesota can roll the dice and pray the gamble pays off.

19.gif
[/td] [td]
atl.gif

Atlanta
[/td] [td]
19334.jpg

Jeff Teague
Weight: 175
School: Wake Forest[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Hawks have blown it repeatedly when they've needed a point guard in the draft. They passed on Chris Paul to draft Marvin Williams and passed on Rajon Rondo to draft Shelden Williams.
Then, two years ago, when they finally got around to picking a point guard, they took Acie Law ahead of Rodney Stuckey.

The choice here likely will come down to Teague and TyLawson. Lawson has the experience and leadership credentials, but Teague has the sizzle and upside.

20.gif
[/td] [td]
uth.gif

Utah
[/td] [td]
18875.jpg

Tyler Hansbrough
Weight: 234
School: North Carolina[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Bulls have shown some interest in Hansbrough at pick No. 16, but if he doesn't go there, it feels like destiny thathe'll end up in Utah. His tough, blue-collar game would work really well for Jazz coach Jerry Sloan.

And with the Jazz likely to lose either Carlos Boozer or Paul Millsap, or both, they'll probably have a need at the 4.

21.gif
[/td] [td]
nor.gif

New Orleans
[/td] [td]
19026.jpg

Chase Budinger
Weight: 206
School: Arizona[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: Budinger would give the Hornets another player who can spread the floor. With Peja Stojakovic on the decline, Budinger's combination of athleticism and shooting wouldbe welcome.

22.gif
[/td] [td]
dal.gif

Dallas
[/td] [td]
19220.jpg

Terrence Williams
Height: 6-6
Weight: 213
School: Louisville[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Mavs have been willing to take a chance on big-time athletes with a questionable background. It worked for them with Josh Howard and it might work again with Williams. He has lottery talent, and if he can focusand improve that jump shot, he could be a long-term replacement for JerryStackhouse.

23.gif
[/td] [td]
sac.gif

Sacramento
(via Houston)

[/td] [td]
19144.jpg

Omri Casspi
Height: 6-9
Weight: 211

Analysis: The Kings have a lot of offensive weapons. What they lack is toughness. Casspi has the same blue-collar appeal that Andres Nocioni brings to the table, and the Kings can save some cash by leaving Casspioverseas to develop for a few years.

24.gif
[/td] [td]
por.gif

Portland
[/td] [td]
19034.jpg

Ty Lawson
Height: 6-1
Weight: 199
School: North Carolina[/td] [/tr][/table]
Analysis: The Blazers are looking at trading this pick. But if they keep it, they can add a point guard who is battle-proven.Lawson's shooting ability and speed would come in handy in Portland.

25.gif
[/td] [td]
okc.gif

Oklahoma City
(via San Antonio)

[/td] [td]
19171.jpg

Gani Lawal
Weight: 229
School: Georgia Tech[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Thunder would love to get a true center, but no one worth gambling on is expected to be available at this point in the draft.Lawal is raw, but he's an athlete and a proven rebounder who could provide energy off the bench.

26.gif
[/td] [td]
chi.gif

Chicago
(via Denver)

[/td] [td]
19172.jpg

DaJuan Summers
Weight: 243
School: Georgetown[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Summers is an NBA athlete and a good scorer whose game really slipped toward the end of the season. More and more, NBA scouts areprojecting him as a 4 in the league. He's not a great rebounder, but he could give the Bulls some much-needed offense down low. Based on talent, he couldgo much higher, and he's a value pick for the Bulls here.

27.gif
[/td] [td]
mem.gif

Memphis
(via Orlando)

[/td] [td]
19234.jpg

Sam Young
Weight: 223
School: Pittsburgh[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: Young has been terrific the past two years in Pittsburgh and should be able to immediately come in and contribute to theGrizzlies as both an athletic scorer and defender to back up O.J. Mayo and Rudy Gay.

28.gif
[/td] [td]
min.gif

Minnesota
(via Boston)

[/td] [td]
19079.jpg

Darren Collison
Weight: 166
School: UCLA[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: If the Wolves pass on a point guard twice in the draft, don't expect them to do it again. Collison is a steal this late inthe draft. He's a veteran who can play both up-tempo or in the grind-it-out, half-court game. His defense and shooting could eventually put him in theposition to dethrone Sebastian Telfair.

29.gif
[/td] [td]
lal.gif

L.A. Lakers
[/td] [td]
nba_i_douglas_65.jpg

Toney Douglas
Weight: 184
School: Florida State[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Lakers have issues at point guard, and eventually they'll have to find a replacement for Derek Fisher. Douglas can play a similar role as a clutch shooter and a terrific on-the-balldefender.

30.gif
[/td] [td]
cle.gif

Cleveland
[/td] [td]
19277.jpg

DeMarre Carroll
Height: 6-8
Weight: 208
School: Missouri[/td] [/tr][/table]

Analysis: The Cavs could lose both Ben Wallace and Anderson Varejao this summer. Carroll isn't as big as those guys, but he's got thesame sort of frantic energy that made them so successful. He's a blue-collar worker who would fit in well with what the Cavs do.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

According to the Sacramento Bee's AileneVoisin

"One of the more interesting tidbits of information coming out of the pre-draft workouts the last two days in Oakland is word that the agent for Spanish point guard Ricky Rubiois suddenly amenable to participating in interviews and individuals workouts with a select number of teams - the Memphis Grizzlies, Oklahoma City Thunder and Kings. Sources told me that, at this point, Rubio's agent,Dan Fegan, is limiting the visits to the teams with draft picks2-4. Given the fact that Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn are moving up on most mock draft boards, this makes sense. Plus, Rubio didn't play particularly wellin his season finale. Holiday is expected to return to Sacramento for a second workout, Tyreke Evans is scheduled towork out here next week, and Flynn shortly thereafter. Since the Kings have been unusually accommodating to the media this year - inthe past, the team refused to reveal which prospects were working out, and allowed no media access to the workouts - this should be a very interesting fewweeks."

Well I guess he doesn't mind going to any city after all.

laugh.gif
This Hansbrough/Griffin debate... Oh my God...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Tyler Hansbrough, regardless of what those workout numbers say, isn't on Blake's level athletically. He's not close. Watch the game. Tylerisn't as physically imposing as Blake Griffin is. And he's certainly not more skilled... Tyler can't bulldoze dudes in the NBA and he'sdefinitely not getting the treatment from officials he got in college...

There's no damn comparison, not even close...

Back
Top Bottom