Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

i really hope the clippers dont mess this one up. they know what their needs are so i hope they fill that role = low block bruiser/rebounder/scorer in blakegriffin. memphis has made solid picks over the years but im not sure if thabeet or rubio is what they need. it'd be dumb to pass up on potential but i wontbe surprised if they pick jordan hill at #2. okc lacks size and a post threat, so if thabeet or jordan hill is available, they will go for either one. sac townobviously needs a point guard but what happens if tyeke evans or harden falls here? washington has a solid guard core. id like to see them try and get someoneto shore up the front line because brendan haywood and etan thomas just dont seem to work (plus they hate each other).

as for the lakers
laugh.gif

lamar and trevor are free agents. i see them using that first round pick on a sf or pf

Originally Posted by SOLEin1

Yo Patty Mills worked out for the warriors yesterday.
Anyone a fan? My gf goes to school with him. Her roommate's boyfriend. lol
I'm a fan. Everyone loves to hype Rubio because "he held his own" against the U.S. in the Olympics at 17 years old. Well Patty Millsdestroyed the U.S. on one occasion and played very well against them on another occasion, that is a little better than "holding his own"...and he iswhat 1.5 years older than Rubio? Mills will be a steal.

Originally Posted by SOLEin1

Yo Patty Mills worked out for the warriors yesterday.
Anyone a fan? My gf goes to school with him. Her roommate's boyfriend. lol

if he's smashin' her roommate, he's smashin' your girl too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

What's hilarious to me is that none of the great career stats and accomplishments he's pointing out change the fact that teams were more scared of Ed Davis come tournament time than they were of
Hansbrough.
laugh.gif

Hansbrough was a good player who (albeit unorthodoxically) knew how to score pretty well in college. Problem is, most of what he does won't fly in the NBA. He's not going to be able to awkwardly flail his way through traffic without 1) getting stripped, 2)getting an offensive foul called. All those free throws he shot in college? Not gonna happen in the league. Those awkward shots he flips up after contact are about all he's got. He is also a great shooter for a big man, I'll give him that. But teams aren't going to want their PF to chill and shoot 15 footers all day.

BTW he's not touching 20 ppg if he plays with a bunch of scrubs/not on UNC. He got ticky tack calls for DAYS and as far as I know set the all time free throw record in the ACC.
Also, no knock on TH...but, IMO if you take Hansbrough off that UNC team, they STILL win the Nat'l championship.

I gotta give this dude manamazing55 some credit...for as moronic as his arguments are, he goes down swinging
laugh.gif
He can probably find a way to convincehimself that Ed Cota was the best pure PG to ever grace college hoops. Also, stop relying strictly on those testing #'s. If they were as valid as YOUthink, then Hansbrough would be a lock as a top 3 pick. He's nowhere near in the same ballpark as Blake Griffin....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

What's hilarious to me is that none of the great career stats and accomplishments he's pointing out change the fact that teams were more scared of Ed Davis come tournament time than they were of
Hansbrough.
laugh.gif

Hansbrough was a good player who (albeit unorthodoxically) knew how to score pretty well in college. Problem is, most of what he does won't fly in the NBA. He's not going to be able to awkwardly flail his way through traffic without 1) getting stripped, 2)getting an offensive foul called. All those free throws he shot in college? Not gonna happen in the league. Those awkward shots he flips up after contact are about all he's got. He is also a great shooter for a big man, I'll give him that. But teams aren't going to want their PF to chill and shoot 15 footers all day.

BTW he's not touching 20 ppg if he plays with a bunch of scrubs/not on UNC. He got ticky tack calls for DAYS and as far as I know set the all time free throw record in the ACC.
Also, no knock on TH...but, IMO if you take Hansbrough off that UNC team, they STILL win the Nat'l championship.

I gotta give this dude manamazing55 some credit...for as moronic as his arguments are, he goes down swinging
laugh.gif
He can probably find a way to convince himself that Ed Cota was the best pure PG to ever grace college hoops. Also, stop relying strictly on those testing #'s. If they were as valid as YOU think, then Hansbrough would be a lock as a top 3 pick. He's nowhere near in the same ballpark as Blake Griffin....

naw, just top 3 in assists in NCAA history, no big deal haha.

I think the issue that could end this argument is what do you expect from Hansbrough. Ive always said, I dont expect him to ever be an all star. I expect himto start coming off the bench, be an energy guy who knocks down shots, plays hard and doesnt hurt your team while he's on the floor.

I think the problem is, some of you think he's straight garbage and won't get run and are accussing me of saying hes a Hall of Famer.

I dont put so much credit into the tests, my point is, the test do at least discredit this notion that he's some slow, plodding white guy. Griffin is thebetter athlete, how many times do I have to post that? I just find it interesting that they are essentially the same size, and Tyler is faster even ifmarginally.

Originally Posted by CJ003

the handjob vs. Blake debate on athleticism is pretty easy to end, imo. has anyone ever seen IN GAME tyler make an athletic move that makes you go
eek.gif
. no really anyone?

at the same time just go to youtube and type in blake griffin dunk, about a million athletic dunks will show up.

im sure hansborough COULD make an athletic play based on his numbers at the combine, but he hasn't in a game during his 4 YEAR career at unc!...until then I will not consider him athletic.

wow, its amazing that a kid could score as many points as he did, and win as many games as he did, against, according to most of you much superior athletes.How did he do that?

"at the same time just go to youtube and type in blake griffin dunk, about a million athletic dunks will show up. "

Type in "James White" on youtube and you will too? Thats great.

Like ive said a few times, I think Griffin will be good, but to act like he's a shoe in to the HOF and an all star perennially is a little premature. Hehas ALOT of work to do. The key to guarding him is not letting him catch it low. He can't shoot.

James Harden blurb from nbadraft.net

No projected lottery player was more surprising at the combine than James Harden. Many scouting reports on Harden say that he's not athletic, but hisresults say otherwise. First, he recorded a 37" vertical and reached the same maximum height (11'8.5") as Blake Griffin. Second, he ran a 3.13sprint, which was only one hundredth behind speedster Ty Lawson, and repped 17 on the bench press. It's been reported that the Thunder are considering himat #3. With no more reservations about his athleticism, is this enough for Harden to leapfrog Rubio?

hmmmmm......I thought the tests were just tests with no real bearing on a players athleticism?

I was also surprised at Harden's sprint and vertical. He never really shows his speed in games as much. He definitely won't go top 2, maybe 3 though ifthats what they meant by him going over Rubio.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehhhh, I see what manamazing55 is getting at, and he is kinda right.
sick.gif
But as you and I'm sure everyone else (not counting manamazing) knows that those combine #'s have little to NO bearing on how these guyslook and perform in a GAME situation. Tyler Hansbrough can test w. a 46 inch vert and a 5.1 second shuttle run...but you know exactly what you're gettingfrom him (and his limitations) when he steps foot on the basketball court.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by dreClark

Ehhhh, I see what manamazing55 is getting at, and he is kinda right.
sick.gif
But as you and I'm sure everyone else (not counting manamazing) knows that those combine #'s have little to NO bearing on how these guys look and perform in a GAME situation. Tyler Hansbrough can test w. a 46 inch vert and a 5.1 second shuttle run...but you know exactly what you're getting from him (and his limitations) when he steps foot on the basketball court.

its no different than how high school kids are judged when entering schools. SAT scores are used to weed out the poor students but it doesnt mean thatsomeone with a 1300 SAT score is necessarily more capable than someone with a 900 score but they have to have a baseline to group kids.

And youre right, GAME performance is more indicative. Luckily for Hansbrough, the dude excelled for 4 years, accomplished everything possible and ended as aCHAMPION.

Many posters on here with opinions follow the same M.O., when the stats prove you wrong you discredit them, and when they prove you correct, you embrace them

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I was also surprised at Harden's sprint and vertical. He never really shows his speed in games as much. He definitely won't go top 2, maybe 3 though if thats what they meant by him going over Rubio.
There's always a couple surprises. Last year Eric Gordon recorded a 40 I think. Jordan Farmar had the highest vert in his class. Thedifference is can they use all that athleticism?

Gerald Henderson/Iggy/etc. make the most of his athleticism, while guys like Ben Gordon/Eric Gordon/etc. don't or can't. In what I've seen fromHarden, his game is not based on using his athleticism and he's definitely not explosive. These numbers might bait someone into reaching for him. He'sgoing to be good, but not because of his athleticism.

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I was also surprised at Harden's sprint and vertical. He never really shows his speed in games as much. He definitely won't go top 2, maybe 3 though if thats what they meant by him going over Rubio.
There's always a couple surprises. Last year Eric Gordon recorded a 40 I think. Jordan Farmar had the highest vert in his class. The difference is can they use all that athleticism?

Gerald Henderson/Iggy/etc. make the most of his athleticism, while guys like Ben Gordon/Eric Gordon/etc. don't or can't. In what I've seen from Harden, his game is not based on using his athleticism and he's definitely not explosive. These numbers might bait someone into reaching for him. He's going to be good, but not because of his athleticism.
Eric Gordon's vertical should have been no surprise. One of his most publicized attributes was his athleticism coming out of HS. I think EricGordon uses his athleticism very well.

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

This thread has seemingly turned from an NBA pre-draft thread into a Tyler Hansborough and Blake Griffin thread...
How about North Carolina Off-Season Thread?

^
for the good of the thread, ill stop the convo from my end. Its always fun to discuss players and what they may or may not do on the next level.

Keep it going guys

Eric Gordon's vertical should have been no surprise. One of his most publicized attributes was his athleticism coming out of HS. I think Eric Gordon uses his athleticism very well.
Funny You Bring this up cus I can remember when NUmerous NTers were sayign Eric Gordon, Ben Gordon and Ray Allen were justAverage Athletically

laugh.gif

thinkin on that always gives me a good laugh

Could be an interesting draft night....

The most likely trade partner for the Suns is the Washington Wizards who have some good young talent on the roster as well as having the #5 pick in the upcoming draft. The Wizards have several players the Suns would be interested in, including Caron Butler, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, JaValee McGee and of course the pick. Washington could use the athleticism and size of Stoudemire up front to team with Antwan Jamison and a healthy Gilbert Arenas and give the Wizards a formidable threesome to contend in the East.

The Suns could get back a solid player in Butler, a young player with talent to groom and a top-5 pick with which to grab another young player and start the rebuilding process. This is as important an offseason as Phoenix has had since they brought in Nash and Quentin Richardson five years ago. While trading Stoudemire seems to be all but a given, the Suns absolutely must get back quality and quantity to justify the move. And in that scenario, Washington might just have the upper hand on making a deal happen.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1175731&nid=624

Back
Top Bottom