Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

doesnt butler have another 4 years on his contract?
and butler with richardson? add nash in, those two would be raining 3s all day long.

Originally Posted by SOLEin1

Yo Patty Mills worked out for the warriors yesterday.
Anyone a fan? My gf goes to school with him. Her roommate's boyfriend. lol

if he's smashing her roommate, he's smashing your girl too.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Could be an interesting draft night....

The most likely trade partner for the Suns is the Washington Wizards who have some good young talent on the roster as well as having the #5 pick in the upcoming draft. The Wizards have several players the Suns would be interested in, including Caron Butler, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, JaValee McGee and of course the pick. Washington could use the athleticism and size of Stoudemire up front to team with Antwan Jamison and a healthy Gilbert Arenas and give the Wizards a formidable threesome to contend in the East.

The Suns could get back a solid player in Butler, a young player with talent to groom and a top-5 pick with which to grab another young player and start the rebuilding process. This is as important an offseason as Phoenix has had since they brought in Nash and Quentin Richardson five years ago. While trading Stoudemire seems to be all but a given, the Suns absolutely must get back quality and quantity to justify the move. And in that scenario, Washington might just have the upper hand on making a deal happen.

http://ktar.com/?sid=1175731&nid=624

a frontline of Jamison-Haywood-Stoudemire would be pretty good

Originally Posted by manamazing55

The most likely trade partner for the Suns is the Washington Wizards who have some good young talent on the roster as well as having the #5 pick in the upcoming draft. The Wizards have several players the Suns would be interested in, including Caron Butler, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, JaValee McGee and of course the pick. Washington could use the athleticism and size of Stoudemire up front to team with Antwan Jamison and a healthy Gilbert Arenas and give the Wizards a formidable threesome to contend in the East.

The Suns could get back a solid player in Butler, a young player with talent to groom and a top-5 pick with which to grab another young player and start the rebuilding process. This is as important an offseason as Phoenix has had since they brought in Nash and Quentin Richardson five years ago. While trading Stoudemire seems to be all but a given, the Suns absolutely must get back quality and quantity to justify the move. And in that scenario, Washington might just have the upper hand on making a deal happen.

laugh.gif
You don't quit do you?

Haywood is BUNS. Everyone in DC knows this.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I was also surprised at Harden's sprint and vertical. He never really shows his speed in games as much. He definitely won't go top 2, maybe 3 though if thats what they meant by him going over Rubio.
There's always a couple surprises. Last year Eric Gordon recorded a 40 I think. Jordan Farmar had the highest vert in his class. The difference is can they use all that athleticism?

Gerald Henderson/Iggy/etc. make the most of his athleticism, while guys like Ben Gordon/Eric Gordon/etc. don't or can't. In what I've seen from Harden, his game is not based on using his athleticism and he's definitely not explosive. These numbers might bait someone into reaching for him. He's going to be good, but not because of his athleticism.
Eric Gordon's vertical should have been no surprise. One of his most publicized attributes was his athleticism coming out of HS. I think Eric Gordon uses his athleticism very well.
When he tested better than DRose and Mayo in the vert and 3/4 court sprint drills, that WAS a surprise. Nobody really considered him on theirlevel athletically before the combine.

Ben Gordon really doesn't use his athleticism. He lives off jumpers and floaters.

laugh.gif
You don't quit do you?

what are you talking about dont quit? Has he not been their starting center unless injured?

I was also surprised at Harden's sprint and vertical. He never really shows his speed in games as much. He definitely won't go top 2, maybe 3 though if thats what they meant by him going over Rubio.
There's always a couple surprises. Last year Eric Gordon recorded a 40 I think. Jordan Farmar had the highest vert in his class. The difference is can they use all that athleticism?

Gerald Henderson/Iggy/etc. make the most of his athleticism, while guys like Ben Gordon/Eric Gordon/etc. don't or can't. In what I've seen from Harden, his game is not based on using his athleticism and he's definitely not explosive. These numbers might bait someone into reaching for him. He's going to be good, but not because of his athleticism.
Eric Gordon's vertical should have been no surprise. One of his most publicized attributes was his athleticism coming out of HS. I think Eric Gordon uses his athleticism very well.
When he tested better than DRose and Mayo in the vert and 3/4 court sprint drills, that WAS a surprise. Nobody really considered him on their level athletically before the combine.

Ben Gordon really doesn't use his athleticism. He lives off jumpers and floaters.
Yah ok.
laugh.gif

Ben Gordon doesn't use his athleticism? Some of the comments in here are just obviously by guys who dream of being athletic

Patty Mills to the Warriors would be a good move for the hometown fans....but would make them the smallest backcourt in basketball

Not gonna happen

I dont know, I wouldnt want to trade away Butler. Am I the only one?

laugh.gif
You don't quit do you?

what are you talking about dont quit? Has he not been their starting center unless injured?
I'm talking about your UNC homering...

He's split the job with Etan Thomas...who is also buns and most people in DC want out too. Everyone in the area rejoiced when they find out McGee couldplay...because it signals the end of the Haywood/Thomas era.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

When he tested better than DRose and Mayo in the vert and 3/4 court sprint drills, that WAS a surprise. Nobody really considered him on their level athletically before the combine.

Yah ok.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He does though. 39 inch vert and he rarely finishes abovethe rim.

Yah ok.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He does though. 39 inch vert and he rarely finishes above the rim.

BG is 6'1 WITH a jumpshot... Why would he try to finish above the rim more often? That would more than likely lead to him shooting 35% per season andriding the bench.

As far as the Ben Gordon, Ray Allen and Eric Gordon athleticism talk goes, it's not that they aren't very good athletically speaking (because theyare).

It's just that they don't showcase or rely on their athleticism like other players. Just me though.

laugh.gif
You don't quit do you?

I'm talking about your UNC homering...

He's split the job with Etan Thomas...who is also buns and most people in DC want out too. Everyone in the area rejoiced when they find out McGee could play...because it signals the end of the Haywood/Thomas era.

Brendan will never even sniff the all star game but he's a pretty decent true center. He gives you a presence in the middle and can block/alter shots. NotEVERY player on your starting 5 can be a star.

I wouldnt put much credence in what people of DC want, they havent had a winner in so long they dont remember what they look like. This coming from me, adiehard ******** fan
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Yah ok.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
He does though. 39 inch vert and he rarely finishes above the rim.

BG is 6'1 WITH a jumpshot... Why would he try to finish above the rim more often? That would more than likely lead to him shooting 35% per season and riding the bench.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying he isn't athletic. I'm saying he doesn't rely on his athleticism. He makeshis living with his jump shot and floaters in the lane. He could still put up his 20 points a night with a 30 in. vert. That's the comparison I was tryingto make with Harden. Harden is polished offensively. He'll put up the same numbers with a 37 or a 30.

Somebody like Gerald Henderson relies on his athleticism. You take away 9 in. off his vert and he's not even in the league.

Originally Posted by yungmatt

BG is 6'1 WITH a jumpshot... Why would he try to finish above the rim more often? That would more than likely lead to him shooting 35% per season and riding the bench.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm not saying he isn't athletic. I'm saying he doesn't rely on his athleticism. He makes his living with his jump shot and floaters in the lane. He could still put up his 20 points a night with a 30 in. vert. That's the comparison I was trying to make with Harden. Harden is polished offensively. He'll put up the same numbers with a 37 or a 30.

Somebody like Gerald Henderson relies on his athleticism. You take away 9 in. off his vert and he's not even in the league.

O ok I see what you mean now.

stop with the pyramids please? its making this page look alot longer then it actually is...
and haywood is not garbage like you make him seem. with a HEALTHY agent 0 and haywood inserted back into the starting lineup, that team is straight up
sick.gif
sick.gif

im not from dc, but im pretty sure anyone would rejoice if mcgee could play. who wouldnt want a talented young center to backup their starting center?

Originally Posted by BangDak

stop with the pyramids please? its making this page look alot longer then it actually is...
and haywood is not garbage like you make him seem. with a HEALTHY agent 0 and haywood inserted back into the starting lineup, that team is straight up
sick.gif
sick.gif

im not from dc, but im pretty sure anyone would rejoice if mcgee could play. who wouldnt want a talented young center to backup their starting center?

I guarantee you if polled everybody in this area who they would want to start RIGHT NOW...McGee would come out on top. Even when he came back at the end of theseason people in the stands were mad as hell when he started taking McGee's minutes. He's still raw around the edges but he's already talentedenough to start over Haywood. Haywood's a bum...he only got his starting job back when that other bum Etan got hurt.

wasn't haywood injured the whole damn season....if hes healthy he'll obviously take back his starting position.
wouldn't a starting lineup of agent 0, caron, jamison, mcgee+haywood be even better?
oh well, enough of this. no need to clutter this thread with wizard's offseason moves. maybe create one?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

I dont know, I wouldnt want to trade away Butler. Am I the only one?
Hell no, dump Tawn before Butler. Jamison and Amare play the same position. I would love for them to pull this trade off, we need this in DC. Andif PHX is willing to take that bum Blatche off our hands it would be even sweeter. I disagree with yall saying people in DC would pick McGee over Haywood. YesMcGee has more upside but Brendan's IQ is way higher than Javales RIGHT NOW. Javale picks up some of the dumbest fouls and gets lost playing defense waytoo often so I'd take Brendan today. But with his injury history who knows how long he'll hold up.

Back
Top Bottom