Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

this fool better turn his %*@ around and come back to school. i'm gonna be on suicide watch today...
smh.gif

He is a 1st rounder next year if he can do what Garcia did for Louisville in his last year.

For one, keep his mouth shut. Two, lead Maryland consistently in the ACC with patience and shoot better than 40% from the field.

He's got all the tools, but he thinks and acts like he's better than he actually is.
I gotta agree w. that 100%....however I do think the last PG taken in round 1 will come down between Vasquez and Calathes...

speaking of UMD/Vasquez, what's the word on Lance Stephenson???
nerd.gif
Iguess he wants that FA money like Hedo

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

T'Wolves want Thabeet at 2?

Hmmm

Gay or Conley + 2 for Love + 6?
No way Kahn gives up Love
ohwell.gif

If we do go through a trade it will involve the 3 picks we have in the first round (#6,#18,#28) and hopefully not a young, promising player like Love.

I kind of like that trade you proposed above though...

PG- Possibly Conley/Telfair
SG- Possibly Rudy Gay/Foye
SF- Miller/Possibly Rudy Gay
PF- Jefferson
C- Thabeet

Off the bench would be Foye/Telfair, Brewer, and Gomes.

That would definitely be interesting
eek.gif

Maybe Love is expendable. If we get Thabeet then Jefferson could move back to his natural spot PF and we could insert Thabeet at the C spot. We reallywouldn't be losing much...Love is a great rebounder though. He'll be near the top of the league in rebounding for years to come, I guarantee it.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

T'Wolves want Thabeet at 2?

Hmmm

Gay or Conley + 2 for Love + 6?
No way Kahn gives up Love
ohwell.gif

If we do go through a trade it will involve the 3 picks we have in the first round (#6,#18,#28) and hopefully not a young, promising player like Love.

I kind of like that trade you proposed above though...

PG- Possibly Conley/Telfair
SG- Possibly Rudy Gay/Foye
SF- Miller/Possibly Rudy Gay
PF- Jefferson
C- Thabeet

Off the bench would be Foye/Telfair, Brewer, and Gomes.

That would definitely be interesting
eek.gif

Maybe Love is expendable. If we get Thabeet then Jefferson could move back to his natural spot PF and we could insert Thabeet at the C spot. We really wouldn't be losing much...Love is a great rebounder though. He'll be near the top of the league in rebounding for years to come, I guarantee it.
The Grizzlies would welcome Love's rebounding (finished last this past season).

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

*Nick Calathes measurements: 6-4 ½ in shoes, 193 pounds, 6-4 ½ wingspan. Hand size 9 ¼, Standing reach 8-3, No step vert 10-1 ½, with step 10-4

Am I reading this right? A few paragraphs above, it said that Paul Harris had a 36 inch no-step vert....now it says Calathes has a 10-1 1/2 no step?
eek.gif
smh.gif
that can't be right, can it? Someone explain this...

Without a step, he jumps a inch and half higher than rim and with a step 4 inches higher.

One agent could deliver 2 point guards to Sixers

By PHIL JASNER
Philadelphia Daily News
[email protected]

Premise: The 76ers very much need a point guard.

Reality: They do not have one on their current roster, but Andy Miller represents two who could be very much in the mix for the coming season.

And that begs a question: Is Andy Miller serving as the agent for unrestricted free agent Andre Miller and Virginia Commonwealth draft prospect Eric Maynor anuncomfortable or cumbersome situation for anyone?

"It's a great situation for me," said Maynor, the two-time Colonial Athletic Association Player of the Year who was among five draft candidatesworking out yesterday for the Sixers at Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine.

If Andre Miller, arguably the team's most important player this season, were to re-sign, Maynor said: "Andre's an older guy [33], so if it meantcoming in to the league and learning from somebody who has done it all, that would be great."

Andy Miller is already in the unique position of also representing the Sixers' Marreese Speights and unrestricted free agent Donyell Marshall, and said ifMaynor and Andre Miller were to somehow land here he would view it as, "Eric being tutored by Andre would be a great opportunity that would add toAndre's legacy."

"I would welcome having a young guy with a mentor I trust," Andy Miller said.

Maynor showcased himself yesterday in a group with Lester Hudson, Tennessee-Martin; Jermaine Taylor, Central Florida; Jeff Teague, Wake Forest; and StefonJackson, Texas-El Paso, via Martin Luther King High and Lutheran Christian Academy. Jackson was back for a second time, largely to help fill out the field thatended up being depleted by the absence of Maryland's Greivis Vasquez, who tweaked an ankle during a weekend workout session in New Jersey in front of 23teams. Early entries Teague and Vasquez have until today to decide whether to remain in the draft pool or return to college.

"You've got guys that are very talented that they're looking at; just to be in the bunch, it means something," Maynor said. "You justcome in here and do what you do best, and I think I did that . . . I want to go somewhere I can win, somewhere I can contribute. If that's starting, thenso be it. If that's backing somebody up for a little bit, I can do that also."

Originally Posted by JPZx

Ya'll should've kept him when you had him then..!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
He would've been the safe pick, but it wouldn't hurt to haveboth him and OJ.

Thabeet is a much better fit next to Jefferson than Love. With Love and Gasol, Memphis would have two post players that can pass, score, rebound and defend.Memphis can either pick up Curry / Harden / Evans / Derozan with the 6th pick and be set.

In other news via draftexpress...

Ricky Rubio will keep his name in the draft, his agent Dan Fegan told DraftExpress. Clearly the rift between Rubio and his Spanish team DKV Joventut is too deep to mend at this point, and with the team strapped for cash and not playing in next year's Euroleague, that does not appear to be a situation that Rubio is interested in returning to.

Rubio lands in Los Angles today and will begin to evaluate his options regarding who he may work out with. At this point, the Sacramento Kings are the only team that are certain to get a visit. Memphis and Oklahoma City are not on the agenda as of now, and it's not yet clear whether they will be added. Other teams who are looking to move up in the draft may get a chance to visit with Rubio, depending on their interest level and the likelihood of them brokering a deal with a team like the Grizzlies or Thunder.

But, this Spanish article says he landed in Atlanta and his first visit will be Memphis: (sorry for the bad translation)

http://www.as.com/baloncesto/articulo/balo...dasdaibal_3/Tes
I aimed at me the Draft, but that does not signify that finish playing in the NBA this year. I have the option to remain me in the DKV Joventut; I have contract, and it I rule out for no motive". Ricky Blond had left the clear in Badalona, few hours before flying to the United States to carry out a voyage by the cities that could be its new house. That, if it finishes for liking him an adventure that does not it seem as seductive as they painted in the NBA, after their Olympic exhibition in Beijing' 08.

Rubio landed in Atlanta, since where left toward its first destiny: Memphis. Then they will come Oklahoma City, Sacrament and New York. The problem is that, except the Knicks of this last one, the other possibilities do not seduce to Ricky neither to their environment.

During the last days, the dark green base, of 18 years, has gone losing positions in the forecasts of the Draft, whose stop of inscription concludes exactly this early morning. Players as Tyreke Evans, James Harden, Demar DeRozan or Hasheem Thabeet have risen in the forecasts, damaging its options. Because if Blonde does not leave among the three first he would be the impossible to pay his cancellation clause that, besides, he denounced some days ago. Ricky will return to The Masnou on the 20, five days before the Draft. The 25, again to New York to know the result. It depends on how go, would be able to finish renouncing.

what does everyone think of jack mcclinton? my boy swears he's going undrafted.. I think he's worth a 2nd rounder.. or am i buggin?

i think in an uptempo offense he can get buckets in the league..

Originally Posted by thetruth03

what does everyone think of jack mcclinton? my boy swears he's going undrafted.. I think he's worth a 2nd rounder.. or am i buggin?
Didn't the Knicks just say a week or two ago that they want to buy a late pick in the first round just so they can guarantee they getMcClinton?
EDIT: Yeah Here I found a link..
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/International-Blog/#Reebok-Eurocamp-Day-Two-3251
http://www.draftexpress.com/bl...urocamp-Day-Two-3251

-Mike D'Antoni's New York Knicks apparently taking a strong liking to senior Jack McClinton, to the point that they could try to buy a pick in the late first round to ensure they land his services.

Originally Posted by KL9

Can someone tell me when the draft is?
embarassed.gif
ohwell.gif
June 25th

that report was about McClinton...but they want to buy a pick regardless.

i'd doubt Walsh goes along with taking him in Round 1

There's also a lot of buzz that Stephen Curry has moved up to the no.1 spot on the Grizzlies draft board. The team has been impressed with him so far, so Ican't see them picking him at 2. More than likely a trade would go down (like the Twolves deal) where Memphis would pick him up.

Safe to say curry is as good as gone for NYK.

gona have to move up to get him. stand pat and take Flynn.

IMO, right now it seems Curry's gona find himself in the top 5. with a team there or through trade.

-Mike D'Antoni's New York Knicks apparently taking a strong liking to senior Jack McClinton, to the point that they could try to buy a pick in the late first round to ensure they land his services.
and his workouts have been good for the most part i believe.

link?
My previous post.

I'm glad we aren't one of the teams interested in Curry
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

IMO, right now it seems Curry's gona find himself in the top 5. with a team there or through trade.
Flynn would be a great pick for the NYK....a little bit better than Curry in my opinion. I think Flynn will be a far better player than Curry whenit's all said and done with....but in the Knicks system Steph would excel. I believe Flynn will be a better pick in the long run though.

and his workouts have been good for the most part i believe.

That's what I was thinking. The guy has been impressing so far and I believe he will drop no lower than 6.

i honestly don't know if i see a Star player outside Blake. (discounting Rubio, i havent seen him play)

but; Flynn and Harden will be damn good IMO. Jeff Teague is becoming the most undervalued player in this draft, too.

Earl Clark could go on both lists.

busts; Jennings, Derozan and Lawson.

Looks like airmaxpenny1 is gonna get his wish.

B/c as I remember, and I quote "Steph is a !#+%+%* bum"

Back
Top Bottom