Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Keep Kevin Love and dump Al Jefferson... Mike, you're better than that...

im not saying buil around love my point was your not going to win %!$* with AL jeffeson as your superstar.

Can someone enlighten me to these "issues" that Terrence Williams has? He a booze bag or something?

Also, Chad Ford is a douche. That is all.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

im not saying buil around love my point was your not going to win %!$* with AL jeffeson as your superstar.
They need another piece...maybe drafting Mayo would of did that. O wait.....
eyes.gif

I do agree with Mike on his Jeff Green opinion tho

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

They need another piece...maybe drafting Mayo would of did that. O wait.....
eyes.gif

I do agree with Mike on his Jeff Green opinion tho

Exactly. He needs a perimeter star to play with him. That's why I didn't understand why they made the trade. They won't win anything with Love andJefferson. They will win with OJ and Jefferson and other pieces around them.

They made the trade cause there was no way OJ wanted to be in Minnesota, and was no way he would stay when his contract was up anyway...Damn whiny athletes.It's the NBA...Be greatful.

^^ takes a look at the recent TWolves draft history
passed on Noah, Thornton, and Stuckey in '07...which we can all agree are better than Brewer
passed on Gay in '06
passed on Granger in '05...nearly everybody did
forfeit pick in '04...i think cause of the Joe Smith thing right
nerd.gif

passed on Barbosa,Howard and Perkins in '03

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That's all fine and dandy, but are you gonna win anything with Kevin Love as your superstar? Ain't either one of them dudes #1 guys...

And I don't think they're going anywhere with BOTH of them either... Al isn't a center... Those two guys don't fit together well.. I think Alis the better player now and long term, so you keep him and trade Love to move up if you can... If you can get Rudy Gay in the process? Hell yeah you make thatdeal...

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

They made the trade cause there was no way OJ wanted to be in Minnesota, and was no way he would stay when his contract was up anyway...Damn whiny athletes. It's the NBA...Be greatful.

That wasn't the issue. If that was the issue, he wouldn't have went to Memphis either. I know Minnesota wasn't that scared where they traded himaway becasue he didn't want to be there. I hate hearing rumors about a player doesn't want to be in a certain city. He will be there as long ashe's getting paid and having the chance to showcase their talent. Now, the reason for them doing the deal was because OJ didn't want to compete withall those guards on the Twolves roster for a starting spot.

And I don't think they're going anywhere with BOTH of them either... Al isn't a center... Those two guys don't fit together well.. I think Al is the better player now and long term, so you keep him and trade Love to move up if you can... If you can get Rudy Gay in the process? Hell yeah you make that deal...
The deal with Gay added is a rip off to me. I would be surprise if Memphis offered that and would be extremely surprised if the Twolveswouldn't run with it. A 23-year old SF who can still be a great player in the league along with the no.2 pick? The Twolves would win that trade easily. TheONLY way Memphis comes close to offering something like that, they would give back Jaric's contract and have to take another solid player from Minnesota.

^ Nah, see that was a big issue. Him wanting or not wanting to play with Memphis was and is irrelevant. Minnesota would rather take Love than have to deal withOJ bickering so they let Memphis deal with it. Just because he didn't want to go to Minnesota has nothing to do with Minnesota letting the problems laywith Memphis. They weren't drafting him to sit the bench either.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ Nah, see that was a big issue. Him wanting or not wanting to play with Memphis was and is irrelevant. Minnesota would rather take Love than have to deal with OJ bickering so they let Memphis deal with it. Just because he didn't want to go to Minnesota has nothing to do with Minnesota letting the problems lay with Memphis. They weren't drafting him to sit the bench either.

Well Minnesota always had a chance at Roy and the problem would've been fixed.
laugh.gif

Al could easily eb the number 2 option on a contending team in a few years, especially with how weak big men are in this league right now.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
For Jeff Teague staying in school..
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Sike.

He's in the draft

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Al could easily eb the number 2 option on a contending team in a few years, especially with how weak big men are in this league right now.

I agree. The thing is, Minnesota has good cards they can play right now, if they do this right. If they can trade Love and get that # 2, plus a guy like Rudy,and draft either a Thabeet or Rubio, which is the two they'd probably decide on that's perfect. Sign Ben Gordon, a player they've wanted for awhilenow and you automatically have a young and exciting team. They have huge $$$ right now and if they can hold out for a second tier (probably won't get aLebron, Wade type player) in 2010 with that huge crop of FA talent, then your looking at a transition to a competitor in a short span.

Of course that is easier said than done, but they have plays in there pocket right now to make some huge improvements. Hopefully the make something happen.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Yep, just like Pau Gasol. Guy wasn't getting any love for no fans outside of the Grizz fanbase, but when he went to LAL he became a top 5 PF in theleague.
laugh.gif
You still can't build a team around him though.

Back
Top Bottom