Delete/Lock...Draft talk over in JPZ's thread....

POSTED: June 19 -- 1:39 p.m. ET

19272.jpg

Rubio​

Chad Ford: I get a lot of e-mails asking why Ricky Rubio is being so selectiveabout where he goes. They basically boil down to something like this one I received on Thursday:

"What gives Ricky Rubio the right to pick his teams? Everyone else in the draft is just trying to get drafted. Why does he think he can pick and choosewho drafts him?"

First of all, the idea that Rubio is the only one doing it is silly. James Harden has only worked outfor four teams. Even the Knicks couldn't get him in. Hasheem Thabeet will likely onlywork out for three. DeMarDeRozan has been really selective, and so has Stephen Curry.

But there's no question that Rubio has been even tougher. I spoke extensively with sources inside Rubio's camp to get a feel for what's going onthere. Here's what I know.

Only the Kings have a physical for Rubio. Only the Kings have actually seen his contract. And only the Kings have gotten a visit from Rubio. That couldchange with the possibility that Rubio could still meet with the Thunder and, less likely, the Grizzlies, but that's where things currently stand.

It's pretty simple as to why Rubio is being selective. He is going to have to pay a lot of money for the privilege to play in the NBA next season. Hisbuyout will cost him something between $5-7 million of his own money. That's a lot of money, especially when you consider that Rubio wasn't making aton of dough in Spain. He essentially will be signing over his paychecks for the next couple of years to his team in Spain.

Other players have had big buyouts as well, but there has never been anything like this for a draft prospect this high in the draft.

Rubio can always go back to Spain, play out the last two years of his contract and come to the NBA in 2011 without any buyout. However, he wants to play inthe NBA now if it's the right team, the right coach and the right situation for him to grow as a player. His camp knows that it's the second contract,not the first one, that matters. So trying to find the right fit for him has become paramount.

So you can understand why he's hesitant about Memphis. With Mike Conley and O.J. Mayo already there, along with a few horror stories he heard from hisbuddy Juan Carlos Navarro about sitting on the bench all season ... does he really want to play for the Grizzlies for free?

The Thunder are truly the wild card in all of this. Sam Presti plays things very close to the vest, but word is they've been sniffing around on Rubio,trying to get more info on his contract and get Rubio in for a visit. The Thunder do have an opening in their backcourt and, under Presti, have a pretty goodtrack record of developing their young players.

I think there's a little more uncertainty currently from the Thunder's side than from Rubio's side. If the Thunder really show they want him, myguess is that Rubio makes the trip to OKC. But everyone I speak to in the league believes that the Thunder are taking James Harden.

I still think Rubio has a shot at No. 3 either as the Thunder's pick or as part of a trade, but I have to concede that all signs point to Harden. Thenagain, last year at this time all signs in OKC pointed to the Thunder drafting Brook Lopez, not Russell Westbrook.

The Kings have an obvious hole at point guard on a young team. It seems to be the place his camp wants him to land. If the Kings draft him, I don'tthink there's any question that Rubio would pay the buyout and come. The question is, will the Kings draft him? I think the odds are in Rubio's favor,but it sounds like some in the organization still need to be convinced.

At No. 5, the Wizards have Gilbert Arenas already playing the 1 and the team is trying to be a serious contender. Could Rubio get lost in the shuffle there?Absolutely. I think the fact that the Wizards have been really shopping the pick also make them an unsure fit.

At No. 6, the Timberwolves need a point guard, but the team is in transition right now. They don't have a coach and they have a new GM who'slearning on the job. There are question marks everywhere in Minnesota right now.

And the Warriors at No. 7? They too could use a pass-first guard like Rubio. But Don Nelson is notoriously hard on rookies and hasn't shown much love tothe last few international kids to come their way (ask Marco Belinelli).

So you can understand why Team Rubio is taking a pretty cautious approach. If he's going to come to the NBA and pay that kind of money, it had better bea good fit for him and the team.

• Think the Timberwolves are looking for a point guard? They've got a huge workout today with most of the top point-guard prospects attending. Thismorning Jonny Flynn,Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Brandon Jennings, Jeff Teague and Nando De Colo are all grinding itout. Later in the afternoon, TyrekeEvans will be in the house.

However, the two guys highest on the Wolves' radar aren't there -- Ricky Rubio and Stephen Curry.

The Wolves have been talking to the Grizzlies about moving up in the draft for the No. 2 pick and a shot at Rubio. However, a deal isn't done yet andit's unclear whether Rubio's camp (which is being very selective about what team he plays for) wants anything to do with Minnesota.

Curry was supposed to shut down workouts after his visit with the Knicks, but since then he's worked out in Washington and is scheduled to be inSacramento on Saturday.

• The B.J. Mullens mystery continued with lots of speculation on Thursday that the Pistons had made a promise to him at No. 15. Not true, according toPistons sources. Mullens is under consideration there, but there are other players they like more.

The whole idea of promises seems to be falling flat this year. The truth is that most of the teams in the draft right now have four to five players they areconsidering. That's unusually high this close to the draft and it has created a lot of uncertainty.

Agents are scrambling to get a feel for where their players are landing, but most teams are shrugging their shoulders and telling them they just aren'tsure who they're taking yet. That's in large part because they don't know who will be there.

This draft, more than any other I've been around, is still totally open. I don't believe anyone has a promise, with one possible exception.Washington's JonBrockman hasn't worked out for anyone since pulling out of the NBA draft combine in Chicago. I don't know where the promise is or who madeit, but someone locked Brockman up early and we haven't heard from him since. I doubt it's a first-round promise. More likely, someone in the secondround guaranteed him a three-year deal slightly higher than the league minimum.

•I got a lot of questions about what I think about John Hollinger'sDraft Rater, like: Can the draft really be broken down by way of a statistical formula?

I'm not an expert on stats, but I can tell you that for most of the more sophisticated front offices in the league, statistical analysis plays a verysignificant role in the draft process. Teams like the Rockets, Mavericks, Celtics, Thunder, Spurs, Sixers, Nuggets (I could go on and on) may use slightlydifferent formulas and methodologies, but all of them are using statistical models to analyze the draft. For a handful of teams, what they find is a majorfactor in whom they choose to draft.

So if you're trying to understand the draft and get a handle on the whole picture, I highly recommend you read Hollinger's piece. The feedback I gotfrom around the league on it was that what Hollinger was finding is very close to what a number of NBA teams are finding, especially when it comes to the twokey players he singled out -- Ty Lawson and DeMar DeRozan.

Several NBA teams confirmed that their statistical models also had Lawson at or near the top and DeRozan at or near the bottom. Tyreke Evans is also aplayer who has gotten some boost from a statistical standpoint.

Obviously, like every model, it has its weaknesses and can't be the sole method for analyzing the draft. But it's a piece of the puzzle and, formore and more teams, a large one.

POSTED: June 18 -- 9:05 p.m. ET

2751.jpg

Ellis​

Chad Ford: Are the Warriors in danger of losing Monta Ellis? That was the gist of a story earlier in the week that claimed that the Warriors, in an effort to placate a disgruntled Ellis,flew to Memphis to meet with him and may have promised him that they wouldn't draft a playmaking point guard with the No. 7 pick.

Really? The Warriors are letting Ellis run the draft now?

I was pretty skeptical. However, I began hearing the same rumblings coming from Ellis' camp and in the past, the Warriors have done some crazythings.

So, I sought out Warriors GM Larry Riley to get a better feel for why they flew to Memphis to meet with Ellis and what was said. We spoke by phone onThursday ... just as Ellis addressed the situation on KNBR talk radio in the Bay Area.

Riley said that he and head coach Don Nelson have been meeting with every player on the team, debriefing what went down last season, and trying to get theentire team on the same page. He said they weren't meeting with Ellis because he was disgruntled or demanding a trade. It was in the course of interviewswith everyone on the team.

Ellis seemed to confirm that, laughing off a suggestion that he was on the verge of demanding out of Golden State. "I'm a Golden StateWarrior," Ellis said on KNBR. "I'm going to be a Warrior. Hopefully I'll retire a Warrior. I'm not thinking of leaving. It hasn'tcrossed my mind. I'm here to set the record straight. It never came from me. "

Did the Warriors make him a promise that they weren't going to draft a playmaking point guard? Riley was adamant that the topic never even came up.

"We did not make him a promise on who we're going to draft," Riley said. "There was none of that. There was no talk about not draftingparticular positions or particular players. Our talk was totally about our team and our staff and getting things moving in the right direction. We were tryingto get everyone on the same page."

Ellis' take on the meeting was similar. The meeting, according to Ellis, was about "me and Coach getting on the same page. Not going through whatwe went through last year. He's going to back me up and I'm going to back him up." Ellis said that the meeting was meant more to clear the air andrefocus everyone for next season. "Everyone has to be on the same page and that meeting put us on the same page."

Riley was upbeat about Ellis and the role he'll play next season. He said he and Nelson have asked Ellis and Stephen Jackson to take on a leadership role with the team. Doesa "leadership role" mean playing point guard?

Perhaps. "We told Monta that if we use you at the point, it's going to be your responsibility to get guys more involved," Riley said. "Wealso want you to help your teammates get off. He's ready to accept that role. Whether he's on the floor at 1 or 2, the important thing is to have himon the floor and let him do what he does the best."

So would the Warriors balk at drafting a point guard at No. 7? "If the right guy was there at the point, we'd draft him," Riley said. But whenI asked Riley what his preference would be, he said, "I'd like to have a little beef. We can always use more size and toughness. We don't reallyhave a gaping hole at any position, so I think we'll draft the best player available. If it's a point guard, then it will be a point guard. If it'sa 4, then that's who we'll take."

Would Ellis balk if they drafted a point guard? He didn't act like it. "I'm going to go with it," he said. "I'll do anything tohelp the team win. I don't know anyone in this draft to be honest with you."

So what to make out of all of this? Obviously there has been some miscommunication. Different people can walk away from the same conversation with differenttakes. But it sounds as though, whatever problems there were in the past, the Warriors and Ellis have worked them out.

And as far as the Warriors' draft goes ... I still think there's a good chance they draft a point guard. If Jordan Hill's there, he'dbe a nice pick. But so would StephenCurry or BrandonJennings.

• The Bulls seem to be the latest team trying to move up in the draft. They've talked to several teams in front of them in the draft with an offer ofthe No. 16 and No. 26 picks in the draft. It sounds as if the Nets have been their target and it might make sense for the Nets to jump on the deal.

They could still get a player like Tyler Hansbrough at 16 and pick up another player late in the first.

• Not sure exactly what to read into this, but the Knicks are bringing back UCLA's Jrue Holiday for a secondworkout. Holiday is in the mix at No. 4 to Sacramento and after that I think the Knicks, Raptors, Bucks and Pacers will all give him a look in the lottery.This may be his chance to secure a coveted spot playing for Mike D'Antoni.

• Wake Forest forward JamesJohnson seems to be in a draft free-fall and I don't quite understand why. Yes, he showed up at the Chicago draft combine a little out of shapeand 15 pounds overweight. But a month ago a number of lottery teams were giving him a serious look. Now we're searching for teams in the 20s for Johnson. Iguess in a draft with this much parity, every little pound matters.

• Want to know why TerrenceWilliams' stock is all over the place? He's an eccentric kid. Not necessarily a bad kid, but definitely different. Everyone loves histalent, but some are just a little uneasy. Someone forwarded this little blurb to me from a Sports Illustrated piece on Louisville in March. I think it sumsthings up:

"The last line of Williams' pregame monologue is a request for all his dead relatives -- his father, Edgar; his grandparents Mary Jackson and BobbyPerkins; and two cousins -- to 'watch over me as I have fun.' Their names are tattooed on his left arm and concealed by a compression sleeve that hesays he wears to keep connected to them, spiritually. Williams may well be the only player to wear a sleeve solely for that reason, but he has always beensartorially idiosyncratic. He often wears custom-made photo T-shirts as tributes to teammates and coaches (his Pitino shirt has a shot of his coach playingpoint guard at UMass in the early '70s), and he sometimes shows up for practice wearing two different-colored shoes. At Seattle's Rainier Beach High hewould wear socks emblazoned with childhood icons (from Barney to Big Bird to SpongeBob) during games and carry his books in a Barbie backpack, just to bedifferent."

Gotta love the Barbie backpack line ...

Should teams draft to fill their needs, or should they take the best player available?

Most teams will tell you they choose the latter, but history shows that more often than not teams use their picks to fill existing holes on their rosters.So, essentially, front offices tend to convince themselves that the need and the talent align.

The Raptors' drafting of Rafael Araujo four yearsago is great evidence. Several prospects were much better than Araujo, but GM Rob Babcock reached for Araujo because they were desperate for a center.

But cases like that are rare. More often it's a team drafting a player who can't break into the rotation that ends up regretting its pick.

Only when a team is very deep or has multiple picks -- or when the best player on the board is head and shoulders above the player who fits a need -- doesit really have the luxury of drafting the best player available.

With the draft six days away and the NBA free-agent season just around the corner, Insider breaks down the needs of every team with a first-round pick.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=atlAtlanta Hawks[/h3]
Pick: 19
Team Needs: Point guard, center

The Skinny: The Hawks have a bunch of question marks. A number of key players -- Mike Bibby, Marvin Williams, Zaza Pachulia and Ronald Murray -- will be free agents. And the Hawks still retainthe free-agent rights to Josh Childress. They can affordto pay some of those players, but not all of them.

Their biggest question mark is at the point. Acie Lawhasn't really developed, and eventually they'll need to start grooming a point guard of the future, even if they re-sign Bibby. The team may also needto address the center position. Al Horford and Pachuliaboth played well there last season, but Horford is more of a 4 than a 5 and Pachulia's impending free agency could leave a hole in the middle.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=chaCharlotte Bobcats[/h3]
Pick: 12
Team Needs: Big shooting guard/point guard

The Skinny: The Bobcats did a lot to remake their roster last season, sending out Jason Richardson, Adam Morrison and Shannon Brown, and bringing in Boris Diaw, Raja Bell, DeSagana Diop, Vladimir Radmanovic and rookies .J. Augustin and Alexis Ajinca. But no one thinks Larry Brown is done yet. Thereare still rumblings that he wouldn't mind moving GeraldWallace.

Starting point guard Raymond Felton is also arestricted free agent. Given Bell's age and Felton's free-agent status, it appears that the Bobcats will likely focus their efforts on shoring up theguard position.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=chiChicago Bulls[/h3]
Picks: 16, 26
Team Needs: Power forward, center, backup guard

The Skinny: The Bulls were surprisingly tough in the playoffs this year. They have a nice young core of players -- Derrick Rose, Luol Deng, Joakim Noah and Tyrus Thomas -- balanced with veterans like Brad Miller, John Salmons and Kirk Hinrich. But their roster is far from set.

Ben Gordon is looking to leave as a restricted freeagent this summer, and there's a lot of talk that both Thomas and Hinrich are on the trading block. The Bulls are still longing for a physical low-postpresence and that seems to be their focus in the draft. They also may need to shore up their backcourt if Gordon leaves and/or Hinrich is traded.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=cleCleveland Cavaliers[/h3]
Pick: 30
Team Needs: Center, power forward, shooting guard

The Skinny: The Cavs were obviously disappointed that they didn't make it to the Finals, and multiple sources say owner Dan Gilbert isvowing to shake up the team this summer. He may not have much of a choice. Several key players, including Anderson Varejao and Wally Szczerbiak, are free agents, Ben Wallace is talking about retirement and Zydrunas Ilgauskas is on the last year of his contract. WithLeBron James just one year away from free agency, thisis the Cavs' chance to remake the team using some real assets. I don't think the 30th pick in the draft will help in the short-term. But I do see thembeing very active in trade discussions, using Wallace, Ilgauskas and Sasha Pavlovic to bring in more size and another perimeter player to shore up their backcourt.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dalDallas Mavericks[/h3]
Pick: 22

The Skinny: The Mavericks have some tough decisions to make this summer. Will another year of Dirk Nowitzki, Josh Howard, Jason Terry and Jason Kidd be enough to put them over the top in the West? Kiddis a free agent and may not be back. JerryStackhouse's partially guaranteed contract is a huge chip if they want to use it. The Mavs desperately need young talent, especially in thebackcourt and front line. It seems like point guard is the most obvious direction to go in a point guard-laden draft. But when it comes to trades and freeagency, I'd expect them to try to upgrade what they have in the middle.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=detDetroit Pistons[/h3]
Pick: 15
Team Needs: Center, power forward

The Skinny: This is a huge summer for the Pistons. Rasheed Wallace and Allen Iversonare free agents and aren't likely to be re-signed. AntonioMcDyess is a free agent as well. The team now has some pretty glaring holes at both the 4 and the 5, and fortunately it has a lot of cash to dosomething about it. I don't think the Pistons are looking for their draft pick to fill a need, though they'd prefer a big. But in free agency they haveto land a 4 (Carlos Boozer?) and also seem intent onbringing in another perimeter player (Ben Gordon?) to put them back in contention for an NBA title. But none of those players addresses their biggest need inthe middle. Kwame Brown can only do so much, but giventhe weakness of the draft and the free-agent market for bigs, there's only so much you can do.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=gswGolden State Warriors[/h3]
Pick: 7
Team Needs: Point guard

The Skinny: The Warriors have had a glaring hole at the point guard position ever since Baron Davis bolted last summer. On paper, Monta Ellis is supposed to be their point guard of the future,but everyone understands right now he's more of a scorer than a distributor. There have been several media reports claiming that the Warriors promisedEllis that they wouldn't draft a point guard, a report Warriors GM Larry Riley emphatically denies. There are two sides to every story, and in a draftfilled with promising point guards, I think it would be a huge mistake for the Warriors to pass on one.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=indIndiana Pacers[/h3]
Pick: 13
Team Needs: Center, power forward, point guard

The Skinny: The Pacers' biggest need is an athletic, shot-blocking big. The problem is that there just won't be any of those guysleft on the board when they draft. They'll have to figure out how to address that need via free agency or trade.

For the draft, their best bet is to get some help at the point. With Jarrett Jack set to test the free-agent waters, they'll need someone to back up the inconsistent http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1979T.J. Ford.

[h3]Los Angeles Clippers[/h3]
Pick: 1
Team Needs: BlakeGriffin

The Skinny: The Clippers actually have some talent at every position with no glaring holes. What they lack are high-character players whowill play hard every night, fight through injuries, and not get sucked into the self-loathing that comes from being a Clipper. Fortunately, the top guy in thedraft, Griffin, is the perfect antidote for what ails them.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=lalLos Angeles Lakers[/h3]
Pick: 29
Team Needs: Point guard

The Skinny: The Lakers have two key forwards hitting free agency -- Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom -- but everyone expects them to re-sign one, if notboth, of them this summer. Their other area of concern is at the point. Derek Fisher proved he's still capable of hitting big shots, but his career is winding down. Jordan Farmar was impressive as his backup this season, but theLakers may need to start plotting a long-term strategy to shore up the position.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=memMemphis Grizzlies[/h3]
Picks: 2, 27
Team Needs: Power forward, shot-blocking center

The Skinny: The Grizzlies have a lot of young talent, but still have several key holes they need to fill. Their most obvious is at powerforward. They've struggled to fill that position ever since they shipped Pau Gasol off to L.A. HakimWarrick, Darrell Arthur and Darko Milicic didn't do much there last season, and theycould really use the upgrade. They also need help defensively, and an athletic shot-blocker would go a long way toward helping that process along. The teamalso seems to be flirting with the idea of adding a third guard to platoon with O.J. Mayo and Mike Conley.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=milMilwaukee Bucks[/h3]
Pick: 10
Team Needs: Power forward, point guard

The Skinny: Two key players for the Bucks -- Charlie Villanueva and RamonSessions -- are free agents this summer, and given the team's financial woes, it's unlikely they can afford to pay either player. So thedraft will be the key in filling one of those holes. Most likely the team will go with a point guard. While the Bucks still have Luke Ridnour, the draft is stronger at the point and there willbe more players on the board that they could see as potential long-term starters.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=minMinnesota Timberwolves[/h3]
Picks: 6, 18, 28

The Skinny: The Wolves have a glaring hole in the middle, but there just aren't a lot of terrific big men in the draft or free agency.They could try to move up to grab Hasheem Thabeet, draft a guy in the mid-first round like B.J. Mullens, or they could try to do something via trade for someone like theClippers' Chris Kaman (the teams talked months agoabout a Kaman-for-Mike Miller swap, but it appears to betotally dormant at the moment). The other issue of concern is at the point. Randy Foye is more of a 2-guard than a 1, and Sebastian Telfair should be a backup, not a starter.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=njnNew Jersey Nets[/h3]
Pick: 11
Team Needs: Power forward, small forward

The Skinny: The Nets struck gold in the draft last year with Brook Lopez at No. 10. Now they'd like to add a toughphysical frontcourt player to complement him. No offense to YiJianlian, Sean Williams and Ryan Anderson, but they aren't getting it done. The Netsalso are almost out of Bobby Simmons' contract andcan start thinking about replacing him. Yes, they've been hoping for years that LeBron would do that. But if he doesn't come to New Jersey, they stillhave to do something.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=norNew Orleans Hornets[/h3]
Pick: 21
Team Needs: Power forward, center, shooting guard

The Skinny: The Hornets were dangerously thin on their front line this season when Tyson Chandler and David West both struggled with injuries. Ideally, they could getsome size to help shore up the middle. They also could use a long-term replacement at the 2 for Mo Peterson and Rasual Butler.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nykNew York Knicks[/h3]
Pick: 8
Team Needs: Everything

The Skinny: The Knicks are one of those teams that really need help at every position. David Lee is a free agent this summer. So is Nate Robinson. Everyone else on their team, with the exceptionof last year's lottery pick, Danilo Gallinari, is ashort-term -- not long-term -- solution. So the Knicks do have the luxury of drafting on talent, not need. Whether it's point guard, swingman, or big man,they can justify it.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=okcOklahoma City Thunder[/h3]
Picks: 3, 25
Team Needs: Shooting guard, center

The Skinny: The Thunder's rebuilding project is ahead of schedule. They already have two budding stars in Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, and some solid depth. Assuming that Westbrookis the point guard of the future, I think it's safe to say 2-guard is the area of biggest concern.

Desmond Mason is a free agent, and Thabo Sefolosha is more of a defensive specialist. What theyneed is someone who can go in and really shoot the ball. The team also is pretty thin in the middle. Nenad Krstic is solid, but he's more of a 4 than a 5. TysonChandler would have looked great in Oklahoma; too bad he didn't pass his physical.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=phiPhiladelphia 76ers[/h3]
Pick: 17

The Skinny: The Sixers have a lot of great pieces in place, but there are two areas of worry. First, point guard Andre Miller is an unrestricted free agent this summer, andit's been really unclear what he's going to do next. Second, the team has been searching for a new home for Samuel Dalembert for a while. Obviously the Sixers could use anupgrade in the middle.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=phoPhoenix Suns[/h3]
Pick: 14
Team Needs: Point guard, small forward

The Skinny: The Suns are at a crossroads of sorts. On one hand there's still a belief that they can make one more push for an NBAchampionship. On the other hand, the writing is on the wall. Their owner is in financial trouble. Shaquille O'Neal trade rumors are everywhere. Amare Stoudemire and Steve Nash are free agents next summer.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=porPortland Trail Blazers[/h3]
Pick: 24

The Skinny: The Blazers come into the summer still searching for their point guard of the future. Steve Blake is good. Sergio Rodriguez is OK. Last year's lottery pick, Jerryd Bayless, might be able to play the point someday. Butthey really lack that guy who can pull everything together.

The team also could use more help at the 3. TravisOutlaw is still getting better and MartellWebster is coming back from injury. But if the Blazers could land a solid 3 who could also play some 4, I think they'd grab him.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=sacSacramento Kings[/h3]
Picks: 4, 23

The Skinny: The Kings dumped a boatload of money on Beno Udrih and immediately came down with a bad case of buyer's remorse. They tried hard to shop him at the trade deadline and willkeep trying this summer, but regardless, they have to start thinking about what to do in the long-term. That's why they've been so indecisive at thetop of the draft. They need to make a good call here if they are going to keep the rebuilding process going. The team could also use a little help at the 3,but it's not nearly the need point guard is.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=torToronto Raptors[/h3]
Pick: 9
Team Needs: Shooting guard, small forward, center

The Skinny: The Raptors are at a bit of a crossroads. Shawn Marion and Anthony Parker arefree agents. Chris Bosh is a year away from free agencyand could possibly bolt next summer. And on top of everything else, a team that many felt would be very competitive in the East was a complete bust lastseason.

The Raptors' biggest need is to find a young, athletic talent to pair in the backcourt with Jose Calderon, or a legit center to help out Andrea Bargnani. But they also might need a small forward ifthey feel they'll be unable to re-sign Marion.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=uthUtah Jazz[/h3]
Pick: 20
Team Needs: Depth

The Skinny: The Jazz are pretty solid at every starting position. Even if Carlos Boozer walks this summer, they've got Paul Millsap and Andrei Kirilenko ready to step right in. They need more depth inthe backcourt and frontcourt and will probably just take the best player available. I think a combo guard, a swingman or a big are all possibilities, and theJazz are considering players at every position.

[h3]http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=wasWashington Wizards[/h3]
Pick: 5
Team Needs: Point guard, shooting guard, center

The Skinny: The Wizards are hoping that the combo of a healthy Gilbert Arenas, Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison can lead them to the Eastern Conference crown nextseason, but they do have a need in the backcourt. Ideally they would like to find a combo guard who can play either the 1 or the 2.

They also could use some help in the middle. BrendanHaywood and Etan Thomas are in the last yearof their contracts, and JaVale McGee is 30 pounds awayfrom being a starting center in the NBA.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN.com.

"The last line of Williams' pregame monologue is a request for all his dead relatives -- his father, Edgar; his grandparents Mary Jackson and Bobby Perkins; and two cousins -- to 'watch over me as I have fun.' Their names are tattooed on his left arm and concealed by a compression sleeve that he says he wears to keep connected to them, spiritually. Williams may well be the only player to wear a sleeve solely for that reason, but he has always been sartorially idiosyncratic. He often wears custom-made photo T-shirts as tributes to teammates and coaches (his Pitino shirt has a shot of his coach playing point guard at UMass in the early '70s), and he sometimes shows up for practice wearing two different-colored shoes. At Seattle's Rainier Beach High he would wear socks emblazoned with childhood icons (from Barney to Big Bird to SpongeBob) during games and carry his books in a Barbie backpack, just to be different."
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

In the new ESPN mag their is a mock draft of the first round.

However, it's a player from each team making the pick.

Lots of alma-mater love.

Anyone else seen this?

• Want to know why Terrence Williams' stock is all over the place? He's an eccentric kid. Not necessarily a bad kid, but definitely different. Everyone loves his talent, but some are just a little uneasy. Someone forwarded this little blurb to me from a Sports Illustrated piece on Louisville in March. I think it sums things up:

"The last line of Williams' pregame monologue is a request for all his dead relatives -- his father, Edgar; his grandparents Mary Jackson and Bobby Perkins; and two cousins -- to 'watch over me as I have fun.' Their names are tattooed on his left arm and concealed by a compression sleeve that he says he wears to keep connected to them, spiritually. Williams may well be the only player to wear a sleeve solely for that reason, but he has always been sartorially idiosyncratic. He often wears custom-made photo T-shirts as tributes to teammates and coaches (his Pitino shirt has a shot of his coach playing point guard at UMass in the early '70s), and he sometimes shows up for practice wearing two different-colored shoes. At Seattle's Rainier Beach High he would wear socks emblazoned with childhood icons (from Barney to Big Bird to SpongeBob) during games and carry his books in a Barbie backpack, just to be different."

I still don't buy this PC reason as to WHY there are questions about his character etc.....i mean %#$$....you got immature dudes flooding the draft year inand year out...look no further than beasley last year. There's got to be more to it than that. Since when was being eccentric looked at as a negative? The stuff that Ford wrote on Williams seems harmless....

Originally Posted by JaFlash

In the new ESPN mag their is a mock draft of the first round.

However, it's a player from each team making the pick.

Lots of alma-mater love.

Anyone else seen this?

yeah i also saw this. Grant lobbying for Gerald. I would love to see Gerald learn from Grant

I can't help but keep thinking that the Blazers have a huge trade chip with Bayless...if they aren't going to play the dude...use him to get in thatlottery and get the traditional point guard they're seeking.

[size=+1]"One general manager said of Holiday: "[UCLA's] Ben Howland is an excellent college coach, but he had his thumb down so hard on that kid that he was afraid to take a shot at 15 feet. ... I think the coach had him scared to take most shots." The counter, of course, is that Howland's primary job is to win at UCLA, not run a farm club for the pros."[/size]

BJ Mullens Promise?

[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
bmullens05.jpg

BJ Mullens

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]Two different sources have indicated to NBADraft.net on Friday that the Pistons have a promise in place to take BJ Mullens if he's available to the them at 15.

Mullens works well with the rebuilding Pistons as he's a player with significant upside but will take time to become a contributor. With the Pistons in the process of rebuilding their squad, Mullens offers them a potential center for the future.

#2 Pick Still up in the Air

The 2nd pick is still up in the air. If Memphis holds onto it, it's likely they will opt for Hasheem Thabeet.

Sacramento may stand pat and take their chances that Rubio falls to them at 4. However they may feel the pressure of other teams trying to jump in front of them and may put a deal together to swap picks with Memphis. Memphis would then hope to grab Thabeet at 4.

There are a number of other teams who could be in the mix to trade up to grab the Spanish sensation.

Hot Curry

As impossible as it sounds, there are rumors that Stephen Curry could go as high as 2 overall with teams such as Portland targeting him in a possible trade. The Thunder are also apparently very high on Curry and will consider taking him with their 3rd pick.

Curry has a lot of intrigue after leading Davidson one possession away from the final four in the sophomore year and then making a successful transition to the point guard position in his junior year.

The Knicks have all but conceded that Curry wont be there at 8, which would have been an marriage made in heaven.

Questions linger for many about his ability to defend and play the point guard position against elite level athletes, but apparently a number of teams are convinced and willing to mortgage the farm to get him.

Knicks Attempting to Trade Up

The Knicks are trying to make a deal with Washington to move up to the 5th pick offering Wilson Chandler. New York is after a number of players that they don't feel they can get at their #8 pick including Curry, Ricky Rubio and Jordan Hill.

It's possible they will offer their pick in a deal or hold onto their pick and add the 5th pick along with their 8th pick.

Portland to Target Hedo Turkoglu
[table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [td]
hturkoglu01.jpg

Hedo Turkoglu

[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][/table]The Portland Trailblazers would like to dump Travis Outlaw ($4 million next year) and their pick and clear some additional space to make a run at Hedo Turkoglu.

The Blazers have 12 guys under contract next season and loads of talent, and somehow their cap is at just $50 million. So they are in position to make some moves, and have an owner (Paul Allen) and GM (Kevin Prichard) who are eager to improve.

The league's salary cap is expected to be close or less than the $58 million it was in 2008-09. (Imagine, had Darius Miles stayed gone, they would have an additional 9 million to play with.)

Portland's cap looks great right now, but next year they'll have to resign Brandon Roy and LeMarcus Aldridge, so if they want a free agent it better be this summer.

After his playoff heroics, it's unlikely the Magic will be able to afford to resign Turkoglu. While many teams with cap space are looking forward to the 2010 free agent class, Portland's situation forces them to go after a free agent now.

There's also the possibility that a team such as Olympiacos or Panathinaikos jumps into the mix and makes a huge offer to him to come overseas to finish out his career. Hedo has a game that would extremely well in Europe with his ability to make plays for himself or others.

Tyler Hansbrough On the Rise

After measuring very impressively in Chicago and testing well in the athleticism workouts, Tyler Hansbrough has been on the rise lately and could go as high as 11 to New Jersey. In fact, New Jersey looks like the likely destination for Hansbrough at this point.

The all time leading scorer in the ACC is considered a surefire contributor (safe pick), which in a weak draft is a valued commodity. Hansbrough may have leapfrogged DeJuan Blair who continues to impress in workouts himself.

DeJuan Blair Likely to Chicago

It's looking very likely that if he gets to them the Bulls will take DeJuan Blair. Blair makes a lot of sense as he would work well platooning with the longer and more versatile Joakim Noah at the 4 position. Blair's toughness and ability to rebound would fill a huge void for a team that was 20th in rebounds last year.

Wayne Ellington/Gerald Henderson Struggling

Highschool teammates and close friends Henderson and Ellington could be slipping some.

Both players have had disappointing workouts of late. Henderson's workout with Toronto failed to impress while Ellington had some struggles shooting the ball in workouts of late.

Jonas Jerebko in Late First?

The top performer at this year's Reebok Eurocamp, Jonas Jerebko is reportedly getting looks in the late first round. Teams in the 23-29 range are possibilities for him as well as a team such as the Spurs or Rockets moving in to take him. The Lakers (29th pick) are said to be very high on Jerebko as well.

Buyers and Sellers

Expect a flurry of action on draft night, which has become the norm in recent years, and a number of first and second rounders to be sold and traded.

Teams with multiple picks such as Sacramento (23), Oklahoma City (25) and Chicago (26) are all looking to sell their picks according to sources. While three other teams would like to buy picks late in the first round: San Antonio, Detroit and Houston.

Joe Dumars has his eye on Toney Douglas and would like to pick up a late first to grab him. San Antonio is likely after Victor Claver who suspiciously remained in the draft, despite a lackluster and injury plagued season. No word on who Houston is after, but Rockets GM Daryl Moray was on hand in Treviso as Swedish SF Jonas Jerebko put on an excellent performance.

The Knicks are trying to make a deal with Washington to move up to the 5th pick offering Wilson Chandler. New York is after a number of players that they don't feel they can get at their #8 pick including Curry, Ricky Rubio and Jordan Hill.

It's possible they will offer their pick in a deal or hold onto their pick and add the 5th pick along with their 8th pick.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

damn sure better not include #8 with Will to move up 3 spots.

I could see just dealin him straight up for it as Will and Gallo play the same spot. but still...
grin.gif

Jun 19, 2009 7:54 PM EST

Carter_Vince_njn.jpg
The Cavs are pursuing a trade of Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic for Vince Carter.

The Bulls have approached the Nets about swapping their 11th pick for Chicago's two picks at 16 and 26. The Bulls would like to select James Johnson.

The Nets are considering Terrence Williams with the 11th pick but could trade down if they believe that Tyler Hansbrough will be available at 16.

Westbrook selected James Harden with the 3rd pick in the NBA players mock draft.

"He can handle, shoot and he's athletic. And he was in a good system at Arizona State." said Westbrook.

When asked about sliding to the 2 so OKC can put Ricky Rubio at the point,

Says Westbrook: "You trippin'."

Brandon Jennings on being selected 6th overall by Kevin Love

"kevin and I played AAU together, and we ran through teams led by Derrick Rose and O.J. Mayo. I think the fit with Minny would be good."

Tyreke Evans on being selected 9th overall by the Raptors Anthony Parker

"Toronto is a good situation, but I could see myself in the top five-Easy. Honestly, I'm glad the players don't get to pick."

Jrue Holiday on being selected 20th overall by Kyle Korver

"I don't know why I fell that far. But I like the Jazz. Thank you Kyle Korver. I got you. You'll be going for 30 every night."

I'm gettin tired of reading this #$** man...I think I'ma just ignore all the rumors and speculation until the 25th.

Im not really fond of trading our two first round picks to move up to get James Johnson. I dont think hes that special, but thats just me

For all the stats and advanced scouting metrics gathered on prospects these days, Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo maintains there's no real science to the process. "At the end of the day, you also have to trust your gut," he says.

And that puts him in some strange company with a man who says this: "[My draft strategy] came from growing up on the playgrounds and having to pick players -- and not wanting to lose."

That man? None other than Isiah Thomas, he of the much-maligned track record as an NBA executive. But according to the D.R.A.F.T. Initiative's study, Colangelo and Thomas top the list of the best drafters from the past 20 years.

Seriously.

We figured out who was calling the shots for every team on draft day over the past 20 years and then, using John Hollinger's estimated wins added (EWA) stat, tracked how their picks performed in comparison to the expected value of their draft slot (net EWA). To be eligible, a GM had to have picked at least 10 players during the 20-year time period, leaving 46 eligible candidates to rank. Here's how the best and worst shook out:
[h3]THE TOP FIVE[/h3]
0618gm1.jpg

Ron Turenne/Getty ImagesColangelo drafts from the gut -- and it works.

1. Bryan Colangelo
Suns, 1995-2005; Raptors, 2006-current
Net EWA: 1.68

Colangelo's midround success is astounding: Steve Nash (1996, 15th pick, +7.72 net EWA), Michael Finley (1995, 21st, +5.15), Shawn Marion (1999, 9th, +9.76) and Amar'e Stoudemire (2002, 9th, +8.88). He also found Stephen Jackson (+2.78) in the second round. But even a guy like Colangelo has regrets. He says he wishes he'd taken Tayshaun Prince at No. 22 in 2002 over Casey Jacobsen. But he's not ready to give up on Andrea Bargnani (-5.97), the top pick in 2006, just yet.

2. Isiah Thomas
Raptors, 1995-97; Knicks, 2004-07
Net EWA: 1.52

Thomas' early picks seemed odd -- fans booed Damon Stoudamire, his first-ever choice. But Stoudamire's net EWA is 0.78 wins higher than expected for the seventh pick, and that's common of Thomas' players. Trevor Ariza (43rd, 2004), Nate Robinson (21st, 2005) and David Lee (30th, 2005) have all exceeded their expected EWA numbers.

Thomas has a name for the attributes he values in prospects: I.C.E. (Intensity, concentration, energy). He picked Tracy McGrady, whose career EWA is 10.5 wins better than the typical No. 9 pick, because he had a quiet intensity "like a lava flow." And he justifies grabbing Lee and Marcus Camby (No. 2, 1996) because, he says, "On the playground, I always picked the rebounder first, because when you play outside, there are a lot of misses, and you want someone who can track it."

Whatever works.

3. Jim Paxson
Cavaliers, 1999-2004
Net EWA: 1.20

Paxson obviously gets a huge boost from LeBron James, whose net EWA is +16.34. But he also found Carlos Boozer (+9.1) in the second round in 2002. Those picks more than make up for duds like Dajuan Wagner (2002, No. 6, -4.37) and DeSagana Diop (2001, No. 8, -3.97).

4. Garry St. Jean
Warriors, 1998-2003
Net EWA: 1.15

In addition to Antawn Jamison (1998, No. 4, +5.21), St. Jean should be known for 2001, when he grabbed Jason Richardson (5th, +3.25), Troy Murphy (14th, +2.25) and Gilbert Arenas (30th, +8.92). That's some haul.

5. Bob Whitsitt
Sonics, 1986-93; Trail Blazers, 1994-2002
Net EWA: 0.73

In 1989, Whitsitt drafted a 19-year-old with no college experience after convincing his owner that the kid could be a combination of Charles Barkley and Karl Malone. And that's how Shawn Kemp (5.85 net EWA) ended up as the No. 17 pick in the 1989 draft, long before the prep-to-pro route was en vogue. That willingness to gamble on high-ceiling prospects also brought him Gary Payton (1990, 2nd, +5.91), Jermaine O'Neal (1996, 17th, +4.39) and Zach Randolph (2001, 19th, +6.05).
[h3]THE BOTTOM FIVE[/h3]
0618gm2.jpg

Noah Graham/Getty ImagesNo surprises here. Elgin Baylor had very few good moments in L.A.

5. Pete Babcock
Nuggets, 1985-89; Hawks, 1990-2003
Net EWA: -0.73

You could look at various underperformers and quickly understand how Babcock ended up in this spot: Todd Lichti (1989, 15th, -2.13); Rumeal Robinson (1990, 10th, -2.71); Anthony Avent (1991, 15th, -2.87); Adam Keefe (1992, 10th, -2.43); and DerMarr Johnson (2000, 6th, -4.22). But maybe it's just easier to say that he really only made one good pick -- Jason Terry (1999, 10th, +6.17).

4. John Nash
76ers, 1986-89; Bullets, 1990-95; Nets, 1996-99; Trail Blazers, 2003-05
Net EWA: -0.76

Other than Rasheed Wallace (1995, 4th, +2.53), about all Nash can brag about is Gheorghe Muresan (+0.70). The 7-foot-7 center was one of only nine of Nash's 35 picks to meet or exceed draft-slot expectations. The busts include Calbert Cheaney, Sebastian Telfair and Sharone Wright.

3. Jack McCloskey
Pistons, 1979-91; Timberwolves, 1992-94
Net EWA: -0.83

In the 20 years that comprised our study, Tim Burroughs (1992, 51st, +0.20) was his best draft pick. Who? Exactly. McCloskey bombed in the top five, grabbing Christian Laettner (1992, 3rd, -0.54), Isaiah Rider (1993, 5th, -2.31) and Donyell Marshall (1994, 4th, -0.22) as building blocks for the expansion Wolves.

2. Rod Thorn
Nets, 2000-2007
Net EWA -0.94

Unfortunately for Thorn, he doesn't get credit for picking Michael Jordan -- our study starts in 1989, which means his stint in Chicago from 1978-85 doesn't count. And since then, he's made plenty of mistakes. Even if you don't want to blame him for taking forward Kenyon Martin (-2.98) with the top pick in the weak 2000 draft, he has made plenty of mistakes, including Jason Collins (2001, 18th, -4.90), Zoran Planinic (2003, 22nd, -1.68) and Antoine Wright (2005, 15th, -4.05).

1. Elgin Baylor
Clippers, 1986-2008
Net EWA -1.18

Come on, was there really any doubt about this one? Baylor made 43 picks over the length of the study and only nine met or exceeded expectations. More often, as we detailed already, he has drafted the likes of Shaun Livingston (2004, 4th, -4.71), Melvin Ely (2002, 12th, -2.90), Darius Miles (2000, 3rd, -3.69), Lorenzen Wright (1996, 7th, -2.13), Terry Dehere (1993, 13th, -2.19), Bo Kimble (1990, 8th, -3.78) and Danny Ferry (1989, 2nd, -5.91).

Oh, and Baylor also made the worst pick of the past 20 years, Michael Olowokandi (1998, 1st, -7.99). Conveniently, the Clippers have the top choice in this year's draft. Let's see what happens without Baylor in the war room.

Alvin Chang is a contributing writer for ESPN Insider

The Memphis Grizzlies are trying to talktough, saying they're unafraid to draft Ricky Rubio with the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft, but no one believes them.

Nevertheless, Grizzlies general manager Chris Wallace finds himself in a tough spot. He has a volatile owner, Michael Heisley, puffing out his chest, and aplayer agent, Dan Fegan, threatening to embarrass the franchise should it try to take Rubio.

Apparently, Heisley has been as impatient as ever with Wallace. This ebbs and flows, but league sources say Pau Gasol's(notes) marvelous play in theLos Angeles Lakers' championship runhas Heisley coming down on Wallace all over again for last year's trade. Of course, Heisley pushed for the lousy Lakers deal, but that's been lost inthe revisionist history.

The Sacramento Kings had been the mostlikely team to cut a deal with Memphis to move into the second spot to take Rubio, but league sources say the Kings' motivation to do so has waned. TheKings don't want to give up Jason Thompson(notes) and their fourth pick to get to No. 2, especiallyconsidering there's a chance Rubio could drop to Sacramento anyway. Fegan has no issues with Rubio in Oklahoma City or Sacramento, but he'll bedifficult if the point guard ends up in Memphis.

Minnesota's offer of a package that includes Kevin Love(notes) and a first-round pickintrigues Wallace too, sources say.

Wallace is enamored with University of Memphis freshman Tyreke Evans but thinks he could move down and still draft him. Nothing happens in this draft untilthe Grizzlies make a decision; then the dominos will start to fall.

The Chicago Bulls are trying to convincethe New Jersey Nets to take their 16th and26th picks to move to No. 11, and one Eastern Conference executive says Chicago's target is Wake Forest forward James Johnson.

Some say Johnson has been slipping and could be available at No. 16, but no one seems sure about anything in this draft.

The Nets are considering the proposal. They've been intrigued by Louisville shooting guard Terrence Williams at No. 11, but could be willing to dropdown with the belief that North Carolina's Tyler Hansbrough could be available at 16.

As for Johnson, if he somehow drops to No. 21, you can count on the New Orleans Hornets letting him pass. After playingpick-up ball with Johnson in Winston-Salem the past two summers, Hornets star Chris Paul(notes) has no use for him,several league sources said.

"He talked way too much trash to Chris," one source insisted. "Bad idea."

Mark Jackson is the top candidate for the MinnesotaTimberwolves' coaching job, with Bill Laimbeer as a likely member of his staff.

League executives say new GM David Kahn will hire a coach whom he can hold a hammer over, and certainly Jackson would owe him. Jackson has wanted to becomea head coach since his retirement five years ago, but no one has shown an inclination to hire him right out of the television booth. Kahn's ex-boss,New York Knicks GM Donnie Walsh, came theclosest to taking that leap of faith until Mike D'Antoni became available.

Kahn was an executive in Indiana when Jackson played point guard for the Pacers.

Mike Fratello is eager for the job, too, but it's unlikely he'll be given the chance to coach a young team. Fratello pursued the SacramentoKings' job hard, but was rebuffed. Fratello and Kahn worked together at NBC Sports in the 1990s.

For all the Portland Trail Blazers'usual misdirection plays about moving up in the draft, few say they're sincere in climbing into the lottery. Ultimately, it's thought that the Blazersare trying to clear cap space - perhaps as much as $10 million - and multiple league executives think Portland is determined to sign Orlando Magic free agent Hedo Turkoglu(notes).

For now, the Blazers are trying to find a taker for point guard Sergio Rodriguez(notes) and his $1.6 millionsalary. They're interested in DallasMavericks free agent Jason Kidd(notes), too. The Mavericks want to keep Kidd, who will probablyask for $8 million a season.

The Nets and Cleveland Cavaliers havediscussed VinceCarter(notes) again, sources said. As financial losses mount for NewJersey's ownership, it appears more likely that the Nets will try to move Carter and the two years and $33.6 million left on his deal. The Nets would haveto take BenWallace(notes) and Sasha Pavlovic(notes) in return. The Spurshaven't given up their long-standing pursuit of Carter, but a deal with San Antonio has never gained traction. … Houston Rockets guard Tracy McGrady(notes)would love a move to the Chicago Bulls, one league executive said, but Bulls GM Gar Forman has no interest. Still, the Rockets are determined to move hisexpiring $23 million contract. … League executives say Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand(notes) and the four years and$65 million left on his contract are available. But as one Western Conference GM said: "Who's going to take that with him missing 130 games in thepast two years?" … The Rockets, Cavaliers and Blazers are interested in buying first-round picks. … Celtics guard Ray Allen(notes) has expressed a desirefor a contract extension, league executives say, but that isn't happening in Boston. … Stephon Marbury(notes) is telling friends hebelieves that the Celtics want to re-sign him. … The Knicks want Stephen Curry and Curry wants them, but it's unlikely Walsh will move up from No. 8 to besure they get him. … The Bulls are trying to move useless Jerome James(notes) and his $6.6 millioncontract to create more cap space to re-sign Ben Gordon(notes). If they don't sendthe Nets their two first-round picks for No. 11, they'll have to ship one of those picks to get a team to take James from them. … As teams cut costs, theadvanced scout for future opponents appears to be a casualty. The Spurs and Nets plan to go without full-time advance scouts next season. … Few second-roundprospects have risen in the eyes of executives the way St. Joseph's forward Ahmad Nivins has in the offseason. Nivins, a strong, 6-foot-9 forward, was theAtlantic 10 and Big 5 Player of the Year. Nivins visits the Spurs over the weekend. … The NBA Players Association high school All-American camp inCharlottesville, Va., has been one of the best gatherings of prep talent in history, recruiting analysts say. It's thought that 24 of the best 25 prepstars in the class of 2010 were there this week. The Players Association camp does the best job of life-skill training for top prospects, including lectures onstress management and sex education.

indifferent.gif
If that includes the 8th pick and Will ... If not I wont be toomad.

Barbie bag or not, Williams is one of the players I want Jersey to go after in the draft.

It was rumored today that the Nets were also looking to trade Devin for the 2nd pick, but 3 sources declined that later on in the evening.

I wonder how much time Minnesota will give Mark Jackson before firing him. Can't see that team/organization ever being successful

You serious?.....They went to like 8 straight playoffs, and a western conference finals appearance.

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Barbie bag or not, Williams is one of the players I want Jersey to go after in the draft.

It was rumored today that the Nets were also looking to trade Devin for the 2nd pick, but 3 sources declined that later on in the evening.

Why is Harris so good yet nobody wants him?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom