^ lol
LB510 wrote:
^
laugh.gif

Is Little Luccas on south airport blvd?
el camino real, near south city high. yelp it

WOW just WOW

laugh.gif
grabbed myself a fish combo today myself. glad you had a chance tomake the trip.

btw acid, not to pry, but i found it kinda coincidental that one of the short stories i've been workin on for my senior thesis fits your descriptionpretty well. 'm sorry to say, however, it doesn't end too well for the guy.

btw acid, not to pry, but i found it kinda coincidental that one of the short stories i've been workin on for my senior thesis fits your description pretty well. 'm sorry to say, however, it doesn't end too well for the guy.
6dc353a849a2ac014f03c5ba9f2c67d4a4992a6.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i have the copyright for that one too.

So that's the Little Luccas everyone keeps talking about
eek.gif
I need to try that ASAP when I get back to the bay for the summer.

Has anyone ever been in a relationship KNOWING that it's going to end? I'm talking exact dates and all... like some kind of twisted expiration date.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DL2352

eek.gif

Has anyone ever been in a relationship KNOWING that it's going to end? I'm talking exact dates and all... like some kind of twisted expiration date.
ohwell.gif
sir, you may have just saved my project. sorry to capitalize off your situation.

and sorry to you too acid
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ikari XD

Originally Posted by DL2352

eek.gif

ohwell.gif
sir, you may have just saved my project. sorry to capitalize off your situation.

and sorry to you too acid
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I can't help but find humor in the situation.It's tragic. I honestly feel like I could turn what's going on into a movie. The mix of emotions I'm feeling is ridiculous. One moment you'refeeling on top of the world, then you hit rock bottom when the reality sets in that it's not going to last and there's nothing you can do about it.

Darby Dan's >> Little Luccas.

Darbys is the one that's on South Airport Blvd. There's actual seating in the place & a couple TVs to watch early games, since they close around4-5.

is it just me or is that delhomme gif not working?

i'll probably try lucca's soon when i make a hat run in tanforan. now if only there's a sandwich spot in the middle of the night... all i see aretaquerias, burgers, and pizza joints.

and i'm with 715, you can't just stand around there doing nothing and end up wondering. that's what i did and i still regret it. and just this pastweek saw a girl [willsmith] noticing me noticing her noticing me [/willsmith] and did nothing. my excuse is i was at work..

Yea it's Charlie Cutler. Dude up monster numbers my senior year and was named All-American. Batted like .670 with 70 something RBI's. I hope he makesit. Him and I were the only two dudes who could dunk. Lowell's short-+*! basketball team haha

I can't see why Utah would part with their best defender, do you?

Let's say Boozer walks, they have Millsap. The core of the team can basically be the same assuming Millsap improves over summer (not saying he wasn'tgood).

AK's offense has trailed off over the years, but not enough to warrant them to make a move for Crawford.Maggette who are basically Offense only.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Utah Jazz: Utah faces likely roster shakeup during bad economy[/h1]

By Ross Siler

The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated: 05/03/2009 08:58:22 AM MDT

Photo illustration (Trent Nelson/The Salt Lake Tribune)

The only thing safe to assume is that the Jazz will not be bringing back 13 players from their current roster for next season, much as they did for the 2008-09 season, an almost unprecedented number in today's NBA.

With as many as nine players who could be free agents, the Jazz will head into an offseason of uncertainty at a time of economic uncertainty, with salary-cap numbers projected to drop and NBA teams expected to be hard hit by the recession.

For the Jazz, the offseason will be defined by the opt-out decisions Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur and Kyle Korver have to make by June 30. Each can opt out of the final year of his contract and become a free agent.

The advisability, however, of doing so in this

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
free-agent market is unsure. The NBA's summer very well could resemble Major League Baseball's winter. Sixteen of 30 MLB teams slashed payroll, with Opening Day payrolls down a collective $47 million.
Boozer is set to make $12.7 million, Okur $9 million and Korver $5.2 million for 2009-10. Should none of those three opt out, the Jazz would have more than $71 million in salary committed to nine players, not counting restricted free agent Paul Millsap.

That would position the small-market Jazz to be luxury-tax payers, something ownership is determined to avoid. The Jazz's payroll this season was $65.3 million, the big difference coming with Deron Williams' contract extension kicking in for 2009-10.

The biggest questions

b

all pertain to Boozer, who voiced his desire to return to Utah as the Jazz cleaned out their lockers Tuesday after their five-game elimination at the hands of the Lakers in their first-round playoff series.

It is far from simple for Boozer. The best advice might be to play out the last season of his contract -- in Utah or elsewhere -- and hit the free-agent market in 2010, when teams are clearing salary-cap space for a class that could be headlined by LeBron James.

The Jazz, meanwhile, could sign Boozer to a contract extension before June 30, but doing so would be a huge leap for a player -- even a two-time All-Star -- who has played in only 276 of a possible 410 games (67.3 percent) in five injury-plagued seasons in Utah.

Given his desire to sign a long-term contact, Boozer is expected to opt out, though that decision would not come without risk. The only teams with the cap space to sign Boozer outright as a free agent are likely Detroit, Oklahoma City and Memphis.

If Boozer opts out, the Jazz could either re-sign him -- as Washington did with Gilbert Arenas last summer -- work out a sign-and-trade to acquire players and/or draft picks in return, or watch Boozer sign elsewhere while receiving payroll relief.

If Boozer doesn't opt out, the Jazz still could look to trade him, with Boozer having added value as an expiring contract . With the NBA salary cap projected to drop by as much as $2 million, the trade market is expected to be hot and the free-agent market frozen.

The Jazz are likely to face a decision of keeping Millsap or Boozer. Millsap has been far more durable, missing only six games the last three seasons, and had a streak of 19 consecutive double-doubles starting while Boozer was out with a knee injury.

With Millsap a restricted free agent, the Jazz can match any offer he receives from another team. They have every intention of doing so, but the question is whether they will push to sign him immediately July 1 or wait for Millsap to bring them an offer to match.

Williams seemingly offered his endorsement of Millsap this week, saying: "That's what you want on your team. You want those type of players, guys who are going to come out and do their job and work hard."

Both Okur and Korver would be happy to stay with the Jazz and sign extensions this summer, but the likelihood of the Jazz making such long-term commitments given the economy seems slim unless they feel they are getting a below-market deal.

It appears unlikely the Jazz can avoid being luxury-tax payers and bring back both Boozer and Andrei Kirilenko. Kirilenko is owed $34.3 million through 2010-11, an especially unappealing contract for teams trying to clear cap space for the summer of 2010.

Kirilenko is projected to be tied with Pau Gasol as the NBA's 11th-highest paid player next season. There could be a taker for Kirilenko's contract in Golden State, where coach Don Nelson long has been among the Russian forward's biggest fans.

Nelson has threatened to trade Jamal Crawford unless the guard opts out of the final two years and $19.4 million on his contract. The Warriors also owe Corey Maggette $39.7 million for the final four years on the contract Maggette signed just last summer.

Maggette signed a six-year, $42 million offer sheet with the Jazz as a restricted free agent in 2003, which the L.A. Clippers opted to match. The Jazz reportedly expressed interest in Maggette as a free agent again last summer.

Speaking generally, Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor said he would not be opposed to taking on a long-term salary commitment in a potential trade if it was the best basketball decision.

The Jazz also have to decide this summer about trading the unprotected first-round draft pick they are owed from New York in 2010 or holding on to it for themselves. It likely would be one of the most attractive trade chips on the market.

If they keep it, the Jazz could have a lottery pick coming from the Knicks. If this season was any indication, New York finished with the league's eighth-worst record and will have a 2.8 percent chance of landing the No. 1 overall pick and a 10 percent chance of a top-three pick.

Such a pick could provide a sweetener should the Jazz try to pursue a center with a bloated contract such as Philadelphia's Samuel Dalembert (owed $24.9 million), the Clippers' Chris Kaman ($33.9 million) or Milwaukee's Andrew Bogut ($60 million).

As for the rest of the roster, Ronnie Price, Jarron Collins, Brevin Knight and Morris Almond are unrestricted free agents, with Almond the only certainty not to return. The Jazz also have until June 15 to exercise an $870,000 option to bring back Kyrylo Fesenko for 2009-10.

By matching the four-year, $14.8 million offer sheet C.J. Miles signed with Oklahoma City, the Jazz cannot trade Miles without his consent until July 25, the one-year anniversary of that move.

[email protected]

Super salary

Andrei Kirilenko is set to be the NBA's 11th-highest paid player next season, assuming nobody eclipses his $16.5 million salary in free agency.

Player, Team, 2009-10 salary

1. Tracy McGrady, Houston, $23.2M

2. Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers, $23.0M*

3. Jermaine O'Neal, Miami, $23.0M

4. Tim Duncan, San Antonio, $22.2M

5. Shaquille O'Neal, Phoenix, $20M

6. Dirk Nowitzki, Dallas, $19.8M

6. Paul Pierce, Boston, $19.8M

8. Rashard Lewis, Orlando, $18.9M

9. Ray Allen, Boston, $18.8M

10. Michael Redd, Milwaukee, $17.0M

11. Andrei Kirilenko, Jazz, $16.5M

11. Pau Gasol, L.A. Lakers, $16.5M

*Bryant can opt out of his contract this summer. Also, Bryant and O'Neal are not tied, even though their salaries round to be the same.

[h1]Andrei Kirilenko anyone?[/h1]
http://www.examiner.com/x-6111-Golden-State-Warriors-Examiner

May 5, 12:39 PM

http://image.examiner.com/img/icon/comment.gif) no-repeat scroll left top; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; margin-right: 20px; color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;" onclick="location.href = '#comments';" title="comments">4 comments

ShareThis

http://image.examiner.com/img/icon/feed.gif) no-repeat scroll 0% 0%; display: inline; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial; color: rgb(0, 102, 153); cursor: pointer;" onclick="location.href = '/RSS-6111-Golden-State-Warriors-Examiner';" title="RSS Feed">Feed

7dc5ea4c-c497-4479-b302-603b7c7530b0.jpg

Kirilenko cleaning out his locker/ AP

The Utah Jazz have to pretty much decide between signing Carlos Boozer and Paul Millsap, and could trade Andrei Kirilenko as part of their face-lift. Kirilenko is owed $34.3 million through 2010-11.

Now, Don Nelson has long been a Kirilenko fan and you know Kirilenko would love to come here and get more minutes and more shots up. Especally 3-pointers. He is 28 and has averaged 12.5 points and 2.2 blocks in his eight-year career.

Nelson's got some pieces he wants to get rid of, like Jamal Crawford and Corey Maggette.

The Jazz, remember, showed interest in Maggette both in 2003 -- signing him to a six-year, $42 million offer sheet as a restricted free agent which the Clippers matched -- and last summer. Maggette is due $39.7 miilion for the next four years ...

Man, that is just sick. Anyway ...

Nelson hopes to trade Crawford if he doesn't opt out of the final two years and $19.4 million on his contract. And all indications are that Crawford is not insane, so he won't be doing that. Maybe Utah coach Jerry Sloan will take Crawford and Maggette in hopes that being on a winning team will force them to change some of their bad habits like shot selection and defensive indifference.

Maybe, but I say the Warriors should pass and hope that Chris Bosh's negotiations with Toronto break down. Kirilenko is just a rich man's Anthony Randolph (or poor man's?) and trading two overpriced guys for one uberpriced one seems like an attractive but bad idea.

[h2]Would You Want Kirilenko?[/h2]
By Marcus Thompson
Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 at 8:44 pm in Uncategorized.

The Salt Lake Tribune's Ross Siler wrote that the Jazz may be looking to move forward Andrei Kirilenko this offseason to cut money. He threw out there the idea of Kirilenko for Corey Maggette.
That's a pretty good scenario to ponder. For a second.

Kirilenko is due more than $34 million over the next two years. That's a lot of money for someone who averaged 11.6 points and 4.8 rebounds in 27 minutes last season, and 11.0 points and 4.7 rebounds in 30.8 minutes the year before that, and 8.3 points and 4.7 rebounds in 29.3 minutes the year before that.
Suddenly, Maggette's production and contract doesn't look so bad when you put him next to Kirilenko.
If I am Utah, and the Warriors are interested, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat. It would require another player (do the Warriors have someone making about $7-10 million who they don't want around?), but I would still do it if I'm the Jazz. $60 million total over four years is better than $34 million over two when you consider the production. They need veteran scoring off the bench (Maggette) and could use a dependable playmaker in the backcourt (Crawford) with Deron Williams. Even with their defensive deficiencies, it would be a good move for Utah.
The Warriors, on the other hand, should hang up the phone on this one. They do not need a lanky, energy player who can, at times, dominate on both ends but struggles with his emotions. They already have one of those, and he's better and way cheaper.

[h2]Kirilenko to the Warriors? Sounds great, except for a few major hitches[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on May 6th, 2009 at 2:10 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

They're bringing it up in Salt Lake City, and I'm bringing it up because MT-2 brought it up, after SLC brought it up: Could the Warriors acquire Andrei Kirilenko this summer?

A lot of the basic stuff works:

-Utah needs to clear cash with Paul Millsap a restricted F/A and Carlos Boozer a possible opt-out;

-Kirilenko is still only 28 but is due more than $34M the next two seasons;

-Don Nelson has said a nice word or two about AK-47 over the years;

-The Warriors sure could use somebody who plays great all-around defense, and Kirilenko is as good as it gets, defending wings, tall forwards, tall point guards, you name it;

-And the Warriors have Corey Maggette, Jamal Crawford and/or Ronny Turiaf's contracts lying around for easy big-money trade-making.

All nods to Ross Siler of the SLC Trib and to MT-2. And I could certainly see both teams spit-balling a potential deal.

But there are some problems here that I don't see the Jazz or the Warriors getting past in any Kirilenko-to-the-Warriors discussions, if there ever are any…

1. Utah's problem is DEFENSE, not offense. Kirilenko is BY FAR their best defensive player, even if he is a bit overpaid.

Opponents shot an effective FG% of 48.7% when Kirilenko was in the game this regular season. Opponents shot 52.0% when he was out.

That's a huge difference. (Boozer was completely the opposite-opponents shot much better when he was on the court as opposed to off.)

Again: Why would the Jazz, and Coach Jerry Sloan, trade Kirilenko and take back TERRIBLE DEFENSIVE players like Maggette or Crawford?

I don't think they would.

2. The Warriors have Anthony Randolph, who is very similar to Kirilenko and much cheaper-and Nelson has trouble figuring out how to play Randolph much because he doesn't have a consistent jump shot.

Well, neither does Kirilenko (much). And neither does Andris Biedrins. Nelson hates playing two guys together who can't shoot long jump-shots-it screws up his offense. His favorite big man: Dirk Nowitzki.

Now Nelson's going to play THREE of them together? Very little chance. So if the Warriors are thinking about acquiring Kirilenko, they'd probably have to consider moving either Randolph or Biedrins, as part of the process.

Pretty complicated.

My respect for Kirilenko's game is well-documented and unwavering… but I'm not sure how much he improves the Warriors, as they are currently constructed. Plus there's that $34M.

Unless… Does Nellie want Kirilenko to play point guard? Whole 'nother blog item, if true. But I doubt even Nelson would do that.

3. If the Jazz have money issues, specifically to re-sign Millsap (an excellent player-BETTER than Boozer), why would they move Kirilenko only to take back more longer-term money in Maggette?

Here are the Jazz top two plus/minus guys for the regular season:

* Paul Millsap: +195.

* Andrei Kirilenko: +174.

I'd think you'd want to keep those two, not mess around with trying to give up one or the other. Of course, Boozer could screw things up by declining his opt-out, and you never know, that could happen.

Now if the Warriors were offering a deal that led with Randolph… that's an entirely different conversation for Utah. That'd change everything for them.

But the Warriors can't/won't trade Randolph for somebody just like him, who makes way more, and doesn't have Randolph's offensive upside.

So I see way too many stumbling blocks for Kirilenko to be soon wearing a Warriors uniform. Larry Riley, that's the challenge: Make it happen precisely when I say it won't!

Wow, if we land AK-47... talk about the FRAILEST team in the entire NBA.

AK-47, Monta, Randolph, Wright, Biedrins, Morrow
eek.gif
sick.gif

With Kirilenko, the Warriors have the personnel to potentially be a decent defensive team with Jack, AK, Randolph, and Biedrins.

...maybe if they had a different coach.

I don't think Randolph is a good defensive player. He's a good at shot blocking, which he gets because he can't stay in front of his man.

In that last article TK talked about how Beans, Randolph, and AK couldn't play together at the same time...who needs them to? im down with having AK on thebench...i would rather pay him 34M over the next two years then Maggs' contract...DO IT RILEY!

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Yea it's Charlie Cutler. Dude up monster numbers my senior year and was named All-American. Batted like .670 with 70 something RBI's. I hope he makes it. Him and I were the only two dudes who could dunk. Lowell's short-+*! basketball team haha
Yea and i think theres a Senior on the soccer team that's got a fully ride to San Jose State to play.

My school only had one player I know that made it to the NFL. He graduated 2 years before me. My cousin is the starting running back for Washington Statethough.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by Dr 715

Yea it's Charlie Cutler. Dude up monster numbers my senior year and was named All-American. Batted like .670 with 70 something RBI's. I hope he makes it. Him and I were the only two dudes who could dunk. Lowell's short-+*! basketball team haha
Yea and i think theres a Senior on the soccer team that's got a fully ride to San Jose State to play.
the cutler brothers are born with some good physical genes.

is it true that the giants were scouting him during his senior year? i was only a freshmen

Back
Top Bottom