Delete.

Wouldn't believe it from a personnel standpoint...

I'll wait for TK to break it since he loves writing about the Lakers.

Also, the dude who first broke the news about Amare to the Warriors on realgm, is saying that it's done and amare to the warriors

Seemed like Warriors S+T regulars.
laugh.gif

[h1]Clarifying the Suns-Warriors situation[/h1]
10 comments by Paul Coro - Jun. 26, 2009 12:03 PM
The Arizona Republic

When Minnesota picked Jonny Flynn with the sixth pick Thursday night, the Suns basketball operations office erupted in elation audible from a floor below. They had their guy ... or at least they thought they did and still believe they do.
The Suns had an agreement in principle with Golden State about a deal that would send Amaré Stoudemire to the Warriors for Andris Biedrins, Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli and the No. 7 pick. It was the Suns' understanding that the Warriors were drafting Curry for them.
But with Biedrins' base-year compensation status, a deal can't be completed immediately because his cap number is lower than his actual $9 million salary until July. The Suns were expecting to have to wait about two weeks (until July
glasses.gif
for the deal to be completed.

That is a lot of time, especially when there already is a lot of talk out of Golden State about the Warriors keeping Curry. That about-face apparently would nix the deal for the Suns.

Even today, there is still a belief in Phoenix that the deal will get pushed through under the initial agreement. But Golden State may have been shocked that Curry was available and is having a change of heart. There was nothing binding about the agreement.

"I was concerned at one time that we might not be able to get him," Golden State General Manager Larry Riley told reporters in Oakland. "I thought he might go ahead of us but as the draft turned out, it came to our favor."

He also added that Curry will "definitely be a contributor to our team as a rookie" but also was asked about reports that Curry was part of a trade. He said, "I'm operating as though Stephen Curry is a Golden State Warrior. We're in contact with a lot of teams and have been throughout this draft. We've been extremely busy and at this stage I'll have no comment on potential trades or anything that involves movement in the future. I will tell you that we would seek to improve our ballclub throughout this summer by whatever means."

That's not exactly a guarantee that Curry is staying.

The Warriors, overloaded at guard, have wanted Stoudemire for a while to fill their desire for a versatile power forward. Stoudemire assumably would like to be a team's focal point and also would want a contract extension, something the Suns were not prepared to give him.

Stoudemire could walk in a year. So the Suns felt like this was the best deal they could get with four players coming back in it, including a point guard in Curry who they feel has Steve Nash qualities as a playmaker and shooter.

Stoudemire's ability to walk in a year and his health history (knees, eye) would be issues that Golden State would seem to need addressed, if they have not been already.

The deal would also shave more money off the Suns' payroll and could put them under the luxury tax threshold. But if such a deal occurs, where do the Suns' points in the paint come? The starting big men would probably be Biedrins, who is scores off easy stuff, and Wright, a power forward who scores off a mid-range game. But the Suns would play as fast as ever.

Wright is important in the deal because the Suns would have a void in the frontcourt and need a shooting power forward for their system. They would have to seek another big man who can score in free agency.

Curry said the right things about wanting to be a Warrior but a source in the know said going to the Warriors was his worst-case scenario. The possibility "terrified" the Curry contingent and that would be made clear to the Warriors.

Warriors front office sounded pretty happy to get Curry. Could they really be that happy to grab him only to ship him out?

Originally Posted by daprescription

Originally Posted by jrich for MVP

Did 2k9 add the rookies to the roster?
I know some user created the entire draft class, but after I downloaded them, they were all rated 80
smh.gif
Dang..
laugh.gif
I thought it was official, there probably won'tbe an official roster till 2k10 huh. I just want to shoot 3's with Curry and Morrow all game.

Back
Top Bottom