Delete.

wow that was quick
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td]Friday Amare Rumor Roundup[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Written by Jim Del Favero [/td] [/tr][tr][td]Friday, 26 June 2009[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Curry press conference just completed, (fake moon landing style) it wasn't very convincing or long. 4 minutes total, 3 questions, clear the set, photo opp. Ray's comment on it says it best. It seemed like there should have been a hostage negotiator at the press conference. "Kerr, we have something that belongs to you. You have one hour before we hurt the kid."

Update from Sheed as of 1:45pm PST. Curry included in the deal, 5 year extension for Amare, terms not disclosed.

Deal is Beans/Wright/Beli/Curry forAmare/Clark

Even more discussion today around the trade in the works between the Warriors and Suns. The story seems to change hourly, the most reasonable scenario is probably:

-Warriors are still working to finalize an extension with Amare that is to their liking given his history if injury

-Suns want Curry in the deal, Warriors didn't expect to land him, and don't want to include him

These are a couple of big issues to be worked out. Amare is still young, and talented and fits into the W's system, but his attitude is a little too Corey Magette for my tastes. His microfracture injury, and rumors of needing another in a year or two, combined with his recent pirate eye problems make him a high risk signing.

Biedrins is a solid young center. Wright is athletic and still a young big with smarts and potential. Belinelli showed some flashes of potential before his injury last year. Those three for an oft injured Amare seems reasonable. Asking for Curry on top of that and the Suns better hope they have another offer on the table.

Curry conference call / intro at 2pm PST. Still going forward.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Our biggest strength last year was scoring. Our biggest weaknesses last year were rebounding and defense. With that being said......

We are about to trade our best rebounder and interior defender for a scoring PF.....and a lot of you guys are ok with this. We took our two biggest problemsfrom last year, and are about to make them even bigger problems than they were last year.

What am I missing here?

Well, I think AR can make up for Beans on the glass.

Also, I'd like this deal if we didn't have to extend STAT to a max deal.

Like I've said before, for me, this is the make it or break it year on Beans. Son needs to bring an offensive game to the table or his contract is overvalued.

I'll concede that him playing for us currently make hinder his role and he MAY go on somewhere else and learn better...but I'd rather just build aroundAR and Monta (to a lesser extent) and start clearing salary.

Originally Posted by dland24

Our biggest strength last year was scoring. Our biggest weaknesses last year were rebounding and defense. With that being said......

We are about to trade our best rebounder and interior defender for a scoring PF.....and a lot of you guys are ok with this. We took our two biggest problems from last year, and are about to make them even bigger problems than they were last year.

What am I missing here?
It's the Warriors. They rate points/offense too much. Thinking putting a team full of 20PPG guys on different teams makes a difference. Samewith the losing Baron and adding Maggette. Yeah it was 20 PPG back, but the defense is nonexistent for Maggette while Baron's (IMO) was solid. They'restupid and don't think about the smaller pieces like Andris who can be effective without the ball, which is important on a team full of scorers and playerswho need the ball to be effective. Outside of scoring/offense, there are so many problems with this trade for the Warriors.

I'm personally cool with rebuilding around Randolph, Ellis, and Amare.

That is a good core to start with IMO. But you need to address the backcourt and get a real PG until Monta proves himself worthy.

Some of you are acting like Andris was a great or good post defender. He was ok at best. This guy got dominated by a lot of PF's let alone Center'sin the league.

beans was never a good post defender. he would get pushed around like a scarecrow out there.

he did clean up the glass though, and on a team overloaded with offensive minded players, he helped/tried to keep things in balance.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

My fear is he'll be a poor man (and softer, due to size) Pau Gasol.

AT Best.
amare or beans?

My fear is he'll be a poor man (and softer, due to size) Pau Gasol.

AT Best.
Beans?

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

As long as he stays healthy, he'll be a good second-tier Center, and that's nothing to be upset with, he's just not a dominant Offensive force, butthose are far and few between.

Beans - and with no offensive game to compliment a gasol.

Gasol isn't a center, really...he should be a PF, but can fit the role.

Beans wont' be that for the Warriors and his Offensive game is non-existent. Slightly ahead of D-Howards.

Not worth it for the next 4 years if we can parlay him into something better.

We can't approximate what life after Nellie will be like, either....which makes the decision harder.

anyone refreshing S&T and realgm.com every 3-5 minutes to see if a trade has gone down. this is why i love and hate the nba offseason
laugh.gif

Beans - and with no offensive game to compliment a gasol.

Gasol isn't a center, really...he should be a PF, but can fit the role.

Beans wont' be that for the Warriors and his Offensive game is non-existent. Slightly ahead of D-Howards.

Not worth it for the next 4 years if we can parlay him into something better.

We can't approximate what life after Nellie will be like, either....which makes the decision harder.
As soft as Gasol is tagged, he does work down low, and he gets pushed around a lot, but his post moves are good, and he can finish around thebasket with his nice hands, that's why the Lakers are so good, and why I was so
grin.gif
when the Lakers got him and some people werne't too impressedover Gasol.

If Beans can ever get close to Gasol's level around the basket, he'll be just fine.

Originally Posted by 22stylez

anyone refreshing S&T and realgm.com every 3-5 minutes to see if a trade has gone down. this is why i love and hate the nba offseason
laugh.gif
i am, plus i'm bored as hell in my cubicle

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by 22stylez

laugh.gif
i am, plus i'm bored as hell in my cubicle
i am, got the day off so thats all im going to be doing + working out
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom