Billy Mays
frown.gif
. Never got a chance to make that avy.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by daprescription

Dudes skills are unmatched....
Real talk. R.I.P.
tired.gif
this guy single-handedly touched the lives of many. he is gone too soon. he never meant to hurt anyone, just had the mind of a salesman. hisabilities don't come around too often. history will vindicate him as the Kin of Infomercials. RIP Billy Mays. I pour this last cup of oxyclean to you, myfriend.

Marc Stein:
The good news? The Warriors still might wind up with Stoudemire, whom they've coveted since February when the Suns first made him available as part of what is looking like a full-scale roster disassembly. Our tap-the-brakes disclaimer? Sources with certified knowledge of the teams' negotiations say the deal is "still a maybe" and "not anywhere close" to completion. For a variety of reasons.

The Warriors would love to keep No. 7 pick Stephen Curry out of the exchange, and the Suns naturally are pushing for Curry's inclusion. The Warriors also have to be sure Stoudemire's eye and microfracture-repaired knee check out and hammer out the framework of a contract with him before completing the swap, or else they're surrendering the likes of Andris Biedrins, Brandan Wright and Marco Belinelli (and/or Kelenna Azubuike) for someone who can leave them in free agency in 2010.

The motivation, though, is believed to be there on both sides to push this through in July. With new general manager Larry Riley launching his tenure as aggressively as David Kahn's in Minnesota, Golden State is convinced it has a face-of-the-franchise opening that will appeal to Amare's superstar longings as well as a coach in Don Nelson who has been waiting his whole coaching life (or at least since Chris Webber's youth) for a power player with Stoudemire's mobility and elbow jumper.

USA did waaaaay better than anybody expected. Brazil's offense is just too good. Props to Howard for defending for as long as he did.

Originally Posted by dont be a menace

damn didn't know he died. RIP

was just watching pitchmen on discovery a couple days ago too and he had a young kid still..
That's first thing I thought of...

tired.gif

Wasn't Houston reportedly interested in Amar'e, too? Are they actively pursuing him or did they just give up?

havent heard that one, BTW, whose in your avy?

I got an avy of Hedo Turkoglu's celebration after he hit the game winning 3 against Boston 2 seasons ago.

And I thought I heard something about Houston trying to get Amar'e when the Yao news broke out... or did I hear it from my friend (an unreliable source
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
).

Hmmm... just saw it on RealGM. Dude (not on RealGM, but on ESPN forums) seems to believe in his source. Hawks are trying to make a push for Amar'e in adeal that would include Josh Smith.

Actually you are right, did a little search, and found this from a couple of days ago
According to the same source that disclosed Terry Porter was about to be fired as Suns coach, the Rockets are leaning toward swapping Tracy McGrady's expiring $22M contract, Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks for Leandro Barbosa and Stoudemire, who owns an
escape clause after next season and is demanding an extension this summer to waive it.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Actually you are right, did a little search, and found this from a couple of days ago
According to the same source that disclosed Terry Porter was about to be fired as Suns coach, the Rockets are leaning toward swapping Tracy McGrady's expiring $22M contract, Carl Landry and Aaron Brooks for Leandro Barbosa and Stoudemire, who owns an
escape clause after next season and is demanding an extension this summer to waive it.

A-ha! I knew I heard it somewhere!
laugh.gif

Hmmm... just saw it on RealGM. Dude (not on RealGM, but on ESPN forums) seems to believe in his source. Hawks are trying to make a push for Amar'e in a deal that would include Josh Smith.
Hmm... then I go to read on in the ESPN forums and the dude said he just talked to his source and said Amar'e to the Hawks can't work.

you're right on this. IT IS NOT.

Alright- sorry everyone. .. just got off the phone with him again. He says the deal IS NOT happening. They cannot make the numbers work. Now he says, Kerr got way ahead of himself on this one

...like I said before, teams are afraid of Amare and his eye right now until they see him play. Atlanta wasn't willing to deal what the Suns were looking for and still consider Amare "damaged goods". He doubts anything will happen now.

Sorry . shouldn't even have posted on this but it sounded good a couple of hours ago. Turns out the Suns were just getting ahead of themselves. .and so was I.

Back
Top Bottom