Delete.

lol Curry > Morrow

Morrow > Curry

Blah > Blah

See how easy that was?

They're both shooters...how in THE blue hell can you just guess which one can outshoot the other? I can see if one was marginal shooter and one was amarksman...but they both are lights out so what are you talking about?

Originally Posted by dland24

I really dont understand how everyone is having the opinion "Im down for the trade if we dont get rid of Curry."

Why in the blue hell does everyone think Curry is going to be so good? I just dont get it. He can shoot the rock.....hes amazing at it. But so was JJ Redick. What makes this undersized 2 so valuable? He isnt a pure point and I would be willing to bet a ton of money that Anthony Morrow will outshoot the hell out of Curry for the coming years.

What is your infatuation with this kid?

It's hard to determine how good someone is when they havent even played in 1 nba game. Second, you can't compare past college greats especially sincethey went to different teams. Different teams have different mindsets, and redick had no opportunity to play due to the fact that he was drafted into thewrong system. He didn't have the desire to get better because he didnt get the time to play. I don't covet curry, i don't see him as someone thatis untradable. But here is what I do know. The kid can shoot, and he's a valuable trading chip in our talks with the suns. If we lose him AND Biedrinsthen we'll be getting ripped off. IF traded we need a trade that will work to OUR advantage, especially when he's coveted so highly by the phoenixsuns. I'm more worried about losing biedrins than curry.

Originally Posted by dland24

I really dont understand how everyone is having the opinion "Im down for the trade if we dont get rid of Curry."

Why in the blue hell does everyone think Curry is going to be so good? I just dont get it. He can shoot the rock.....hes amazing at it. But so was JJ Redick. What makes this undersized 2 so valuable? He isnt a pure point and I would be willing to bet a ton of money that Anthony Morrow will outshoot the hell out of Curry for the coming years.

What is your infatuation with this kid?
Basketball IQ.. he can flat out play. JJ was slow as snails coming into the L and couldnt do anything but shoot. Curry can become a Jet/Bibby typeplayer... neither of them are pure PGs but are still effective.

Although Morrow has a quicker release and better form, Curry has more range than Morrow. Plus he's quicker and has more handles.

I'll take the guy who lead the league in 3PT%.

All I'm saying is, Curry may have the ball handling over Morrow, but people are hyping up a potential Curry + Ellis backcourt too much.

Besides getting ran though defensively, SJax is already the starting 2 according to Nelly, and Riley said Curry won't really get into the flow of thingsuntil Dec.

Maybe they were better off drafting Hill, who has as much potential as Curry, and keeping him. We don't know the specifics, but maybe the proposed deal,minus the 7 pick had it been Hill, would've gotten through.

Woulda helped with the front court depth after trading away Beans and Wright.

But of course since he doesn't have an established mid range, Nelly probably woulda overlooked dude anyway smh.

Eventually, Riley has to start thinking about the future in an offense that isn't Nelly ball.

Either way, including the 7 pick period is OD whoever it was/Curry

Originally Posted by endemic415

Ellis
Curry
Jackson
Randolph
Amare

I'd like to see that

Yessirrr
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 650

guys, how do i go about getting my avy privileges back?

RIP

aa9254742c667a9f82af1f5924bdd9da2a093fb_t.gif

frown.gif
How'd you lose it in the first place?

You get it back by PMing an admin and asking for it back. Not that it's ever happened to me, but that's what others have done in order to get their avyprivileges back.

^ Is it because it's over 200KB? That'd be my guess...

Ask Bastitch, he's a Warriors fan isn't he?
laugh.gif
MAYBE it'll be easier to get your avy back.

Oh, I didn't check the file size of that avy because I thought it was ok since you've been using that avy for quite some time now.
laugh.gif

yeah i had made one under the limit, but when i switched to another avy then switched back, i guess i accidentally selected the one over the limit
frown.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Im kinda mad that Amare is probably not coming to GS after all
mad.gif
I'm not. Adding another scorer and ball dominating player isn't filling much of a void. The Warriors still scored a lot last season afterlosing Baron, but it was obvious that the team was worse. Adding points without adding defense doesn't help, and the fact that Andris is one of the fewdefenders on the team makes me hate the trade. He's effective without the ball, he doesn't whine, and he always plays hard.

Amar'e played with freaking Nash and in D'Antoni's system for a while and almost became a championship team. No offense to Nelson, butD'Antoni's run-and-gun system > Nelson's and Nash > any PG the Warriors can produce. Throw in the fact that Maggette and Jackson are alsovets who fiend for the ball and don't pass and it doesn't bode well for the team. There's also that missing PG to distribute the ball. Jacksonrunning the pick and roll? That's laughable if you remember his #%#%#+ passes. Andris has better hands than Amar'e and still couldn't get a ton ofthose crappy passes from Jack. Imagine Amar'e trying to get them instead and it's gonna be
sick.gif

Originally Posted by daprescription

I'll take anybody. If that doesn't work, then on to Boozer
smokin.gif
The problem with boozer is that he would get in the way of developing Randolph

I just want to say, that people thought that KG/ALLEN/PP wouldnt work because they all demand the ball. Look what happened. Im not saying that Jax/Maggs/Amarewould win a chip, but if they put their egos aside, which i think Jax, and Amare could do ( dont know about Maggs ), this team wouldnt be bad. Regarding thedefense and all that. When you have a weak perimeter defense team, your interior defenders stats could be inflated some due to the amount of oppurtunitys theyget. Also Biedrins was the only real rebounder besides randolph and turiaf on the team. I think Biedrins is a slightly better defender than Amare, but not bymuch if Amare were on the Warriors. Plus we still would have Randolph

I'd take Amare in whatever way you guys can, and I thought Curry+Biedrins was reasonable.

BUT! It'd peak my interests more if the Warriors got Amare then went after a pass-first PG who could FEED Amare. Like a Sessions, like a Kidd, etc.

^ thats the only reason I wouldnt give up Curry for Stat cause he would probably be the only player (besides Jax) who can feed him for years to come. Peopletend to underestimate Steph's ability to pass the ball with so much hype on his shot and was a huge liability to score for Davidson.

any names for Steph yet?
Dirty Thirty?
The Kid?
TIs little brother on ATL?

I don't think Curry's passing will translate well to the NBA, scouting reports are much more thorough in the NBA, it might work for a while, buthe'd get locked down eventually IMO.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't take Amare if you couldn't find a PG who could distribute, hell I bet Speedy could hold his own feeding Amare theball, he's no Nash, but still, better than nothing I suppose.

Curry, IMO, is a glorified JJ Redick, and I love JJ as an NBA player, he's grown leaps and bounds as a player, but Curry has some work to do, includingbulking up, and playing some D. Plus his shot selection was
sick.gif
in College. If you remember watching him he'd nail some crazy shots, but he'd be takingthe stupidest ones too.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't think Curry's passing will translate well to the NBA, scouting reports are much more thorough in the NBA, it might work for a while, but he'd get locked down eventually IMO.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't take Amare if you couldn't find a PG who could distribute, hell I bet Speedy could hold his own feeding Amare the ball, he's no Nash, but still, better than nothing I suppose.

Curry, IMO, is a glorified JJ Redick, and I love JJ as an NBA player, he's grown leaps and bounds as a player, but Curry has some work to do, including bulking up, and playing some D. Plus his shot selection was
sick.gif
in College. If you remember watching him he'd nail some crazy shots, but he'd be taking the stupidest ones too.
Curry had to take those shots in college because no one else on the team would. He was a pretty good late game shooter. Also Curry is quicker,smarter, better ball handler than Redick. Im not saying Curry will be great in the NBA, if you guys re-call, i was saying i did not want Curry on this team,and i still sort of dont, but he's better than redick by a lot

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I don't think Curry's passing will translate well to the NBA, scouting reports are much more thorough in the NBA, it might work for a while, but he'd get locked down eventually IMO.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't take Amare if you couldn't find a PG who could distribute, hell I bet Speedy could hold his own feeding Amare the ball, he's no Nash, but still, better than nothing I suppose.

Curry, IMO, is a glorified JJ Redick, and I love JJ as an NBA player, he's grown leaps and bounds as a player, but Curry has some work to do, including bulking up, and playing some D. Plus his shot selection was
sick.gif
in College. If you remember watching him he'd nail some crazy shots, but he'd be taking the stupidest ones too.
Curry had to take those shots in college because no one else on the team would. He was a pretty good late game shooter. Also Curry is quicker, smarter, better ball handler than Redick. Im not saying Curry will be great in the NBA, if you guys re-call, i was saying i did not want Curry on this team, and i still sort of dont, but he's better than redick by a lot
I can see where you're coming from, and yeah I don't see this as the best place for Curry. As for Redick, coming into the NBA, yeah Currywas a better player all-around, but I think JJ was a better shooter, call em crazy. But the thing with Redick is that he's developed so much on both endsof the floor that warrants him getting PT. I mean I really think that's part of the reason they let Courtney Lee go, yeah he was awesome, he shined, but ifyou think about it, that kid is just going to get better, and he's going to continue to shine. What's that mean further down the road? $$$. MaybeI'm giving their GM too much credit, but JJ won't cost them as much as Lee will once it's time to sign an extension, and JJ has shown he can D up,he can be a PHENOMENAL half-court passer for a SG, and that his stroke is getting more consistent.

I think if we saw JJ take more shots when he was a rookie he would have done better.

Back
Top Bottom