Did/Will you preorder Destiny

• Yes

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Still on the fence

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
So far I've gotten two Exotic drops, one from an Exotic Engram, one from a Legendary Engram. The Exotic Engram gave me a chest piece I already had, and the Legendary Engram gave me the weak *** Hand Cannon that I could've chosen as a reward for that early story mission :rolleyes.

i like the raid this time around except the Dog part honestly i think its the weakest part of the raid. Everything is mechanics driven which means its more about team work than guy who is 290 light and above having the honor of completion.

Basically if you can DPS some what during the first 3 encounters the real gear check is the final boss cause honestly you really really really don't wanna be forced to 3 cycle it. we carried the other 2 (low lights) based on getting like 80 skulls with cold heart

we beat it with my old group and one guy was 275 and another 272 .

The raid rewards suck basically its hard to level unless you play this game all day or have the best luck in the world.

making multiple characters does help with leveling since you get more chances at high level loot

Anyone think Xur's prices will continually rise? Since Shards are so much easier to come by as compared to Strange Coins I don't see the stuff he's selling to stay at ~25 Shards. I didn't play any of the D1 expansions so forgive me if this has happened before.

Maybe it's just me but the shotgun and sniper are useless as power weapons. I'm better off using a sword for CQC or a rocket launcher for groups. And I can damn near sniper a person from across the map with a normal scout or assault rifle

Reactions: Ube
Maybe it's just me but the shotgun and sniper are useless as power weapons. I'm better off using a sword for CQC or a rocket launcher for groups. And I can damn near sniper a person from across the map with a normal scout or assault rifle
I always go with sniper. I use that blue Aachen-LR2 sniper with Ambush scope, AP rounds and Snapshot (faster aim). You can hold down lanes with little effort and quickly take out supers from long distance ... provided you hit them in the head or spam bodyshots. I generally get more kills with it than my rocket launcher, though admittedly I haven't used rockets much in PvP. I get 6 sniper bullets so that's a pretty good amount of kill potential. I would agree that shotguns aren't worth it. Not that they're really "bad" but they just get outclassed by the rockets, sword or even fusion rifles.

Got robbed for my Rat King, did the Nightfall with more than 5 minutes, no gun :angry:

Make sure your fireteam has the quest active OR if they've completed it, they have to have the Rat King EQUIPPED as the mission finishes.

Me and my boy were carrying our friends to Rat Kings and learned we would use our normal kinetic throughout the mission then as the boss was near death, we'd switch to our Rat Kings. This ensured our friends would receive it.

I was sure kinetic weapon mods didn't exist before but I've found 3 in the past 2 days. 1 I got straight up and the other 2 I got from turning in blue mods. Burning through glimmer like crazy lol.

I ended up getting trials shotgun and raid pulse rifle from Hawthorne engrams. Thanks TMT and whoever did trials (TMT also?) lol.

I was sure kinetic weapon mods didn't exist before but I've found 3 in the past 2 days. 1 I got straight up and the other 2 I got from turning in blue mods. Burning through glimmer like crazy lol.

I ended up getting trials shotgun and raid pulse rifle from Hawthorne engrams. Thanks TMT and whoever did trials (TMT also?) lol.

How I've only gotten one and every random weapon mod I try to take a chance on is just the elemental ****. Grr. I need to mod my raid auto

Anyone else think this game is moving way too fast?

Also, I actually love the game itself but there's just something not right with Bungies formula this time... Aside from aesthetics and slightly better perks on weapons there's really no reason to even RAID which was one of the best things in D1. Getting higher light gear is always good but then what? If it remains this way there's no way this game will last 3 years like D1.

People in this thread that played D1 know that feeling of getting that Fatebringer or Vex at the end of VOG... That **** was special man. That feeling just ain't there this time. I hope they can somewhat bring this back somehow.

Reactions: Ube
biggie62 biggie62 is correct. Just watch some of these YouTube videos of the raid weapons and trials weapons, and it'll show that they are far more superior versions of the current legendaries that are out in the wild right now

Hopefully Bungie puts a lot more depth into the mod system in the future. I feel like all of the mods we can attach are generic as hell. Like, it would be dope if we could add perks to our gear. Like a firefly mod or a mulligan mod etc.

Also, is it just me, or did they get lazy as hell with the gear in this game compared to D1? Almost every legendary piece of armor I find has the same perks. There's really no need to change armor other than power level and aesthetics. Exotics are no better. Even D1Y1 had better rolls on armor and weapons

Anyone else think this game is moving way too fast?

Also, I actually love the game itself but there's just something not right with Bungies formula this time... Aside from aesthetics and slightly better perks on weapons there's really no reason to even RAID which was one of the best things in D1. Getting higher light gear is always good but then what? If it remains this way there's no way this game will last 3 years like D1.

People in this thread that played D1 know that feeling of getting that Fatebringer or Vex at the end of VOG... That **** was special man. That feeling just ain't there this time. I hope they can somewhat bring this back somehow.

I saw a post on Reddit that said D2 is "a mile wide and an inch deep"

Seemed fitting

Also, is it just me, or did they get lazy as hell with the gear in this game compared to D1? Almost every legendary piece of armor I find has the same perks. There's really no need to change armor other than power level and aesthetics. Exotics are no better. Even D1Y1 had better rolls on armor and weapons

Its intentional........Bungie announced back during the D2 reveal that they were REMOVING RANDOMIZED PERKS.

Bungie insists that removing random perks HELPS THEM with weapon balancing, instead of the old "nerfing an entire weapon archtype" system form D1.

I'm sure it does and it helps the casuals to stay on par. Problem with MMO based games like this is that you can't satisfy everyone. This year they are working to appease the casual more which most MMOs do after their first installment. The hardcore 1% will always find something to complain about so then ignoring them is actually the smart thing like it or not.

I do have one beef and that the armor for both trials and the raid don't have specific perks of that activity. Almost defeats the purposes of farming it.

Last edited:
Its intentional........Bungie announced back during the D2 reveal that they were REMOVING RANDOMIZED PERKS.

Bungie insists that removing random perks HELPS THEM with weapon balancing, instead of the old "nerfing an entire weapon archtype" system form D1.
Sounds lazy as hell :lol:. We know they still gonna nerf weapons when they feel like it. That still doesn't explain the lack of creativity in the gear. Especially legendaries. I remember during the Dark Below expansion even the legendary armor was pretty dope. There were thrall skin gauntlets and helmets. Even hunters had capes based on wizard cloaks. So far in D2 the only cabal inspired armor you can get is from the raid

Back
Top Bottom