Do teens give respect to older guys who collect????

I know a dude that is probably 45 years old and still collects Jays. I am 22. I respect him more so then any jordans collector. He has been in the game sincelike 85'. I wasnt even born yet. So i give props to the older collectors. They are big brothers to me and i appricate them big time

NEW GENERATION DUDE THE YOUNG ONES ARE GOING TO TAKE OVER. I HAVE RESPECT FOR OLDER DUDES AND MJ but its our turn NOW.

Originally Posted by eltouha

i'm over 30 and can easily say that buying jays now is nothing like it once was. it's quite sad and pathetic at the moment imo. whether this is due to JB or to the young, i can't honestly say. both perhaps.

i laugh at the young'uns getting all defensive in this thread. if you feel the need to be defensive, then you're essentially admitting some liability to the original claim. and besides, it's the internet. you will never meet the OP, so what difference does it make what he thinks of you?

The only liability we're admitting to the original claim, is that we're teens or the 30- group.
indifferent.gif

But to the thread starter, you're blaming the wrong people. Most the collectors on niketalk collect because they actually like the shoes as much as youdo (regardless of age), not because it's a fad.

If you want to go vent, go yell at the kid who called you a hypebeast.

Don't whine about the younger generation in the wrong place.

P.S. If you want respect, give it. I could care less about the "Nike Air" on the back of your kicks. Heck, if i wanted that shoe, I could get it. Theonly significant difference between us is age. Which in my mind, does entitle you to some respect. But that doesn't give you any right to label everyyounger sneakerhead. And yeah, I admit, it is offensive.
tired.gif

I think its the opposite. Older people disrespect the teens and think we are all a bunch of hypebeasts who know nothing about Jordan. They also dismiss thefact that some of us may be in high school, but it doesn't mean we are not working to earn the money we use for Jordans also.

bigsupa wrote:
Difference between you and I is this...my III, IV, V, & VI's say NIKE AIR ON THE BACK!!!

So now you're saying that you're the %!% just because you got Nike Air on the back. If people my age were born back then, we would have Nike Air onthe back too......so what's your point?

mad respect to every sneaker collector. more to our elders because they the knowledge that some of us young collectors dont. im 20 and i still am learning moreand more every day. everyone has their opinion. just respect of what they gotta say.
happy.gif

I can't believe the elitism going on around here. Get it right, you are not better in any way, shape, or form just because you were born earlier thananother person and therefore were able to admire Jordan and his sneakers earlier than others. That is all it boils down too, and you can't argue your wayaround it. I also don't agree with the whole "respect your elders" thing. Respect must earned.

Another thing is a lot of you had Jordans when you were younger kids, and your parents bought them for you. What about those who were unfortunate enough to beable to afford any of them? Does that make us lesser collectors? My first pair of Jordans were the XXIs, but I've wanted them ever since I was little andknew what they were.

Someone said they laugh at people who say they have 10 pairs of Jordans because it's not a lot? Are you serious? 10 pairs of sneakers is an enormousamount. It may not be a lot compared to your collection, but that still doesn't make it a small amount of sneakers. Another example of elitism.

They better...j/k. I see kids all the time neck breakin all the time so I guess were getting the respect. They just gotta remember the 23+ group of us havebeen doin this much longer. Watching jordan at any point of his career is respect. My 8 YO nephew watches my jordan dvds every time he's around. MJ is hisfavorite player.

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

I like the fact that you saying teens use their parents money to buy kicks though. I'm 18 and have bought all my kicks with my own money. I've never asked my parents for money for kicks. I respect the older cats but best believe I do not owe "you" anything for the fact that you watched MJ play longer than me. Just because you were around longer doesn't entitle you to something anymore than someone else unless we are talking about retirement or Social Security
laugh.gif
. I understand you are mad that a "young'n" called you a hypebeast but do not stereotype all youngsters. That is not cool. Give respect to earn respect.

Couldn't have said it any better.

grin.gif

Originally Posted by K20Lee

IMO you got it wrong. a real sneakerhead isn't gonna disrespect no matter what age. it's the posers who rock fakes and buy just to resell that fit what you're describing. btw, take a deep breath and...... "WOOSAAA!"

Co-sign with this

Some people have too much times on their hands. Its just shoes. The majority of us are consumers no one is better than each other. Wether your first Jordanswere the KOs or if they were the Countdown package who cares.

I buy jordans because of What Michael Jordan did throughout his career. I respect him as player and one of the greatest of all time to play the game. That ISthe only reason I buy Jordans...but I do get where your comin from. I see kids everywhere buyin Jay's for stupid reasons, and just tryin to be'cool' which is ridiculous. Half of these kids don't even know what Mike did throughout his Career yet alone anything about the shoe they arewearing. It's ridiculous the other day a kid came up to me and told me My Olympic jersey was fake....he said to me and I quote "Jordan never woreNumber 9." lmao...I laughed in his face and walked away. It's pretty pathetic....but it's w/e. I'm just gonna do me and continue doing what Ilove to do.
I give respect to every collector, young or old, as long as I know they're genuine with it...and not doing it for all the wrong reasons.

nah, the old sneakerheads aint the only ones youngings like me waer'em cause they look sick...c'mon now who doesnt want the sickest freshest kicksout??

Their shoes im not going to show you more respect b/c you have more than me. I'll show you the respect you deserve as an adult but definitely not cuz youhave more Jordans. And im not a hypebeast.

i give em respect. they been in it while it wasnt "cool" and when it was. anybody who's true to anything not degrading or wrong deserves respect

THIS THREAD REALLY GOT SOME ATTENTION SOME GOOD SOME NEGATIVE ALL IN ALL IS THIS IF I CATCH A YOUNGIN ROCKIN SOME SICK JOINTS IM GONNA LET HIM KNOW HE GOT SOMEHOT JOINTS ON AND KEEP IT MOVIN..RESPECT COMES WHEN YOU GIVE IT.....RIGHT?? RIGHT!!!

BUT THERE ARE A COUPLE OF YA AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE WHO THINK ROCKIN FEMALE JEANS WITH A PR OF RETRO OG COLORWAY KICKS MAKES YOU THE SHYZZZZ....YA JUST APOOP STAIN!

34135a91bbc4a53f4325be3dfafc8c1ffd0883c.pjpg

I had to bust the gif out
laugh.gif

Its good that you got all you wanted out of the thread but why is a person as old as you claim to be worried about what youngsters are wearing their jordanswith? Nobody stopped you from rocking your jordans the way you did back in the day.

AS LONGEST THEY HAVE GREAT HEAT TO SHOW OFF ITS ALL GOOD................AS LONGEST THEY DONT HATE I DONT HATE....................

bigsupa, now that is something that I agree with you about. Wearing tight clothes (with seven different colors and rhinestones, no less) is NOT cool and itdoesn't look good in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom