Do women have it easier than men in modern society?

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

There are benefits and disadvantages to each gender but in general Id say no. The American class structure places white men at the top and black women at the bottom.

Ever heard of Oprah?...lol Anywho, yes they have it easier, it's a CHOICE for a woman to be independent and handle her own 100% specially if she's attractive...for a man is not a matter of choice, we as men are expected to take on full responsibilities when in a relationship...however it's NOT a choice for a woman to not make such responsible man a sandwich....I had to teach mines the rough way
smokin.gif

So your argument is pointing out an obvious outlier. That like me saying black people are economically disadvantaged in society and you bringing up Jordan

-Women traditionally, atleast I know in the black community are left to bare the brunt of raising children on their own more often than not
-Women are at a disadvantage in many ways when it comes to making in corporate America and certain male dominated industries...they are making strides in the same way black people are but a gap still exists.

this is a male dominated thread I honestly don't expect any of yall to see it this way but it isn't easy by any means being a woman.

lol @ people saying if a woman is attractive....what happens when her looks fade? More often than not these women who rely on their looks get to a point in their lives when they realize it got them nowhere and they have nothing to offer society.
-

Originally Posted by ksteezy

There are benefits and disadvantages to each gender but in general Id say no. The American class structure places white men at the top and black women at the bottom.

Ever heard of Oprah?...lol Anywho, yes they have it easier, it's a CHOICE for a woman to be independent and handle her own 100% specially if she's attractive...for a man is not a matter of choice, we as men are expected to take on full responsibilities when in a relationship...however it's NOT a choice for a woman to not make such responsible man a sandwich....I had to teach mines the rough way
smokin.gif

So your argument is pointing out an obvious outlier. That like me saying black people are economically disadvantaged in society and you bringing up Jordan

-Women traditionally, atleast I know in the black community are left to bare the brunt of raising children on their own more often than not
-Women are at a disadvantage in many ways when it comes to making in corporate America and certain male dominated industries...they are making strides in the same way black people are but a gap still exists.

this is a male dominated thread I honestly don't expect any of yall to see it this way but it isn't easy by any means being a woman.

lol @ people saying if a woman is attractive....what happens when her looks fade? More often than not these women who rely on their looks get to a point in their lives when they realize it got them nowhere and they have nothing to offer society.
-

One only needs to take a look at the salary disconnect between genders to know this is not the case.

One only needs to take a look at the salary disconnect between genders to know this is not the case.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

that's what i'm saying. and if you look worldwide it becomes apparent just how difficult it can be to be a woman. it is not as bad in the U.S.

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

that's what i'm saying. and if you look worldwide it becomes apparent just how difficult it can be to be a woman. it is not as bad in the U.S.

I think for the most part, no, women do not have it easier...But having it harder than somebody doesn't necessarily=The person with the easier life will be more successful..There are tons of kids that can easily get jobs because of who their father is, because of going to a good school that most people can't afford, etc.. but they end up making low 6 figures(still good)..And then there can be a person that grew up in a lower middle class family, made connections at an average priced university and end up being millionaires..This goes for men and women.

Hard work and dedication>Gender

I think for the most part, no, women do not have it easier...But having it harder than somebody doesn't necessarily=The person with the easier life will be more successful..There are tons of kids that can easily get jobs because of who their father is, because of going to a good school that most people can't afford, etc.. but they end up making low 6 figures(still good)..And then there can be a person that grew up in a lower middle class family, made connections at an average priced university and end up being millionaires..This goes for men and women.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Today I was in hollywood handling some business with my cousin and the amount of women just walking around shopping or generally just chillin was mind boggling. Mind you it was about 11 in the morning soooooooooo clearly work wasn't an issue. So we had a discussion about how in general women have such a easier life than men, especially if they are attractive. They always have a daddy,boyfriend, husband or simp that is willing to take care of them. There were no men in the street, why because we are all working to take care of these females. I was talking to a chick that is 22 has her own fashion line and has a house and benz and doesn't have a job yet she is out shopping everyday.............. so is it safe to say that they generally have a less demanding life style?

how does she have her own fashion line but doesnt have a job?

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

Today I was in hollywood handling some business with my cousin and the amount of women just walking around shopping or generally just chillin was mind boggling. Mind you it was about 11 in the morning soooooooooo clearly work wasn't an issue. So we had a discussion about how in general women have such a easier life than men, especially if they are attractive. They always have a daddy,boyfriend, husband or simp that is willing to take care of them. There were no men in the street, why because we are all working to take care of these females. I was talking to a chick that is 22 has her own fashion line and has a house and benz and doesn't have a job yet she is out shopping everyday.............. so is it safe to say that they generally have a less demanding life style?

how does she have her own fashion line but doesnt have a job?

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Yep and like with disadvantaged races women have to work twice as hard to get the same recognition a man does. There is an incredible amount of sexism in corporate America.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

Yep and like with disadvantaged races women have to work twice as hard to get the same recognition a man does. There is an incredible amount of sexism in corporate America.

I'm not arguing on a corporate America basis and I already acknowledged I was generalizing. Yes ugly women out here actg like dimes and yes the women out here do use their looks to get ahead a lot but not all the time.

I'm not arguing on a corporate America basis and I already acknowledged I was generalizing. Yes ugly women out here actg like dimes and yes the women out here do use their looks to get ahead a lot but not all the time.

A lot of the advantages men in here are saying women have and imposed by men themselves.....so it's safe to say men are benefitting in some way by doing said things for women. If this is really a problem.

1. stop simpin'

2. Stop buying women drinks at clubs

A lot of the advantages men in here are saying women have and imposed by men themselves.....so it's safe to say men are benefitting in some way by doing said things for women. If this is really a problem.

1. stop simpin'

2. Stop buying women drinks at clubs

Yes, they have it easier when they're attractive.

But wait till they're 40 and have to raise multiple children and no one is treating them like queens like they've gotten used to for their whole lives, and they're not capable of making their own lives meaningful and independent because either they've gotten used to the queen treatment and don't know how to fend for themselves or because it's all men at the top so it's hard for them to advance.

So, yes, women have it easier when they're young and pretty, but men have it better in the long run. Being able to run your life/career/etc >>>>> some simp holding a door open for you and giving you a lame generic compliment.

Yes, they have it easier when they're attractive.

But wait till they're 40 and have to raise multiple children and no one is treating them like queens like they've gotten used to for their whole lives, and they're not capable of making their own lives meaningful and independent because either they've gotten used to the queen treatment and don't know how to fend for themselves or because it's all men at the top so it's hard for them to advance.

So, yes, women have it easier when they're young and pretty, but men have it better in the long run. Being able to run your life/career/etc >>>>> some simp holding a door open for you and giving you a lame generic compliment.

-
That's why they have to hurry up and trap a dude into smashing raw and impregnating them so they are set
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom