Do you guys feel Jordan is trying to get back to OG quality we were all wishing for?

I think the quality of leather has improved on quite a few of the 2010/2011 Retros.
The paint issues remain the same and JB will almost always put a twist on the originals.
It is what it is! There will never be OG quality because the demand is so high for confirmed crap.

I agree, buy what you like, and if you don't like it don't buy it. It's really just that simple
but....if you don't buy them then the resellers will.

The problem is JB is releasing some of our favorite Retros.
We've been waiting ages for them and when they finally drop theyre made like crap
or severly altered from the originals. I've noticed a major change in quality after 2005
and I don't even wear my shoes enough to really put a hurting on them due to a frequent rotation of my collection.
We have built this beast though. JB knows we are all collectors and builds these new Retros for minimal useage.
They look good in pictures and they look great for the first few wears, but its all down hill from there on.

I own the 2010 altitude XIIIs, my pair is cool, but i saw a few pairs that had smooth tumbled leather on one foot
and rough tumbled leather on the other. They were an absolute horror show! So i know what you're saying.
As far as the switch from leather to mesh...I was skeptical at first but they grew on me after seeing them being worn.

I own the 2010 altitude XIIIs, my pair is cool, but i saw a few pairs that had smooth tumbled leather on one foot
and rough tumbled leather on the other. They were an absolute horror show! So i know what you're saying.
As far as the switch from leather to mesh...I was skeptical at first but they grew on me after seeing them being worn.

Most people here are right about the "Don't Like Don't Buy" argument, it's definitely true!
Lots of kids these days are buying retros even when they're not collectors or most importantly, not into sneakers, mainly because of the word of mouth.
At first, they won't care about the quality, just cop cop cop!
And then after a while they bash JB and say stuff like "the quality on this is whack compared to the og's".
Just take a look at the Space Jams XI released last December 2009 and the Cool Gray XI released last month.
A bunch of people came in line to get their pairs. I bet not even half of the crowds in line there are actually sneakerheads & collectors combined.
At the end of the day, only the 'heads & collectors keep it cool while the rest complains about their qualities. People went nuts on the release date!
You want og qualities? Go ahead and get one off ebay. But I assure you that most of 'em are probably not even wearable anymore due to age.

Let's face it, ever since Jordan Brand and Nike went their separate ways, getting that og quality into the retros has never been the same, and it will never be.

Most people here are right about the "Don't Like Don't Buy" argument, it's definitely true!
Lots of kids these days are buying retros even when they're not collectors or most importantly, not into sneakers, mainly because of the word of mouth.
At first, they won't care about the quality, just cop cop cop!
And then after a while they bash JB and say stuff like "the quality on this is whack compared to the og's".
Just take a look at the Space Jams XI released last December 2009 and the Cool Gray XI released last month.
A bunch of people came in line to get their pairs. I bet not even half of the crowds in line there are actually sneakerheads & collectors combined.
At the end of the day, only the 'heads & collectors keep it cool while the rest complains about their qualities. People went nuts on the release date!
You want og qualities? Go ahead and get one off ebay. But I assure you that most of 'em are probably not even wearable anymore due to age.

Let's face it, ever since Jordan Brand and Nike went their separate ways, getting that og quality into the retros has never been the same, and it will never be.

Originally Posted by MuLLiNs7388

well I feel that the cool greys are more comfortable than the spacejams which are more comfortable than the CDP's ... I was really impressed when I wore the cool greys for the first time...

Agree 100%

Originally Posted by MuLLiNs7388

well I feel that the cool greys are more comfortable than the spacejams which are more comfortable than the CDP's ... I was really impressed when I wore the cool greys for the first time...

Agree 100%

nobody knows what they are doing but they know what we are doing... buying garbage for high prices so why would they stop?

nobody knows what they are doing but they know what we are doing... buying garbage for high prices so why would they stop?

then you got people who suck off jb all day, but dont even want you to mention the bad quality or their butt hurt. people need to come to grips that its just as many people that suc off jb that complain about jb. so instead of say'n "get over it" why dont you just "get over it" that people will complain. follow your own advice. cuz just as much as you dont wanna hear them, their tired of hear'n you. n their argument makes more sence.

then you got people who suck off jb all day, but dont even want you to mention the bad quality or their butt hurt. people need to come to grips that its just as many people that suc off jb that complain about jb. so instead of say'n "get over it" why dont you just "get over it" that people will complain. follow your own advice. cuz just as much as you dont wanna hear them, their tired of hear'n you. n their argument makes more sence.

Originally Posted by PTone

I should add that the quality is not regressing back into its former state, rather taking it into a new direction.

agreed theres no way jb is going to go back to old quality. i do feel they are increasing the quality but not to contradict myself i feel as though retros now are def constructed for casual wear rather than basketball
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by PTone

I should add that the quality is not regressing back into its former state, rather taking it into a new direction.

agreed theres no way jb is going to go back to old quality. i do feel they are increasing the quality but not to contradict myself i feel as though retros now are def constructed for casual wear rather than basketball
eyes.gif

I think it only improves on the shoes that are more limited...

Bin23s probably have better quality than the GR retros basically..

I think it only improves on the shoes that are more limited...

Bin23s probably have better quality than the GR retros basically..

Originally Posted by sthebest

^some guy on ebay had a toddler's size of the '88 white cement IIIs that you speak of.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about OG quality. news flash people: NOTHING stays the same over time. look at old TV shows that either returned to TV or were made into movies. theyre always different, even if they star the same actors in the same roles. the same can be said about Jordan releases.

we should be glad that theyre even bringing out retros. and the quality over the past year has picked up DRAMATICALLY after the debacle of the crappy retro quality in 2007-2008. leather feels like real leather (on the XIIIs and from what ive, heard, the IIIs), the comfort is back, and JB is even going the extra mile by making special boxes. hell, I compared the shape of the 2010 Cool Greys to my 2001 Bred XIs and the shape of the shoe and cut of the patent leather is identical. The Playoff XIIIs look like a carbon copy of the OGs and people still find fault with them. Jordan Brand isnt the only company who doesnt make exact replicas of retros. Nike has altered just about every retro they have released in the past 3 years and you guys say nothing about them.

If you truly want OG quality, quit your yapping and go build a time machine to go back to the 80's and cop all the OGs you like. Or if that doesn't sound feasible, go buy New Balance and Reebok. the reason they make near perfect replicas of shoes is because they gross much less per year than Nike and always will.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

^some guy on ebay had a toddler's size of the '88 white cement IIIs that you speak of.

I'm getting tired of everyone talking about OG quality. news flash people: NOTHING stays the same over time. look at old TV shows that either returned to TV or were made into movies. theyre always different, even if they star the same actors in the same roles. the same can be said about Jordan releases.

we should be glad that theyre even bringing out retros. and the quality over the past year has picked up DRAMATICALLY after the debacle of the crappy retro quality in 2007-2008. leather feels like real leather (on the XIIIs and from what ive, heard, the IIIs), the comfort is back, and JB is even going the extra mile by making special boxes. hell, I compared the shape of the 2010 Cool Greys to my 2001 Bred XIs and the shape of the shoe and cut of the patent leather is identical. The Playoff XIIIs look like a carbon copy of the OGs and people still find fault with them. Jordan Brand isnt the only company who doesnt make exact replicas of retros. Nike has altered just about every retro they have released in the past 3 years and you guys say nothing about them.

If you truly want OG quality, quit your yapping and go build a time machine to go back to the 80's and cop all the OGs you like. Or if that doesn't sound feasible, go buy New Balance and Reebok. the reason they make near perfect replicas of shoes is because they gross much less per year than Nike and always will.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom