Do you have any unpopular opinions???VOL....2

In the genres I enjoy, you sacrifice that level of production and sound quality for a massive amount of feel, improvisation, and unique embellishments on songs you know and love.

One of the worst concerts I’ve ever been to was Chris Stapleton.. he sounded IDENTICAL to his album. Vocal runs, guitar solos, absolutely everything. I remember that to this day. Can’t stand that.
Gary Clark Jr. at Red Rocks was the best concert I’ve been to (minus the rain). Amazing vocals and he improvised every song. Extended guitar solos, it was crazy.

Kamasi Washington, Boyz II Men, and Big K.R.I.T. are up there too. I can honestly say I’ve enjoyed every concert I’ve been to. Tame Impala was a bit disappointing because the vocals just weren’t great live but the instrumentation and random grooves made up for it.

Wife had a washed moment. Jazmine Sullivan is coming to town but its standing room only. She saw that and said hell no. Saved me paying resell prices so I ain’t mad :lol:

You've never worked fast food or at any kind of restaurant, have you?

-foe
I have worked in food, actually.

My issue is that if I'm CHOOSING what doneness my steak is, why is it okay for a restaurant / cook to just toss me a burnt / well done steak and say "ahhh f' it, he'll pay the $25 and shut up".

If all steak at a restaurant should be well done for the ease of the cooks, so be it. lol Just don't let me choose and then have it come out completely wrong. Again, medium to medium well or medium rare I ain't trippin. But if I order it medium and it comes out well done / burnt, wth happened?

And to those saying "there's so much going on, he has no idea"... bruh. It's the food industry. I've worked in it. However, there are tons of restaurants around the world right now making steaks correctly for their orders. Why are we okay with someone just letting one **** the bed and then serving it as if the customer is too stupid to understand that it's not how they wanted it?

What makes this worse to me is that steak is always a premium. :lol:

A lot of expensive, “fancy” restaurants make bland food.

Been able to go out more since my girl got a new job (she can expense stuff) and a lot of this stuff is super-mid. Rather hit the local Peruvian chicken Carryout spot and call it a night

Those people that have their degree and certs in their email is dumb as hell. You already got the job.
30000%.
I don't give a flying **** if you have an MBA, MPH, PhD., J.D. etc. I have a graduate degree myself and there's not a single inch of me that thinks I'm better than someone else because I did it.
What grinds my gears are those uppity Ivy-League PhD graduates. all it means is you took more years doing something incredibly niche that 99% of people don't give a **** about (and could afford it)

A lot of expensive, “fancy” restaurants make bland food.

Been able to go out more since my girl got a new job (she can expense stuff) and a lot of this stuff is super-mid. Rather hit the local Peruvian chicken Carryout spot and call it a night
I would like to add to this. Most food at Wendy’s and Chick-Fill-A are better than upscale restaurants. All the hassle of being around too many people, waiting a long time to get your food, leaving a tip. I can always drive through and get a better meal and save money while I’m at it.

I would like to add to this. Most food at Wendy’s and Chick-Fill-A are better than upscale restaurants. All the hassle of being around too many people, waiting a long time to get your food, leaving a tip. I can always drive through and get a better meal and save money while I’m at it.
Wendy’s had that Spicey Honey Chicken Sandwhuch, I went in with very low expectations, I was overwhelmingly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom