do you wash your pants/jeans after u wear them?

not even with basketball shorts? you haven't lived my man.

I used to wear draws...basketball shorts...and THEN jeans on top of that :lol:

Rather compression shorts or athletic draws for that. The only time it’s acceptable to go commando...is in water.

You leave the house, you sit in a car seat, bus/train seat, park benches, walking through endless dust/debris/dirt just from being outside.

The multiple surfaces are the various places you SIT.

The multiple days refers to the number of times you do THAT between washes.

Some folks actually sit on the floor as well.

So again, how are you going to compare FOOD being put in the freezer vs. Jeans being put in the freezer. Please stop.
Why does that even matter though, DC?

Going commando in basket shorts is nuts. You might as well go out n about in boxers.

what type of jeans do u usually wear?
I only own 2 pair of jeans, both Levi’s. A pair of STF 501 and a random black pair.

How would the normal human know it killed the bacteria?
i don't even know if it actually killed bacteria or if it's bacteria that causes the smell. all i know is that after febreeze and a month in the freezer, the jeans come out smelling ok.
i did it a few times but when my wife (then gf) moved in with me and we started cooking at home and using the freezer, i didn't do it anymore. if i lived alone, i'd probably do it again.

i don't even know if it actually killed bacteria or if it's bacteria that causes the smell. all i know is that after febreeze and a month in the freezer, the jeans come out smelling ok.
i did it a few times but when my wife (then gf) moved in with me and we started cooking at home and using the freezer, i didn't do it anymore. if i lived alone, i'd probably do it again.
Why did that stop you. It wouldn't take up THAT much space.

Why does that even matter though, DC?

I only own 2 pair of jeans, both Levi’s. A pair of STF 501 and a random black pair.
Man 501 are the worst I've come across to wash. You're supposed to only wash those when needed (bad spill, odor, etc).

"Mr Bergh isn’t the only denim expert to come out with this advice. Hiut Denim’s website says: "Raw denim is best given a good six months before washing. The longer you can leave it, the better your jeans will look.

"The reason for this is that the indigo will have worn off in places where you make natural creases. Just by sitting down, putting your phone in and out of your pockets, your hands in your pockets. All these daily little things will make your jeans look great."

Why did that stop you. It wouldn't take up THAT much space.
it wasn't even something we discussed. i just knew that someone who cleaned her computer keyboard with a q-tip and arranged her work desktop as nicely as she did, would probably not enjoy having ol dirty jeans in the freezer even if it's in a ziploc. i guess it was out of respect?

it wasn't even something we discussed. i just knew that someone who cleaned her computer keyboard with a q-tip and arranged her work desktop as nicely as she did, would probably not enjoy having ol dirty jeans in the freezer even if it's in a ziploc. i guess it was out of respect?
Do you believe there is a level of filth (use any dirty related word you want) related to the practice?

Work pants I can get 2 wears if I’m lucky after that I’m looking disgusting.

I don’t wear jeans out of work.

Do you believe there is a level of filth (use any dirty related word you want) related to the practice?
i'm sure that me not washing my jeans and hanging them on the door of my closet or even throwing them on a chair is not the most hygienic practice, sure. did i sanitize the outside of the Ziploc or wash my hands before i sealed it? nope. is that nasty? probably. how can i tell? because if my 7-year old wanted to do that, i'd say nah man, don't do that.

I wash my jeans like 1 time a week since I wear other shorts or sweats or whatever in the rotation. The denim material gets rough after a couple of washes. Before the 1st wash its a bit soft.

Man 501 are the worst I've come across to wash. You're supposed to only wash those when needed (bad spill, odor, etc).

"Mr Bergh isn’t the only denim expert to come out with this advice. Hiut Denim’s website says: "Raw denim is best given a good six months before washing. The longer you can leave it, the better your jeans will look.

"The reason for this is that the indigo will have worn off in places where you make natural creases. Just by sitting down, putting your phone in and out of your pockets, your hands in your pockets. All these daily little things will make your jeans look great."

Man, I used to go maybe 6 months without washing them, throw them in washer....totally different pair of jeans. :smh: After the second pair, I got a third pair and decided pretty much to never wash them just to see what happens. I went about 7 years with washing them. Finally threw them in the washer and the “wear” looks just right.

I used to wear draws...basketball shorts...and THEN jeans on top of that :lol:

Rather compression shorts or athletic draws for that. The only time it’s acceptable to go commando...is in water.

my brother-in-law used to do this before he joined the army lmao

For me personally, it depends on which pair of jeans and what I did in them. If I spilled beer or food on them or some ****, yeah, I'm gonna wash them. Otherwise it's maybe once every week or two. Now with the lockdown, it's not like I'm wearing jeans much anyways lol

Can’t even remember the last time I wore jeans. #WASHED :smh: :smh:

Work gear gets worn once. Sweats and casual shorts get a few wears before washing, especially the darker and vibrant colors. Gotta keep the fading to a minimum.

how often do u was them?

In the Northeast so I only wear jeans in the fall and winter during the days, so I don't sweat in them much. Fabreeze between wear.
Casual, dark ink jeans I wash once a year, soak them in the tub cold water with detergent. Those are my nudies and any dark jeans. But I only wear them 2x-3x a month.
I have work jeans for repairs around the house, those I wash every month, in the washer as I don't care if the color fades.
Cotton slacks I wash every 2-3 wear, more often in summer.
Work fabric pants dry clean every 2 weeks or so.

I've washed these 3x since the date of this first wash, 9 years ago
IMG_20200609_204243.jpg

Carhartt straight fit rigbys for work because they stretch but actually fit normal not for 300 pounders.

outside of work I wear Nike sweats and lululemon abc pants. Actual denim doesn’t work for me anymore.

Back
Top Bottom