Does NT listen to Reggaeton?

On El Cangri.com (2002) Daddy Yankee had some dope Reggaeton tracks, but he also did his thing on those latin hip-hop tracks.

This song has that down dirty south type of drum pattern and he killed it. And mind you, this is when the down south hip-hop craze still wasn't a worldwide thing, like it is now. So this track was ahead of its time.

''Enciende'' was also dope. It had more of a boom bap hip-hop feel to it.

And last but not least.

DY over Residente

NEW: Don't overlook those less known artists, cause they also be bringing some heat, remember Daddy Yankee didn't become an Overnight success, he had to work for it. Putting out music since the 90s and until 2004 he got his big break. When he released ''Gasolina''. With that being said, listen to this dope new Reggaeton song.

Daddy Yankee IMO would be a better choice than Residente. DY could really flow on any kind of beat Reggaeton, Hip-Hop/Trap, Electro/Dance, etc. Plus DY easily WINS this cause he has proven that he's loyal to the genre.

i wouldn't argue with it, he's da Jay-Z/Rakim/Ghostface Killah of Reggaeton... consistent and flawless.

Residente and da rest of calle 13 just decided to Branch out...lost me as a fan, but i wouldn't call em sell outs, its like when beastie boys went more rock after license to ill.

but when Residente does reggaeton, its some of da best wordplay in da genre, da way he plays with his inflections and speed of his flow, while still rhyming tight always impressed me.

what he doesn't have is harmonizing ability...Daddy Yankee got him beat way over on that.

ninjahood ninjahood I know a lot of cats on NT must be salty, cause they must of thought Daddy Yankee was gonna be one of those one hit wonder type of artists lol. Nope, he's been pumping out hits after ''Gasolina''... And he's still relevant in 2017, they don't call him KING DADDY for nothing.

This Camila Cabello - Havana Remix w/ Daddy Yankee goes hard!

Man, Classic DY Reggaeton right here...

ninjahood ninjahood starting at 5:01, they asked DY & Nicky Jam what were there most memorable/favorite songs, that they did together as a duo? They said ''En La Cama'' a.k.a.''La Combi Completa'', ''Guayando'', and ''Entre Sabanas Blancas''. Mind you, all produced by DJ Blass, Nicky Jam & DY even said it themselves. BLASS produced them all.

You aleady know that DJ Blass is my favorite producer. Thanks to him the sound evolved. Then came Luny Tunes, Noriega, Eliel, Sonic, etc.

DJ Blass catalog is no joke, he produced so many beats for a lot of albums/compilation albums. Wisin & Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Tego Calderon, Master Joe & OG Black, Yaviah, Lito & Polaco, Speedy, Plan B, Maicol & Manuel, Jowell & Randy, etc.

El los Rankio, that's PR slang meaning thanks to him he made a lot of these artists pop in the clubs, house parties, streets, etc.

His sound was hypnotizing, once you heard it, you just wanted to bop your head or just want to get up and start dancing.

Yandel - ''Dembow'' was produced by BLASS

Speedy - ''Hagamos El Amor Con La Ropa'' by BLASS

Jowell & Randy - ''No Te Veo'' by BLASS

and the list is endless...

Yaviah - ''Sensual bebe'' produced by BLASS released in 2003

Damn, didn't know there were any reggaeton fans on NT :lol:

Never thought about even looking for a thread like this, but I'm glad I found this :smokin

lol we're the minority on NT, but you and I both know that outside of NT this is HUGE... #facts

Jory Boy x Almighty - Nada Serio

Got all the fine mamis, like this one getting down to that ''Nada Serio'' song

these dudes don't go to clubs...or else this thread would be double da size.

dudes in here acting like some bitter old men, this is them when Reggaeton comes on, ''turn that racket down'' lol.

Lets face it if you don't like Reggaeton your a damn square.

CLASSIC: Remember Salsero Frankie Ruiz?, well DJ Adam sampled his voice for Eddie Dee's ''Quiero'' song. This song is something else (MAGICAL), it will always be one of my favorite Eddie Dee songs.

Eddie Dee was known for putting Tego on. side note: rapper Maestro also played a big role in Tego's career.

C Flyness Reggaeton Pioneer/Historian

Chambea been on repeat all day...

Also, off just the first listen, I'm feeling the WIsin album. Gotta give it a few more spins though

I never hear anything in Pittsburgh. My girl is from PR so I’ve heard some stuff from her then just found stuff on my own. Can’t speak Spanish I know some stuff from hearing her talk with family then from the music then looking up the lyrics in English

Back
Top Bottom