Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Zara has a Maroon Velvet blazer for 99 bucks, I want to cop it with a turtle neck, would it be reccomended to size up? I`m gonna try to go into store to cop or at least try on stuff to know how they might fit me. I`m worried my arms and delts being too large.

What was that varsity that was posted a while back? The one with the iffy sleeves? Can't remember who made it. Really contemplating getting it

you should do the JW tasting event along with these guys if they are all doing it. it's a great introduction to scotch and you learn a lot on how to enjoy the drink. otherwise, start with glenfiddich 12. it's smooth and light to start drinking with. then try glenlivet 12 or macallan 12. from there, try oban 14 which is my favorite. there's a difference when you drink it straight vs. a drop of water or vs. a few cubes of ice, that you should notice release some of the flavors. drink it how you like it, but i used to always have scotch on the rocks but now I drink it neat and enjoy it even more.

it always puzzled me why the nyc guy's never just met up at a happy hour after work or something.

I live in the DMV otherwise id go.

I can drink Hennessy like water. Always drink it neat. Only bottle of scotch I've personally bought is JW blue label and me and my boys were wild ignorant taking shots of it SMH. I'm gonna take your reccomendations, drink it neat, and sip slow. Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Zara has a Maroon Velvet blazer for 99 bucks, I want to cop it with a turtle neck, would it be reccomended to size up? I`m gonna try to go into store to cop or at least try on stuff to know how they might fit me. I`m worried my arms and delts being too large.
Yeah I'd size up. I normally wear a medium in jackets and such and I purchased a blazer from them in the past and had to size up to a size L. Considering that you're working out you may have to size up 2 sizes.

^I woke up this morning and had ten pages of reading catching because of all that steakhouse talk lol now this
frown.gif
living in Ohio sucks.
Ohio DBNT summit?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
In 
nerd.gif

Do you y'all think black strands are too dressy to replace my black Clifton's as my go to black shoe?

The derby vs Oxford is throwing me off. Even though I wear walnut strands a lot the Oxford lacing seems way more formal with black shoes. Am I bugging over nothing?

Btw the brooks brothers strands are much more comfortable compared to regular strands. Almost feels like zoom air in these :lol:

Last edited:
Thanks y'all.

and Henny, although they are a balmoral versus a blucher, perforations normally denote a more casual shoe so I guess I would say no. However this is why I personally dislike the Strand. Its caught in between formal and casual. A man without a country :smh:

Last edited:
[/quote]
Ive been looking for some all black or mainly black leather sneakers. Really love the Balenciaga Arenas but they're soldout and im not sure I want to shell out 545 right now. I'm willing to spend but anybody know of cheaper alternatives that would suit me and look just as nice?

Common Projects?

Those are nice. I like their high top sneaker but my size is soldout. any other suggestions?

Do you guys have any items that are unique that you carry with you or stuff that would fall into the everyday carry group? I've been considering investing in a nicer pen (

Ive been looking for some all black or mainly black leather sneakers. Really love the Balenciaga Arenas but they're soldout and im not sure I want to shell out 545 right now. I'm willing to spend but anybody know of cheaper alternatives that would suit me and look just as nice?
Common Projects?
Those are nice. I like their high top sneaker but my size is soldout. any other suggestions?[/quote]
Don't know what size you are but..

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=COMM-MZ210&row=0&column=3&c=

I need a white pair badly :frown:

Please, I need help with the fit of RL leather jacket I picked up today. Not sure how I feel about the fit. The XL was too tight, but the XXL is feels big. Upside is, will definitely be able to wear a thick sweater underneath to keep warm this coming winter. What y'all think?

Fit of the leather jacket is horrible. Even if you got it at 90% off you should still return it. Dad fit alert. If sizing down doesn't work for you then the pattern simply wasn't made for your frame. Continue to look.

Man that's a nice jacket. Not doing it any justice by wearing it too big. I would return it. Take a pic in the XL and Large and post it. I'm sure they fit much better

Back
Top Bottom