Dressing Better Vol 2.0

LOL, I'm keeping it if I can't sell it. It's already at 50% off and it's probably the best ToJ pieces out of the 6 I had.

Today:

LOL, I'm keeping it if I can't sell it. It's already at 50% off and it's probably the best ToJ pieces out of the 6 I had.

Today:

You should just keep it, I think. It's a really great piece and even if you don't get to wear it often I think you'll regret selling it later on...especially for such a cheap price.

I finally got to check out the Esquire Network, and I like it. There's some good shows on(The Getaway is really good) and there's some good ones coming(How I Rock It). I think there's a lot of potential for this channel.

Click the epaulet hashtag on IG and it's all Wis lol
Hahaha.

You should just keep it, I think. It's a really great piece and even if you don't get to wear it often I think you'll regret selling it later on...especially for such a cheap price.
Sometimes I agree, man. It gets tons of compliments, especially at the J. Crew Men Shop eerily enough :lol:

Maybe it's a sign from the leather gods.

Please, I need help with the fit of RL leather jacket I picked up today. Not sure how I feel about the fit. The XL was too tight, but the XXL is feels big. Upside is, will definitely be able to wear a thick sweater underneath to keep warm this coming winter. What y'all think?

To be honest, I doubt the XL is too tight on you, its just one of those things your body needs to get used to. Im sure almost al here experienced how uncomfortable it is to switch to slimmer clothes but that is just because your body adapted to the loose fitting clothes. Once you wear that jacket in a proper size, you wouldnt even notice how it fits anymore.

As suggested, take a pic with the L and XL, both open and closed if possible and you'll see if it is indeed too tight, you will see some pulling and weird wrinkles and folds if it is indeed just too small for you.

Usually lurking but my whiskey of choice is Yamazaki 18, harder to find, but in the Bay Area they have them at a few stores.

Question: the 484 chinos I have from J.Crew make creases around my groin area, which accentuates my groin and kind of looks a bit awkward. This is more pronounced as my feet get closer together when standing.

Does this mean the waist on my pants are too big? I do have to wear a belt to keep the pants from falling to my hips.

Yo I'm down for that ohio DB meet up. Gotta do it before jan 22nd tho that's when I leave again for 6 months

Question: the 484 chinos I have from J.Crew make creases around my groin area, which accentuates my groin and kind of looks a bit awkward. This is more pronounced as my feet get closer together when standing.

Does this mean the waist on my pants are too big? I do have to wear a belt to keep the pants from falling to my hips.
It sounds like the pants are too tight the way you're describing it. 

50% off at JCrew Factory. This is the time to cop up those heavyweight sportcoats.
Suiting only has the charcoal thompson in a full run of sizes but if you can land any of the sizes for the navy/light grey then you are money. Just a heads up, if you fit my build or are slimmer, then the jacket you buy will likely definitely need waist suppression along with the usual sleeve shortening. Can't speak on the trousers, never tried em on.

Oh and the camel topcoat I copped is at $124 for those lurking to buy one. Now is the time. :smokin
http://factory.jcrew.com/index.jsp

50% off at JCrew Factory. This is the time to cop up those heavyweight sportcoats.
Suiting only has the charcoal thompson in a full run of sizes but if you can land any of the sizes for the navy/light grey then you are money. Just a heads up, if you fit my build or are slimmer, then the jacket you buy will likely definitely need waist suppression along with the usual sleeve shortening. Can't speak on the trousers, never tried em on.

Oh and the camel topcoat I copped is at $124 for those lurking to buy one. Now is the time. :smokin

Factory only has 30/30 pant...how much can I take in the waist size of pants without truly messing up the pant itself?

Last edited:

Also a great time to stock up on essentials like Socks, Gloves, Beenies, Scarves, Tees, etc.

@ShadyKay NT What is your waist size? These are flat front so suppressing the waist and tapering won't be tough.

Last edited:
I want a camel topcoat but I know I'll never get any use of it living in Miami lol

And dammit A I'm trying to save some money, I already got like 3 items in the cart lol good looks though

Haha no doubt bruh.
But you should likely cop all of those things.. :tongue:

And Shady, can't say since I've never had that done but I'd bet something like that would come out fine. If you were changing for a 36 to a 30, this will likely be problematic. That's such a small decrease, I bet you'd be money.

Last edited:
Haha no doubt bruh.

And Shady, can't say since I've never had that done but I'd bet something like that would come out fine. If you were changing for a 36 to a 30, this will likely be problematic. That's such a small decrease, I bet you'd be money.

Cool thanks, turns out the 36s in the Navy Thompson JUST sold out, had it in my cart and boom, now its gone.

:smh:

Haha no doubt bruh.

Cool thanks, turns out the 36s in the Navy Thompson JUST sold out, had it in my cart and boom, now its gone.

Damb.

Back
Top Bottom