Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I'm running for local office and wanted to pick up a few new suits. I'm looking for suggestions on styles/fits. I don't want to look like I'm going to a GQ shoot, but I also don't want to look like a typical politician. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm running for local office and wanted to pick up a few new suits. I'm looking for suggestions on styles/fits. I don't want to look like I'm going to a GQ shoot, but I also don't want to look like a typical politician. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

What's your pricepoint?

That will help narrow down people's suggestions.

Can't go wrong with navy suit, white shirt, man.

There was a gent who was looking for a blue cable knit cardigan under $100 several days ago. This is a nice piece that will work for a lot of the members:

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...spc=13&kws=ralph lauren denim supply&slotId=8

Can't get down with that in the slightest W.

Cables are cool, just not when it looks hella denim-y

For under $500. You likely couldn't get two including tailoring costs.

It you managed you'd get express or the sale from jcrew factory now but you need the cheapest options.

I honestly would recommend you take that $500 and put it towards a navy from suit supply. Their Napoli cut can be very conservative yet modern. $469 a suit

Brahs, do your J. Crew Factory stores let you stack the student discount on top of the 50% off? Last time I tried they said no [emoji]128560[/emoji]

They used to but stopped this year :\
That's when the come up was THE COME UP :lol:

And lol Doc, how tall are you fambs?

What's your pricepoint?

That will help narrow down people's suggestions.

Under $500. If I could get a few totaling that, would be even better.
I suggest a grey and navy from Macys. If you go in store you should be able to get them at a good price. Waist, Shoulders, and arms should fit good off the rack. Then take them to your best tailor for the adjustments to the taper and arm length.

Yeah that's what I would've guessed. Was about to say you can't be that far off from me.
Btw, when we meeting for drinks? Put me on to that whiskey/scotch game.

OH,
And sorry fellas. By all means, don't let me stop you for meeting up with each other but coming from Jersey, a trip to NY in this weekend's rain is just foolish for me. Especially since I'll be lugging around my duffle all day Saturday. Just a no go :lol:

For those still bout it, enjoy the JW event if you had already RSVP'd. Oh, and feel free to hit Lugar's now :wink:

Opinions on this coat? Not sure if I think it's cheesy or not because of the faux leather. Only like $40 with the Hennes & Mauritz sale :lol:

For the jcrew factory Thomson sportcoats, are they true to size? I believe they are considered not as slim as ludlow, is this true?

I am a 40R in suit supply Milano suit, would it be safe to order the same size? Or would it be more snug/shorter? Thanks

Last edited:
Hotcheeto you should be good, those match and that suit for 200 is a good deal have gotten good reviews on dappered too. But you're most likely a 38 if those are your measurements.

Getyashinebox, yeah they're not that slim but you will be good with your regular size, just take it to a tailor for the sides and the sleeves will need to be shortened

I'm taking notes on these drinks you guys are suggesting, my roomie and I may try and build a small little bar :pimp:

Last edited:
I'm exactly 5'10 and 165lbs and hell no can I fit a 36. Do not buy unless you try on first.
I'm a 38R btw...yes I know they don't have it for that colorway :\

Do yall I  think I should be good with the 36R coat I'm 5 foot 9 and 165lbs? 200 for both is the cheapest I seen these, probably going to pull the trigger just wanted yalls opinions

you need at least a 38R.

if you don't know your size, go out and try blazers and suit jackets or go get fitted before you buy.

Back
Top Bottom