Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I drink everything neat.
oban 14 is my favorite right now.
glenlivet 12 is my go to, since it's available at a lot of bars.
glenfiddich 12 is boring to me.
macallan 12 is ok would rather have glenlivet 12, macallan 18 really good, but expensive.
i also like glenmorangie 10, and balvenie 12 doublewood
just tried talisker 10 last week, terrible smell, but tasted so different, somewhat peppery.
JW black if there is absolutely no other scotch available at a bar, JW blue is good, but expensive, would like to taste that new platinum lol.

FYI, I did a JW tasting event earlier this year. I can tell you guys what to expect if you want but don't assume you will have unlimited JW to drink lol

I have a bottle of 2 Gingers Irish whiskey that is supposed to be comparable and in competition with Jameson. Haven't popped it open yet, but I can compare drinking Jameson to like drinking water now smh.

also what is up with liquor being cheaper on the west coast? was in SD in Aug and I was buying glenlivet 12 on sale for like $28 (reg price was like $38) vs. $45-$50 here in NY

I want to join the db out to dine but I have a felling I"d. Be dressed down too much
Dudes would look at me weird lol

None of them NYC cats can dress man, you'll be fine :lol:.
But seriously, I'm sure you'll be fine. No one is that snobby in here

I drink everything neat.
macallan 12 is ok would rather have glenlivet 12, macallan 18 really good, but expensive.
just tried talisker 10 last week, terrible smell, but tasted so different, somewhat peppery.
JW black if there is absolutely no other scotch available at a bar, JW blue is good, but expensive, would like to taste that new platinum lol.

FYI, I did a JW tasting event earlier this year. I can tell you guys what to expect if you want but don't assume you will have unlimited JW to drink lol

I have a bottle of 2 Gingers Irish whiskey that is supposed to be comparable and in competition with Jameson. Haven't popped it open yet, but I can compare drinking Jameson to like drinking water now smh.

also what is up with liquor being cheaper on the west coast? was in SD in Aug and I was buying glenlivet 12 on sale for like $28 (reg price was like $38) vs. $45-$50 here in NY
Cue Denzel training day gif. Out tastes seem pretty similar.

I heard A is showing up in a tux with tails, top hat, monocle, and cane word to mr peanut.

Last edited:
I drink everything neat.

I should save this, just to know what to get next time I finish a bottle. I've been reccomended Glenlivet 12 before too and haven't tried it yet. I'll pick it up after I get Lagavulin

I drink everything neat.

Everything is just more expensive in NY :lol:

I drink everything neat.

:nerd: what's it like doe?

I heard A is showing up in a tux with tails, top hat, monocle, and cane word to mr peanut.
Man. FO of my closet :smh:

Last edited:
I made ribs last night at 10 because RFX said something about them
laugh.gif
lol, you just have ribs chillin' in your fridge on the regular?!? I'm jelly!!

I made ribs last night at 10 because RFX said something about them :lol:

lol, you just have ribs chillin' in your fridge on the regular?!? I'm jelly!!

:lol: Yeah, I like to have good food in my apartment for whenever.

Had some ribs in the freezer and I was really hungry. The second I read RFX's reply where he mentioned ribs I started the grill!

^I woke up this morning and had ten pages of reading catching because of all that steakhouse talk lol now this :frown: living in Ohio sucks.

Cue Denzel training day gif. Out tastes seem pretty similar.

it's the pinoy bloodlines

I should save this, just to know what to get next time I finish a bottle. I've been reccomended Glenlivet 12 before too and haven't tried it yet. I'll pick it up after I get Lagavulin

I haven't tried Lagavulin yet. I've been meaning to try Cragganmore and Laphraoig. I noticed you mentioned you like Glenfiddich 12 which is more subtle than Glenlivet 12. I've also had Dewar's 12 which tastes really good and it's cheap, but it's a blended whiskey like JW. I've been drinking a lot of single-malt and since my boy from work likes scotch, we always try a different scotch when we hit happy hour. I would recommend trying different scotch of what's available at bars rather than buying a bottle and finding out you don't like it after the first pour.

:nerd: what's it like doe?

If it's anything like the JW tasting I did, then you get a history lesson of the JW brand and do a tasting of JW black. You'll learn to drink it neat (straight) and how a few drops of water can bring out more flavor. After this tasting, there will be different bars with the different JW's that you're allowed to visit. You're given a card that you give to the bartenders that they scan and they give you a drink. You're only allowed a certain amount of drinks though so you can't drink all night for free lol. The JW red bar should have a mixologist bartender because JW red is horrible by itself. JW black and JW blue you should be drinking neat. They hired models when I was there that did some bartending and were standing around promoting JW. There are a lot of dudes there, but some women show up.

JW double black is pretty good as well. Now that I've started drinking single malt though its hard to go back.

Where is this event and who's putting it together?
Ill talk to my connect and give you gals the details of what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom