Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Not exactly DB related but i'm sure it will interest some of you guys...Looks like NYC heads missed out on the greatest sale ever..... http://news.yahoo.com/banksy-central-park-sale-130000532.html

My best friend texted me about this today... would love to own one of his pieces

Well damn.
I bet that lady who bought at half off is doing the Birdman hand rub right now. Her kids' tuitions are paid for in full.

Couple of questions though:

1. Is he a really niche artist that the majority of the people will not know about?
2. I didn't see a sign that mentioned his name. I guess if you're a fan of his then you would recognize his face?

There was a documentary and some books about him but I'm not sure if he'll ever be a big mainstream name. All he would need is someone really famous to mention him in songs or someone highlight his work though. He's a grafitti artist who uses stencils so maybe not everyone's into that.

His identity is secret and people have been trying to figure out who he is for years. The guy selling the stuff was just a regular vendor they chose.

Last edited:
I want these Lanvins so bad:

And a pair of these Marigelas.. and I'm good for a while. IDGAF what anyone says, the mid/highs look way better than the lows. I had a pair and hated them. Different strokes, I guess...

I have those black mids posted. Got them 2-3 years ago and they never broke them, still more uncomfortable than my Retro Js :lol:

Any of y'all doing anything for Halloween? I want to do a masquerade party, threw the idea out to some of my friends and none of them are feeling it :frown:

I really just want an excuse to get one of those "Eyes Wide Shut" masks. No one is throwing a party at all. Boring post grad/married friends are the worst mannnn

I'm gonna be rocking a suit with a "CAUTION" sign over my crotch. A and Ced know (pause) :pimp: :pimp:

If they're a 42, lets work out a deal.

(serious)
They are a 42. No thanks though. I still like the styling. Is it hard to find though? I bought it from Yoox for like $250 or $280 on a random morning at 3AM.

Camo!

WIS THEY ARE SO COMFY. I HAVE THESE NAVY ONES FROM A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. SO VERSATILE.

IM NOT TOO MUCH A FAN OF THE MIDS.

I PREFER MY CP ACHILLES MIDS FOR "PLAIN" DB SNEAKERS.

I'LL TRY TO TAKE A PIC OF MY DB KICKS BUT SO FAR:

MIDNIGHT NAVY SUEDE/ PATENT TOE LANVINS

WHITE CP ACHILLES MID

3M WHITE ALEJANDRO INGELMO TRONS

RED CP VINTAGES ACHILLES HIGH

NAVY MMM GATS.

ALL I REALLY WANT ARE THOSE BALCK SAINT LAURENT HIGH TOPS OR BLACK ROX ADIDAS T OCOMPLETE THE CYPHER.

MAYBE ALL RED PLEATED BALENCIAGAS
Please share a pic of your DB kicks with us when you get a chance
happy.gif

I enjoy the urban/street stuff posted here just as much as the dressy/business casual fits that are typically posted. I have learned a lot about how to dress better for work but I'd like to see more relaxed/weekend fits with sneakers/jeans/untucked shirts/outerwear like ksteezy posts. The line for what's acceptable to post in this thread needs to be blurred more often IMO. I know all you guys were probably really into sneakers at one point so it'd be cool to see what you guys are wearing sneakers wise today. My taste in sneakers is more refined and grown up than the loud obnoxious Nikes and Jordans I used to wear. I will have to post some of my weekend fits in here.

Also, Robin Thicke, if you want the red pleated Balenciagas for retail the time is now or never since they are supposedly discontinuing pleateds after this season. My SA called me yesterday to take my CC info for the pairs I reserved. I decided to pass on the red after some thought but am excited for my black pair to arrive. I have the grey also and they are one of my favorite pairs of sneakers. You should definitely cop
pimp.gif

Last edited:
There was a documentary and some books about him but I'm not sure if he'll ever be a big mainstream name. All he would need is someone really famous to mention him in songs or someone highlight his work though. He's a grafitti artist who uses stencils so maybe not everyone's into that.

His identity is secret and people have been trying to figure out who he is for years. The guy selling the stuff was just a regular vendor they chose.

Vendor could have been Banksy.... swerve.

Any of y'all doing anything for Halloween? I want to do a masquerade party, threw the idea out to some of my friends and none of them are feeling it :frown:

I really just want an excuse to get one of those "Eyes Wide Shut" masks. No one is throwing a party at all. Boring post grad/married friends are the worst mannnn

I'm gonna be rocking a suit with a "CAUTION" sign over my crotch. A and Ced know (pause) :pimp: :pimp:
:smokin

good looks on the info henny.

i will take pics later.

im not in a business setting (therapist) so i can blur the lines in terms of what i wear.

i'm talking about wearing jogger pants, runners, hell even yeezys to work.

in terms of the balenciagas, errrrrrhrrrghhhhhhhh

Not exactly DB related but i'm sure it will interest some of you guys...Looks like NYC heads missed out on the greatest sale ever..... http://news.yahoo.com/banksy-central-park-sale-130000532.html

My best friend texted me about this today... would love to own one of his pieces

Well damn.
I bet that lady who bought at half off is doing the Birdman hand rub right now. Her kids' tuitions are paid for in full.

Couple of questions though:

1. Is he a really niche artist that the majority of the people will not know about?
2. I didn't see a sign that mentioned his name. I guess if you're a fan of his then you would recognize his face?

Banksy is definitely mainstream, he has been for about a year or two or longer. His art has been going for crazy prices on auctions, there is a documentary about him on Netflix iirc. I believe his identity has been revealed already, I remember him getting caught at a sting earlier this year or late last year.

I want these Lanvins so bad:

And a pair of these Marigelas.. and I'm good for a while. IDGAF what anyone says, the mid/highs look way better than the lows. I had a pair and hated them. Different strokes, I guess...

I have those black mids posted. Got them 2-3 years ago and they never broke them, still more uncomfortable than my Retro Js :lol:

What's uncomfortable about them? My pair is just as comfortable as any of the other Margielas I have.

Last edited:
good looks on the info henny.

i will take pics later.

im not in a business setting (therapist) so i can blur the lines in terms of what i wear.

i'm talking about wearing jogger pants, runners, hell even yeezys to work.

in terms of the balenciagas, errrrrrhrrrghhhhhhhh
Sorry. Speak english please. I have no idea what you just said.
#WHERESDACAPS?

Suede Sanderson courtesy of Sergio and Adrian,thanks guys.

Old knit tie I stole from dad, duck head?

:pimp: Awesome C. Glad you like em my man.

I believe his identity has been revealed already, I remember him getting caught at a sting earlier this year or late last year.

His identity hasn't been revealed, and that "sting" is a hoax just like the Jackie Chan death hoax that pops up every few months.

I believe his identity has been revealed already, I remember him getting caught at a sting earlier this year or late last year.

His identity hasn't been revealed, and that "sting" is a hoax just like the Jackie Chan death hoax that pops up every few months.

Was it? That is weird, could have sworn it was actually on the US news too unlike those Jackie Chan deaths that just happen online via word of mouth.

Still crazy that in this day and age, with social media and internet access that no one has been able to crack who Banksy really is. He has even been in NY for a week now doing all his work and such and still, not many clues out there on who he really is.

Last edited:
If people don't see Banksy's name attached to it, clearly it's not as attractive. Sure it's possible or even likely that everyone who passed by that stand was even aware of who he is but either way the same art has little to no value to people without the name.

I think it's hilarious seeing all the people talking about "if only I had walked by CPS that day" or whatever. Like they actually would've cared enough to notice or even if they spotted the stand they would've been like "Oh ****, those are by Banksy!" and bought every single one. If anyone actually feels his art is that great by itself or had the eye to spot it, if they didn't have the cash on them they would've gone to the nearest ATM and bought every piece.

Last edited:
I know its RFX's steelo to rock the black joints but does no one else think that the leather on those looks too much like plastic?

Not trying to knock, but I know you wear some really high end/high quality brands. You don't think it's odd to take a step down from them to get the CH's?

No shots, just an inquiry

I have the Lanvins you posted. Never fails to get me compliments from women :lol: And yea, my Margielas are too uncomfortable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom