Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Keep the petty personal squabbling OUT of this thread. 

This goes for everyone here. You will not be asked again. You will not be warned again. You will be permanently removed from the discussion.

Everything below this line had better be on topic, or we will start tossing people.

:pimp: thank you

So is anyone else finding themselves going belt less more often now than before?...I find them restrictive for some reason...unless my shirt is tucked I'm skipping them

Last edited:
I know many of you are not into street wear anymore, but this is fire.

a-bathing-ape-2014-spring-city-camo-ecwcs-pullover-parka-1.jpg

add some 511 and foams/flyknits and you set

:pimp: thank you

So is anyone else finding themselves going belt less more often now than before?...I find them restrictive for some reason...unless my shirt is tucked I'm skipping them
I only wear a belt when my shirt is tucked in. Your pants should be able to stay on without needing a belt, otherwise you may need to tailor or get a different size.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo

Does anyone know when Nordstroms will do their second drop?

What do you mean by second drop? They do an additional round of price cuts on the Men's Sale?

Atleast in my hood they start at 33% then they add more as they go on. I used to be on top of this stuff but I have been too busy.

Designer stuff is a different thing. They usually go on sale before the mens sale and are on atleast a second drop by the time the mens sale starts. This my area though.

Last edited:
What do you mean by second drop? They do an additional round of price cuts on the Men's Sale?
Yes. I'm not sure if it's announced though, but they drop lower in price.

I think the first round was around 30-40% off. After time, it goes deeper. There were items I bought last year for around 70-80% off. The caveat is that your size may be gone by then. I lurked daily back then to find the deals :lol:

Naw, I need a belt, I inherited a booty.

This. Having an extra slim waist size with relatively big glutes and thighs makes it impossible for me to not need a belt.

My waist size is 29-30 but the rest only fits into 32-33s :lol: :smh: having the proportions of a woman FTL when it comes to buying clothes, but at least the women find it attractive :lol:

Last edited:
Yes. I'm not sure if it's announced though, but they drop lower in price.

I think the first round was around 30-40% off. After time, it goes deeper. There were items I bought last year for around 70-80% off. The caveat is that your size may be gone by then. I lurked daily back then to find the deals :lol:

Ive been lurking a jacket and now they only have my size left hoping to get a lil more off.

Let me stop lying Im lurking 3.

That David Stern gif… best laugh all day

I'm confused, if this is dressing better why is so much street wear such as camo coats and flyknits even part of the discussion, how is that dressing better?

Or wearing sweats, yea it may be comfortable but its dressing better and in sync with the discussion… Am I missing something ???

And people that never contribute have the most to say…. lets see some fits!!!!

Last edited:
Just buy it now and have it price matched when/if it goes deeper on sale. Save the link of the item so that if they do remove it from the website for being sold out, you can still see if it goes on sale or not.

I'm confused, if this is dressing better why is so much street wear such as camo coats and flyknits even part of the discussion, how is that dressing better?

Or wearing sweats, yea it may be comfortable but its dressing better and in sync with the discussion… Am I missing something ???

I feel every one is in different stages of dressing better and this thread sometimes does not take that into consideration.

Seeing as this is a forum about sneakers, members will try to incorporate them as their wardrobe evolves.

its been talked about numerous times. the point is you can dress better in anything. not just bespoke suits and hand made cordovan brogues.

This thread is more about style, which a number of things fall under, and I don't really think that is a bad thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: wj4
I feel every one is in different stages of dressing better and this thread sometimes does not take that into consideration.

Seeing as this is a forum about sneakers, members will try to incorporate them as their wardrobe evolves.
Agreed. Even the most conservative ones on SF don't always wear suits 24/7.

There are a plethora of 'street wear' brands that are not named 10 Deep, The Hundreds or whatever else is popular with the sneakerhead culture. You can find these brands at your local Nordstrom, Neiman, Barneys, etc. and are pretty popular with the older folks too because they usually play on trad menswear.

This loops back to the 'dressing better' moniker being deceptive, which it is partially since a lot is talked about beyond these two words.

Last edited:

Correct. If it was strictly style based we'd all be on SF. But most of us come from sneaker culture. The goal is to transition streetwear with menswear. And correct dressing better is subjective. We should rename it the style thread tbh

I like NT Dressing Better much more than those uptight folks at SF. Dressing better is exactly what it sounds like. It doesn't mean wearing suits 24/7, it means taking what you already wear and improving on it.

For example, I grew up dressing like a cholo/hypbeast hybrid :lol: Plaid shirts, khaki pants, sneakers. I like wearing the same combo today, but the tailoring of the clothes changed and switching the pants from Dickies to Levis 511s and sneakers from AF1s/Jordans/Cortez to Jack Purcells/Lanvins changed it from scrub status to a good looking fit. And I still wear Nikes and Jordans; I just don't do the overmatching thing.

Same thing with dress clothes. I dressed like those T-Mobile associates in hood shopping malls before I found this thread (not calling out all people who work there, any of you who live in urban areas know what I'm talking about). I didn't even buy new clothes for a while; I just took the tips in this thread and got my clothes tailored properly.

Guarantee that most of those dudes on SF don't have women or friends who love them (if they do, they're just as crazy as they are). Not only because they dress like grandpas, but because of how they complain and personally abuse people whose inseams are 1/4" too long.

Last edited:
I often see people hating on graphic tees when it comes to their essentials list. various pinterest stuff, reddit mens fashion, etc etc. I'm curious who else often wears graphic tees. The majority of my dresser drawers are t-shirts by organized by color and  3/4 days out of 7 I'm rocking a tee with something on it. I have stepped it down a bit because I often want to wear a blazer or top coat which looks better with a button down but I'm curious how many of you went whole hog and just threw them all out like some did with sneakers, and who still rocks their older stuff though better fitting of course :wink: 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom