Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I think the best option at this point is to just wear a dress shirt and slacks. if you do buy a suit today, it has to fit almost perfectly off the rack for the alterations to be done by the end of the week, and it will be hard to find something like that at a Men's Wearhouse budget

He could go to BR or Zara and try to find a suit that fits well and then goes to a few tailors willing to return the suit by Thursday.

It's times like this I'm grateful i have a tailor that has an EXCELLENT turnaround time. I usually get my stuff back within a few days (usually drop it off Friday night and get it back Sunday afternoon).

Last edited:
Snapped some pics of my homie for the contest. It he makes top 10, I'd greatly appreciate it if y'all could help with that W.

I submitted a pic as well. What if both of us make the top 10? :nerd:

:lol:

Thanks bros :pimp:

@Adrian yea, i was hoping the angle wouldn't throw me out of the contest. :lol:

I really want that MTM DB navy suit tho :x

Pocket flaps and two buttons should not be seen on a tuxedo.

Jetted pockets and single button only unless its a DB.

flyknitlvr flyknitlvr , or anyone who may know, have you seen the "Timberland Earthkeepers Brook Park Zip Boot - Black Leather" that was on KITH anywhere else online? They cancelled my order and refunded me a few days after you posted and I ordered. They told me, "Unfortunately, our website encountered an inventory error and this size is no longer available." :x :smh:

I have scoured the internet for these today but have not been able to find them anywhere else, especially in black. They are on Timberland's site but only in brown and a couple of sizes. I don't think they are a KITH exclusive and maybe since they are a new model they are just taking some time to show up at other retailers? I might just be too eager to get them but if you know when and where I can find a 7.5 in black I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
He could go to BR or Zara and try to find a suit that fits well and then goes to a few tailors willing to return the suit by Thursday.

It's times like this I'm grateful i have a tailor that has an EXCELLENT turnaround time. I usually get my stuff back within a few days (usually drop it off Friday night and get it back Sunday afternoon).

Same (my tailor knows me pretty well cause of my frequent visits, so she makes sure most of my stuff takes only takes a couple days to finish) but with something like a suit IMO it's always best to have some "breathing room" just in case it doesn't turn out like you wanted. For example the pants of the suit I wore to a wedding a few weeks ago had to have additional alterations done cause she didn't hem/taper them as much as I wanted, which added an extra two days (she didn't charge me for it though).

I'd also recommend Zara/H&M for quick suit pickups, but here in SF, so many people hit up those stores every day that it's damn hard to find any suits in your size :lol: I can usually only find anorexic sizes left on the rack.

Last edited:
I always rock a few coats:

1. A plaid shacket

2. Black vintage leather jacket I thrifted

3. Grey pea coat

4. Blue/white varsity jacket

5. Black varsity jacket

6. Corduroy Down Vest

7. I just bought the h&m 100 percent brown leather rider that was featured on GQ. I only got it because I got it on a very steep discount. 

1. navy peacoat
2. charcoal peacoat
3. charcoal trench for my suits
4. corduroy jacket
5. dark brown leather bomber jacket
6. black lightweight hooded jacket
7. quilted army green vest
8. twill fabric bubble vest
9. "the camo vest" that every NT'er got from j crew :lol:

i'm looking for more quilted wear. like a quilted navy coat.

Back
Top Bottom