Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Does anyone know where I can find last year's Alexander Wang Asymmetric Jacket?

Wrong, its never been "about" that at all. Your acting as if I'm the only one who post stock fits. Gurantee you there are lurkers in this thread who will try to rock the looks I posted. Just because you don't like don't mean something is wrong. 

Yes, you are the only on posting stock pics and saying 'this is what I wore today" or "this is my entry to the sneaker challenge".

Most stock pics are "where do I get something like this" or "this is my new pick-up".

I didn't say your fit sucked, it was the stock pics. I never said I didn't like it either and again you're putting words into my mouth, I never said the whole look is wrong so stop making your own scenarios to make a point.

His fits clearly got slimer with the years, but its amazing how GQ becomes bias. There was a time when boot cut was considered "GQ"

yea. I mean I can see if he was still wearing bootcut and baggy suits now, but in 2002, that was fine. So looking at in in hindsight, or course it will look like he was bad, now hes good

Styles change with the times, GQ is a STYLE magazine....ohh what a surprise...can't be serious..

yea. I mean I can see if he was still wearing bootcut and baggy suits now, but in 2002, that was fine. So looking at in in hindsight, or course it will look like he was bad, now hes good
I guess. Don't like that people feels that you have to conform. People still hate on A.I and he was the one who made braids + 3x tee and baggy jeans cool. Why should he stop? Craig's fit from 05 works just as good as now because it was his style.What good would style be if we all dressed the same?

Last edited:
Do you guys have any recommendations for boots that can be worn in a business casual setting?

What's your budget?

I'm still in school so I really like the JCP Stafford wingtips: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/bran...d=dept20000018&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

But then higher quality brands like AE make boots as well....I think both the Dalton and the Bayfield are their wingtip boots: Amazon product ASIN B004TDUMJI
I think that style would be best for business casual as far as boots

baboon clown should be this dudes name..

tryna correct dudes and give advice while rocking fem jeans.. :lol:

i mean i wear skinny jeans but they dont look anything like that.. :rofl:

get out this thread bruhhh you arent wanted in here....

Last edited:
I guess. Don't like that people feels that you have to conform. People still hate on A.I and he was the one who made braids + 3x tee and baggy jeans cool. Why should he stop? Craig's fit from 05 works just as good as now because it was his style.What good would style be if we all dressed the same?

Its not skinny banannas :lol: Its about slim and proper fit always being in style, what AI was rocking back then (and everyone else me included) and even now some of the super skinny fit jeans and overly tight shirts are trends, they'll always come and go which is what GQ is promoting, the current style trends. If someone wore some levi 514s or 501s and always be in style, sure they may not be whats hot as far as the trend, but it'll never look out of place whether it be 1955 or 2012. You could ask any woman though and they'd agree Craig now is much better dressed than he was then...and his own style evolved and changed, he doesn't even necessarily fit into the typical GQ trends going on right now with overly slim legs and such, so he's still being himself just with different clothes.

Its not skinny banannas
laugh.gif
Its about slim and proper fit always being in style, what AI was rocking back then (and everyone else me included) and even now some of the super skinny fit jeans and overly tight shirts are trends, they'll always come and go which is what GQ is promoting, the current style trends. If someone wore some levi 514s or 501s and always be in style, sure they may not be whats hot as far as the trend, but it'll never look out of place whether it be 1955 or 2012. You could ask any woman though and they'd agree Craig now is much better dressed than he was then...and his own style evolved and changed, he doesn't even necessarily fit into the typical GQ trends going on right now with overly slim legs and such, so he's still being himself just with different clothes.
Boot cut has always been in style though.

Moving on,

How you guys feel about turtle necks? With this /fallwinter cold, my neck been freezing so I'd figured I mix the classic turtle neck

Last edited:
I remember early in high school, thinking i was doing it w/ my express bootcut jeans. I was a wanna be bachata heart throb. wanting to rock them w/ white loafers or durangos like i was dominican. Thank god I moved on from the phase.

Below is the only human who i associate bootleg jeans with:

Its not skinny banannas :lol: Its about slim and proper fit always being in style, what AI was rocking back then (and everyone else me included) and even now some of the super skinny fit jeans and overly tight shirts are trends, they'll always come and go which is what GQ is promoting, the current style trends. If someone wore some levi 514s or 501s and always be in style, sure they may not be whats hot as far as the trend, but it'll never look out of place whether it be 1955 or 2012. You could ask any woman though and they'd agree Craig now is much better dressed than he was then...and his own style evolved and changed, he doesn't even necessarily fit into the typical GQ trends going on right now with overly slim legs and such, so he's still being himself just with different clothes.

Boot cut has always been in style though.

Yeah...they're for when you wear boots hence BOOT cut.... Not low top sneakers which he's clearly wearing in these pics, which is why they said it looks sloppy.

Last edited:
nice.

one of my fashion goals is to incorporate black into my wardrobe again.

I'm usually an earth tones + autumn colors + Navy blue guy.

Charcoal grey is my black.

What's everyone elses go to shade/color?

Do you guys have any recommendations for boots that can be worn in a business casual setting?

What's your budget?

I'm still in school so I really like the JCP Stafford wingtips: http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/bran...d=dept20000018&dimCombo=null&dimComboVal=null

But then higher quality brands like AE make boots as well....I think both the Dalton and the Bayfield are their wingtip boots: Amazon product ASIN B004TDUMJI
I think that style would be best for business casual as far as boots
Thanks..I tried the Staffords and didn't like how they looked on feet. Those AE's look nice though

Those are a bit out of my price range (around $300)

Definitely could use a budget.

If money is no object, I'd definitely suggest this Alden.
34odl5g.jpg
These are :pimp: Info? I'm sure they're out of my budget but still :lol:

These Loake for Charles Tyrwhitt is $385, dwon from $770 (http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shoes...oot-shoes?q=usddefault||MC085TAN|||||||||||||) is a nice pair of boots, use ctsave15 to take an extra 15% off. 6 month return policy too. Really considering a pair for myself too.
der29w.jpg

Style is Jodphur:
65bmab.jpg

iozoeb.jpg

What's everyone elses go to shade/color?

My go to colors these days are black, gray, navy, etc... monotone colors. Casually, I pretty much go with that simple jeans/black or navy pants with with black, grey or white tee and leather jacket. One of the main reason I don't post much fit pics in here is that I do not think it'll help much here but that is pretty much where my style has evolved to.

This is one of my staple fits (not the grey and navy, i'm boring lol):

But once in awhile I'll throw a little bit of color (I've kept a few streetwear items in my life, mainly mishka outerwear & supreme stuff). I a;so wanted to show how much I love them damb dockers alpha khakis:

knightlovesqueen

im trying to do with same with incorporating black into my wardrobe

just bought a pair of black jeans from RL denim co.. since i cant afford Diors.. :lol:

the fit is actually surprisingly good and for $65 not too bad.. :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom