Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Marmourjr
In my opinion the jacket is too small, evidence to support this is that the lapels bow out when you stand still
Everything else is on pointnhough, great overall outfit, i applaud you on how you put everything together

Last edited:
I think you're talking about the Cartier Love Bracelet. So nice. $5575 retail tho :x

I actually always wanted a white gold LOVE bracelet and yes even before Kanye wore them.
I only want the half bracelet though, white gold is cheaper $4400 though I'd rather spend that one a nice watch.

RE: Secret Santa Program, I assume all participants got their secret santa already?

I'm not going to ruin any surprises, but I will say this...WOW, ante has been upped. Some of you dudes are getting really nice gifts, way beyond the minimum limit. :smokin

Thats dope, but I'm gonna try and swing multiple gifts for mine....college budget is tight though :lol: :smh:

Hey guys. My BDay is next weekend I am putting together fits.

What do you guys think of this?

Am I doing to much?

I am thinking of changing the shirt.

I will get my slimmed down and shortened tomorrow.

I will be in a club setting.

Last edited:
Am I doing to much?

Personally I think fit is a bit extra... And i knda get a sense that you feel that ur trying a bit too too hard...But if u feel confident in ur clothes by all means rock the outfit... When dressing up for a night out and clubbing I try to stick to dark colors such as blacks, grays, navys , and darker shaded of red or burgundy. More importantly, there are no set rules in regards to dressing... If u feel confident, you will always pull off the look... On the flip side, when u try too hard and kinda feel as though ur putting too much effort into the look, you will fail and others will see that ur trying way too hard. In all, even if ur pushing the envelope in regards to fashion, ur look should always be effortless.

Hey G:

Can you post up the members who are in the Santa Program? I'm still guessing around 8-10?

The feeling of giving is pretty addicting, I hope this turns into a really positive activity :D

Everyone is getting Kirkland tubesocks from me!

domc03
SoleAsian
knightlovesqueen
NCTwin
ksteezy
Grizzlyboy
sarteaga0408
sreezy
marmourjr
ReturnBama
LyonBC1

Also, just want to see if you guys wear or would wear bracelets?

I'm going to try to swing by the store on the weekend to see if they have anymore. If some of you dudes wear them, I'll pick up several extras and do raffles to pump up the holiday spirit.

Bracelets look like these:

tumblr_m86qudQeJ21rux7jzo1_500.jpg
Hook me up if they do.

Last edited:
Am I doing to much?

Personally, I'd never, ever wear red and white together. Ever. Never.

I don't know where you live, and then what the temp may be, but with red pants, you'd need a top to calm the tone down, making it a bit more subtle, something with texture.

Do you have any dark blue cashmere? A fitted blue denim shirt? Perhaps some brushed cotton in dark colors or even a merino wool pullover? It can be a textured pattern as well. That would soften that red nicely.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd never, ever wear red and white together. Ever. Never.

I don't know where you live, and then what the temp may be, but with red pants, you'd need a top to calm the tone down, making it a bit more subtle, something with texture.
Do you have any dark blue cashmere? A fitted blue denim shirt? Perhaps some brushed cotton in dark colors or even a merino wool pullover? It can be a textured pattern as well. That would soften that red nicely.

Yeah that what I was thinking.

I will be among some folks that have way longer pockets than me and their everyday attire is my going out attire. I would not care normally but its my B-Day.

Am I doing to much?

Those seem like go to hell type pants, like you'd rock them once a yr haha.....but its your b-day so there probably wouldn't be a better time if you wanna go with those.....imo they seem super bright, but maybe you can tone it down with a sweater or something up top, b/c it seems a little off with just the white shirt up top. If its a club setting it may be alright but personally I'd wear a more subdued shade or like a faded, not as bright color

I think the white shirt with red pants are fine, it just needs a jacket. Not suggesting getting a red blazer (a black blazer will probably work and would tie-in the black belt and black shoes together with the fit) but I do like this fit especially if they made the shirt white and minus the giant cuff on the pants. At the end of the day it's your birthday, you should like a king. So enjoy your day and have a great birthday!
b81xk8.jpg

Last edited:
Add a black jacket like RFX said and it's money, I'd throw in a pocket square instead of a tie or Bowtie to add a but if flavor and loosen up the collar.

Went to marshalls looking for some olive alpha khaki's today and ended up finding some 511 chinos, the fit really surprised me as all the other pairs of them I had to return because they were wayyyy too skinny. This pair was almost perfect but they were a 32L :smh: Tall struggles. Excuse the dutty chucks :lol:

I think the white shirt with red pants are fine, it just needs a jacket. Not suggesting getting a red blazer (a black blazer will probably work and would tie-in the black belt and black shoes together with the fit) but I do like this fit especially if they made the shirt white and minus the giant cuff on the pants. At the end of the day it's your birthday, you should like a king. So enjoy your day and have a great birthday!
b81xk8.jpg
laugh.gif
 That's okay while together alone...

..but since he is a brother, then of a darker hue than the model above, the contrast is too great.

Wearing a white shirt and being a brown skin man, the color transitions should be a bit different from face to feet..you must soften tones, instead of enhancing them, as the background, your skin, makes everything seem brighter and then more pronounced.

Last edited:
Was reading the GQ article on the interview with the Skyfall stylist and I figure his answer to the question kind of pertains to the recent discussion here.
http://www.gq.com/style/blogs/the-g...-interview-james-bond-style-daniel-craig.html

GQ: What style tips can a GQ reader learn from Bond?

Jany Temime: That wearing a suit is not wearing a uniform. I hope that when they see Bond, they realize that you can have a really active life and look very sexy without looking confined. I hope it inspires them to wear one more often. It's the best thing that can happen to a man, a beautiful suit, a nice shirt, a great pair of trousers, and shoes that just look gorgeous. A pair of shoes can tell you everything about a man, and they'll be next to your bed the morning after, so they'd better look good.

Went to marshalls looking for some olive alpha khaki's today and ended up finding some 511 chinos, the fit really surprised me as all the other pairs of them I had to return because they were wayyyy too skinny. This pair was almost perfect but they were a 32L :smh: Tall struggles. Excuse the dutty chucks :lol:

Is that too short? They look good to me...but then again I don't like too much stacking :lol:

Is that too short? They look good to me...but then again I don't like too much stacking :lol:

They look good standing up but when I did the sit down test they were damn near high waters :lol: Another .5 inch longer and they would've been perfect :smh:

Last edited:
It's alright if they run up when you sit down, trousers/chinos look best w/o a break and for that to happen, it'll always be too short when you sit down. I say get it since the price is probably too good to pass up.

It's alright if they run up when you sit down, trousers/chinos look best w/o a break and for that to happen, it'll always be too short when you sit down. I say get it since the price is probably too good to pass up.

RFX you're gonna make me take a drive back out there :lol:, joints were like $20 bucks. I started to grab them but I was meh about the length. I'll see if they're still there tomorrow and take pics sitting down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom