Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Finally picked up the bracelet earlier today, courtesy of Wisith :smokin

2h3o5d5.jpg

Thanks again man, it looks great!

Where's mine¿

Was I too late¿

RE: bracelets, I sent them to the first 3 people who showed interest. I apologize to everyone else. The store only had 3. I'll check routinely to see if I can find anymore.

We talked about fitted caps a while back. I had to buy this today at the local Lids on my lunch break. It's my alma mater, a smaller lesser known state university.
tumblr_mdr52xZVS41rux7jzo1_500.jpg

Finally got around to ordering these right before Nordstrom sold out.
S/O to RFX for posting the link awhile back.

RE: bracelets, I sent them to the first 3 people who showed interest. I apologize to everyone else. The store only had 3. I'll check routinely to see if I can find anymore.
We talked about fitted caps a while back. I had to buy this today at the local Lids on my lunch break. It's my alma mater, a smaller lesser known state university.
tumblr_mdr52xZVS41rux7jzo1_500.jpg

You graduated from csun bro???

I'm currently attending csun!!

GO MATADORS!

Those Red Wings are looking great. RFX and myself went to CSUN. I actually got my first master's there as well. School has gotten a lot bigger since I first started in 2003.

Those Red Wings are looking great. RFX and myself went to CSUN. I actually got my first master's there as well. School has gotten a lot bigger since I first started in 2003.

Much, much bigger (well a lot more stuff at least). I need to go back to check out the new Performing Arts Center and Student Rec Center. Both looks amazing on the outside and the I heard the Rec Center just won some design award.

I bet parking is still hell though. :lol:

Last edited:
12 Style Tips From André 3000

Find Facial Hair That Works For You
"You gotta find out what works for you and your face shape and what you’re trying to say. Your job has a lot to do with it too. Some clean cut people they pretty much work corporate jobs, and for me it's just whatever. Me and Big Boi started rapping 'cause we didn’t want to be in the corporate world, but if I had to be in it I’d probably try the handlebar mustache."

Emulate, Don't Imitate Your Icons
"Find people that you like and admire. Try to mimic them, then you’ll end up finding your own thing. Like one of my favorite artists, Miles Davis, he said when he started playing horn he said the best thing to do is play exactly like who you love and then you’ll end up turning around and it’ll become you. So Charlie Parker was probably his guy and then he ended up finding his own style. Just mimic the people who you dig and your personality will come out from it."

You Can Shop In Your Own Closet
"I’ve worn this outfit for weeks and these are my own clothes. I didn’t pay for anything new. You’re used to it. You know what works. How to mix and match it."

You Don't Have to Dress In All Designer Duds
"I hate looking like a mannequin. And by that I mean like if you go to some store and the mannequin's head-to-toe in designer brands. I hate head-to-toe dressers."

You'll Make Style Mistakes, and That's Okay
"I've done some crazy looks that didn’t really look to cool on me and I had to figure out well, that’s not my thing. It’s trial and error. You just have to see what works for you and what doesn’t."

Developing Style Starts Early
"It’s almost like learning how to talk, your parents, you hear them as a baby and you kind of mimic and they say ABCs and you mimic the ABCs and then once you learn those pieces you put them together in your own kind of way. It’s the same thing with style."

Learn The Rules Well Enough to Break Them
Once you learn the rules it’s so cool to break them. When you know why they said that, sometimes it's cool to just say '**** it.' And that’s a style within itself."

Accessorize According to Who You Are, Not Trends
"Accessorizing is not about if it's too much—it’s just if it's too much for you. I've never been in a real big gold chain wearer. I never been that kind of person and like right now in recession times, hard times, I would feel really stupid for wearing big gold chains. For me its just a personal thing. I've had this bead necklace for like 15 years and my descent is African and Native American so it’s a little bit of both."

Every Day Can Serve As Inspiration
"My inspiration is the people on the street. Style is a personal thing, and my thing is 'just try it,' 'cause you never know what works."

Dress For Yourself and No One Else
"Style is a feeling. And I mean, you can get caught up into chasing and pleasing other people, but you’ll feel like **** inside. You’ll do it for a while, and then you just say 'you know what? I don’t feel that way' and then you’ll just grab what you feel like and you’ll feel great."

Mending Your Own Clothes Makes Them Cooler

"I’ve had this jacket for years and I bought these jeans off the Internet, and then the knee tore up so I put pins in it. I was supposed to put a patch under it, but this was like a makeshift thing—and then people was like 'oh, that’s cool!' so I just left it. So it's just kinda like adding new stuff to old stuff."

Style is a Conversation
"At the end of the day it's your world. Other people's opinion about how you look is just opinion. It’s all about how you feel. It’s all a conversation., and you speak with your clothes. "

Via: http://www.complex.com/style/2012/11/12-style-tips-from-andre-3000/style-is-a-conversation

Yeah saw those H&M and they aren't bad and has a decent taper. They'll probably be on sale on Black Friday too but if you can't wait, try and use this:
34dlwd5.jpg

Yeah saw those H&M and they aren't bad and has a decent taper. They'll probably be on sale on Black Friday too but if you can't wait, try and use this:
34dlwd5.jpg

I would describe the quality as decent as well, and could see them being designated as only pajama pants after a few washes. Nevertheless, not a bad buy, and look great for the first few uses.

The APC joints are awesome though, IMO. And thanks for that coupon! I probably will cop a back up pair!

Scooped up two pairs of Dockers Alpha's from Sears. Price is a bit better than the Dockers site w/promo code. Thanks for the heads up.

For tapered sweats, I just rock adidas soccer pants, like 20-30 bucks at nordstrom rack or tj maxx/marshalls.

Where can i find a good quality, lower priced varsity jacket? Nothing on it no patches or anything, I feel kind of cheap when I look at the generic ones on eBay from overseas 

Back
Top Bottom