Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Am I the only one who doesn't like wearing their bracelets on the same wrist as my watch? I just don't want to risk any hairline scratches on the polished surface of my watch.

Nope, I'm the same way. One wrist will have bracelets and the other will have a watch if I'm wearing both. I don't know if it's just me but I prefer to wear my bracelets/watch on my left wrist.

Right here sir. We used to have a 16% discount code but I think Tom discontinued that. I can PM you the 10% off code. If you stay out in the bay, come by the store! We're having an in-store sale. Unfortunately, no Cyber Monday sale this year. :rolleyes

DAMB, IM ALL THE WAY OUT IN NJ.

TELL TOM TO HOOK TE KID UP!

Nope, I'm the same way. One wrist will have bracelets and the other will have a watch if I'm wearing both. I don't know if it's just me but I prefer to wear my bracelets/watch on my left wrist.

Most right handed people wear/prefer watches on their left wrist, it's also less chance of banging it around since right handed peoples right hand is usually more active. I am not sure I met anyone that puts their watch on the right wrist that isn't left handed but they do make left handed watches too (crown on the opposite/left side).

my man... I ain't outchea balling :lol: I haven't even bought my OWN self clothes.... plus he's not the kinda guy that would want clothes. I'm buying him something he really wants (a record player) but I am going to throw in some Blazers (found a cheap pair on the bay :lol: ) His main issue right now is shoes... he needs some nice brown oxfords or chukka's
I'm not tryna go all out and just buy him a **** ton of gifts. I was on jackthreads tho and they had a nice couple of "starter" pieces that would jump start his wardrobe. I just need to know how to get HIM on there. And even if he don't buy the clothes from there, give him an idea of what he should buy when he goes out clothes shopping for himself.

Instead of a pair of sneakers buy him a pair of Clark's....start there...you are his girl, you have the right to tell him he should look into more formal clothes for when you guys go out...

DAMB, IM ALL THE WAY OUT IN NJ.
TELL TOM TO HOOK TE KID UP!

Damn, all the way out there? I'm not sure if we have retailers out there. I know we do in NYC for sure. A few things to come next year: a reversible vest, burgundy on one side I believe or this may be the irreversible one and a denim jacket. We will also have a jacket with goretex (I'm not sure if the whole jacket will be goretex)

Instead of a pair of sneakers buy him a pair of Clark's....start there...you are his girl, you have the right to tell him he should look into more formal clothes for when you guys go out...

Quoted for emphasis. I feel like every guy should have a pair of Clark's in their closet, can't always be wearing Foams & J's.

What do you guys think of these?… I'm debating between these or a pair of DB's

hmmmm, you are right. Where can I find some Clark's and how do they run? I casually asked for his size the other day and he said 9.5

I don't want to come off as "naggy" though and like I'm complaining. You know?

hmmmm, you are right. Where can I find some Clark's and how do they run? I casually asked for his size the other day and he said 9.5
I don't want to come off as "naggy" though and like I'm complaining. You know?

Depends on which model you are looking at. Amazon has them. My friend has Desert Boots and went down half a size to a full size. I have the Supreme Clark Mali Low's & went down half a size.

Well you can go online, Clark's has actual stores in most large malls, I know is like that in NY...they run pretty TTS...although after some wears mines have stretched a bit...you can also take advantage of the GAP sale and pick up some of their skinny fit, which is actually a nice slim fit...also the Docker's Alphas although I personally don't like them, many sweat by them on here and have become somewhat of a staple of this thread for those making a transition.

It would be fantastic if more women participated on this sort of thread, instead of a bunch of cool dudes giving each other props and info on gear...no hate.

Am I the only one who doesn't like wearing their bracelets on the same wrist as my watch? I just don't want to risk any hairline scratches on the polished surface of my watch.

Definitely not, I don't know how that's even comfortable.

HALP....
how can I get my BF to dress better.... without getting him to "dress better" :lol: Luckily he's cute so he kinda gets by with whatever, but when we go out he's real limited into what he can put on. he has bummy work clothes, and fancy work clothes. NOTHING for in between. I told him this AM about how he doesn't have good 'in between' shoes and mentioned the idea of going shoe shopping.
Any other things? I don't want to be that girl who picks out here dude's clothes, I want him to WANT to dress better. Is there any hope?? #pleaserespond

Buy him a couple of staple items; you don't have to go spend an arm and a leg either. Find him some slim fit denim; try H&M or Uniqlo's online store; anywhere from $20-30. In terms of tops, it all depends what he likes to wear, you'd be surprised what fit can do, keeping him wearing what he likes is a good start.

This. If you can only buy him one other thing, have it be this, a pair of desert boots or nice dress shoes.

My grandmother says that a Woman should never buy a man a pair of shoes, because if you do, they'll be the same pair shoes that he'll walk away from you in.

Old school superstition, I know...
laugh.gif

My grandmother says that a Woman should never buy a man a pair of shoes, because if you do, they'll be the same pair shoes that he'll walk away from you in.

Old school superstition, I know...:lol:

A girl I used to date said that she thought about buying me shoes & remembered this superstitution and told me 'I don't want you to walk out of my life.' and said she was going to buy me some jeans instead. :rofl:

A girl I used to date said that she thought about buying me shoes & remembered this superstitution and told me 'I don't want you to walk out of my life.' and said she was going to buy me some jeans instead.
roll.gif
My grandma has some good ones from back in the day, stuff about not buying men that aren't in your family ANYTHING, if you are a female.

It's really that old school game, that what's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine as well type vibe.

Last edited:
They had plenty of sizes earlier, NewJs even got a size 11 which could very well be a US12/US13 depending on the width of your feet, they fit a size big than the usual Euro sized shoes.

Word? I didn't know they ran that large. I wear a 13. Going to order a pair then.
It says the 11 is wait list in the color I want. What are the chances that I'll get a pair

Old school superstition, I know...:lol:
all the guys I bought shoes for walked out my life.... now was it the shoes that did it? Probably not :lol: But still.....

Thanks for the help guys, he def needs some better jeans... better everything kinda :\ He likes lil' goofy threadless tees shirts so I bought him one a while back that he loves :pimp: :pimp: I got a kinda idea of what he wants his style to be, but I think he's just too lazy to really concern himself with trying to maintain it .

I wish he had more fashionable friends. He spends LOTS of time on the internet, I've been kinda scheming on how I could sneak a fashion blog into what he looks at while he's online :nerd: That's probably just wishful thinking.

Kinda like a fashion blog that's NOT a fashion blog...if you catch my drift.

DIS DUDE RFX FINNA MAKE ME GO BROKE. BOUT TO ORDER THE BLACK LOWTOP LANVINS.
MUST RESIST. TOO MANY SHOE PURCHASES...
Yeah, for $350 (with the code NewMJ provided), I was really tempted to buy. I had to use all of my willpower to resist the Lanvin lows. Darn you guys :lol:

Today:

New sweater pick up:

..mother of god
just realized my ex bought me my DBs for a christmas present back in HS :wow: :lol:
4 years later, still going strong :pimp:

No she doesnt.

Back
Top Bottom