Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You realize CP is listed as 6' which means he's probably more around 5' 11 or 5'10
I'm 6' 1" and I wear a 44R. I honestly doubt you know anything about suits[/quote]
I'm 5'11.5'' and I wear a 44L. Man I know more than my fair share about suits and dress shoes. But then again I'm oldschool I never were suits straight off the rack and I never wear shoes before they have been tapped on the heels and had real goodyear anti slip covering applied, but then again i know nothing. Let me ask you this though since you know it all, Where is proper cuff placement for pants. In other words where should you pants hit you shoes at? Heel, above the heel, ankle, or just any where GQ magazine decide it should be that day. Or may be they were just trying to shoecase the socks or create a color theme and you mistaken it for correct pants length, it happens, I'm picture positive it does.

lmfao...did you bring up the CEO talk?....most real executives out on the field cant eem dress themselves...they dont care about propper fit, the hell are you talking about, all they see is a tie, shirt and suit, fit doesnt mean **** to a CEO.
and lettuce be cereal, slim fit might not be in style 10 years from now, who knows, but i highly doubt ill look back at these pics and laugh the way i would now at a pic of me back in the 90's in XXXL tall tees, cut that **** out.
I bet you thought the same about tall tees.

I don't care what dude says, damn Steezy that suit is fire. Fit is fire. Entire outfit is fire. Making me want to go purchase a Ludlow now :lol:

im sure there is far better quality elsewhere, but with the discounts these two ludlows were the best 500-600$ spent. :pimp:

$500-$600 each or for both?
If each: :x
If total: :pimp:

I agree, fit on your suit is proper. I tried on a Ludlow blazer once and it didn't work for me. The fit on the MMM blazer I tried on the other day was insane, needed minimal tailoring but that price :x

based on the fashion of today YES it is, fits his body well.

ive worn the **** out of the suits i have to all sorts of events and actually been complimented by both men and women, ill stick to my itty bitty suits, thanks for the input.
See that's the thing with fashion, when done properly most items in your closet should reach across time. I can pull suits out from 10 years ago and they garner compliments as well. See I've seen this time and time with all different types of clothes. In 18 months you will not be able to step out the house in that suit because the style will be out and you will regret the hell out of the pics. I remember I was wearing Polo's when people wear wearing throwback and funny color AF1. Now these were the same people who were wearing cross colours and carhart when I was wearing Polo, Polo Sport, Polo Snowbeach stuff, in the late 80's early to mid 90's, just saying.
wait, i aint eem realize dude thought i pulled up a picture of the same suit from a google search....lmao...
Look man not looking to get into a pissing match, I just gave my veiw. But since that you that suit is not appropriate for that type of event. Just imagine if you would have met a CEO that day, do you think he would want you walking around the office like that. Further more that is not a dress or formal, that suit should only be worn to a fashion show, art show, wine tasting, type setting, not an event were conversation has the potential to go beyond whatever the primary focaus of the event is.

Uh oh, he wore da lo' back in the day :pimp:

Everyone bow down :smh:

based on the fashion of today YES it is, fits his body well.

ive worn the **** out of the suits i have to all sorts of events and actually been complimented by both men and women, ill stick to my itty bitty suits, thanks for the input.
See that's the thing with fashion, when done properly most items in your closet should reach across time. I can pull suits out from 10 years ago and they garner compliments as well. See I've seen this time and time with all different types of clothes. In 18 months you will not be able to step out the house in that suit because the style will be out and you will regret the hell out of the pics. I remember I was wearing Polo's when people wear wearing throwback and funny color AF1. Now these were the same people who were wearing cross colours and carhart when I was wearing Polo, Polo Sport, Polo Snowbeach stuff, in the late 80's early to mid 90's, just saying.
wait, i aint eem realize dude thought i pulled up a picture of the same suit from a google search....lmao...
Look man not looking to get into a pissing match, I just gave my veiw. But since that you that suit is not appropriate for that type of event. Just imagine if you would have met a CEO that day, do you think he would want you walking around the office like that. Further more that is not a dress or formal, that suit should only be worn to a fashion show, art show, wine tasting, type setting, not an event were conversation has the potential to go beyond whatever the primary focaus of the event is.

Are you serious with the CEO comment dude?

Are you like 40 years old? Just curious.
No actually I'm 32 but all my elders where either legal professional types or illegal professional types but i was taught to do it right and appropriate no matter what was in style. Grandaddy taught me how to shine shoes and brush a hat clean, daddy taught how to wear a suit and command attention in one, and my uncle taught me how to be able to afford them, LOL.

$500-$600 each or for both?
If each:
sick.gif

If total:
pimp.gif

I agree, fit on your suit is proper. I tried on a Ludlow blazer once and it didn't work for me. The fit on the MMM blazer I tried on the other day was insane, needed minimal tailoring but that price
sick.gif
Thank you, you got the point, a few didn't.

I'm 5'11.5'' and I wear a 44L. Man I know more than my fair share about suits and dress shoes. But then again I'm oldschool I never were suits straight off the rack and I never wear shoes before they have been tapped on the heels and had real goodyear anti slip covering applied, but then again i know nothing. Let me ask you this though since you know it all, Where is proper cuff placement for pants. In other words where should you pants hit you shoes at? Heel, above the heel, ankle, or just any where GQ magazine decide it should be that day. Or may be they were just trying to shoecase the socks or create a color theme and you mistaken it for correct pants length, it happens, I'm picture positive it does.
Where the pants hit shoe is a matter of personal preference. 

Why don't you post some pics of you in suits, though?

You said you can reach in and get something from a decade back so I'm sure you have pics available from past events of you wearing suits

You realize CP is listed as 6' which means he's probably more around 5' 11 or 5'10

I'm 6' 1" and I wear a 44R. I honestly doubt you know anything about suits

[/quote]
[/quote]

:x

Argument invalid.

I too have my suits tailored, like most people.

Why are you acting like there's a textbook length to wear pants? Some of my pants are above the heel, some are at my heel, and others are at my ankle. Depends on what look I'm going for that day or what the temperature outside is. I honestly don't give a **** where your grand daddy told you your cuff placement should be.

Most of the CEO's that I know care more about spelling and grammar than where your damn pants are at

Last edited:
Thank you, you got the point, a few didn't.

what point is that?....

your idea of fit, conservative and may not be as stylish but im sure is good, probably something you see a well dressed coorporate dude wearing.

my idea of fit is slim, not as conservative and probably more stylish based off today's fashion, perhaps the type of suit id get away with in a club or fashion show after party and blend right in

dont think either is wrong, really.

i personally dont work in coorporate america, im a photographer on the side and most of the time thats when i dress up in a suit....a job that requires me to move around and cant afford to be in a suit that restricts me.

No actually I'm 32 but all my elders where either legal professional types or illegal professional types but i was taught to do it right and appropriate no matter what was in style. Grandaddy taught me how to shine shoes and brush a hat clean, daddy taught how to wear a suit and command attention in one, and my uncle taught me how to be able to afford them, LOL.

Which means you were like 9 or 10 years old in the late 80's rocking Lo?

[/quote]
sick.gif

Argument invalid.
Why are you acting like there's a textbook length to wear pants? Some of my pants are above the heel, some are at my heel, and others are at my ankle. Depends on what look I'm going for that day. I honestly don't give a **** where your grandpa told you your cuff placement should be.[/quote]
Not giving a **** is a major character flaw!!!!!!!!!!!

would AE park ave's look too dressy with jeans?

or

should i get cole haan air madison wingtip oxfords

color would be brown for both

Last edited:

You said you can reach in and get something from a decade back so I'm sure you have pics available from past events of you wearing suits

Damn, 5'11 and 44L? You must either be brolic or a hippo.

I'm 5'10 and wear 36R :lol:

Last edited:
not even 6ft and rocking a 44L???.....you wildin....now thats an ill fitting suit just based on your height....till you post pics im gonna assume this is your idea of a timeless suit.

Last edited:

:x

Argument invalid.

Why are you acting like there's a textbook length to wear pants? Some of my pants are above the heel, some are at my heel, and others are at my ankle. Depends on what look I'm going for that day. I honestly don't give a **** where your grandpa told you your cuff placement should be.[/QUOTE]
Not giving a **** is a major character flaw!!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

No, once again you are wrong. Please re-read what I wrote. I give a ****, I just don't care what your grandpa said or what your opinion is.

If I didn't give a **** I wouldn't dress nicely everyday or even be in this thread.

I'd be posting in the WDYWT thread with some oversized levi's and team jordans.

Damn, 5'11 and 44L? You must either be brolic or a hippo.

I'm 5'10 and wear 36R :lol:

:smh: Seriously

I'm 6' 1" like I said earlier, and I wear 44R and that's in SLIM suits WITH tailoring.

+ We know this dude isn't wearing slim suits, 44L is WAY too big

Did you inherit papas suits? Poor fool.

Get this clown out of here :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom