Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Hey bros, nice work in this thread. Truly gives me inspiration and insight on how to dress better.

One quick question that I'm hoping to get some feedback on:

I'm looking for some new all black dress shoes that I can wear on a consistent basis. I need some ideas on what shoes I could rock on a daily basis that are appropriate for a real estate job.

Thanks y'all
I would check out Cole Haan with a rubber sole. Seems like you will be doing a lot of walking and comfort should be key. Also you would beat them up and not have a care in the world.

Any in store deals going on? Heading out of town this weekend and can check out some of the bigger department stores like Saks and Bloomingdales

Let me ask, are you out in the field often? Or, you work in the office?

I'm constantly touring so i'm always out and about walking around my property.
I've probably gone through 3 pairs of high quality dress shoes in about 3 years because of that fact.

For those that are big Sorel fans....they have the Cheyanne Lace Up for $51

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Sorel...ance%2BLanding%26st%3Ds&eItemId=prod134470125

Any in store deals going on? Heading out of town this weekend and can check out some of the bigger department stores like Saks and Bloomingdales
Bloomingdales is havea pretty good sale in store. Extra 40 off already marked down items.

I'm constantly touring so i'm always out and about walking around my property.
I've probably gone through 3 pairs of high quality dress shoes in about 3 years because of that fact.

Allen Edmonds, Johnston & Murphy, Cole Haan...Be sure to get arch support added in them...

Plan to (extensively) go back through the thread tonight for info but....

Opinions on best store/brand to buy good quality everyday polos for a business casual environment? Long sleeve, slim fitting button downs as well.

I owe a handful of standard, solid color Polo Ralph Lauren polos but I just started a full time 9-5 gig and really have to update my work arsenal.

Don't expect to find purchase-worthy stuff for $20 a pop, but I'm not looking to spend $70-$80 on a shirt either.

Maybe $40-$50 range?

Plan to (extensively) go back through the thread tonight for info but....
Opinions on best store/brand to buy good quality everyday polos for a business casual environment? Long sleeve, slim fitting button downs as well.
I owe a handful of standard, solid color Polo Ralph Lauren polos but I just started a full time 9-5 gig and really have to update my work arsenal.
Don't expect to find purchase-worthy stuff for $20 a pop, but I'm not looking to spend $70-$80 on a shirt either.
Maybe $40-$50 range?

J Crew is in that price range.

I got a question about Fair Isle sweaters. Are they only worn during the holidays or whenever its cold to wear one? I'm thinking of purchasing one but wouldn't want it to sit in the closet after the holidays.I live in San Francisco so its cold for awhile.

I got a question about Fair Isle sweaters. Are they only worn during the holidays or whenever its cold to wear one? I'm thinking of purchasing one but wouldn't want it to sit in the closet after the holidays.I live in San Francisco so its cold for awhile.
Wear it when it's cold. The more bright ones are designed for the holiday season but you can certainly wear them when the weather permits.

I've posted a pic of one of our jackets in here before and several people have asked me about it..
We just finished our 1st pop-up over the weekend and we're offering 15% on all orders over $100 to NTers (discount code: niketalk) until Dec 31.
www.wearchaostheory.com
Hmmm was starting to feel left out because a lot of stuff in here is NOT my style of dress.  I will have to check out that vest though.  Sucks though I am getting bigger from hitting the gym so clothes not fitting how they use to.
Neiman Marcus is having a sale on all Prada shoes....
Bloomingdales is having a 40% off sale on random high end brands
I purchased these Eastland 1955 Edition Belgrade Kiltie boots for $120 from Bloomingdale's
I just CAN'T get with these, my fashion taste must just be different.  

Pool side dress, because I DO NOT do water.
mean.gif

Work day outfit, MAD as hell hat doesn't match perfectly.  It is however a good contrast that matches the tye.

Relaxing in my home city of San Diego

Vacation attire with the wife.

I don't know why but I can't get down with the J Crew look, sure mix and match some pieces but the shoes don't do it for me.  I need to take more dress pics, a Tumblr page is a good idea someone mentioned.

Hey bros, nice work in this thread. Truly gives me inspiration and insight on how to dress better.

One quick question that I'm hoping to get some feedback on:

I'm looking for some new all black dress shoes that I can wear on a consistent basis. I need some ideas on what shoes I could rock on a daily basis that are appropriate for a real estate job.

Thanks y'all

Cole Haan, Allen Edmond, or even Bass.

Although not as classy as the other two Bass shoes are rediculously padded. I was looking at a pair of Bass Oxfords the other day that had at least a half inch of memory foam type material.

i see what you mean. would not be my first choice of a brown boot either, not horrible though.

we start a new challenge?

broke out my favorite sweater/jacket getting colder out here

i see what you mean. would not be my first choice of a brown boot either, not horrible though.

we start a new challenge?

broke out my favorite sweater/jacket getting colder out here

Boots are SICK man!

I believe the next challenge is red and green clothing but I don't think it's officially started yet :nerd:

Pool side dress, because I DO NOT do water. :smh:

Work day outfit, MAD as hell hat doesn't match perfectly.  It is however a good contrast that matches the tye.

Relaxing in my home city of San Diego

Vacation attire with the wife.

I don't know why but I can't get down with the J Crew look, sure mix and match some pieces but the shoes don't do it for me.  I need to take more dress pics, a Tumblr page is a good idea someone mentioned.

I appreciate you chiming into this thread. I have the same boots from above and the tassel is removable. I also like that they are different. (Not trying to change your mind.)

The great thing about this thread is the diversity and difference in styles. We all learn a little bit from each other to tweak and solidify our style. I personally couldn't rock with your suit, but that's me. Mainly the shine and fit are not my taste. But if you like it, I love it. Keep contributing!

What are best practices for when/when not to roll up pant legs???

i mean, i just go with what i feel looks the best at the time. with jeans and chinos i alway cuff or double cuff/ roll. that changes from time to time when i "dress up" and want no break in my pant leg.

fellas...i need a little NYE outfit suggestions. i have a pair of LV navajo moccasin loafers in suede calf (red/khaki/brown)...sorry no actual pic, just link!
please LMK your thoughts...i prefer to dress them up. i've been lurking this thread and haven't seen many loafers

http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#...products/Navajo-moccasin-in-suede-calf-910206

joints are dope. i live in md so its not really the season to be rocking loafers but if i was gonna dress those up i'd just do a khaki suit

Just came out of HM...grabbed up a black pair of sweats they have....to my surprise I tried them on and fell in love, comfortable as hell, thinner than your average sweats, sort of like a loose leggins material, I know leggins are for women but these joints are nice IMO...for exactly how I want a slim pair of sweats to fit and feel.

Back
Top Bottom