Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Picked up today for a decent price:

How much and where?
it was off B&S at SF, 220 DS

It might be just me, but I just cant rock with sneakers that aren't Nike, Adidas, Converse, Vans, etc.

The "luxury" sneakers just aren't my cup of tea.

That being said, is there anyone else in this thread besides me that just can't leave streetwear alone? I grew up on that steez and i really dont think that I will ever abandon it. I'm not corporate, nor do I plan on it, so I cant see myself rocking the suit/tie style unless I am at a formal function. I am not by any means demeaning that style, but just saying that it aint for me. To me, dressing better all comes down to the fit and the coordination of colors, textures, layers, etc. and not necessarily high end merch, hard shoes and a tie.

They are using 248 for retail. Cypress outlet in texas

appreciate the info man, just ordered both pairs, $111 each and 11 for shipping... great deal!

and they also have 4 colors for women too

Wait, there's men's AND women's colors¿

Women's

Men's

Keep in mind, there were some previously released colorways that aren't on the site anymore but may be in outlets. I can't lie, there have been a few of the women's colorways I like better than the men's but my feet are too big and the women's are so narrow anyway.

I know there's men and women colors released(I own a pair already), but I thought it was just women's in the outlets. How do we know what's there?? Just call and ask?

Oh.

Yeah. Seems like the outlets that have men's have the grey/volt & black/pink in stock.

I'm on the hunt. Thanks a lot. I have that grey/volt, so I'll roll with that black/pink.

If anyone gets word of the navy/white suede, let me know.

I found it a lot better to incorporate a lot of styles, so if you want to have streetwear influence by all means do so. Don't drop it, bring your own element into the mix.

I can't rock with "luxury" sneakers either, to each their own, frankly I haven't seen luxury design that is unique enough to pay a designer/luxury price.

Still rock Nike's heavy, along with Vans, JP's, etc. By heavy, I mean mostly weekends and sometimes on casual Friday. Monday through Thursday it's business attire.

I didn't get a chance to take a picture but I might go after work to Barney's NY at NorthPark mall.

Saw this amazing blazer that had leather lapels. Any thoughts or comments? 8)

NY NTers that are familiar with Uniqlo sizing, I need your help. My boy is heading out there for the weekend and I asked him to scoop me up this wool blend toggle jacket.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/store/made-for-all/men-wool-blended-duffle-coat/073867-35-005

This dude is much taller than me so it would be difficult for him to figure out what size to grab me. I am 5 7", 150lbs and I usually wear medium. Does anyone know size would be good for me? Any input appreciated.

It might be just me, but I just cant rock with sneakers that aren't Nike, Adidas, Converse, Vans, etc.
The "luxury" sneakers just aren't my cup of tea.
That being said, is there anyone else in this thread besides me that just can't leave streetwear alone? I grew up on that steez and i really dont think that I will ever abandon it. I'm not corporate, nor do I plan on it, so I cant see myself rocking the suit/tie style unless I am at a formal function. I am not by any means demeaning that style, but just saying that it aint for me. To me, dressing better all comes down to the fit and the coordination of colors, textures, layers, etc. and not necessarily high end merch, hard shoes and a tie.

I fully feel what you're saying. I just like to dress for the proper occasion plus I like to always rep myself, my family, and the family name well. Never under dressed and always sharp.

It all depends on the event tho. I still collect kicks and put them on with certain outfits even if it is with jeans and a blazer. If I take the lady out for lunch or day drinking, then it depends on where and the weather. I'm more like a chameleon when it comes to dressing. I have no set style but I'm always dressed up to my standards. I have many friends who are always asking why I'm dressed up or say "who are you trying to look good for?"

It all depends on you and what you want. I dress the part to play the part sort of say, but keep it real. 8)

I need some help, I'm looking for some navy chinos some that fit similar to the dockers alpha khaki or like these

http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/...iew=15&ab=ln_men_cs1_chinos&parentPage=family

I have a pair of those and love the way they fit, I'd buy another pair if they had them in navy but unfortunately they don't. Also I ordered some navy alpha khaki in the size that I wanted after months and months of looking for them then I get an email today saying they cancelled my order because they didn't have them :smh: the help would be appreciated!

I tried it on last year and was disappointed with the fit. It seemed very boxy to me so I ended up getting a peacoat from Gap that I like much better. I strongly suggest trying it on in store before purchasing.

I also felt this way when I tried it on, I was surprised at how much space I had underneath. But, I believe I tried on a Medium in Regular size fitting. I ordered the "Thinsulate" version earlier this morning. Hoping it fits better.

I know this doesn't really help since it's unbuttoned but

I sized down to M and it has a taper to the sides and fits really well without any tailoring when its buttoned up (really warm too)....its been in the 50's though so I haven't worn it this yr though

Looks good, is this the Regular or Thinsulate version?

My favorite coat. It's very warm. It is bulky but that should be expected from a heavy coat. Looks great when buttoned up and the collar flipped up. Fit true to size for me.

Glad you like it, can't wait until I receive mine.. Just wondering, do you have the Regular or Thinsulate version?

For those interested in the Neiman Marcus for Target collab, everything is now 50% off online and in store. Will be picking up that Rag & Bone cardigan after work today.
My man. Just came from my Target and scooped it up. Needed to pick up new outfits for my birthday and graduation.

I fully feel what you're saying. I just like to dress for the proper occasion plus I like to always rep myself, my family, and the family name well. Never under dressed and always sharp.
It all depends on the event tho. I still collect kicks and put them on with certain outfits even if it is with jeans and a blazer. If I take the lady out for lunch or day drinking, then it depends on where and the weather. I'm more like a chameleon when it comes to dressing. I have no set style but I'm always dressed up to my standards. I have many friends who are always asking why I'm dressed up or say "who are you trying to look good for?"
It all depends on you and what you want. I dress the part to play the part sort of say, but keep it real. 8)

That right there is my feelings exactly. It's all on the occasion. My occasions just happen to be mainly a relaxed, chill, comfortable vibe 90% of the time.

My work is lax on dress code, so no blazer, tie, hard shoes needed there...don't really do clubs on the weekend, more of a bar person, so no need for "dressy" attire there either. My wardrobe is lax in general, but like I said previously, looking sharp to me, is all in how you carry yourself, the fit, and the coordination.

anyone have the rag & bone target cardigan ? seems decent, but i can't make up my mind. can't really find any good pics of anyone wearing it through google. anyone able to post some pics ? would be greatly appreciated. also, does it run true to size ?

fellas...i need a little NYE outfit suggestions. i have a pair of LV navajo moccasin loafers in suede calf (red/khaki/brown)...sorry no actual pic, just link!
please LMK your thoughts...i prefer to dress them up. i've been lurking this thread and haven't seen many loafers

http://www.louisvuitton.com/front/#/eng_US/Collections/Men/Shoes/products/Navajo-moccasin-in-suede-calf-910206
joints are dope. i live in md so its not really the season to be rocking loafers but if i was gonna dress those up i'd just do a khaki suit
thanks for the reply GAGJR....anyone else? would you rock slim fitting jeans or trousers?

That right there is my feelings exactly. It's all on the occasion. My occasions just happen to be mainly a relaxed, chill, comfortable vibe 90% of the time.

My work is lax on dress code, so no blazer, tie, hard shoes needed there...don't really do clubs on the weekend, more of a bar person, so no need for "dressy" attire there either. My wardrobe is lax in general, but like I said previously, looking sharp to me, is all in how you carry yourself, the fit, and the coordination.
My sentiments. When I first started posting in this thread, it looked like most people idea of dressing better was not really dressing better, it was just dressing different.

If someone came up to in a pair of baggy jeans, sneakers, and a polo and asked me how to dress better, I wouldn't tell him to go cop some wingtips, slacks and a blazer, I'd just recommend him some jeans and a top I thought had a better fit and more versatile sneakers.

Not saying there aren't those kind of recommendations posted here, but I've seen a lot of people just trying to move away from that style as if thats dressing better.

Well my work is 50/50. Today I'm sporting my Dallas Mavs tee, Jeans, and Kobe Chinas. But yesterday I was in a blazer and dress shoes. As far as going out, when I hit up uptown it depends on the place. But I do like to go to fancy restaurants from time to time. Work hard and play hard sort of thing. 8)

I fully understand tho. Most bars never require blazers, ties, etc. BUT I like to dress nice. I like to have the old mature look. Feels good

Well my work is 50/50. Today I'm sporting my Dallas Mavs tee, Jeans, and Kobe Chinas. But yesterday I was in a blazer and dress shoes. As far as going out, when I hit up uptown it depends on the place. But I do like to go to fancy restaurants from time to time. Work hard and play hard sort of thing. 8)

I fully understand tho. Most bars never require blazers, ties, etc. BUT I like to dress nice. I like to have the old mature look. Feels good
Damn where you work at? lol. I remember one internship I had a couple years back was very lax. It was pretty much jeans, shoes and a shirt. They even had casual fridays like that mattered :lol: But this more of the software dev department. This past summer I was in slacks, dress shoes, polo or shirt. Never tie or jacket. My Higher Ups said they'll laugh at me if I ever wore a them.

WhatcanIsay,

If you find yourself around the Paramus area, stop by Nordstrom at GSP. We carry an extensive selection of what you're looking for at the Paramus location compared to alot of retailers. Ask for me, I'm the Men's Shoes manager. I'd be glad to help you narrow down your options.

Not really dressy at all but we were on the topic of slim sweats a few weeks ago and thought I'd recommend the ones from HM...at 20$ can't go wrong.

Which H&M did you get this at?
The H&M on 86th and Lex is a couple of min away from me but the store is always a damn mess and there's almost no employees that i see around aside from cashiers.

WHAT PART OF JERSEY FAMBS?
ALSO WHATS UR PRICE RANGE?

I'm in the Cedar Grove/Essex county area bro. Something from $200-$450 would be suitable. Thanks!
NJ checking in bruh. seriously, wait until the day after xmas.
Nordstrom has their half-yearly sale then. Major discounts. i scooped my Allen Edmonds player's there last year. $335 became $220 :smokin

Wow ,awesome. Any specific Nordstrom where not too many people shop in? Or are they usually stocked up on everything? I'm looking to pick one up before January 9th. I have multiple interviews for a bunch of engineering companies and really want to look my best.

Short Hills Mall,The Shops at Hackensack and Garden State Mall are your best bet.

Picked up today for a decent price:

Bros,

Be happy you have larger feet. As a size 6.5 in dress shoes, it is almost impossible for me to find really nice dress shoes for a relatively cheaper price. I can really only shop at Allen Edmonds and Alden (plus other shoe brands within those tiers)

Feelsbatman.:frown:
I'm in the same boat, 7D so I pretty much have to pay full retail price for shoes.

QUOTE****ZLE COSIGN

Back
Top Bottom