Dressing Better Vol 2.0

You are right about body sizing.

I just feel that if you are going to allow for any measurement changes, I think more than a one line response should be given in response to enquires. Unless you are that good. Charly is not that good. Atleast not how they talk him up on SF.

It seems some peps got indept responses. I didnt.

One thing I dislike is that it takes the same amount of time to get a stock item that it does a MTMish item. I know they make them one at a time. They can make a couple of stock items and have those ready immediately.

Outside of sample items, I really don't think ToJ could have sold ready made items, people are picky and were adjust .02" in the chest so an OTR clothing when they advertise as MTM just isn't going to work. They are headed that way though so we'll see how that works out. Plus I think Drew pretty much needs the payment before making the item to maybe cut some cost? Some OTR items might not sell especially since he does offer several options for each jacket, especially the varsity.

Charly was nice to deal with when I ordered, this was a year or two ago though. He actually tried to have a conversation but I could see it being difficult when there are hundreds of emails you have to respond to one by one.

I don't really read the thread much, just scroll through the pics in that thread so I have no idea what is going on. The brand definitely has a cult following though and it is understandable considering they still provide the best bang for your buck when it comes to leather jackets.

Last edited:
A day late, but Merry Xmas fam! Me and the soon to be official Mrs. and our annual Xmas day prom poses! :lol:

Outside of sample items, I really don't think ToJ could have sold ready made items, people are picky and were adjust .02" in the chest so an OTR clothing when they advertise as MTM just isn't going to work. They are headed that way though so we'll see how that works out. Plus I think Drew pretty much needs the payment before making the item to maybe cut some cost? Some OTR items might not sell especially since he does offer several options for each jacket, especially the varsity.
Charly was nice to deal with when I ordered, this was a year or two ago though. He actually tried to have a conversation but I could see it being difficult when there are hundreds of emails you have to respond to one by one.
I don't really read the thread much, just scroll through the pics in that thread so I have no idea what is going on. The brand definitely has a cult following though and it is understandable considering they still provide the best bang for your buck when it comes to leather jackets.

Yep, it seems his helpfulness has gone down since you ordered.

You are right about body sizing.
I just feel that if you are going to allow for any measurement changes, I think more than a one line response should be given in response to enquires. Unless you are that good. Charly is not that good. Atleast not how they talk him up on SF.
It seems some peps got indept responses. I didnt.
One thing I dislike is that it takes the same amount of time to get a stock item that it does a MTMish item. I know they make them one at a time. They can make a couple of stock items and have those ready immediately.

I'm on the fence about ordering a varsity.. Just wondering, Is there a return policy? What about for the stock ones?

I agree with RFX. I've ordered from ToJ 6 times and Charly was pleasant to work with. He probably got tired of the same questions. Some transactions have emails going back and forth over 100 times which is absurd. Some folks want to switch material half way thru which would make them irritates. I tried to sell my horse hide mdr and got frustrated with the stupid questions some of the members asked so I can imagine how he feels.

I agree with RFX. I've ordered from ToJ 6 times and Charly was pleasant to work with. He probably got tired of the same questions. Some transactions have emails going back and forth over 100 times which is absurd. Some folks want to switch material half way thru which would make them irritates. I tried to sell my horse hide mdr and got frustrated with the stupid questions some of the members asked so I can imagine how he feels.

Can you blame the questions.

They are located in either Japan or Korea. No one has the ability to put hands on their products before they buy. Add a the wait time and no return policy. What do they want the customer to do, ask 1 or 2 questions and submit payment. They should know some of their customers are new to their service and would have questions.

I personally will ask as many questions until I feel comfortable. They make it seem like I the consumer dont have the right to be informed. They make it and I should automatically submit payment with no questions asked. I dont care how many times they have answered my question before, this is my first time asking it. The funny thing with Charly is that with ever on line reply he gave he was sure to include the paragraph of information on how to pay.

Im sorry but i am not as loose with my money as some are. My mouth is not the only one my pockets feed. I rather waste money on my child.

If you want whats in my pocket you will earn it and if you mess up you will hear it.

as always no hate still luv ya.

Last edited:
That is probably partly of why they are moving to a OTR online clothing store soon, get rid of the headache and probably be able to accept returns/exchanges? I pretty much have the brands I like and I am very familiar with how they fit so ToJ isn't the main option for me these days, plus I do hate the wait, I am just too inpatient. :wow:

The only thing I really want is the varsity but I still can't quite pull the trigger on it. Wis, do you still have a varsity on order?

Last edited:
That is probably partly of why they are moving to a OTR online clothing store soon, get rid of the headache and probably be able to accept returns/exchanges? I pretty much have the brands I like and I am very familiar with how they fit so ToJ isn't the main option for me these days, plus I do hate the wait, I am just too inpatient. :wow:
The only thing I really want is the varsity but I still can't quite pull the trigger on it. Wis, do you still have a varsity on order?

I will reorder another varsity from them. I think they make a great varsity. I will wait until this summer when its too hot to worry about a leather. I need a nice sporty leather to rock with my Jordans.

Last edited:
Hey RFX, I never came thru on the varsity. I still want one but iffy about it. I spent the money this morning on a Thom blazer :lol:

The wait time is killer too. I've waited 3 to 7 weeks for my jackets except the horse which was nearly 3 months.

Some questions are understandable. But to go back and forth 100 times is excessive. Most of the customers are college kids though so they're more willing to spend as they don't have a family to care for.

What exactly do you ask that requires more than one line? They have guides on the site on how to measure yourself or what kind of jacket to use as a base.

The only emails I've sent is my initial body measurements and then got the suggested measurements for the jacket back from Charly and asking if a leather in x color was available or not or how long estimated wait time is and those all don't require more than one line. Also, regarding the measurements you get back from Charly, people need to use common sense and adjust them as they see fit. Charly is not going to know how you want the jacket to fit and even if two people are same height and weight, their bodies are going to be different. I think most of the people with really great fits change a bit of the measurements Charly sends back. For me personally, I adjusted the length and width at cuff a bit but that was more personal preference rather than a mistake on his part.

I also never got the paragraph on how to pay in any of the emails to me.

Hey RFX, I never came thru on the varsity. I still want one but iffy about it. I spent the money this morning on a Thom blazer :lol:
The wait time is killer too. I've waited 3 to 7 weeks for my jackets except the horse which was nearly 3 months.
Some questions are understandable. But to go back and forth 100 times is excessive. Most of the customers are college kids though so they're more willing to spend as they don't have a family to care for.

Hows the fit on the Thom. I tried one on and it fit like my old starter jackets from the early 90's.

Yah, now that you know your size, you should be pretty happy moving forward.

There are at least 3 color combo of the varsity I want, they are that nice.

What exactly do you ask that requires more than one line? They have guides on the site on how to measure yourself or what kind of jacket to use as a base.
The only emails I've sent is my initial body measurements and then got the suggested measurements for the jacket back from Charly and asking if a leather in x color was available or not or how long estimated wait time is and those all don't require more than one line. Also, regarding the measurements you get back from Charly, people need to use common sense and adjust them as they see fit. Charly is not going to know how you want the jacket to fit and even if two people are same height and weight, their bodies are going to be different. I think most of the people with really great fits change a bit of the measurements Charly sends back. For me personally, I adjusted the length and width at cuff a bit but that was more personal preference rather than a mistake on his part.
I also never got the paragraph on how to pay in any of the emails to me.

Well for instance I asked told Charly my measurements and was thinking of getting a 52.

He replied, "a stock 54 should be fine".

Thats it.

Can I atleast get how you came up with 54. There was clearly a difference in perception.

I order that stock 54 and it came out bad. Found a stock 52 in the B/S and was light years different.

So, that says the convo should have been longer.

Hows the fit on the Thom. I tried one on and it fit like my old starter jackets from the early 90's.
It fits slim, cropped and short just as expected. I wanted to see if it would fall deeper into the sale but didn't want to risk it so I ponied the $500 for it. Probably an inch of my shirt sleeves show thru. Got it as a fun jacket. It should pair great with my Tricker's.

I'm iffy about the varsity because I'm not sure how much I'll wear it. This was why I sold the original baseball jacket.

Last edited:
Wis, with your style, I can see you wearing it plenty. You kind of have that preppy/biz-cas look which could be complimented with the varsity well. I see you wearing jeans with sneakers and baseball hat at times and the varsity will easily work with that look. I just think you have to choose the right color, I see the Jason Bourne working for you and your style.

It fits slim, cropped and short just as expected. I wanted to see if it would fall deeper into the sale but didn't want to risk it so I ponied the $500 for it. Probably an inch of my shirt sleeves show thru. Got it as a fun jacket. It should pair great with my Tricker's.
I'm iffy about the varsity because I'm not sure how much I'll wear it. This was why I sold the original baseball jacket.

Which Thom did you find? Maybe we are talking about 2 diff jackets cause the one I saw was like $1800 retail. 800 was the lowest on sale.

Last edited:
It is a navy school boy blazer. No longer available on Barneys.com. Retail was around $700 or 800. It was roughly 35% off.

Wis, with your style, I can see you wearing it plenty. You kind of have that preppy/biz-cas look which could be complimented with the varsity well. I see you wearing jeans with sneakers and baseball hat at times and the varsity will easily work with that look. I just think you have to choose the right color, I see the Jason Bourne working for you and your style.
Yes, dude. I don't even have a style to be honest, haha. I just wear what I want. Be it wearing a suit for no reason or the CSUN hat with sneakers. And you hit it on the head with the Jason Bourne color way. That's the one I want. I've wanted since before the last offering ended. I still want time to enjoy wearing my stuff though. God knows how many pairs of shoes I still haven't worn. :frown: there's been times I cop stuff and they sit in the closet for months before getting worn.

Back
Top Bottom