Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Wis, with your style, I can see you wearing it plenty. You kind of have that preppy/biz-cas look which could be complimented with the varsity well. I see you wearing jeans with sneakers and baseball hat at times and the varsity will easily work with that look. I just think you have to choose the right color, I see the Jason Bourne working for you and your style.
Yes, dude. I don't even have a style to be honest, haha. I just wear what I want. Be it wearing a suit for no reason or the CSUN hat with sneakers. And you hit it on the head with the Jason Bourne color way. That's the one I want. I've wanted since before the last offering ended. I still want time to enjoy wearing my stuff though. God knows how many pairs of shoes I still haven't worn. :frown: there's been times I cop stuff and they sit in the closet for months before getting worn.

I know how you feel man, I try to wear my stuff right away but when I put them back in the closet, they can be forgotten. Every time I post pics, people always say my shoes looks new and unworn and I just tell them I just have too much in rotation and it helps that I usually give them a quick wipe when I get home.

I know how you feel man, I try to wear my stuff right away but when I put them back in the closet, they can be forgotten. Every time I post pics, people always say my shoes looks new and unworn and I just tell them I just have too much in rotation and it helps that I usually give them a quick wipe when I get home.
Do you still wear your Aldens and Paul Smith shoes since you changed aesthetic?

There are some stuff that I always wear, like my Alden LWBs. There are other stuff I can't wear as often because of the dress code at work. I'm seriously running out of closet space so I think I really have to be done :lol:

Do you still wear your Aldens and Paul Smith shoes since you changed aesthetic?
There are some stuff that I always wear, like my Alden LWBs. There are other stuff I can't wear as often because of the dress code at work. I'm seriously running out of closet space so I think I really have to be done :lol:

Being prior Navy I am not used to having alot of stuff. Anything more than 2 seabags and its too much. I begin to sell stuff off, when it starts not to not make rotation. I hate having a bunch of unused stuff.

Oh yeah, I still wear Aldens and Paul Smith shoes/boots. Though my aesthetic is a bit "darker" or use less colors, it isn't exactly goth per say.

Like this fit (pic below), the jeans are APC and the boots are Dayton Service Boots, I could have easily swapped that out with Paul Smith Ricard or black Alden Indy boots.
LL

I rock clothes like these too that I don't post here because I don't deem it appropriate for this thread and what it represents (breaking some sartorial rules):

My Rick Owens stays strictly jeans/pants and tee for the part, sneakers/shoes/boots depends on how I feel. Even that I am likely breaking the "rules" with and probably be chastised at some forums like StyleZeitgeist.

Workwear still makes an appearance but in a more "grungy" way I guess (not sur ehow to describe it), wear my brown Indy's with slim dark denim slightly rolled up to highwaters with brown ToJ collared moto (wearing that now actually). I'll see if I can take pics, it'll probably work for the rugged boots challenge. Best I could do right now, iPhone pic. Alden Undy & PS Bihar are actually my go to boots in rainy days and it's been raining a lot lately.

Last edited:
I have a pair of APC NS that Ive been neglecting for 2 reasons (even though, I would like to rock them).. 1: The denim is very rigid, its hard to put things in my pocket and pull them out. 2: The shade of blue, I feel like doesn't compliment many of my tops..

Anyone else feel like this? lol

Oh yeah, I still wear Aldens and Paul Smith shoes/boots. Though my aesthetic is a bit "darker" or use less colors, it isn't exactly goth per say.
Like this fit (pic below), the jeans are APC and the boots are Dayton Service Boots, I could have easily swapped that out with Paul Smith Ricard or black Alden Indy boots.
LL
I rock clothes like these too that I don't post here because I don't deem it appropriate for this thread and what it represents (breaking some sartorial rules):
My Rick Owens stays strictly jeans/pants and tee for the part, sneakers/shoes/boots depends on how I feel. Even that I am likely breaking the "rules" with and probably be chastised at some forums like StyleZeitgeist.
Workwear still makes an appearance but in a more "grungy" way I guess (not sur ehow to describe it), wear my brown Indy's with slim dark denim slightly rolled up to highwaters with brown ToJ collared moto (wearing that now actually). I'll see if I can take pics, it'll probably work for the rugged boots challenge. Best I could do right now, iPhone pic. Alden Undy & PS Bihar are actually my go to boots in rainy days and it's been raining a lot lately.
I see your Indys are scratched from the rear inner panel too. This happens to a lot of my footwear and I can't figure out what causes it :lol:

I see your Indys are scratched from the rear inner panel too. This happens to a lot of my footwear and I can't figure out what causes it :lol:

Do you sit on a chair that has wheels? I sometimes find my shoes brushing against the wheel/arm holding the wheels and this causes it.

I have a pair of APC NS that Ive been neglecting for 2 reasons (even though, I would like to rock them).. 1: The denim is very rigid, its hard to put things in my pocket and pull them out. 2: The shade of blue, I feel like doesn't compliment many of my tops..
Anyone else feel like this? lol
If you don't like rigid denim then perhaps raw denim is not for you. Since no pictures were posted, I don't think anyone can comment on your latter point.

Do you sit on a chair that has wheels? I sometimes find my shoes brushing against the wheel/arm holding the wheels and this causes it.
It's for sure not this. I sit in a pretty ergonomic friendly position and my feet are planted on the floor that is quite away from the wheels.

Hey guys.

Just got the email from Clae for 30% off all orders placed Dec 26-Jan 14 using code CLAE2013

Might actually get me to pull the trigger on a pair of chambers
These look interesting. Never owned a pair of Clae's. What's the sizing like? And are they carried in any chain stores? I don't recall ever seeing this brand before.

Today was Boxing Day in Canada (like black friday). Was able to buy:

Italian Yarn Cardigan, originally $198 for $75

And Selvedge Denim Jeans, originally $180 for $65

:smokin

Last edited:

Happened with my Vibergs too

I think mine happened because I threw out the original viberg box since it was way too big and i usually store these in a red wing box and the boots fit pretty tightly so when the cardboard goes down, it gets scratched.

If you don't like rigid denim then perhaps raw denim is not for you. Since no pictures were posted, I don't think anyone can comment on your latter point.

I have 2 pairs of TF Nudies that are perfect (Dry Stretch and ODEE), that are not as rigid as my APC's... do the APC's eventually get softer? Like considerably softer? I know they would eventually lossen up with wear..

im betting you guys kick your shoes off with the other foot..

btw wis, who you fooling. you know damn well where ever youre at (socal i believe :nerd:) aint that cold

sincerely,

NewJerseyandFreezing :frown:

dope fit though!

I rarely walk though. Just from my car to the office or wherever I'm going to.

I have 2 pairs of TF Nudies that are perfect (Dry Stretch and ODEE), that are not as rigid as my APC's... do the APC's eventually get softer? Like considerably softer? I know they would eventually lossen up with wear..
They're suppose to get considerably softer with wears, but this is tons of wears. This is why guys get the crotch area blown out and such because the fabric stretches.

im betting you guys kick your shoes off with the other foot..
btw wis, who you fooling. you know damn well where ever youre at (socal i believe :nerd:) aint that cold
sincerely,
NewJerseyandFreezing :frown:
dope fit though!
It was like in the mid 40s Fahrenheit today, man. This is hell freezing over weather for me. I'd die if I were in the east coast. Too bad I can't wear beanies to work :lol:

Also, not sure how many people like the Margiela x H&M footwear, but some folks on SF said the boots are marked down to $30 now. Retail was $300 so this is a huge mark down. I'm going to check out on Saturday... :lol: I'm going to guess there won't be anything left.

These look interesting. Never owned a pair of Clae's. What's the sizing like? And are they carried in any chain stores? I don't recall ever seeing this brand before.
Clae has been around for years. IMO they fit small, I grabbed a 10.5 in a model (forgot the name) and it was too tight for me, had to give it to a friend. Im usually a 10 in shoes/sneakers, can fit 9.5 sometimes too.

^

That was pretty cool. His "rich banker" outfit was my fav. Though I do think he could get away with slightly slimmer jeans. Some of his pants arent as wide as his jeans.

^

That was pretty cool. His "rich banker" outfit was my fav. Though I do think he could get away with slightly slimmer jeans. Some of his pants arent as wide as his jeans.
He's an older guy so they like fuller cut pants and jackets. He's in great shape for an older gent though...which I truly commend since as you age, things are against you...metabolism slows down, your body ages, and you don't have as much time dedicated to keeping fit.

It takes some dedication to take interesting pictures with unique backgrounds, which is the cool part.

Last edited:
Dude looks like an action figure
Well, he's in Russia. When they hit the gym, they really go in. There's a guy who had a 38" chest and relocated to Russia. I'm not sure what he did, but he became super brolic and now has a size 46" chest.

Back
Top Bottom