Dressing Better Vol 2.0

A day late, but Merry Xmas fam! Me and the soon to be official Mrs. and our annual Xmas day prom poses! :lol:

Nice fit, congrats man

Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Just got some Christmas money and looking at the Target Merona Peacoat and the LL Bean duck boots.  I'm home for about another 2-3 weeks before heading back up to school.  Does anyone know if I should expect either item to go on sale over the next week or so?

http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s-peacoat-assorted-colors/-/A-14050120

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/3354...sulate&attrValue_0=Tan/Brown&productId=197935

LL bean had a one day 30% off sale on all boots about two weeks ago so I highly doubt they will have another for some time (there's a sale for outerware right now though). I copped the thinsulate + gortex 8" duck boots for $128 with tax. They have been sitting at my mailbox in the US and I will be picking them up very soon. Excited.

Last edited:
Happy holidays everyone! I usually lurk, but tell me what you guys think?
Accepting an emmy in the first photo. Christmas party at a friends.

Christmas with the family.

Last edited:
anyone besides me that can't stand wearing polyester? I get all sweaty and itchy wearing it, gross. I shake my head when I see something I like, only to see that it's made of polyester. 100% cotton for me.

Those wingtips are very nice. Info? (Sorry if it's already been asked/answered, didn't see.)
Like Bama said they are Cole Haan's, they are a little long on me so I have to return them and get a smaller pair but I love them and highly recommend them.

Reactions: aph
The Rag and Bone Cardigan from Target came in today, fits great imo really happy with it

Still waiting on my SS items to arrive here tho...

Just left J Crew outlet and they had some good sales, 40% almost everything I could find and 50% on some button ups. Finally picked up some slim fit chinos and they are 
pimp.gif

^

That was pretty cool. His "rich banker" outfit was my fav. Though I do think he could get away with slightly slimmer jeans. Some of his pants arent as wide as his jeans.
He prefers proportion over style, which is the big mistake that many of you make. If your legs are a bit thinner, you should not be wearing slim or skinny jeans with a muscular upper body. Some of the pics I see of cats doing the skinny thing, ruin many of the outfits due to lacking proper proportion.

Balance is key, if you truly want to Dress Better.

Last edited:
Nah, some aren't about proportions at all, some of the straight leg pants he has just look terrible. A slight taper, even w/o making it skinny or slim at all, would make these fits much better.
Everything else are well balanced though.

Last edited:
Nah, some aren't about proportions at all, some of the straight leg pants he has just look terrible. A slight taper, even w/o making it skinny or slim at all, would make these fits much better.
That's your opinion. Those who value proportion disagree with you, and I am one of those cats.

He has either huge or thin calves, I can't tell which one really, and if he wore slim pants, it would look odd.

I have a similar issue due to the size of my feet. I wear a size fifteen. While my legs are pretty much in proportion with my upper body, slim pants make my shoes stand out waaaaaaayy tooo much.

Last edited:

That's your opinion. Those who value proportion disagree with you, and I am one of those cats.

He has thin calves, and if he wore slim pant, it would look odd.

Did you even read what I said, I clearly wrote slight taper and no need for it to be skinny or slim, it doesn't have to hug his legs or thin calves it just has to be less wide int eh leg opening. quarter of an inch to half an inch taper will make that fit look much better, those jeans bottom looks wider than his trouser bottom, it flares out more probably because it is more rigid.

Values proportion, posts a fit of slim pants and foamposites...

His pants can use some alterations....nobody says go skin tight, but it looks like his pants actually flare out at the bottom and are a bit too long.

Did you even read what I said, I clearly wrote slight taper and no need for it to be skinny or slim, it doesn't have to hug his legs or thin calves it just has to be less wide int eh leg opening. quarter of an inch to half an inch taper will make that fit look much better, those jeans bottom looks wider than his trouser bottom, it flares out more probably because it is more rigid.
I read what you said, I simply disagree.

I think that his line from shoulder to ankle, is quite proper. It has a nice balance just the way it is.

I feel like this is a trap so I am going to walk away now while I still can.

Last edited:
Values proportion, posts a fit of slim pants and foamposites...
His pants can use some alterations....nobody says go skin tight, but it looks like his pants actually flare out at the bottom and are a bit too long.
That....was not me. I'd never wear foam anything on my feet.

Last edited:
Nordstrom has a men's sale for after Xmas. Stopped by during lunch time to peep. Some decent stuff ie Red Wing boots for $150.

Back
Top Bottom