Dressing Better Vol 2.0

when you guys go "thrifting." do you go to like goodwill?
is that considered a thrift shop?
and you you hit up ghetto areas? or like a nice area thrift shop?

When I used to go it was to the nice area. River Oaks is Houston's Beverly Hills

I'm lucky to live in a wealthy suburban area and have had fairly good luck finding some decent items. I imagine that the quality of your thrift finds will increase in relation to the household incomes of the area. Unless you have Bruce Wayne dropping off his old coats in the slums of Gotham.

I'm lucky to live in a wealthy suburban area and have had fairly good luck finding some decent items. I imagine that the quality of your thrift finds will increase in relation to the household incomes of the area. Unless you have Bruce Wayne dropping off his old coats in the slums of Gotham.
I usually go to Goodwill. In the South, GA to be exact, folks really don't spend a lot on clothing so its hit or miss. Goodwill ships trucks all around the region so I get things from all over. I picked up a pair of Beeswax DB and Penny 3s yesterday that I posted to sell. Its a great time to thrift.

i've been going to both rich and poorer areas and finding great buys...
speaking of which, i stopped my a local goodwill and picked up two more awesome pieces!!

i've been looking to buy an overcoat for awhile in camel. unbelievably, i found this!

brand is mighty mac which apparently started in the early 1900s. in that pic i am wearing it with a blazer underneath. i do not need to alter it at all and guess what? PAID $12!

next i've been looking for more patterned jackets hopefully in a different fabric as well. i ended up walking out with this:

(no alterations needed either)
i do not know how i have been getting so lucky lately but this wool glenplaid jacket ended up costing $6 :D

here are a closer look at them too. they both ended up having leather buttons!

Last edited:
You pickups are awesome.

OK, listen closely. You will go through a drought. Do not let this discourage you. Push through it and stay consistent. :smokin

You pickups are awesome.

OK, listen closely. You will go through a drought. Do not let this discourage you. Push through it and stay consistent. :smokin

yeah i figured this dumb luck will only last so long. however, while its good, im going to milk it for all its worth :smokin

Please add some flair and pop the collar on that overcoat.. Or else you got the private detective look going on.

haha, actually just tried the popped look right before i read your post. really liked it. probably will rock it like that from now on lol

great fit and find with those coats!

p.s. you're not supposed to button the last button on the peacoat either. :tongue:

Last edited:
Nice pickups Pinoy, I used to find awesome stuff in Value Village back in the day, but stopped going. 

Anyone know how to remove bad smells?

I got a cool leather duffle bag from Korea and it has the worst smell. Febreeze didn't help, now I've tried sticking it in the freezer lol 

Amazing deals and some great pickups. Props Pinoy. I have actually never been thrifting before, but you guys have pretty much convinced me to try it. Hopefully I'll pick up a few things and post them here

Last edited:
Nice pickups Pinoy, I used to find awesome stuff in Value Village back in the day, but stopped going. 

Anyone know how to remove bad smells?

I got a cool leather duffle bag from Korea and it has the worst smell. Febreeze didn't help, now I've tried sticking it in the freezer lol 

Try sticking a few dryer sheets in there. I've done that with some of my shoes and it has worked. Same concept as those sneaker balls you can get at any shoe store for $5.

Sheesh Pinoy you're getting some great pickups :lol: I tried going frequently over the summer and scooped some BB dress shirts and a couple other nice ones but you're making me wanna try my luck this weekend man :smokin

went out to run a few errands, so you know i had to bust this out with the quickness

(neckwear entry btw!)

as i was out, i remembered another thrift joint so i stopped by. found some really nice banana republic shirts, all in my size but decided i had spent enough over the last few days. decided to take it easy. however, these few items stuck out to me the most. figured i'd share

Last edited:
also i passed on a bunch of stuff not pictured. here's a quick list:
YSL Trenchcoat. Christian Dior Trench. Burberry Camel Hair Sportcoat. Unbelievable amount of Ralph Lauren Trenches/Shirts. JCrew shirts. Brooks Brothers Shirts. Johnston and Murphy Captoes. Bass Weejuns. and so much more
Yo, are you in Northern VA? That looked like Unique.

Back
Top Bottom