Dressing Better Vol 2.0

went out to run a few errands, so you know i had to bust this out with the quickness

(neckwear entry btw!)
as i was out, i remembered another thrift joint so i stopped by. found some really nice banana republic shirts, all in my size but decided i had spent enough over the last few days. decided to take it easy. however, these few items stuck out to me the most. figured i'd share

Looks like you're finding some good spots. I see stuff like this regularly, but not every darn time I go like you've posted. Keep it up and i'm sure you'll build an awesome wardrobe for cheap. I'll be the first to say i'm pretty addicted, I think it's a fun hobby. Better when your significant other is interested in it as well, otherwise she'll find it annoying :lol:

Last edited:
Yo, are you in Northern VA? That looked like Unique.

I've been to Unique in Falls Church twice and I have yet to find anything good there. It's huge, but the selection hasn't been great. I did get a navy hopsack blazer (not brand name) from there for like $5 but other than that, nothing.

Last edited:
That camel coat looks great on you man. Nice pickups
Word, looks good. But damn bruh, a shirt and tie to go out for basic errands?
laugh.gif

Any interest in the Clark's Desert Guard?

Nope, not a fan.. How do you feel about the ones I posted?

I like those Mali boots but I thought you'd posted that you want something further away from Beeswax DB. Obviously they're not the same but pretty similar.

Anyway, those camo Desert Treks you posted are on sale at 6pm for only $72:
http://www.6pm.com/clarks-desert-trek-green-camo?zfcTest=mat:1

They have the camo DB but limited sizes:
http://www.6pm.com/clarks-desert-boot-green-camo?zfcTest=mat:1

actually, Unique apparently is a chain store located all over the US. theres 7 in NJ alone (my state). my girl actually has been fiending to go thrifting with me. after seeing/hearing about all my adventures, she wants to have a go at it herself.
and for the shirt/tie, i ended up meeting with a friend to grab a quick bite along with errands. :rolleyes its just my norm

went out to run a few errands, so you know i had to bust this out with the quickness

(neckwear entry btw!)
as i was out, i remembered another thrift joint so i stopped by. found some really nice banana republic shirts, all in my size but decided i had spent enough over the last few days. decided to take it easy. however, these few items stuck out to me the most. figured i'd share

Dude! Where do you find these pieces? The Goodwill and Salvation Army stores around here got nothing :lol:

That Rag and Bone denim is money. I think it would fetch $100 easily. Those Jacks look basically new. And the YSL and D&G shirts would fetch some money as well.

You pickups are awesome.
OK, listen closely. You will go through a drought. Do not let this discourage you. Push through it and stay consistent. :smokin
I spent a day thrifting and found nothing. Stopped by Mickey D's to get an ice cream cone and just called it a day :frown:

Those two pieces fit incredibly well on A. Everything I tried on even in a size 36 looked like I can smuggle a couple of kids under. Another neat feature about thrifting is learning about the brand and its history. Sometimes it gets overwhelming, ie brand A merged with brand B from 1920-1940, and broke apart until the 1960 and revamped into brand C until 1990 :lol:

Last edited:
honestly Wis, i couldnt tell you how i keep running into these things. the JPs must've been worn once and were actually in my size, i just have been spending left and right on thrifting, food, and other 21 yr old expenditures that I am deciding to only buy things that really really stick out to me. at some point i see my luck running out but after hitting so many places, i know one or two that will definitely have consistent worthwhile pieces. i'll just get em when i get em :D

thanks also for that blog post man! it's just crazy to know that two years ago, when i started reading this thread during my winter break, i had no clue about any of this stuff. and now, i have one of the best dressed guys in the thread writing about me! thanks again for that, and please believe i'm going to share that with friends on Facebook and such :lol:

honestly Wis, i couldnt tell you how i keep running into these things. the JPs must've been worn once and were actually in my size, i just have been spending left and right on thrifting, food, and other 21 yr old expenditures that I am deciding to only buy things that really really stick out to me. at some point i see my luck running out but after hitting so many places, i know one or two that will definitely have consistent worthwhile pieces. i'll just get em when i get em :D
thanks also for that blog post man! it's just crazy to know that two years ago, when i started reading this thread during my winter break, i had no clue about any of this stuff. and now, i have one of the best dressed guys in the thread writing about me! thanks again for that, and please believe i'm going to share that with friends on Facebook and such :lol:
If you have time, or anyone interested in thrifting, I recommend following this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/9006/the-official-thrift-discount-store-bragging-thread

Some of these guys know everything, it's mind boggling.

No problem on the post, man. I love posting about the members (with their permission of course). Feel free to share with everyone and anyone!

I'm going to check out some thrift stores around Beverly Hills to see what I can find this weekend :lol:

I aint eem mad at duke, its just...thats a whole lot of effort for just errands. :lol: No hate. :nthat:

i sometimes wish i had it in me, i have a ****load of nice shirts and ties now, but since wedding season is over i rarely get to rock...lol...and on my days off sometimes i consider dressing up, but end up in jeans, tee, hoody and my flyknits :lol:

Went to a wedding this past Saturday and my girl snapped a photo of me going ham on the Foosball table in the game room. Final score was 10-0 :pimp:

Last edited:
While Adrian dresses fly to go thrifting, this is my everyday "dressing better" look :lol:

Last edited:
I've been to Unique in Falls Church twice and I have yet to find anything good there. It's huge, but the selection hasn't been great. I did get a navy hopsack blazer (not brand name) from there for like $5 but other than that, nothing.
I've had a few wins there in the past, but they know their market and what to price certain items. They often overprice for some beat-up jordans or af1s, calvin klein dress shoes, etc. Not very often that I find a true "thrift win" that is: in good condition, a well-known respectable brand, and at a reasonable price point. Better to hit the smaller spots, honestly.

Looking sharp, George!

K: Only pictures from you are supposed to be high quality ones, man :lol:

If I have to make a quick stop for gas and grocery at night, it's just t shirt and basketball shorts and sandals (in the summer time) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom