Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Dude was really serious about that DVD. I thought it was ridiculous.

It just shows you though how desperate men are in regards to attracting the opposite sex. If you really think about it a lot of his advise about dressing is mediocre and frankly you can pick up better advise on dressing better online for free like here.

Dude was really serious about that DVD. I thought it was ridiculous.

It just shows you though how desperate men are in regards to attracting the opposite sex. If you really think about it a lot of his advise about dressing is mediocre and frankly you can pick up better advise on dressing better online for free like here.
Exactly. Can't believe he said $300. Even my wife was like WTF

Exactly. Can't believe he said $300. Even my wife was like WTF
Even at $30, it'd be pushing it, man. :lol:

A lot of dudes out there want to look good, but don't know where to start though. This is why J. Crew comes in so handy and has really created a niche for itself. I've seen guys walk in there and come out with bags and bags, ranging from just t shirts and shorts to suits and such, a truly one stop shop with their own complimentary 'stylish'.

I have a female friend who runs services for guys that fit in this category...and she is making good money off of them. She basically turns the dudes into metrosexuals for lack of better words...she schools them on the basic wardrobe essentials and how to work with colors for coordinating, techniques about facial grooming, and eating etiquette, what to say and not say to women, etc. I guess a woman real life version of Hitch? :lol:

A lot of dudes out there want to look good, but don't know where to start though. This is why J. Crew comes in so handy and has really created a niche for itself. I've seen guys walk in there and come out with bags and bags, ranging from just t shirts and shorts to suits and such, a truly one stop shop with their own complimentary 'stylish'.

I have a female friend who runs services for guys that fit in this category...and she is making good money off of them. She basically turns the dudes into metrosexuals for lack of better words...she schools them on the basic wardrobe essentials and how to work with colors for coordinating, techniques about facial grooming, and eating etiquette, what to say and not say to women, etc. I guess a woman real life version of Hitch? :lol:

I think we should start a consulting firm lol. Wis you got LA, Adrian and I got NY and NJ, Jason can get all of Georgia...hmmmm

I think we should start a consulting firm lol. Wis you got LA, Adrian and I got NY and NJ, Jason can get all of Georgia...hmmmm
:lol:

There is definitely an audience there, man.

About 5 years or so ago when I was still in my R&R/TR jeans stage, I saw an older gent, probably in his late 40s walking into Nordstrom wanting to look 'cool'. He went to the Rail portion which sells the hipper stuff. The girl who worked there gave him all of the 'in brands' ie Ed Hardy, 7 jeans, etc. His dressing room was next to mine, and he tried on a crapload of stuff. I was thinking there would be no way he would buy everything. He was walking out and he dropped his car key, I saw the Ferrari logo and retracted my statement. He spent over $3k on what the girl suggested because it was the 'in' look. I'm pretty sure he's redone his wardrobe again since then due to the brands being out of style now.

I think there are lots of dudes out there that make great money, but lack the time or interest to learn the basic elements. They would rather have someone 'coach' them on what to wear and what style to go after.

This thread is pretty much the opposite of that :lol: The best example would probably be Adrian, who started lurking in the original thread...took some pointers along the way, and now has developed his own aesthetic. Instead of just telling him what to wear, he took in different ideas and decided what he likes/doesn't like and went from there.

Dressing Better, LLC :lol: someone contact an attorney and get that going.

Also, the rugged footwear challenge is coming to an end soon. This Sunday would be the last day for this challenge.

Ideas being thrown around:

-incorporate black into your outfit, ie black shoes, shirt, pants, etc.

-classic outerwear such as blazer, peacoat, duffle coat, topcoat, car coat, etc.

-dressing up/down chinos

-the art of layering

Anyone and everyone can feel free to brainstorm and throw in their ideas. We'll have a vote on the challenge soon.

About 5 years or so ago when I was still in my R&R/TR jeans stage, I saw an older gent, probably in his late 40s walking into Nordstrom wanting to look 'cool'. He went to the Rail portion which sells the hipper stuff. The girl who worked there gave him all of the 'in brands' ie Ed Hardy, 7 jeans, etc. His dressing room was next to mine, and he tried on a crapload of stuff. I was thinking there would be no way he would buy everything. He was walking out and he dropped his car key, I saw the Ferrari logo and retracted my statement. He spent over $3k on what the girl suggested because it was the 'in' look. I'm pretty sure he's redone his wardrobe again since then due to the brands being out of style now.

I think there are lots of dudes out there that make great money, but lack the time or interest to learn the basic elements. They would rather have someone 'coach' them on what to wear and what style to go after.

This thread is pretty much the opposite of that :lol: The best example would probably be Adrian, who started lurking in the original thread...took some pointers along the way, and now has developed his own aesthetic. Instead of just telling him what to wear, he took in different ideas and decided what he likes/doesn't like and went from there.

Hey my sister-in-law can make it happen

Reactions: wj4
My contribution to the DB thread for today, I liked how this shot came out of my pair of Maxverre shoes. Not a very well known brand, but they make very nice shoes. It is the company that manufactures Tom Ford's line of shoes.

Last edited:
Sebagos on sale at GILT.com

Most of them still have a full run of sizes which is rare.
Check em out when you have time.
My spot had these for 50euros, although a great price here in France I always assume I'm still paying 30% more than if i copped in the states, but that GILT sale proved me wrong.. 50 euros is a steal for those.

The Shark Tank is one of my fav shows. I caught this segment and I'm sure most of us in here think it's corny because the 'finished' product shown to the sharks (the potential investors) looks kinda tacky. But nonetheless, it's probably good enough for the general public.

Believe it of not, this guy is on Youtube.

Before this video was even posted I saw a few of his videos, not bad advice, but nothing I would pay for either.

Stopped through Unique yesterday. Used to go there all the time but was sporadic in what I'd find. Glad I went yesterday. Found a nice harris tweed jacket for ~$8 (just needs arms taken up 1/2"), two slim Christian Dior ties for under $5 each, and some brand new air force ones for $30.

Thanks to Adrian for inspiring me to go back and check it out again.

:nerd: Down.

What's ashame is that Mr. Ferrari probably does that every year or so..
As for me being the example, it goes to show anyone who cares about their appearance and is willing to invest time into learning about changing it to a more professional look can dress better. Few years back I was Stussy and Jordan'd out guys :lol:. However, I very much doubt that guy's business will be appealing to the everyday man. Take the $300 aside for the DVDs. You still need to buy all the necessary wardrobe pieces that it dictates. Investment will probably end up costing a few grand by the end :rolleyes

mad random IGers following me now. no faces i recognize. DB lurkers? :nerd: announce yourself! :lol:

Guilty. Haha.
Enjoy reading through this thread, just haven't posted any fits.

All good my man. Just making sure my recent spike was because of this thread :D

Stopped through Unique yesterday. Used to go there all the time but was sporadic in what I'd find. Glad I went yesterday. Found a nice harris tweed jacket for ~$8 (just needs arms taken up 1/2"), two slim Christian Dior ties for under $5 each, and some brand new air force ones for $30.

Thanks to Adrian for inspiring me to go back and check it out again.

No problem man, awesome deal on those pickups. Post some pics!

Its my 21st birthday today DB fam
smokin.gif

smokin.gif
Not a big contributor to this thread, but it's my 21st today too. Bought some beers at 12:01 last night, felt great not using a fake for once. Unfortunately LSAT studying is getting in the way of an all out drunkfest celebration.

Not a big contributor to this thread, but it's my 21st today too. Bought some beers at 12:01 last night, felt great not using a fake for once. Unfortunately LSAT studying is getting in the way of an all out drunkfest celebration.
smokin.gif

HBD!

i'm not sure on the opinion of camo pants in this thread but,

where could i find some good cargo camo pants? preferably skinny / tapered. I can't seem to find a nice pair that isn't sold out

actually i may have found some, if anyones interested.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom